ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NoUsername
Newly Registered
China

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by NoUsername » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:03 pm

buntyc wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:06 pm
For those of you who are waiting to use IDV app since March/April/May - Have you guys clicked the submit button for documents on UKCVAS app? Just curious to find the reason.
This is the question I'm thinking as well. My case is: SET(M), 19th May. So far, no invite, no access to IDV or booking appointment.

I've uploaded supporting docs but haven't submitted. I applied for myself and my daughter. Could either of these be the reason I haven't got anything?

Hamza127
Pakistan

Post by Hamza127 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:05 pm

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know I received my invite for the idv app. I applied On July 14th for ilr through the accelerated tier 1 entrepreneur Route. Now I just need some insight from you guys or the moderators. I need a quick desicion as I have to urgently travel. I don’t mind paying biometric fees to attend an appointment. What would you guys recommend I do ?. Go through with the app or book biometric appointment. Thank you very much

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:14 pm

Hamza127 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:05 pm
Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know I received my invite for the idv app. I applied On July 14th for ilr through the accelerated tier 1 entrepreneur Route. Now I just need some insight from you guys or the moderators. I need a quick desicion as I have to urgently travel. I don’t mind paying biometric fees to attend an appointment. What would you guys recommend I do ?. Go through with the app or book biometric appointment. Thank you very much
Both are the same. Biometrics submission via IDV or UKVCAS will have no impact on your decision timeline.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sk1984

Post by sk1984 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:22 pm

Hi,

I got IDV app invite today @ 07:59. The application was submitted on 9th July.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:41 pm

NoUsername wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:03 pm
buntyc wrote:
For those of you who are waiting to use IDV app since March/April/May - Have you guys clicked the submit button for documents on UKCVAS app? Just curious to find the reason.
This is the question I'm thinking as well. My case is: SET(M), 19th May. So far, no invite, no access to IDV or booking appointment.

I've uploaded supporting docs but haven't submitted. I applied for myself and my daughter. Could either of these be the reason I haven't got anything?
I don't think this matters. The only explanation that comes to my head is that ukvi has it's own order of applications, which is different from that based on application date. Did you perhaps get an e-mail to provide additional documents and if so, when was that? In my case the application date 25.06 and no idv invitation yet. I did get an e-mail from ukvi with request for additional documents in the middle of July- may be this determines place in the queue?

NoUsername
Newly Registered
China

Post by NoUsername » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:06 pm

Desiro wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:41 pm
NoUsername wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:03 pm
buntyc wrote:

I don't think this matters. The only explanation that comes to my head is that ukvi has it's own order of applications, which is different from that based on application date. Did you perhaps get an e-mail to provide additional documents and if so, when was that? In my case the application date 25.06 and no idv invitation yet. I did get an e-mail from ukvi with request for additional documents in the middle of July- may be this determines place in the queue?
No, I haven't received any emails requiring additional docs. I just uploaded the docs to UKVCA web but haven't clicked to submit so I presume they shouldn't ask for anything more at this point. I will submit them tomorrow to see if it makes any difference.

mcc1380
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by mcc1380 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:34 pm

set(M)
applied 6th July
recieved IDV app email to submit biometrics 29-08-2020 4:53PM

Not sure if I will submit picture/etc through IDV or book an appointment. I am not seeing that many decisions/approvals from the users who submitted on idv app.

has there been a single decision on set(M) that submitted picture on idv app? so far? Its been more than 10 days since idv app is being used to submit pitures/etc.

on the flip side, appointments I am seeing near london are not available till 11th.

Rmol
Newly Registered
Congo Democratic Republic

Post by Rmol » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:32 am

applied 16 th juin
Flr fp still waiting for IDV invitation

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:08 am

Hi guys,
After much anticipation I have received following email From UKVCAS on 28-08-2020. I have submitted my case on 3rd July 2020. I am looking forward for suggestions regarding next steps.

If you have received this message on behalf of the lead applicant, please ensure they are informed immediately.

We are pleased to announce that the new UKVCAS IDV app is now launched.

UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) have changed the way they process applications in response to COVID-19. As a result, UKVI and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) have worked together to develop an Identity Verification (IDV) app which we are now inviting you to use.

The IDV app lets you submit application information to UKVI without having to book or attend an appointment with UKVCAS. This new, free to use, way of submitting information to UKVI involves you taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information onto your mobile device.

The IDV app is quick and easy to use and works on most Android and iPhones.

Why should I use the IDV app?

It’s fully approved by UKVI: The IDV app handles the identity verification process by letting you upload documents, take a photo of yourself and submit these directly to UKVI so a decision can be made about your application.

It’s safe and secure: The IDV app is based on technology delivered by Sopra Steria which is used by Police Forces across the UK and Europe. The app is highly secure and has passed the most stringent Government standards so you can use it with confidence.

It saves time and money: The IDV app saves you time and money as you no longer need to book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. It enables you to submit documents and identity verification information using your smartphone, so you don’t need to leave home or take time away from work.

It’s easy to use: The IDV app is quick and easy to use for all age groups/nationalities. Users are guided in easy steps to scan and upload documents and take photos (selfies) in the right format to submit to UKVI.
What do I need to do next?

Login to your account on the UKVCAS website here
Click on the IDV App panel near the top of the screen
Follow the instructions to download the IDV app to your phone
You then need to login to the IDV app:
The username is the email address you used to log into the UKVCAS website
The password is the one you used to log into the UKVCAS website
Unique Application Number (UAN) is the 16 digit number sent to you by UKVI
That’s all you need to get started.

Where can I find more information?

Take a look at the IDV app video here. It shows you just how easy it is to use the IDV app.
If you have any questions, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) here. They tell you all about the new IDV app and answer any questions that you may have.
Where can I find my UAN and Access UK checklist?

Your UAN and Access UK document checklist is on the email you received from UKVI after you made your application on the Access UK website on Gov.uk.
What happens if there is a problem verifying my identity on the IDV app

If there are any issues verifying your identity after you have used the IDV app, UKVI may ask you to book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point to enrol your biometrics in person. Please note, depending on the time and date you choose, there may be a charge for the appointment.
What if I can’t use the IDV app?

If you are having difficulty using the IDV app, please call us to see if we can help on 0844 8920232 (Calls cost £0.04 per minute plus your provider’s access charge. Our lines are open 9am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday).
What if I don’t want to use the IDV app and/or don’t have a smartphone

You can book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. Visit the UKVCAS website, log in and book an appointment.
What if I need a decision on my visa urgently due to compassionate or emergency reasons?

Please contact UKVI for further information here
Please note, your immigration status will not be affected while your application is being processed. If you do not have a passport or a travel document, please contact UKVI for further advice.

Kind regards

UKVCAS

Please note that we will never send an email to ask you to provide payment details.

This email address is not monitored. If your question is not answered above, please check our website.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:46 am

emmz13 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:41 am
Please do not use this COVID BIOMETRICS ISSUES ONLY discussion topic to post timelines. There is already a specific topic for FLR FP timelines only, link below.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/immig ... l#p1841010
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

emmz13
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by emmz13 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:57 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:46 am
emmz13 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:41 am
Please do not use this COVID BIOMETRICS ISSUES ONLY discussion topic to post timelines. There is already a specific topic for FLR FP timelines only, link below.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/immig ... l#p1841010
I’m sorry other people have posted their timelines it seems without issue, I only did it to help other people waiting for the app access here to show where we were date wise and tbh I wish I hadn’t bothered. Good luck to those waiting.

Narimane
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Narimane » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:43 pm

I want to ask about the idv app. Does UKVCAS send instructions how to use the app such video?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:43 pm

Narimane wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:43 pm
I want to ask about the idv app. Does UKVCAS send instructions how to use the app such video?

Thanks
Yes

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Sutlt
Newly Registered
China

Post by Sutlt » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:12 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied on 29 July 2020. Just submitted biometrics via IDV app a few minutes ago as mobile access granted. Interesting to see that UKVCAS was working on Sunday. Looks like the queue is moving towards the end of July.

Narimane
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Narimane » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:32 pm

Hi i just opened the idv app, but i see that the documents i have uploaded in ukvcas is on the app, do i need to upload again !!!!

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:42 pm

i paid £69 for my biometric appointment.Is this include documents scan service.thanks.

Narimane
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Narimane » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:43 pm

Hi i just opened the idv app, but i see that the documents i have uploaded in ukvcas is on the app, do i need to upload again !!!!

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:43 pm

Narimane wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:32 pm
That won't be helpful, will it?

Just check all the docs you need to upload are there. You don't need to re-upload anything that's already there.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Narimane
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Narimane » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:46 pm

I dont know what should i do, did anyone had this ?!!
Upload again or no !!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:48 pm

Narimane wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:46 pm
Upload again or no !!
Maybe you can read the official guidance to relax?
19. I’ve started my application via the UKVCAS website and have been invited to use the
UKVCAS IDV App, what happens to my current application?
Any documents uploaded to your current application through the UKVCAS website will be available on the IDV app. You will be able to see these on the IDV app after you log on.
https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf
Last edited by CULLINAN on Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Narimane
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Narimane » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:48 pm

Which official guidance ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:50 pm

Narimane wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:46 pm
Upload again or no !!
No!!!

Narimane
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Narimane » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:54 pm

Thank you
I have read this, Any documents uploaded to your current application through the UKVCAS website will be available on the IDV app. You will be able to see these on the IDV app after you log on.
But its not saying if i should do it again or no?!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:56 pm

Narimane wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:54 pm
Thank you
I have read this, Any documents uploaded to your current application through the UKVCAS website will be available on the IDV app. You will be able to see these on the IDV app after you log on.
But its not saying if i should do it again or no?!
Its common sense no?!

evgeniya007
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by evgeniya007 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:11 pm

Update on my application:

Type: ILR SET(M)
Application date: 26 July
Payment date: 26 July
Received IDV invitation: 30 August

Best of luck for all those waiting for decision/IDV invitation.