ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*complicated* marriage on visit visa advice?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: 4 weekly pay fiancé visa. Help!!!

Post by seagul » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:47 pm

geoeng wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:24 am

I disagree. Most of the possible evidence that could be used to support a genuine and subsisting relationship could be faked if someone really wanted to,
Not all such as travel tickets, exit & entry stamps, western union & gifts exchange receipts, etc as they are traceable but a letter from friend confirming relationship can easily be.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:49 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:36 am
geoeng wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:18 am
some people use letters from friends/family as proof of a relationship, etc.
It will carry no weight and will be ignored as anyone can write it.
100% agree with seagul on this. It is subjective and anyone could write it so it won’t hold any weight in front of the ECO. The onus should be on the applicant to show evidence of genuine and subsisting relationship not relatives.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Boooop
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by Boooop » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:50 pm

I did manage to find a few saved snap chat conversations but they aren’t exactly romantic, and a couple are racy so I’m not sure if I should include those, if does show we have been in contact though. Would the ECO frown if I blocked out the text? I probably have a screenshot from snap chat for every month of our relationship, plus what’s app convos from while I’ve been here. I can also send some Xbox communication, but we have fake names on that so don’t know how much weight it will hold other then showing we were in contact, being nerds and talking about dinosaurs. (embarrassing)

You guys are such an amazing group, I am really grateful I stumbled across this site.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:54 pm

Boooop wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:50 pm
I did manage to find a few saved snap chat conversations but they aren’t exactly romantic, and a couple are racy so I’m not sure if I should include those, if does show we have been in contact though. Would the ECO frown if I blocked out the text? I probably have a screenshot from snap chat for every month of our relationship, plus what’s app convos from while I’ve been here. I can also send some Xbox communication, but we have bad quality names on that so don’t know how much weight it will hold other then showing we were in contact, being nerds and talking about dinosaurs. (embarrassing)

You guys are such an amazing group, I am really grateful I stumbled across this site.
They usually don't read the chat.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Boooop
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Fiancé visa, moving back to Canada after sponsorship?

Post by Boooop » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:25 am

Hello, I am applying for a fiancé visa from Canada (me) to UK fiancé. I do have another thread regarding my application as I needed advice regarding 4 weekly pay. My apologies if this should have been posted on that thread.

Our plan is to live in Canada permanently
however due to my fiancé having a previous dui he is criminally inadmissible to Canada and can not apply for rehabilitation until aug 2021. I have spent nearly 6 months with him in Uk, which I now understand is a bad thing as it will likely lead to refusal for future visits, is this correct?

We don’t want to spend the next two years apart.
He is planning to sponsor me, I believe we meet all requirements, however application will be tricky due to 4 weekly pay and the fact our main source of communication is untraceable, however we have lots of pics and some screenshots of convo.

Once he sponsors me, we will apply for flr for 33 months but once he is able to apply for rehabilitation and it is granted (fingers crossed)
We are planning to return to Canada. Am I correct that this is something that shouldn’t be disclosed? We intend to live together permanently, just not in the uk.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

iwolga

Re: Fiancé visa, moving back to Canada after sponsorship?

Post by iwolga » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:35 am

You wil not be asked if you want to live in UK for the rest of your life. I’m fact, nobody knows that and HO doesn’t care.

What is important is that you qualify for the visa. Financial requirements? Accommodation, proof of relationship. I assume you made some arrangements re your future wedding? They need to be shown as well.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:58 am

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Boooop
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by Boooop » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:50 am

Thank you for your response,

He meets income requirements, we are getting a letter from his parents inviting me to stay in family home, and we do have proof of relationship. We are planning on booking a provisional wedding date at city hall before I leave. Neither of us want a big ceremony, just do the ceremony and have a nice meal with family after. My mother will be flying over for wedding but she isn’t going to get a ticket until the visa goes through. HO frown upon small simple weddings? We are both introverts. Would a simple provisional date suffice?

quote=iwolga post_id=1870737 time=1579764907 user_id=224180]
You wil not be asked if you want to live in UK for the rest of your life. I’m fact, nobody knows that and HO doesn’t care.

What is important is that you qualify for the visa. Financial requirements? Accommodation, proof of relationship. I assume you made some arrangements re your future wedding? They need to be shown as well.
[/quote]

Boooop
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Can someone please clarify 28 day financial rule?

Post by Boooop » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:32 am

My fiancé gets paid 4 weekly. We would like to apply for a fiancé visa in the beginning of May.
He gets paid on April 8, however we can not get April’s bank statement until it’s posted on the April 30. Even after it is posted it takes 5-7 days to get official copies from bank and then he needs to post the copies and payslips to me in Canada prior to my application.

The bank statements and employment letter will fall within the 28 day period but his last pay may not be within the 28 days. Is this an issue or non issue?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Can someone please clarify 28 day financial rule?

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:10 am

Boooop wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:32 am
My fiancé gets paid 4 weekly. We would like to apply for a fiancé visa in the beginning of May.
He gets paid on April 8, however we can not get April’s bank statement until it’s posted on the April 30. Even after it is posted it takes 5-7 days to get official copies from bank and then he needs to post the copies and payslips to me in Canada prior to my application.

The bank statements and employment letter will fall within the 28 day period but his last pay may not be within the 28 days. Is this an issue or non issue?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Likewise bank statements & employer letter the latest payslip should also be dated no earlier than 28 days. There is a very easy quick fix which is to apply soon after you get your May wages perhaps around the first week of May (4 weeks pattern) then pop into your local branch who will happily be able to issue the latest bank statement on their official stationary. Also be known that your UK sponsor can visit his local vfs/ukvcas centre to electronically upload & send the supporting documents to visa authorities instead mailing to you.

sohail111

Post by sohail111 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:35 am

Call up your bank and ask them what is the issue date (e.g. when the statements are produced) ignore any delivery times

Then go in branch and ask for them to print you a copy, they should print out copies and stamp them providing they are within the last 3 months only, if older than 3 months you will need to ask for posted copies

Boooop
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by Boooop » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:20 am

We need 6 months of statements, so I’m guessing they would need to be posted electronically.

I’m guessing he will have to upload the documents at a visa station as suggested by Seagle.

Thank you both for your responses

Boooop
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Which amount to do calculation.help!!!

Post by Boooop » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:52 pm

Hello,

I’m trying to do calculation for my fiancé visa. I just can’t figure out which figure to use for the calculation. I understand you use gross, but on this slip there are two figures that have deductions.

One says salary that has some deductions, then below it is total earnings which also has deductions followed by net pay... help! I can’t seem to upload picture of payslip.

Boooop
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Re: Which amount to do calculation.help!!!

Post by Boooop » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:53 pm

Calc is 4 weekly, so I need to use 7 slips.

Boooop
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by Boooop » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:57 pm

Hourly salary =1545
Lateness for word deduction -2.58
Retro late for work deduction -15.45
Pace 3 percent salary sacrifice -45.81
Total earnings = 1481.16
Net pay= 1279.30

So do I use 1545 for calculation or 1481.16?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:09 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:10 pm

You use the £1545.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:43 pm

Be careful as caseworker might even take the net income as these deductions aren't ordinarily exist in most workplaces and also aren't fully explained in official guidance Appendix FM 1.7. Read a pertinent official quote:
Operating principles
3.1. Meeting the financial requirement

"Where the gross (pre-tax) amount of any income cannot be properly evidenced, the net
(post-tax) amount will be counted, including towards a gross income requirement
".

Boooop
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by Boooop » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:02 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:43 pm
Be careful as caseworker might even take the net income as these deductions aren't ordinarily exist in most workplaces and also aren't fully explained in official guidance Appendix FM 1.7. Read a pertinent official quote:
Operating principles

"Where the gross (pre-tax) amount of any income cannot be properly evidenced, the net
".

Well, now I’m terrified!

If I go the calculation using 1545 it adds up to the amount that his contract states he earns. I will use that calculation and keep my fingers and toes crossed . Thank you for the help

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:27 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:43 pm
Operating principles

".
The above is unlikely to be the case where a payslip is submitted. May apply to cash payments cases and/or cases where a payslip cannot be produced.

Gross (pre-tax) amount may well refer to the taxable amount (the amount on which tax is calculated).
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:35 am

£1545. Before any deductions and stop getting worried as you have nothing to be worried.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:56 am

Korekt wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:27 pm

The above is unlikely to be the case where a payslip is submitted. May apply to cash payments cases and/or cases where a payslip cannot be produced.
Gross (pre-tax) amount may well refer to the taxable amount (the amount on which tax is calculated).
Every paye employee including cash income earners receive payslips showing all deductions. As mentioned earlier that there is very limited guidance but based on that it seems that gross income near to UKVI worker would be before the deduction of tax only instead other deductions as well. Because many employers deduct some regular contractual deductions before applying income tax probably in return of any benefit/discount. And if we search few threads then will see that many members faced similar experience where they were contributing towards pension by sacrificing their income but UKVI deduct it from their gross wage. Maybe the op's case is different and his gross wages straightaway be accepted but still will depend on caseworker as the limited guidance available.

Boooop
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Visit UK while application pending???

Post by Boooop » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:26 pm

Hello,

Is it possible to visit my fiancé in the UK while our fiancé visa application is pending? I am Canadian so I do not need a visit Visa. We applied for a fiancé visa in March, I have self uploaded all required documents however I have and still am unable to book a biometric appointment, which is all that remains for my application to move forward.

Can I visit my fiancé in the uk while we are stuck in this limbo? Will I be turned away at the border?

I have until July 23 to provide my biometrics but VACs in Canada and America are still not open, another possibility that I am pondering would be to cancel my application completely, visit my fiancé then return to Canada and reapply once priority comes back. My fiancé is unable to visit me in Canada as he is inadmissible.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Visit UK while application pending???

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:49 am

Hello

You can try to meet in a third country: not Canada, not UK. Try USA or any country convenient for both of you.

Coming to the UK and asking to be admitted as a visitor, may lead to the drop of your other application.

Also, they may refuse to admit you because they could think you are coming to live with your partner and possibly overstay.

Boooop
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

*complicated* marriage on visit visa advice?

Post by Boooop » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:08 pm

Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen, so a non visa national currently visiting my fiace in the uk. We got engaged last year and I returned to Canada to submot a fiance visa application, Then covid happened. I submitted my application in March and quickly realized that my 120 widow to provide biometrics was diminshing. I reached out to the home office via paid email and asked them what to do in this situation and was told that I needed to cancel the application and reapply. Devestated and missing my fiance terribly I booked a plane ticket so we could see each other for a little bit before I returned to Canada to reapply.

Once I was in the UK I was made aware of a concession that allowed for in country switching. I called the home office and they said that I was eligible to apply for an in country switch from visitor to fiance despite my leave not expiring until January. I was skeptical and contacted them 3 times further and was given the same response that I was eligible so I applied.

The provisonal wedding date that we booked prior to covid for our previous application was creeping up so I contacted the Bristol registry office and explained the situation. I was told to come in and give notice of intention to marry. It was explained to me that they would need to infrom the HO of our intention to marry and that if HO chooses not to investigate it we would be free to marry despite being on a visitor visa. We gave notice to marry and included the documents provided in our current application. I then read that I had breached the terms of my visitor visa by giving notice so now I'm worried we will be refused. Given the current climate of the world we just want to get married, not only so we can be together but so we have some legal rights to be together.

I have my doubts about the application that i submitted for a multitude of reasons, firstly I have seen on a lot of threads that the HO hotline is giving people in the same situation conflicting advise. Also I completely screwed up my application and didnt realize it until after I had already submitted my biometrics by selecting unmarried partner instead of single for my relationship status.

As of today I have heard nothing from the home office regarding notice to marry and the only correspondonce I have regarding the visa is their standard covid email stating that they will be unable to process withing normal processing times.

Our wedding date is for September 8.

1) If we arent being investigating what will happen if we just get married? Will it destroy my chances of any future visa apps as it is technically a breach? My fiance is criminally inadmissable to Canada due to a previous dui and can not apply to be deemed rehabilitated for 2 years and we wish to settle permenantly in the UK.

2) Is there any way to correct the mistake in my application after biometrics?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is so stressful, we just want to be together.