ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*complicated* marriage on visit visa advice?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Which amount to do calculation.help!!!

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:09 pm
Topics Merged (click to read)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: *complicated* marriage on visit visa advice?

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:20 pm

As you appear to only recently have come to the UK, there is nothing preventing you from leaving the UK and applying from Canada in the normal way. Btw, no one will be penalised for delays in submitting biometrics, regardless if where you are in the world.

The concession likely does not apply to you as there is no travel restriction to Canada.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

Note that the call centre is outsourced to a third party agent called Sitel. You are not talking to UKVI staff or caseworkers.

VFS centres started reopening in Canada in 17th July already.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/ca/en/news/ ... re-opening
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:26 pm

1) If we arent being investigating what will happen if we just get married? Will it destroy my chances of any future visa apps as it is technically a breach? My fiance is criminally inadmissable to Canada due to a previous dui and can not apply to be deemed rehabilitated for 2 years and we wish to settle permenantly in the UK.
You can only get married once HO has given permission for you to marry. The registry will ask for this evidence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Boooop
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by Boooop » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:54 pm

Thank you for your response.

I agree with you, now there is nothing to stop me from applying in Canada, however at the time of my application which has already been submitted and paid for there were no VACs open in Canada.
Also now that I have already paid for the visa fees, and an extra £250 for the bio appointment I am ineligible for a refund. That was a lot of money to through away on bad advice from the HO, perhaps I can try to get a refund (doubtful)

There is travel restriction to Canada, however it doesn’t apply to citizens or there spouses, another reason why we want to get married, world is nuts and even if he’s inadmissible we would at least have some legal grounds to be together, more so then being engaged at the moment.

I have included email from home office telling me to reapply once things reopen as well as screen shots of the call log and duration from HO telling Me I could apply so maybe I can attempt to get some money back as if I didn’t listen to there advice from the get go (about cancelling first visa, then applying I would probably have it by now, nor be our nearly £3000)

Perhaps it’s best to withdraw my application, forget about the money and wait for HO de idiom regarding the wedding. If they chose not to investigate could I not just get married, return to Canada and apply for spousal visa or is that a horrible idea?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:55 pm

Since the breach has already been committed which is palpable to authorities, and there is no possibility of any refund as you have already submitted your biometric, so I will still wait.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Boooop
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by Boooop » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:34 pm

Thank you for getting back to me.

I just feel like I completely messed everything up while trying to do it the right way, but unintentionally did it the wrong way.

Now that I have breached my visitor visa conditions by giving notice to marry I’m assuming that any future applications will be denied. I’m so upset.

We just want to be together, if the visa is denied (assuming it’s will be) and they don’t investigate the wedding should we just get married then and risk it for a biscuit? A spousal app from Canada, as opposed to a fiancé visa from outside Canada? Does anyone know how serious of an offense it is to get married without proper visa?

I mean if future apps are going to be tainted and rejected by this. Sorry for so many questions, I’m just overwhelmed and don’t have the knowledge on how to over come this.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:36 pm

Boooop wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:54 pm
I have included email from home office telling me to reapply once things reopen as well as screen shots of the call log and duration from HO telling Me I could apply so maybe I can attempt to get some money back as if I didn’t listen to there advice from the get go (about cancelling first visa, then applying I would probably have it by now, nor be our nearly £3000)
If the email you're referring to above is the response from the paid email you mentioned in your earlier post, then it may well be from the 3rd party agent HO has outsourced some of their services to (as already advised). And HO unfortunately never take responsibility for the many incorrect and misleading statements made by these agents.

If they did give the advice to cancel the application you made in Canada, then that's quite unfortunate. It is even more frustrating that they will refuse to take responsibility for it.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Boooop
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by Boooop » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:45 pm

Sadly they did tell me to cancel my application,
I really wish I knew that these advice lines weren’t to be trusted. I am pretty upset that I had to pay for an email that gave me extremely damaging advice. As mentioned I did print out email and include it in my application.

It’s shocking. I feel conned by the Home Office for £3000

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:07 pm

Boooop wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:34 pm
Does anyone know how serious of an offense it is to get married without proper visa?
Other than the marriage notice/permission be frowned upon, there won't be any further consequences during this plaque.
Boooop wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:34 pm
I mean if future apps are going to be tainted and rejected by this. Sorry for so many questions, I’m just overwhelmed and don’t have the knowledge on how to over come this.
Future spouse visa application won't be affected from abroad but highly likely any future entry as a visitor won't be countenanced.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.