ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 YMS visa

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

johnsmit20
Newly Registered
Canada

Tier 5 YMS visa

Post by johnsmit20 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:53 pm

Has anyone had a successful experience applying for the YMS in Europe?

I expressed my concern regarding the 'evidence you're allowed to be in the country you're applying from' to the uk immigration officer, to which she said it would be fine with a passport stamp.

Has anyone been refused or approved while dealing with this?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 5 YMS visa

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:47 pm

The immigration rules say at paragraph 28A(b) that you must be living in the country where you apply, and that this means that:

when [the applicant] was given authority to live in that country or territory he was given authority to live in that country or territory for a period of more than 6 months.

So this would not include someone who was visiting the country.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... -in-the-uk

However the Entry Clearance guidance "ECB05: Where to apply, the policy" is much less strict and says you can apply at

any visa application centre, British diplomatic mission or consular post overseas where entry clearance applications are accepted.

You should be present legally in the country or territory you’re applying from.

We have to assume that this is a concession, because it is not what the immigration rules say.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.