ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Frou01 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:00 pm

Lopand wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:58 pm
Yes, citizenship is a privilege, not a right; but it's a privilege that we paid good money for and invested much of our time and efforts in the process, Therefore now we do have the right to be concerned and frustrated because we're not receiving the timely and effective service that we paid for. That's all.
Totally agree. :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:09 pm

Take it easy guys/girls.

I think you are only wasting your time and energy getting frustrated. What is the frustration about? Not being able to attend the ceremony?

I believe there are bigger issues in the world given the recent covid times. Think about that.

Anyone posting on this thread, has ILR/settled status and citizenship approval. You are free to travel, have all your work rights intact, being frustrated is just making it worse for your own self, no one else.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Raihanul
Mood:

Post by Raihanul » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:47 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:09 pm
Take it easy guys/girls.

I think you are only wasting your time and energy getting frustrated. What is the frustration about? Not being able to attend the ceremony?

I believe there are bigger issues in the world given the recent covid times. Think about that.

Anyone posting on this thread, has ILR/settled status and citizenship approval. You are free to travel, have all your work rights intact, being frustrated is just making it worse for your own self, no one else.
I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES agree with you. We have reasons for frustration. We live in a free country where we have full rights to express ourselves. The fact of the matter is that people are angry with this government. We have bars and shops operating and they can't do a simple 5 minutes ceremony.
This is ridiculous! This is what I call bad service where they don't give a crap about their consumers.

Also, you want personal frustration? I couldn’t get my maintenance loan because of my situation. One of my friends can't travel, get a job because of his circumstances with his remain to leave.

This is NUTTTSSS and there's fair reason to be frustrated. Also, I'm never the guy to stay quiet if I see something wrong happening right in front of me.

Raihanul
Mood:

Post by Raihanul » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:51 pm

Lopand wrote:
Yes, citizenship is a privilege, not a right; but it's a privilege that we paid good money for and invested much of our time and efforts in the process, Therefore now we do have the right to be concerned and frustrated because we're not receiving the timely and effective service that we paid for. That's all.
EXACTLY! Thnak you.

Small

Post by Small » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:31 am

Raihanul wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:51 pm
Lopand wrote:
EXACTLY! Thnak you.
Totally agree. The way HO dealt with wind rush generation, after a long battle one of HO ministers had to resign. Those people born n breaded in UK, paid taxes and even did not know where would be living if deported. That generation were invited by UK to work in different departments. Now HO has got their agenda and no more foreigners needed. That much cruel, corrupt,and cheap minded HO is. No doubt foreigners made this country much better than their own people. Two fingers for HO

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:13 am

This topic will be locked for the next 24 hours to give posters a chance to calm down, gain some perspective, remember and understand the specific purpose of this topic and perhaps take a moment to read the forum rules.

If anyone attempts to open a second topic, it will be removed and the persons access to the forum will be restricted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mohahij
Newly Registered

Post by Mohahij » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:23 am

Good morning everyone

Anyone received ceremony letter yet ?

Good luck for all of us

apostrophe
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by apostrophe » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:42 am

Good morning after the 24h break! :)
I was approved in May, contacted my council yesterday, still no joy.

Parisiana

Post by Parisiana » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:46 am

Can I please ask everyone to add the name of their council when posting an update? Thank you all and good luck with the rest of the process.

Jayrose17
South Africa

Post by Jayrose17 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:53 am

A big Thank you to Cr001.
People behaving badly and attacking the very country that they try to become a citizen of is concerning indeed.
Let sleeping dogs lie.
Approval 4th June.
Still no luck.
Good luck to everyone in getting their ceremony as soon as possible.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:10 am

HI all

Finally got that phone call from the Council that my certificate is received. I know on May 2020 that I have been approved when i asked about an update.never received a decision nor an invitation letter yet . But i have done it and had my ceremony just now 🙂

oxana777
Mood:
Kazakhstan

Post by oxana777 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:16 am

Sous49 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:10 am
HI all

Finally got that phone call from the Council that my certificate is received. I know on May 2020 that I have been approved when i asked about an update.never received a decision nor an invitation letter yet . But i have done it and had my ceremony just now 🙂
Did you have a virtual ceremony or face to face? Congratulations!! Which council is this please?

Cocobana

Post by Cocobana » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:38 am

Hi everyone,
Please let’s keep posts on here light, if you want to rant do it someplace else.
It is a fact that we are all waiting! Enough of the bad attitude display. Let’s all learn the art of gratitude, we have been through worst and still here, some have not been that fortunate, lots of people have died this year and our problem is we can’t be patient?! For a ceremony that will eventually happen!?

Please enough ranting!! Let’s help each other with meaningful updates and positive attitude.
Thank you.

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:47 am

Sous49 wrote:
HI all

Congratulations Sous49! Happy for you that your long wait is finally over! Good luck with the passport application!

Soo123
Pakistan

Post by Soo123 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:54 am

Hi U aziz

Called Hillingdon council they don’t have my certificate yet however they are getting certificates regularly now .

Gonzo14
Newly Registered

Post by Gonzo14 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:56 am

Approved in July via email and still waiting for invitation letter. And my council Barnsley have not received any certificates, this is very frustrating.

Raihanul
Mood:

Post by Raihanul » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:44 am

Just a quick question?

Did you guys have your referes contacted~? I told mine that my application was approved. Any chnace they were contacted after that?

I mean I can ask them myself but, it would be a bit awkward since I told them they already approved my application 3 months ago. Is it possible for HO to contact your referees after your application approval? Though my lawyer said they don't contact your referees for citizenship.

Council: Newham

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:47 am

Raihanul wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:44 am
Just a quick question?

Did you guys have your referes contacted~? I told mine that my application was approved. Any chnace they were contacted after that?

I mean I can ask them myself but, it would be a bit awkward since I told them they already approved my application 3 months ago. Is it possible for HO to contact your referees after your application approval? Though my lawyer said they don't contact your referees for citizenship.

Referees are generally not contacted before approval and wouldn't expect after approval.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Raihanul
Mood:

Post by Raihanul » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:48 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:47 am
Raihanul wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:44 am
Just a quick question?

Referees are generally not contacted before approval and wouldn't expect after approval.
Thank you. Don't know why it popped up in my head as a possibiity of not getting the invitation. Weird thoughts lol. Just gonna be waiting then.

chand92
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by chand92 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:51 am

Date of application: 20/10/2019
Date Bio metrics enrolled: 22/10/2019
Date on Approval letter: 8th of June 2020 but not sure :?:
Date of receipt of approval letter: 11th of June 2020
Date of Approval Email from HO: 20th May 2020 (Decision has been made)
My Council receipt of Certificate: 7th August 2020 or earlier not sure
Did complaint to HO: 29th July, No respond at all
Sent Email to citizenship team & Nationality support team: 22nd June, 29th July, 28th August
(No respond at all)

My MP contact to HO on my behalf: 23rd August
And received this Email today from MP that your invitation letter for citizenship will be generated in coming weeks when current restrictions due to corona virus are eased.

Citizenship ceremony team not booking me for ceremony without invitation letter.
My Council is Bolton.
Any advise or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Raihanul
Mood:

Post by Raihanul » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:57 am

Same here xD. My lawyer said she would sendt them an email or, letter asking for an update last week. Don't know what address she's gonna use but, yeah same boat. My approval via letter on 16th June (dated on the letter). Don't know if she also received any emails afterwards or what not. Maybe she didn't want to repeat the same information twice but, fact of the matter is still waiting like you.

Mohahij
Newly Registered

Post by Mohahij » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:08 am

Hello everyone

Just before 5 minutes I got my ceremony letter by post
My approval letter was dated 29 July
Ceremony letter dated 17 of August

Good luck everyone it is starting to rain ceremonies.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:17 am

oxana777 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:16 am
Sous49 wrote:
HI all

Did you have a virtual ceremony or face to face? Congratulations!! Which council is this please?
Face to face only me no guests. Conwy Council North Wales

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:19 am

nnn15 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:47 am
Sous49 wrote:
HI all

Congratulations Sous49! Happy for you that your long wait is finally over! Good luck with the passport application!
Thank you so much for your kind words congfatulation to you too

All the best

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:23 am

Congratulations to every one who got their certificates, Can any one please confirm will i get any other letter? or the following letter is the one which has approval and Invitation letter both in 1 letter?
I have contacted my council but they are saying they have not recieved my certificate yet.

Do I need to wait for any other letter? following letter is recieved in march 2020

I have contacted the Home office through following email addresses but no response received.

1. FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk,
2. nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk,
3. FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
4. citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk

Citizenship Invitation.jpg
Citizenship Invitation.jpg (257.73 KiB) Viewed 1126 times
Last edited by sunny007 on Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.