ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Wahidwadid

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by Wahidwadid » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:24 am

Mohahij wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:08 am
Hello everyone

Just before 5 minutes I got my ceremony letter by post
My approval letter was dated 29 July
Ceremony letter dated 17 of August

Good luck everyone it is starting to rain ceremonies.
Hi mohahij, Congratulations, U r the luckiest person of thousands here, I m still waiting for my invitation, Got approved in may applied in March, Contacted my mcr council they said they receive some certificate but they are for march and April decision, When did you applied?And what's your council if you don't mind to share?

bppartnerclub
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by bppartnerclub » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:25 am

Mohahij wrote:
Hello everyone

Wooow, so people approved a month ago are getting their invitations but people approved 3 months ago are still waiting... Count yourself super lucky Mohahij!

Wahidwadid

Post by Wahidwadid » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:26 am

Sous49 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:17 am
oxana777 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:16 am
Sous49 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:10 am
HI all

Finally got that phone call from the Council that my certificate is received. I know on May 2020 that I have been approved when i asked about an update.never received a decision nor an invitation letter yet . But i have done it and had my ceremony just now 🙂
Did you have a virtual ceremony or face to face? Congratulations!! Which council is this please?
Face to face only me no guests. Conwy Council North Wales
Hi sous49,When did you apply?If you don't mind to share plz.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:31 am

I just want to thanks admins and everybody for that nice forum. I would go mad if I was in that boat alone, but I was here with all of you updating each other, expressing our frustration but keeping the hope :wink:

Finally after a very very long wait (application: end of January 2020), I received the invitation today. The long wait is approaching the end.Just need to wait for my certificates to reach my council (Checked this morning, did not arrive yet).

Hopefully, it will arrive soon. I will update on the timeline once I will get my certificate.

Good luck everybody 8)

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:32 am

No this is the last letter you will received your council should have your certificate by now as they get certificate before you get invitation letter.

sunny007 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:23 am
Congratulations to every one who got their certificates, Can any one please confirm will i get any other letter? or the following letter is the one which has approval and Invitation letter both in 1 letter?
I have contacted my council but they are saying they have not recieved my certificate yet.

Do I need to wait for any other letter? following letter is recieved in march 2020

I have contacted the Home office through following email addresses but no response received.

1. FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk,
2. nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk,
3. FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
4. citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk

Citizenship Invitation.jpg

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:33 am

rozearo wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:31 am
I just want to thanks admins and everybody for that nice forum. I would go mad if I was in that boat alone, but I was here with all of you updating each other, expressing our frustration but keeping the hope :wink:

Finally after a very very long wait (application: end of January 2020), I received the invitation today. The long wait is approaching the end.Just need to wait for my certificates to reach my council (Checked this morning, did not arrive yet).

Hopefully, it will arrive soon. I will update on the timeline once I will get my certificate.

Good luck everybody 8)
Congratulations, Can you please confirm have you recieved just one letter or 2 separate letters for approval and invitation? I have recieved just 1 letter in which they are mentioning that my applictaion has been approved and now i need to call my council to book my ceremoney, I have pasted my invitatyion letter above, can you please have a look and confirm?
Thanks

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:34 am

Malikg123 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:32 am
No this is the last letter you will received your council should have your certificate by now as they get certificate before you get invitation letter.

sunny007 wrote:
Congratulations to every one who got their certificates, Can any one please confirm will i get any other letter? or the following letter is the one which has approval and Invitation letter both in 1 letter?
I have contacted my council but they are saying they have not recieved my certificate yet.

Do I need to wait for any other letter? following letter is recieved in march 2020

I have contacted the Home office through following email addresses but no response received.

Ok thanks, I have contacted my council many times, but they are still saying they dont have my certificate :(

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:35 am

Congratulations dear.

rozearo wrote:

Good luck everybody 8)

Malikg123

Post by Malikg123 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:35 am

Which council is yours ?
sunny007 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:34 am
Malikg123 wrote:

sunny007 wrote:

Ok thanks, I have contacted my council many times, but they are still saying they dont have my certificate :(

Mohahij
Newly Registered

Post by Mohahij » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:36 am

sunny007 wrote:

That's your invitation letter

voyager1
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by voyager1 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:37 am

I was approved at the start of the year for British Citizenship and now I have finally received an update on my situation from the HO.

I got a message saying that my paperwork and documents were subject to delay owing to the Covid 19 lock down. But that the HO can now confirm that they have printed and despatched my documents/certificate to the Polish British Embassy, which is the place I am due to have my ceremony. However they said that it could take a further 12 weeks to arrive.

My question is that why is there a chance that it could take 12 weeks(3 months) for my documents/certificate to arrive in Warsaw? I mean Poland is not far from the UK, you literally only have to fly past 2 countries in order to get from the UK to Poland.

So why will it potentially take so long for my certificate to reach Poland if they have just been despatched? Or is this just a precautionary measure that they have to write down, just in case some very unexpected delays occur? Is there a big chance that my certificate arrives earlier in say 1 month or 2 months for example?

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:38 am

Malikg123 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:35 am
Which council is yours ?
sunny007 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:34 am
Malikg123 wrote:

sunny007 wrote:

Dm you, check your inbox please.
thanks

Mohahij
Newly Registered

Post by Mohahij » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:40 am

Wahidwadid wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:24 am
Mohahij wrote:
Hello everyone

Hi mohahij, Congratulations, U r the luckiest person of thousands here, I m still waiting for my invitation, Got approved in may applied in March, Contacted my mcr council they said they receive some certificate but they are for march and April decision, When did you applied?And what's your council if you don't mind to share?
Thank you and yes I feel lucky

I applied on 24 of February
Got approved 29 July

Good luck everyone I am sure they start to send and it's depending on how the council can co op with the ceremonies number

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:46 am

Wahidwadid wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:26 am
Sous49 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:17 am
oxana777 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:16 am
Sous49 wrote:
HI all

Finally got that phone call from the Council that my certificate is received. I know on May 2020 that I have been approved when i asked about an update.never received a decision nor an invitation letter yet . But i have done it and had my ceremony just now 🙂
Did you have a virtual ceremony or face to face? Congratulations!! Which council is this please?
Face to face only me no guests. Conwy Council North Wales
Hi sous49,When did you apply?If you don't mind to share plz.
I did apply on the last week of August 2019

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:49 am

sunny007 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:33 am
rozearo wrote:

Good luck everybody 8)
Congratulations, Can you please confirm have you recieved just one letter or 2 separate letters for approval and invitation? I have recieved just 1 letter in which they are mentioning that my applictaion has been approved and now i need to call my council to book my ceremoney, I have pasted my invitatyion letter above, can you please have a look and confirm?
Thanks
Yes, the one you posted is the invitation letter.

You just need to contact your council to book a ceremony if they have received your certificate.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:51 am

Malikg123 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:35 am
Congratulations dear.

rozearo wrote:

Good luck everybody 8)
Good luck for all of us. We still need it for ceremony and Passport application.

Mohahij
Newly Registered

Post by Mohahij » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:00 pm

Ok as an update

Got a phone call from my council and got booked on the 9th of September for a group ceremony of 10 people.

This is a happy day

luckylucky7
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by luckylucky7 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:03 pm

Mohahij wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:00 pm
Ok as an update

Got a phone call from my council and got booked on the 9th of September for a group ceremony of 10 people.

This is a happy day
Congratulations! May I ask which council this is?

Mohahij
Newly Registered

Post by Mohahij » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:05 pm

luckylucky7 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:03 pm
Mohahij wrote:
Ok as an update

This is a happy day
Redbridge council

luckylucky7
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by luckylucky7 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:14 pm

Mohahij wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:05 pm
luckylucky7 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:03 pm
Mohahij wrote:
Ok as an update

This is a happy day
Redbridge council
Thank you and best of luck with everything else

PiDri
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by PiDri » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:48 pm

Hello,

so I received my approval letter (1st letter) in July . It was an attachment to an email.

Can anyone confirm that the 2nd letter (invitation to ceremony) also comes attached to an email ? That would be ideal for me, because after receiving my 1st letter I moved home and could not set up mail redirection (also I don't have anyone at my previous address to collect and redirect mail to me).

The Home Office should have my new address but it seems there is no way to check about that directly with them. Both my previous and current councils have not received any certificate yet.

Any thought?
Thank you

Lopand
Poland

Post by Lopand » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:57 pm

PiDri wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:48 pm
Hello,

so I received my approval letter (1st letter) in July . It was an attachment to an email.

Can anyone confirm that the 2nd letter (invitation to ceremony) also comes attached to an email ? That would be ideal for me, because after receiving my 1st letter I moved home and could not set up mail redirection (also I don't have anyone at my previous address to collect and redirect mail to me).

The Home Office should have my new address but it seems there is no way to check about that directly with them. Both my previous and current councils have not received any certificate yet.

Any thought?
Thank you
It will arrive by post.

beaujam90
- thin ice -

Post by beaujam90 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:18 pm

bppartnerclub wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:25 am
Mohahij wrote:
Hello everyone

'' Wooow, so people approved a month ago are getting their invitations but people approved 3 months ago are still waiting.. '' The HO is notorious for being inefficient.

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:57 pm

Sous49 wrote:
HI all

Hello Sous49,
Congrats bro 👏 so happy for you.
The stress of this journey is over for you.

George7371
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by George7371 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:13 pm

So I emailed the HO advising them it’s been 3 months since I’ve had my approval letter and my local council are currently doing ceremonies so would like to have my documents printed and sent out if possible.

This is the response I got (the main part anyway):

“If you have received confirmation that your application for citizenship has been successful but have not yet received a citizenship ceremony invitation please be assured that a citizenship ceremony invitation will be issued to you by post within the next 8 – 12 weeks. You are required to attend a citizenship ceremony within 6 months of the date printed on your ceremony invitation”