ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2.5 year spouse visa extension requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sr4za
Newly Registered

2.5 year spouse visa extension requirements

Post by sr4za » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:39 pm

Hi there,

My wife's first spouse visa is expiring on 31st October 2020 (she's on the 2.5-year route) and we're starting to prepare for renewal.

Here's the checklist we had received from our solicitor to meet the requirements.

- Last 6-months payslips
- Letter of employment from work
- NI number (both of ours)
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's passport
- Marriage certificate (and translation)
- A2 English test
- P60 statements
- 6-months bank statements
- Passport copy of the homeowner where we live (i.e. parents)
- Mortgage agreement of the property we're living in

Are we missing anything important from the above list?

Things we've got sorted

- Last 6-months payslips
- Letter of employment from work
- NI number (both of ours)
- Child's birth certificate
- Marriage certificate (and translation)
- A2 English test
- P60 statements

Questions on the below / not yet sorted

Child's passport

What's the fastest way we can get this done since COVID-19 has changed things and how soon can they provide a passport? Child is born in the UK by the way and we'll be applying for the UK passport.

6-months bank statements

My wife doesn't have a bank account and the earnings are going into my personal bank account – I have a Lloyds Bank Classic Account, not joint or anything.

She was employed by the same company as myself a year or so ago.

We receive a single payment at the end of the month, which is a total of my payslip + my wife's payslip.

Is this going to work as proof or do we still need to open a bank accout?

Really concerned about this since some banks like Lloyds aren't allowing her to open an account due to her visa expiring soon!

Passport copy of the homeowner where we live (i.e. parents) and mortgage agreement of the property we're living in

Will we need printed copy or original documents?

Fees

What are we looking at for the fees on this?

Any advice at this point will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 2.5 year spouse visa extension requirements

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:29 am

You also need evidence in both your names of two years cohabitation. It must be from 3 to 6 different sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months.

P60s are NOT required.

Child British passport questions are not relevant to this topic or sub forum.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:21 am

sr4za wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:39 pm

She was employed by the same company as myself a year or so ago.

We receive a single payment at the end of the month, which is a total of my payslip + my wife's payslip.

Is that a family business, if so then a lot more paper work will be needed. Because most often the wages is never paid into another person's account even a close family member.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:33 pm

Does the OP really need the A2 English certificate, since they expire after a period of time? But since this was used to get the spouse visa in the first place, surely the HO do not require proof that she has forgotten how to speak English, since she would have been using it daily, and for work?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:18 pm

THO wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:33 pm
Does the OP really need the A2 English certificate, since they expire after a period of time? But since this was used to get the spouse visa in the first place, surely the HO do not require proof that she has forgotten how to speak English, since she would have been using it daily, and for work?
A1 is required for the initial spouse visa. A2 for an extension application. It is a requirment to submit proof of English at the relevant level with each application made.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:07 pm

A2 test can't be done from abroad and most probably op have passed or planning for within the UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sr4za
Newly Registered

Post by sr4za » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:41 pm

Regarding A2 English test, my wife has passed her test in October 2019.

Regarding the bank statements, the reason why they've been going into my account is because I helped my wife get a job at the company I work for (it's not a family business nor a relative but an actual employer that I've been with for 7+ years) and at the time my wife didn't have a bank account.

Long story short, she tried applying multiple times and the bank would keep asking for her to have a utility bill in her name as proof, which she couldn't do because the landlord was paying the bills not her.

In the end, I decided to have the payments go into my account and she agreed that would work.

The solution we potentially have is to convert my personal classic account into a joint account and then get 6 months bank statements printed once this is done, would this work to submit as proof?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:49 pm

sr4za wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:41 pm

Long story short, she tried applying multiple times and the bank would keep asking for her to have a utility bill in her name as proof, which she couldn't do because the landlord was paying the bills not her.
You could have applied her provisional driving licence for this purpose
sr4za wrote:
In the end, I decided to have the payments go into my account and she agreed that would work.

The solution we potentially have is to convert my personal classic account into a joint account and then get 6 months bank statements printed once this is done, would this work to submit as proof?
Yes fine.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:50 pm

sr4za wrote:
Regarding A2 English test, my wife has passed her test in October 2019.

Regarding the bank statements, the reason why they've been going into my account is because I helped my wife get a job at the company I work for (it's not a family business nor a relative but an actual employer that I've been with for 7+ years) and at the time my wife didn't have a bank account.

The solution we potentially have is to convert my personal classic account into a joint account and then get 6 months bank statements printed once this is done, would this work to submit as proof? Before doing so and to ensure it meets the purpose desired, clarify from the bank if both your names will start appearing of the statements retroactively or will only take effect i.e. both names showing on account statement printout only from the day it is upgraded into a joint account.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:17 pm

The statements derived from above mentioned stratagem might not work for cohabitation purpose but will flawlessly work for meeting the financial requirement. Because only the first page of bank statements need to have the key information such as name, address & all other information while the rest can be comprised on only 6 months of transactions.