ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Thambi

Post by Thambi » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:40 pm

If your case is straight forward then I would assume its positive sign. Is it a complicated case ?
grant1 wrote:Hello Guys,

I am little bit concerned now as i have completed 12Weeks this weekend ( 11, If we calculate the time from the payment deduction Date as i paid by Chq ). Is it normal, why its taking sooo long??

Any advice will be extremely Helpful.

Thanks

Grant :D

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:44 pm

Actually not, its pretty straight forward.........

Hope i will get it, may be god is just testing the patience.

Lets see wht happens. Thanks for the reassuring words thaugh.

Regards

:)
Thambi wrote:If your case is straight forward then I would assume its positive sign. Is it a complicated case ?
grant1 wrote:Hello Guys,

I am little bit concerned now as i have completed 11Weeks ( 10, If we calculate the time from the payment deduction Date as i paid by Chq ). Is it normal, why its taking sooo long??

Any advice will be extremely Helpful.

Thanks

Grant :D

omoge
Newly Registered

Post by omoge » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:05 pm

vipul1981 wrote:My friend email HO reg timelines and they said they r processing application recd till 27th July. I was quite surprised when I personally saw that email. And in one of the other forums I heard the same. I think from July no of applications must have gone down
IF I AM RIGHT YOU SAID 27 JULY , I THOUGHT IT WAS JUNE 30 THAT ARE TREATING

rock_star

timelines for urgent treatment

Post by rock_star » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:15 pm

vipul1981/All,

I want to apply for Tier 1-general, switching from WP to Tier-1, with urgent treatment. What is the process for that. The reason is that I am getting married in November-first week, in India. I will show the proof as confirmed tickets.

It will be great if anyone get back to me.

hop4best
Newly Registered

Post by hop4best » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:15 pm

[quote="vipul1981"]My friend email HO reg timelines and they said they r processing application recd till 27th July. I was quite surprised when I personally saw that email. And in one of the other forums I heard the same. I think from July no of applications must have gone down[/quote]

I have no intention to challenge but are you sure this is authentic information? As in the comments posted in last 4-5 days people have received response from HO that application till 30th Jun are being processed currently

JP-2
Newly Registered

Post by JP-2 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:02 pm

Hi All,

I have received my documents today with the Tier-1 approved and valid till August 2011. Here are the timelines:

WP-->Tier-1
Applied: 7th July
Payment deducted: 8th July
Ref No. received: 10th July
Approved Date: 15th Aug
Document received: 30th Aug
No Urgent Treatment

Thanks to all members of this forum for their valuable advices and feedback and I wish good luck to all members awaiting their result. Please let me know if you need any additional details or help with queries in this regard..

Thambi

Post by Thambi » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:50 pm

Congrats have fun&party, looks straight fwd case stack is being cleared fast and I am behind like grant now.
Even though applied on July 1st, my case is not straight fwd, Indian salary(Tax returns) + UK allowance and applied on July 1st, does anyone know if there could be delay for Indian salary verification for In-country application.

Anyway I don't mind 1-2 weeks delay for my genuine case verification as the CW is doing his/her duty.
JP-2 wrote:Hi All,

I have received my documents today with the Tier-1 approved and valid till August 2011. Here are the timelines:

WP-->Tier-1
Applied: 7th July
Payment deducted: 8th July
Ref No. received: 10th July
No Urgent Treatment

Thanks to all members of this forum for their valuable advices and feedback and I wish good luck to all members awaiting their result. Please let me know if you need any additional details or help with queries in this regard..

ps_23

Post by ps_23 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:35 am

Hi All,

Its my day !!! finally !!!

here are my timelines

Applied : 05th June
Ref Letter : 06th June
Urgent Treatment :07th August
Docs Recvd: Aug 30th (Visa valid 3 years )

The part that puzzles me is that the approval letter is dated 24th July and I got my docs back on Aug 30.

All this time CC kept telling me , it is still under consideration.

Well , in my experience if your case is getting delayed , then it is most likely that they are processing it.

This forum is great and is very helpful. Lets keep up the good work guys.

If anybody needs any other info., let me know.

Regards,

Tier1_Queries

Congrats to guys who received docs over this week end...

Post by Tier1_Queries » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:47 pm

I understand ps_23 had a long wait - Congrats mate. What reason did you give for your Urgent Treatment. Can we have
the reasons please?

Congrats to JP-2. You broke all the records :) of having less waiting time after your application. Did you request any UT? Your waiting time was just 8 weeks.

Application Status as of 31 August - Sunday

engi_guy applied 15th May

pcmalik Applied 04thJune

ps_23 Applied 05th June
Urgent Treatment :07th August
Docs Recvd: Aug 30th

veereshkb Applied - 09th June

xvid2006 Applied 10th June.
Additional Documents sent on : 08th August
Urgent Treatment Requested

sandeepahlawat2001 Applied 12th june.
Documents Received : 19th August

arunkumarprs Applied 14th June
Approved: 19th August
Docs Received :20 August

Grant1 15th june
Lost his patience.. But anytime to say hurrah...:lol:

Tier1applicant 16th june (Applied through Agent)
Send UT Request on 18th August
Documents Received: 27th August

Meemee Applied: 18 June - IGS to Tier1
Urgent treatment fax 14/08/2008
Documents Received: 21/08

dominiprabhu Applied: 18th June
Reason: Agent put net salary instead of Gross earnings

banner Applied 19th June Still awaiting

spkr Applied 19th June
Documents Recieved: 28th August

Darksun Applied 20th June

bgmdude Applied 26th June

sajidme - Applied - 30th of June
UT Requested on 18th of June ( Reason : Travelling Abroad)
Documents Received - 26th of August

Thambi Applied 1st July - Ref no - PB310****

JP-2 Applied 7th July

hop4best Applied 23rd July

vinod_p Applied 31st July
Urgent treatment request fax sent on 14th Aug (Medical Reasons)
Documents received on 20th Aug

Vipul friend applied 6th August 2008

Maybe Applied on 8th August 2008 ( From a different Thread)

Jay77 Applied 11th August 2008

Tier1_Queries Applied 11th August 2008

ps_23

Post by ps_23 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:49 am

Hi tier 1,

Thanks. I mentioned business travel in the UT.

Regards,

JP-2
Newly Registered

Post by JP-2 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:37 am

no, i have not sent any UT. Looks like the lag between application date and allocation to CW has decreased..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:42 am

JP-2 wrote:no, i have not sent any UT. Looks like the lag between application date and allocation to CW has decreased..

well, acc. to CC this link has nothing to do with Tier-1 and its strictly applicable to WP only.
Last edited by grant1 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

grant1
Member of Standing

Re: Congrats to guys who received docs over this week end...

Post by grant1 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 am

Hi Tier1_Queries,

Thanks for making an effort and creating and updating the list. Hope ur word come true soon and i will say hurrah......

This wait is quite painful as i have just completed 11 weeks (10, from payment deduction date)

Regards

JP-2
Newly Registered

Post by JP-2 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:26 am

grant1 wrote:
JP-2 wrote:no, i have not sent any UT. Looks like the lag between application date and allocation to CW has decreased..

well, acc. to CC this link has nothing to do with Tier-1 and its strictly applicable to WP only.
please check the details in that page.

Straightforward applications (including tier 1) received between 12 August 2008 and 18 August 2008. Other applications received between 12 July 2008 and 18 July 2008.

When I called the CC sometime back, they told Straightforward applications means only WP applications. But they said "Other applications received between 12 July 2008 and 18 July 2008." which includes Tier-1.

Tier1_Queries

Any Proofs required to be submitted for UT Request?

Post by Tier1_Queries » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:01 am

Did you provided any proof for your statement, to make your UT case
strong?

ps_23 wrote:Hi tier 1,

Thanks. I mentioned business travel in the UT.

Regards,

ps_23

Re: Any Proofs required to be submitted for UT Request?

Post by ps_23 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:52 am

I had to send 3 UT' and they recvd 1/3. Whenever you fax a UT , you to have call HO and verify if they have recvd it.

I did not submit any proof.

[

quote="Tier1_Queries"]Did you provided any proof for your statement, to make your UT case
strong?

sojan

Post by sojan » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:58 am

vipul1981 wrote:My friend email HO reg timelines and they said they r processing application recd till 27th July. I was quite surprised when I personally saw that email. And in one of the other forums I heard the same. I think from July no of applications must have gone down
from July 1 onwards, they have Tier1 for all countries. May be the pool of CW's increased and it may be moving fast.?

hsmp.india
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp.india » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:34 pm

I GOT MY DOCUMENT GOT BACK TODAY THEY APPROVE IT TILL 2011 BUT THEY NOT STAMP MY PASSPORT WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY INFORM ME MAY BE CW MADE MISTAKE SO PLZ SEND APPROVEL LETTER AND U R PASSPORT FR STAMPING

WHAT A NICE THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:22 pm

ps_23 wht date is your visa stamped ( not the approval date on letter the actual stamp date) ?? is it 24/07 ??

just trying to understand the timelines ......

regards
ps_23 wrote:I had to send 3 UT' and they recvd 1/3. Whenever you fax a UT , you to have call HO and verify if they have recvd it.

[

quote="Tier1_Queries"]Did you provided any proof for your statement, to make your UT case
strong?

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:46 pm

contrary to what i wrote couple of days ago reg the processing times, i have read on some other forum that HO are processing applic recd till 17th july, which does sound reasonably true.

ps_23

Post by ps_23 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:13 pm

Hey grant,

Visa stamped is 23 August

Approval Letter : 24 th July

Good Luck.

grant1 wrote:ps_23 wht date is your visa stamped ( not the approval date on letter the actual stamp date) ?? is it 24/07 ??

regards
ps_23 wrote:I had to send 3 UT' and they recvd 1/3. Whenever you fax a UT , you to have call HO and verify if they have recvd it.

[

strong?

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:27 pm

My godness! it took 1 month just to get the passport stamped and that too after you have sent in an UT :(

BTW thanks for your answer, appreciate it. I guess there is no choice, we have to be more paitent. no point calling CC (it just confuses u even more)

Regards
Keeping the faith :)
ps_23 wrote:Hey grant,

Good Luck.
[/quote="grant1"]ps_23 wht date is your visa stamped ( not the approval date on letter the actual stamp date) ?? is it 24/07 ??

regards

Tier1_Queries wrote:Did you provided any proof for your statement, to make your UT case
strong?

Need_UK_Help
Newly Registered

need help regarding source of funds....:(

Post by Need_UK_Help » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:06 am

Hi forum,

I wish to apply in the first week of Oct 08. I have a query regarding source of maintenance funds

I)
I had a FD from Bank of Maharashtra of amount 1 lac. I did not want to dissolve it, so i gave it to my sister and took a check of that amount from her. My sis has an account in Bank of maharashtra, and she gave me a check from her Bank of Maharashtra account.

Now my account statement shows that transaction as "BOM 999999" , where 99999 is the check number. I will have to provide source of fund for this transaction... what should i do? My sis is having the FD (in my name).

Please please please help.... Im worried. Actually, i have already been maintaining the desired since 2 months now.. so dont want to rollback.... and wait again...

II)
my account has a 40k transaction, which i transfered from my other account(citi to icici). I had deposited this amount by cash in my citi bank account, and then transfered to ICICI. Now my questions is, is just showing my Citi Bank account enough as a source of fund? Actually, those 40k were my cash savings..

III)
My maintainance fund account (ICICI) has a 60k cash deposit transaction. This amount is also my cash saving, i had collected over a period of time... What should i provide for the source for this funds?

Many thanks in advance.. Please please please help me out. I am sure, there are senior members here in the forum, who can help me....

ps_23

Post by ps_23 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:12 am

Mo worries. Well for some reason my case was delayed.

You are right , calling CC adds to the confusion as till AUgust 28th these guys tolds it is still with CW. The system doesnt get updated that often.

Hope this Helps.

grant1 wrote:My godness! it took 1 month just to get the passport stamped and that too after you have sent in an UT :(

BTW thanks for your answer, appreciate it. I guess there is no choice, we have to be more paitent. no point calling CC (it just confuses u even more)

Regards
Keeping the faith :)
ps_23 wrote:Hey grant,

Good Luck.
[/quote="grant1"]ps_23 wht date is your visa stamped ( not the approval date on letter the actual stamp date) ?? is it 24/07 ??

regards

Tier1_Queries wrote:Did you provided any proof for your statement, to make your UT case
strong?

darksun

Post by darksun » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:06 am

It's my time to share good news I guess..

I received my documents back today. Although I haven't seen them, my housemate read it for me. It's approved.

WP to Tier 1 from UK
Applied: 19-06-2008
Received: 20-06-2008 (exempt from fee)
Approval date: 06-08-2008
Documents Received: 02-09-2008

It took apprx 10.5 weeks. When I called on friday 29th August I've been told it's still with us by CC. But I received the documents today. As soon as I go home and check the docs, I will update with additional info...

My humble observation is if it takes long time, it arrives approved. Don't be bothered with people who got it before/after you who applied before/after you. I don't think there is a logic behind. It's totally random I guess... It's easy to say but hard to act I know... Until last week I was so worried and tired because of worrying, I couldnt worry anymore...

All the best to everyone waiting, my prayings are with them....

This forum is amazing, I will keep checking it, I won't leave totally..