ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:45 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:39 pm
After a lot of gloomy days, sun is starting to shine suddenly! Good luck to all. Hope you all get speedy decisions.
Yes the backlog for biometrics has almost subsided now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:02 pm

poper wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:57 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:35 pm
shahkb wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:33 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:30 pm

Hi shahkb,

Is there any update brother? I have received email today. They are working on IDV applications.
I lierally just saw your timeline and posted you a response. I am still waiting for my decision !
Surely you will get your anytime soon...
@abhardwaj1390,
Are you the first applicant(that we know of) to have received ILR through IDV app submission? Thats what your timeline suggests :o
I guess so bro...

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:01 pm
@abhardwaj1390

Congrats 😀
Thank you Cullinan. For all your support.

By the way application was for my wife. All done and dusted.

I express my warm gratitude to this forum and all moderators speacially Cullinan, Cr001, Zimba and all other names who given and giving their valuable time to help people.

Good luck everyone. My observation is next week alot of application (IDV) approvals so please hang in there.

Afterall "Patience is virtue" took me nearly 5 months.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:11 pm

All’s well that ends well. Good luck for your future.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:15 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:11 pm
All’s well that ends well. Good luck for your future.
Thank you.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:24 pm

Google playstore shows 10K+ downloads till now. We can roughly estimate the number of IDV users if we know number of apple downloads.

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:33 pm

Snapshot of approval letter (IDV application) attached with email

I pray for all and you get yours soon too
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (65.46 KiB) Viewed 1828 times

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:49 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:33 pm

Do you see case worker's name in the letter? Thanks.

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:51 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:

Thank you bro. Good luck ! 😊

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:51 pm

asap8 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:49 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:

Yes.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:52 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:51 pm
asap8 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:49 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:

Yes.
Thanks.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:21 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:08 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:01 pm
@abhardwaj1390

Congrats 😀
Thank you Cullinan. For all your support.

By the way application was for my wife. All done and dusted.

I express my warm gratitude to this forum and all moderators speacially Cullinan, Cr001, Zimba and all other names who given and giving their valuable time to help people.

Good luck everyone. My observation is next week alot of application (IDV) approvals so please hang in there.

Congratulations!

Sorry but did you mention when you submitted your biometrics on the IDV app and when you received the approval? I can't find it anywhere in your previous quoted threads. How long from submitting to approval?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:00 pm

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:21 pm
Congratulations!

Sorry but did you mention when you submitted your biometrics on the IDV app and when you received the approval? I can't find it anywhere in your previous quoted threads. How long from submitting to approval?
User Abhardwaj1390 submitted biometrics via IDV app on 23 August 2020 and received an approval on 4 Sep 2020.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:31 pm

asap8 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:24 pm
Google playstore shows 10K+ downloads till now. We can roughly estimate the number of IDV users if we know number of apple downloads.
Google downloads stats next level is 50K+ so the downloads are between 10 and 50K basically. So this estimate will not mean much.
Had the next level been 20K+ then the estimate would be closer.

maximus111
Newly Registered

Post by maximus111 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:40 am

Hello, I have been reading on this forum for few months now and it’s a brilliant one. Apologies if it’s not the right forum to ask this question.
I applied for FLR(M) in April. Received email from the case worker sometime in May for documents which my solicitor sent within couple of days. Received IDV invite last week. Submitted mine and wife’s passport and BRP on IDV with declaration forms(which now I think was a wrong decision, should’ve booked appointment) Just by reading the posts from other people it seems people have submitted on UKVCAS even though they had sent supporting documents via email to the case worker. My question is, was that an error on my part by not submitting documents on UKVCAS, if it was then should I book an appointment with UKVCAS and submit all the supporting documents. Thank you

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:04 am

maximus111 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:40 am
Hello, I have been reading on this forum for few months now and it’s a brilliant one. Apologies if it’s not the right forum to ask this question.
I applied for FLR(M) in April. Received email from the case worker sometime in May for documents which my solicitor sent within couple of days. Received IDV invite last week. Submitted mine and wife’s passport and BRP on IDV with declaration forms(which now I think was a wrong decision, should’ve booked appointment) Just by reading the posts from other people it seems people have submitted on UKVCAS even though they had sent supporting documents via email to the case worker. My question is, was that an error on my part by not submitting documents on UKVCAS, if it was then should I book an appointment with UKVCAS and submit all the supporting documents. Thank you
Uploading on UKVCAS website would have been ideal. However, if caseworker is satisfied with the documents you sent directly, then may be you will be okay. If not, you should receive additional document request from case worker.

jamd12

Post by jamd12 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:43 am

Hi All,

Finally received last night an invite to use app, and granted access. I applied 29th July via solicitor!

However, I decided to book an appointment instead, and found one on Monday 7th at Lansdowne, Croydon. It was the location with the most availability. Availability every day next week.

But, I wanted to know- should I also submit my picture via the app? As I read on the previous replies that some people did both- submitted pic and booked appointment in person.

Should I do both to be safe? What do you all recommend I do?

Appreciate the response!!

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:45 am

jamd12 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:43 am
Hi All,

Finally received last night an invite to use app, and granted access. I applied 29th July via solicitor!

However, I decided to book an appointment instead, and found one on Monday 7th at Lansdowne, Croydon. It was the location with the most availability. Availability every day next week.

But, I wanted to know- should I also submit my picture via the app? As I read on the previous replies that some people did both- submitted pic and booked appointment in person.

DO NOT do both

ANS1

Post by ANS1 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:59 am

This is my very first post after following this amazing thread for a while. Considering our route is FLR M app I haven't posted till date but now feeling very anxious so apologies in advance.

My husband submitted back on July 21 with docs uploaded and submitted a couple of days later fully. We still do not have idv access, just wondering if anyone is left waiting??

We are about to lose our house purchase because of his expired BRP and the wait is just agonising. The UKVCAS team have been really lovely on the phone each time we spoke to them but insist there is no benefit at all going for an appointment if you have idv access.

The home office team members I've spoken to have been quite rude, just didn't seem to care or know what's going on and have just refused to help. I guess it depends on who you speak to but we're just praying for a miracle now.

This forum really has helped me through these tough days and esp Cullinan has been exceptional. May be my post will be of some reassurance to those still waiting like me.

jamd12

Post by jamd12 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:01 am

iamawonder wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:45 am
jamd12 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:43 am
Hi All,

DO NOT do both

Ok thank you iamawonder.

So I should just not touch the app whatsoever and proceed as a normal appointment?

Whizart

Post by Whizart » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:09 am

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:02 pm
poper wrote:
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
shahkb wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:33 pm

I lierally just saw your timeline and posted you a response. I am still waiting for my decision !
@abhardwaj1390,
Are you the first applicant(that we know of) to have received ILR through IDV app submission? Thats what your timeline suggests :o
I guess so bro...
Congratulations bro!

zizcoul
Newly Registered

Post by zizcoul » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:14 am

Hi All, it's been a long time I haven't posted on this forum. I would like to share my timeline. I am applying for ILR (LR).

Application date: 20 August 2020
Biometrics reuse email: 3 September 2020
Invitation to use the app: 5 September 2020

I am surprised to see how fast it is going. Between the application date and the biometrics submission only 2 weeks.

I will keep you updated when I get a decision

strong_and_stable

Post by strong_and_stable » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:14 am

ANS1 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:59 am
This is my very first post after following this amazing thread for a while. Considering our route is FLR M app I haven't posted till date but now feeling very anxious so apologies in advance.

My husband submitted back on July 21 with docs uploaded and submitted a couple of days later fully. We still do not have idv access, just wondering if anyone is left waiting??

We are about to lose our house purchase because of his expired BRP and the wait is just agonising. The UKVCAS team have been really lovely on the phone each time we spoke to them but insist there is no benefit at all going for an appointment if you have idv access.

The home office team members I've spoken to have been quite rude, just didn't seem to care or know what's going on and have just refused to help. I guess it depends on who you speak to but we're just praying for a miracle now.

This forum really has helped me through these tough days and esp Cullinan has been exceptional. May be my post will be of some reassurance to those still waiting like me.
It's possible that you were affected by this issue acknowledged by UKVCAS on Thursday night. Hopefully you will have your invite soon.
UKVCAS wrote: It’s taken us a little longer to prepare the IDV app for Group applicants which meant that some cases were delayed, but this has now been resolved.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:26 am

Whizart wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:09 am
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:02 pm
poper wrote:
abhardwaj1390 wrote:

@abhardwaj1390,
I guess so bro...
Congratulations bro!
Thank you.

ANS1

Post by ANS1 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:39 am

strong_and_stable wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:14 am
ANS1 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:59 am

It's possible that you were affected by this issue acknowledged by UKVCAS on Thursday night. Hopefully you will have your invite soon.
UKVCAS wrote: It’s taken us a little longer to prepare the IDV app for Group applicants which meant that some cases were delayed, but this has now been resolved.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Thanks for your reply. Sorry I wasn't very clear, my husband is the only applicant (spouse visa). Therefore, not even in the affected group category.