ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Desiro
Belarus

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Desiro » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:39 am

zizcoul wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:14 am
Hi All, it's been a long time I haven't posted on this forum. I would like to share my timeline. I am applying for ILR (LR).

Application date: 20 August 2020
Biometrics reuse email: 3 September 2020
Invitation to use the app: 5 September 2020

I am surprised to see how fast it is going. Between the application date and the biometrics submission only 2 weeks.

I will keep you updated when I get a decision
Indeed, it is surprising how much this application depends on luck. I'm june applicant, still not able to use idv app, nor can I book an appointment.

AugApp
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by AugApp » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:40 am

Hello,

Is there anyone who Early August applicants wait for Invitation? My application date is 5 Aug and SET(O), Tier 2 route, sole applicant. No invitation so far..
I'm starting to get worried because It looks Late August applicants were invited..

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:48 am

AugApp wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:40 am
Hello,

Is there anyone who Early August applicants wait for Invitation? My application date is 5 Aug and SET(O), Tier 2 route, sole applicant. No invitation so far..
I'm starting to get worried because It looks Late August applicants were invited..
There are April-June applicants with no option to use idv app yet and you start to get worried although you applied just one month ago

atao
Newly Registered

Post by atao » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:14 pm

Desiro wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:48 am
AugApp wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:40 am
Hello,

There are April-June applicants with no option to use idv app yet and you start to get worried although you applied just one month ago
are we playing who has the greatest pain game? well I am sure there are people who applied before even April and still waiting, so the April applicants should remain silent as well? there is no scale to pain, every pain individuals face here is significant, stop trying to BELITTLE people's suffering! most people applied late because they were waiting for the super priority and they had time left on their current visa but it doesn't necessarily mean that they started waiting only after the time they applied! people regardless of when they applied has suffered losses! they lost a job, a chance to see their loved ones, new opportunities, mortgage.

so please respect everyone on this forum who had their own share of suffering along the process!

good luck everyone

chace0018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by chace0018 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:17 pm

Applied in mid Aug, was finally able to log in the app this morning but decided to book an appointment in the Lansdowne center next monday 7th for £121.5. The invite email for the app came after i booked my appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:22 pm

Please do not start blame gaming here. Its best to leave this topic for biometrics discussion ONLY and NOT to discuss rant/emotions/blame games etc.

It is very clear the most affected are applicants from March-May. Have some sympathy for them. The backlog seems to have almost subsided now. Good for the new applicants.

All new applicants should stay patient. The UKVI standard processing timeline is 6 months. Please be patient.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

goodluckeveryone
Newly Registered

Post by goodluckeveryone » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:24 pm

Hi all, application date 11 Aug set M, no invitation email yet, but login to UKVCAS and found appointment opened up. Booked for Lansdowne 8 Sep. All the best to everyone.

strong_and_stable

Post by strong_and_stable » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:31 pm

ANS1 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:39 am
strong_and_stable wrote:
ANS1 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:59 am
This is my very first post after following this amazing thread for a while. Considering our route is FLR M app I haven't posted till date but now feeling very anxious so apologies in advance.

My husband submitted back on July 21 with docs uploaded and submitted a couple of days later fully. We still do not have idv access, just wondering if anyone is left waiting??

We are about to lose our house purchase because of his expired BRP and the wait is just agonising. The UKVCAS team have been really lovely on the phone each time we spoke to them but insist there is no benefit at all going for an appointment if you have idv access.

The home office team members I've spoken to have been quite rude, just didn't seem to care or know what's going on and have just refused to help. I guess it depends on who you speak to but we're just praying for a miracle now.

This forum really has helped me through these tough days and esp Cullinan has been exceptional. May be my post will be of some reassurance to those still waiting like me.
It's possible that you were affected by this issue acknowledged by UKVCAS on Thursday night. Hopefully you will have your invite soon.
UKVCAS wrote: It’s taken us a little longer to prepare the IDV app for Group applicants which meant that some cases were delayed, but this has now been resolved.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Thanks for your reply. Sorry I wasn't very clear, my husband is the only applicant (spouse visa). Therefore, not even in the affected group category.
My mistake. Didn't catch the "FLRM" bit. Must be stressful knowing that technically you aren't supposed to expect an invite before 7 Sep, but clearly people well in to August are now getting access.
If you don't get your invite Monday, get on to that "UKVACS" email mentioned in a previous post https://www.immigrationboards.com/post1 ... s#p1930507 straight away

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by klownking » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:38 pm

I have just submitted my biometrics via IDV app. Let's hope for the best.

ANS1

Post by ANS1 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:32 pm

strong_and_stable wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:31 pm
ANS1 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:39 am
strong_and_stable wrote:
ANS1 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:59 am
This is my very first post after following this amazing thread for a while. Considering our route is FLR M app I haven't posted till date but now feeling very anxious so apologies in advance.

My husband submitted back on July 21 with docs uploaded and submitted a couple of days later fully. We still do not have idv access, just wondering if anyone is left waiting??

We are about to lose our house purchase because of his expired BRP and the wait is just agonising. The UKVCAS team have been really lovely on the phone each time we spoke to them but insist there is no benefit at all going for an appointment if you have idv access.

The home office team members I've spoken to have been quite rude, just didn't seem to care or know what's going on and have just refused to help. I guess it depends on who you speak to but we're just praying for a miracle now.

This forum really has helped me through these tough days and esp Cullinan has been exceptional. May be my post will be of some reassurance to those still waiting like me.
It's possible that you were affected by this issue acknowledged by UKVCAS on Thursday night. Hopefully you will have your invite soon.
UKVCAS wrote: It’s taken us a little longer to prepare the IDV app for Group applicants which meant that some cases were delayed, but this has now been resolved.
Thanks for your reply. Sorry I wasn't very clear, my husband is the only applicant (spouse visa). Therefore, not even in the affected group category.
My mistake. Didn't catch the "FLRM" bit. Must be stressful knowing that technically you aren't supposed to expect an invite before 7 Sep, but clearly people well in to August are now getting access.
If you don't get your invite Monday, get on to that "UKVACS" email mentioned in a previous post https://www.immigrationboards.com/post1 ... s#p1930507 straight away
Thank you strong and stable, appreciate you taking your time out to reply. I hope it won't come to that but I will send an email if still waiting by then. I'm assuming the 7 Sep deadline is inclusive of the 7th so will have to wait until the end of day Monday before emailing.

Yes that's exactly it, it's even more stressful for those of us still waiting knowing they have moved in to August, even more so for the April to June applicants I should add. My thinking now is that it probably all depends on the case worker/team that is assigned to you and how quick they are. One thing we can conclude is that they are definately not working in date order. Some clarity on this from their end would really help ease our worries.

For now my day will just continue to involve logging in to the app to be faced with that awful error message, each time someone on this thread manages to get access! :cry:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:36 pm

@ANS1
Some clarity on this from their end would really help ease our worries.
It’s taken us a little longer to prepare the IDV app for Group applicants which meant that some cases were delayed, but this has now been resolved.
By 7 September 2020 for IDV customers who have registered with UKVI and UKVCAS up to 31 July 2020.
I know other solo applicants have been affected also. But hopefully, you will hear before 7th Sep.

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:49 pm

@ANS1

Hopefully you will receive an invite by 7th Sep. Keep checking your email including junk emails. Also, keep trying logging in IDV app and check access to booking system on UKVCAS website. I know it’s stressful but hang in there. Soon you shall be successful.

Worst case scenario, if you do not get access by 7th Sep, try to email:

UKVACS@homeoffice.gov.uk (its UKVACS yes) [applicants up to 31st July]

In the body of your email, include: name of applicant and UAN (Unique Application Number).

Also,
Try to DM UKVCAS twitter handle too after 7th Sep if needed.

ak1102
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by ak1102 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Applied for ILR (Tier 2 General, 5 years) on the 20th of Aug, got email confirming eligibility for IDV on the 2nd of Sep, got an email with invite today - decided to book an appointment for the 10th.

I have used immigration adviser provided by my company and have his details in my application form in the relevant section, however I have submitted the application myself and was getting the emails regarding IDV and appointment confirmation to my personal email.

Does anyone know if the decision letter would be emailed to myself or to my adviser? And same for the BRP card itself - where would I expect it to get mailed?

I have started to have my doubts when in the appointment confirmation email they printed my name followed by my immigration adviser's office address, and when booking they offered the SMS service for his number as well.. Our offices are still shut so not sure what would happen to my BRP card in case they send it to his office.

aksgoel1990
Newly Registered
India

Post by aksgoel1990 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:49 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to share I received the IDV invitation email today. Applied on 16 Aug and received IDV eligibility confirmation on 3 Sep. I have booked an appointment at Lansdowne rd for 11 Sep (btw earliest date available was 8 Sep).

Quite surprised as I was expecting this around 7-14 Sep per the UKVCAS guidance. Hopefully the backlog clears soon for other applicants!

ANS1

Post by ANS1 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:49 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:49 pm
@ANS1

Hopefully you will receive an invite by 7th Sep. Keep checking your email including junk emails. Also, keep trying logging in IDV app and check access to booking system on UKVCAS website. I know it’s stressful but hang in there. Soon you shall be successful.

Worst case scenario, if you do not get access by 7th Sep, try to email:

UKVACS@homeoffice.gov.uk (its UKVACS yes) [applicants up to 31st July]

In the body of your email, include: name of applicant and UAN (Unique Application Number).

Also,
Try to DM UKVCAS twitter handle too after 7th Sep if needed.
Thank you so much @Cullinan for the clear action plan, I'm sure it will be very helpful to others too. I hope we will not need to use it though.

Over the phone they stressed it was in date order. They thought it could potentially be the date of ukvcas site registration. But husband registered almost instantly with them. They also took our phone number to follow up the idv invite with us in the coming week- not sure if we should be worried or take it as a courtesy call?!

I appreciate all the advice on here even though we don't belong to the particular visa route of this thread. You've all been most helpful and welcoming so thank you. And I can't wait to delete that :evil: thing from my phone...

NNHidayah
Newly Registered

Post by NNHidayah » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:50 pm

klownking wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:38 pm
I have just submitted my biometrics via IDV app. Let's hope for the best.

'd like to report that I (ILR Set(O) with 5 dependants applied on 19 June) received the IDV app invite yesterday (4 September at 17.28 pm). I sent two separate emails to both CIH and UKVCAS in the past 3 weeks requesting help in processing the application due to an urgent need to do an urgent operation in my home country, as it's very slow to get treatment here. We hope to hear a good result soon.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:31 pm

@ANS1
Over the phone they stressed it was in date order. They thought it could potentially be the date of ukvcas site registration. But husband registered almost instantly with them. They also took our phone number to follow up the idv invite with us in the coming week- not sure if we should be worried or take it as a courtesy call?!
I would not worry too much at this stage. Hopefully, you will get an invite before 7th Sep. Otherwise, pretty certain the email address provided in the previous post will work. Do not bother with phone calls.

On a lighter note, do not stress yourself too much. Let me explain you why.

Scenario 1 example (pre-covid):
You applied in July. You got an appointment for biometrics the next day. UKVI standard processing time could be 6 months after biometrics i.e. Jan 2021.
(excluding super-priority - Note not every visa category has this super-priority option in the first place).

Scenario 2 (post-covid, that is valid in your case).
You applied in July. Biometrics are delayed. You submit biometrics in September. Lets say, you get a decision within 2-3 weeks after submitting biometrics (which is the case reported these days). So your done by Oct/Nov 2020.

HO seems to meet the 6 months standard processing one way or the other. I would urge you not to stress yourself unnecessarily as it will affect your own health.

PS I know the frustration is being left out of date order but if you see the whole picture maybe you will stress less. Just trying to make you feel better.

Good luck

maximus111
Newly Registered

Post by maximus111 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:50 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:04 am
maximus111 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:40 am
Hello, I have been reading on this forum for few months now and it’s a brilliant one. Apologies if it’s not the right forum to ask this question.
I applied for FLR(M) in April. Received email from the case worker sometime in May for documents which my solicitor sent within couple of days. Received IDV invite last week. Submitted mine and wife’s passport and BRP on IDV with declaration forms(which now I think was a wrong decision, should’ve booked appointment) Just by reading the posts from other people it seems people have submitted on UKVCAS even though they had sent supporting documents via email to the case worker. My question is, was that an error on my part by not submitting documents on UKVCAS, if it was then should I book an appointment with UKVCAS and submit all the supporting documents. Thank you
Uploading on UKVCAS website would have been ideal. However, if caseworker is satisfied with the documents you sent directly, then may be you will be okay. If not, you should receive additional document request from case worker.
Thanks for the reply

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:51 pm

NNHidayah wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:50 pm
I sent two separate emails to both CIH and UKVCAS in the past 3 weeks requesting help in processing the application due to an urgent need to do an urgent operation in my home country.
The visa processing is done by UKVI not UKVCAS. You may want to consider writing a cover letter with medical emergency evidence and send to the correct UKVI department. That may help expedite your case. Good luck

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:47 pm

maximus111 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:50 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:04 am
maximus111 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:40 am
Hello, I have been reading on this forum for few months now and it’s a brilliant one. Apologies if it’s not the right forum to ask this question.
I applied for FLR(M) in April. Received email from the case worker sometime in May for documents which my solicitor sent within couple of days. Received IDV invite last week. Submitted mine and wife’s passport and BRP on IDV with declaration forms(which now I think was a wrong decision, should’ve booked appointment) Just by reading the posts from other people it seems people have submitted on UKVCAS even though they had sent supporting documents via email to the case worker. My question is, was that an error on my part by not submitting documents on UKVCAS, if it was then should I book an appointment with UKVCAS and submit all the supporting documents. Thank you
Uploading on UKVCAS website would have been ideal. However, if caseworker is satisfied with the documents you sent directly, then may be you will be okay. If not, you should receive additional document request from case worker.
Thanks for the reply
Just thinking that if you don't want to take a chance and avoid potential delay, you might want to consider going for an appointment at an Enhanced centre where documents are scanned and uploaded in the price. But all depends on how much is your urgency and whether you are okay paying the price of appointments. Still won't be a guarantee of a quick decision though but all your documents will reach the caseworker and a potential back and forth could be avoided.

applicant1234
Newly Registered

Post by applicant1234 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:01 pm

Hey guys, I have just submitted my biometrics through the IDV app today but thinking of booking an appointment as well as it seems like people with appointments are getting the decision a lot faster. Any opinions on this?

buntyc
India

Post by buntyc » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:22 pm

Date of application - 15 Aug 20 (family application)
Reuse email - Sept 3 sept 20
IDV Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app - 5 Sept 20
Wondering to go for IDV or appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:25 pm

applicant1234 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:01 pm
Hey guys, I have just submitted my biometrics through the IDV app today but thinking of booking an appointment as well as it seems like people with appointments are getting the decision a lot faster. Any opinions on this?
Dual submission is not recommended since you already chose to submit via IDV app.

ANS1

Post by ANS1 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:29 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:31 pm
@ANS1
I would not worry too much at this stage. Hopefully, you will get an invite before 7th Sep. Otherwise, pretty certain the email address provided in the previous post will work. Do not bother with phone calls.

On a lighter note, do not stress yourself too much. Let me explain you why.

Scenario 1 example (pre-covid):
You applied in July. You got an appointment for biometrics the next day. UKVI standard processing time could be 6 months after biometrics i.e. Jan 2021.
(excluding super-priority - Note not every visa category has this super-priority option in the first place).

Scenario 2 (post-covid, that is valid in your case).
You applied in July. Biometrics are delayed. You submit biometrics in September. Lets say, you get a decision within 2-3 weeks after submitting biometrics (which is the case reported these days). So your done by Oct/Nov 2020.

HO seems to meet the 6 months standard processing one way or the other. I would urge you not to stress yourself unnecessarily as it will affect your own health.

PS I know the frustration is being left out of date order but if you see the whole picture maybe you will stress less. Just trying to make you feel better.

Good luck
Thank you @Cullinan. Yes that's very true. The standard timeframe for FLR M is 6 to 8 weeks following biometrics so hopefully your scenario 2 still applies but substituting months for weeks!

If it wasn't so urgent then we wouldn't have been under pressure and would have happily waited for the app.

Still unable to login so the wait goes on..

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:42 pm

ak1102 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:38 pm
Hi everyone,

Applied for ILR (Tier 2 General, 5 years) on the 20th of Aug, got email confirming eligibility for IDV on the 2nd of Sep, got an email with invite today - decided to book an appointment for the 10th.

I have used immigration adviser provided by my company and have his details in my application form in the relevant section, however I have submitted the application myself and was getting the emails regarding IDV and appointment confirmation to my personal email.

Does anyone know if the decision letter would be emailed to myself or to my adviser? And same for the BRP card itself - where would I expect it to get mailed?

I have started to have my doubts when in the appointment confirmation email they printed my name followed by my immigration adviser's office address, and when booking they offered the SMS service for his number as well.. Our offices are still shut so not sure what would happen to my BRP card in case they send it to his office.
Can any member please help with this query. I am in the same boat. @CR001, @Cullinan , @Zimba
Thank you