ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:50 pm

I have used immigration adviser provided by my company and have his details in my application form in the relevant section, however I have submitted the application myself and was getting the emails regarding IDV and appointment confirmation to my personal email
Since these days the decision is sent via email, it should come through the registered email address on UKVI & UKVCAS.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:55 pm

ANS1 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:29 pm
Still unable to login so the wait goes on..
Just a thought. Does your phone meet the required specification for the app?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:58 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:55 pm
ANS1 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:29 pm
Still unable to login so the wait goes on..
Thank you @CULLINAN. Always helpful 👍🏼

ANS1

Post by ANS1 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:14 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:55 pm

Yes I believe so, have tried on 2 different android devices (both updated and new). It's just that same message appearing- this account has no cases enabled for mobile access. Thanks for the thought though!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:20 pm

ANS1 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:14 pm
Yes I believe so, have tried on 2 different android devices (both updated and new). It's just that same message appearing- this account has no cases enabled for mobile access. Thanks for the thought though!
App works on devices having a camera with minimum 5 megapixels and running Android 7.0 and above.

iOS:
 App works on i-Phone 6 and above and having version iOS 12 and above.
Have you received ANY correspondence related to biometrics via email since you applied on 21st July?

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:29 pm

My application timeline below

Date of application - 11 Aug 20 (SET (LR))
Reuse email - 28 Aug 20
IDV Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app - 5 Sept 20
Chose to book an appointment, booked for 8th Sep.

This forum has been of great help, went by majority view that appointments are resulting in quicker decision.

Seeking some direction on what documents should be taken for the appointment and if they can be shown directly in Mob or physical print outs required.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:34 pm

Thambidurai wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:29 pm
Seeking some direction on what documents should be taken for the appointment and if they can be shown directly in Mob or physical print outs required.
If you already have uploaded all your documents, the only mandatory document is passport and your appointment confirmation print.
However, its always recommended to take all ORIGINALS in case there is a poor scan that needs to be redone etc. SET LR has minimal documents anyways.

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:44 pm

Thank you very much, I will take all the originals with me.I take it that appointment confirmation can be shown in mob and a physical print out is not required ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:46 pm

Thambidurai wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:44 pm
Thank you very much, I will take all the originals with me.I take it that appointment confirmation can be shown in mob and a physical print out is not required ?
You can. However the staff has to scan the barcode multiple times which is annoying for them if on mobile. Print out is recommended but you can use your mobile also.

ANS1

Post by ANS1 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:53 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:20 pm
App works on devices having a camera with minimum 5 megapixels and running Android 7.0 and above.

iOS:
 App works on i-Phone 6 and above and having version iOS 12 and above.
Tried two devices (Samsung and Nokia) both on latest Android 10 with up to 16mp cam.
Have you received ANY correspondence related to biometrics via email since you applied on 21st July?
Yes, just the biometics reuse email which we were very excited to receive so early on- 6 August.

Hope the delay doesn't mean there is something not right with our application, the mind starts to wonder :shock:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:59 pm

@ANS1
Hope the delay doesn't mean there is something not right with our application, the mind starts to wonder
As long you got some correspondence related to biometrics you will be okay.

Thambidurai
India

Post by Thambidurai » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:46 pm
Thambidurai wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:44 pm
You can. However the staff has to scan the barcode multiple times which is annoying for them if on mobile. Print out is recommended but you can use your mobile also.
Thank you 😊

ANS1

Post by ANS1 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:14 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:59 pm
@ANS1
Hope the delay doesn't mean there is something not right with our application, the mind starts to wonder
As long you got some correspondence related to biometrics you will be okay.
Thank you for the reassurance, I hope so. And I really hope there are more invites going out tomorrow even though it's a Sunday. I'll keep you posted

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:18 pm

And I really hope there are more invites going out tomorrow even though it's a Sunday.
Previously invites have been sent on a Sunday also.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:29 pm

Sorry if this has already been answered. I have received email from UKVCAS "Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV App" but I don't know where I can get the UAN number to login to the app. It says in the email that it is provided by the UKVI. Will i be getting new email stating UAN?

Thanks as always for members

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:50 pm

jigars143 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:29 pm
Sorry if this has already been answered. I have received email from UKVCAS "Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV App" but I don't know where I can get the UAN number to login to the app. It says in the email that it is provided by the UKVI. Will i be getting new email stating UAN?

You have to use the same email address and password to log in what you used to create an account via UKVI. The UAN is not required to sign in to the app. However, if you want to find your UAN, log in to your UKVI account, you will find completed PDF form and checklist. UAN will be on the top of the completed PDF form.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:56 pm

Correction:

You have to use the same email address and password to log in to IDV app what you used to create an account on UKVCAS** not UKVI.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:32 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:50 pm
jigars143 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:29 pm

You have to use the same email address and password to log in what you used to create an account via UKVI. The UAN is not required to sign in to the app. However, if you want to find your UAN, log in to your UKVI account, you will find completed PDF form and checklist. UAN will be on the top of the completed PDF form.
Thank you Cullinan as always. Last Question. Do I have to submit documents in each section as said on top of IDV app where you upload documents? e.g. I have nothing for Medical Information and Proof of Business.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:32 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:56 pm
Correction:

You have to use the same email address and password to log in to IDV app what you used to create an account on UKVCAS** not UKVI.
Thank you Cullinan

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:02 pm

Thank you Cullinan as always. Last Question. Do I have to submit documents in each section as said on top of IDV app where you upload documents? e.g. I have nothing for Medical Information and Proof of Business.
If you have already uploaded documents via UKVCAS you will be able to view the same on IDV app. No need to upload documents again in this case. You will still need to do the ID verification.

If you have not uploaded any documents via the UKVCAS already, you will need to upload via the IDV app and do the IDV verification.

No. Categories are generic and not all applies to you. Upload in any category that you think fits the best. You do not have to use all categories. Only that applies to you.

NNHidayah
Newly Registered

Post by NNHidayah » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:19 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:51 pm
NNHidayah wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:50 pm
I sent two separate emails to both CIH and UKVCAS in the past 3 weeks requesting help in processing the application due to an urgent need to do an urgent operation in my home country.
The visa processing is done by UKVI not UKVCAS. You may want to consider writing a cover letter with medical emergency evidence and send to the correct UKVI department. That may help expedite your case. Good luck

Thank you for your kind suggestion. I did attach the consultant report in my email to CIH. Could you let me know the email address for UKVI? Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:01 pm

Thank you for your kind suggestion. I did attach the consultant report in my email to CIH. Could you let me know the email address for UKVI? Many thanks
You could have attached the cover letter/medical evidence etc via UKVCAS/IDV app along with your documents.

I am unaware about your visa category. You need to search for the relevant department.

Also, please continue in your own existing thread for any further questions which are not related to biometrics. Thanks

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:39 pm

I have received my IDV app invitation yesterday. I am looking for suggestion on the verification part where it asks to take photo of a travel document. I was thinking of my passport, however, the it is five years old. The most recent photograph is on my BRP (Dec 2018). Will this really matter? Is it better to provide the recent one? I am bit skeptical about these things. Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:42 pm

ruzfactor wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:39 pm
I have received my IDV app invitation yesterday. I am looking for suggestion on the verification part where it asks to take photo of a travel document. I was thinking of my passport, however, the it is five years old. The most recent photograph is on my BRP (Dec 2018). Will this really matter? Is it better to provide the recent one? I am bit skeptical about these things. Thanks in advance.
BRP is not a travel document. You must provide a travel document i.e. passport.

My own passport had validity for 10 years and was issued 7 years ago. Its very common to have old photo on passport.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:36 am

Post by ravi2326 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:15 am

I can see many posts where people are invited to reuse biometrics through UKVCAS IDV app, but they have rather decided to book an appointment and opted out to reuse the biometrics. I dont understand what could be the reasons. Anything that I am missing?
Simply because it is mere speculation that maybe applicants who submitted biometrics via UKVCAS in person are getting faster decisions compared to who submitted biometrics via IDV app.

However, some IDV app users are getting decisions now too at same pace.

I personally believe, if you are chosen for reusing your biometrics, then any route to submit biometrics (IDV app or UKVCAS in person) will have same results.