ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Enquiry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship Enquiry

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:45 am

Either.

Note this only applies to children under the age of 18.

Children over 18 have to wait 12 months on ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:11 pm

Dear Gurus,

My family got a second citizenship from another country, the office we dealt with do not agree to send the citizenship certificates and the passports till I pay the rest amount (we agreed to pay it in Oct 2020), and FYI, we apply for ILR on 30/4/2020 and we were not have that citizenship certificates, we do not know its details to inform the HO to update the ILR applications, my family may receive it next month, the issue date of that certificate is April 2020 but we do not know the details.

What shall we do now, is it possible we do not inform HO now (because we do not know anything about it), and we will mention that in the British citizenship application next year when they apply.
The HO will see the issue date is April 2020, and we applied in April 2020 and so far we did not receive the decision of ILR applications. Will the HO ask us about that?

Please advise
Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:02 pm

The U.K. permits dual citizenship.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:56 am

Dear Gurus,
How many referees are required for child (under 18) MN1 application?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:01 am

jafersadeq wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:56 am
Dear Gurus,
How many referees are required for child (under 18) MN1 application?
Thanks
Two. One professional, ideally engaged with the child, of any nationality and the other a British citizen over 25. Neither can be related to the child in any way.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:57 pm

Dear Gurus,
Do you expect that the Home Office will change the referee form in the next 6 months?

Regards

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:45 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:57 pm
Dear Gurus,
Do you expect that the Home Office will change the referee form in the next 6 months?

Regards
Referee forms haven't changed for years (apart from being online now) - what would you expect to change?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:49 pm

Dear Gurus,

I have some questions about Naturalization and Registration applications:

1- Is it possible the date of referee's signature to be 20 days before the application submission date?

2-In child registration application, what do they mean with " Your biological parent"?

3-What should the answer be for the question: " I would still like my child (as stated in this application) to be registered as a British citizen even if my own application for British citizenship is refused?"

4-Child's referee: is it possible to consider dentist-NHS registered as a referee? The school teacher does not accept to give his personal details but he agrees to sign the referee form !

Please advise
Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:56 pm

1) Yes
2) Biological that is yours not adopted.
3) The question asks in case your application is refused would you still like your child’s application to be considered.
4) In this case, add a cover letter and explain the situation. Provide evidence if possible that you contacted the teacher/health visitor etc. Use the dentist/NHS worker if he/she knows the child (even if not in professional capacity). HO is not strict when it comes to young kid’s referee.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:56 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:56 pm

3) The question asks in case your application is refused would you still like your child’s application to be considered.
Do they consider my child's application even if they refused my application (just in case)?
I thought they refuse my child's application if they refused my application.
In case they refuse my application, and my wife and I have ILR, do they register my child as a British citizen if his application straightforward?
Please advise
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:58 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:56 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:56 pm

Do they consider my child's application even if they refused my application (just in case)?
I thought they refuse my child's application if they refused my application.
In case they refuse my application, and my wife and I have ILR, do they register my child as a British citizen if his application straightforward?
Please advise
Thanks
If one of the parent(s) has ILR, a UK born child is eligible to be registered as a British Citizen. The parent not necessarily need British Citizenship in this case.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:18 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:58 pm
If one of the parent(s) has ILR, a UK born child is eligible to be registered as a British Citizen. The parent not necessarily need British Citizenship in this case.
My child born abroad, not in the UK.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:19 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:18 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:58 pm
My child born abroad, not in the UK.
Some questions are generic. Not necessarily every question applies to you.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:36 am

Dear Gurus,

I ordered my SAR, and I found two flights in 2015 show my UK entry but not leaving the UK,
I departed the UK on 15/8/2015 and returned 10/9/2015 and later I departed on 2/11/2015 and returned 12/11/2015, the record shows my entry only, but the other 29 flights it shows departure and arrival.
I booked my flight from a travel agent and I do not have any document for that.
Only entry stamps on my passport from the country I departed to. But SAR record does not contain these details.

Please advise
Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:15 am

As long as you have stamps on the passport, ignore the SAR. HO will do their own checks. You will be okay.