ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maximus111
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by maximus111 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:53 am

iamawonder wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:47 pm
maximus111 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:50 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:04 am
maximus111 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:40 am
Hello, I have been reading on this forum for few months now and it’s a brilliant one. Apologies if it’s not the right forum to ask this question.
I applied for FLR(M) in April. Received email from the case worker sometime in May for documents which my solicitor sent within couple of days. Received IDV invite last week. Submitted mine and wife’s passport and BRP on IDV with declaration forms(which now I think was a wrong decision, should’ve booked appointment) Just by reading the posts from other people it seems people have submitted on UKVCAS even though they had sent supporting documents via email to the case worker. My question is, was that an error on my part by not submitting documents on UKVCAS, if it was then should I book an appointment with UKVCAS and submit all the supporting documents. Thank you
Uploading on UKVCAS website would have been ideal. However, if caseworker is satisfied with the documents you sent directly, then may be you will be okay. If not, you should receive additional document request from case worker.
Thanks for the reply
Just thinking that if you don't want to take a chance and avoid potential delay, you might want to consider going for an appointment at an Enhanced centre where documents are scanned and uploaded in the price. But all depends on how much is your urgency and whether you are okay paying the price of appointments. Still won't be a guarantee of a quick decision though but all your documents will reach the caseworker and a potential back and forth could be avoided.
Thank you for the reply, I don’t have any urgent plans to go abroad or any issues with the job as I’m self employed. My solicitor sent all the supporting documents to the case worker so there isn’t any document that hasn’t been sent. Haste makes waste but I will leave it to my luck and wait for the reply from HO. Appreciate your response

RoomOnTheBroom
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by RoomOnTheBroom » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:22 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:36 am
Post by ravi2326 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:15 am

I can see many posts where people are invited to reuse biometrics through UKVCAS IDV app, but they have rather decided to book an appointment and opted out to reuse the biometrics. I dont understand what could be the reasons. Anything that I am missing?
Simply because it is mere speculation that maybe applicants who submitted biometrics via UKVCAS in person are getting faster decisions compared to who submitted biometrics via IDV app.

However, some IDV app users are getting decisions now too at same pace.

I personally believe, if you are chosen for reusing your biometrics, then any route to submit biometrics (IDV app or UKVCAS in person) will have same results.
Thanks for your input. I am also deliberating between submitting in person and using the app. I think everyone is wondering whether decisions for biometrics via app will be slower due to some internal reason or or whether they will come as fast as the “in person” ones once they get up to speed with the app.
I only saw one report of getting a decision for IDV app user - did anyone else report getting a decision so far that you know of?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:59 am

I only saw one report of getting a decision for IDV app user - did anyone else report getting a decision so far that you know of?
One member reported a quick decision in the ILR forum and a couple members reported getting quick decisions in the BC forum after using the IDV app. The actual decision timelines will be more clearer in the coming week. Lets wait and see.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nkug
Newly Registered

Post by nkug » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:21 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to share that I received an IDV app invitation today at 11:05. Applied for ILR set(LR) on 25th August. I was selected for the app but just chose to book an appointment instead for 9th Sept in Birmingham as it's only a week away (was thinking to use the app if there weren't any availability for next week). The only disadvantage I think is the cost which I paid £189. However, I was waiting for super-priority service which would have cost me £900 anyway so I just went ahead of booking the appointment. I saw other Midlands booking availability and most of them have availabilities from 21st Sept and few available for next week and week after. Hope this helps as I found this forum so helpful in terms of knowing the timeline of receiving biometric appointments emails. Thank you everyone for sharing your experience and knowledge and good luck to everyone who are still waiting for the invitation, I hope you will receive it soon.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:13 pm

Sounds like a few of us have appointments tomorrow in Croydon. Best of luck and maybe see y'all there :D

BetterHuman
Newly Registered

Post by BetterHuman » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:00 pm

A quick update, Just received App invitation this afternoon, have submitted my application SET M on 26th Aug 20.
You may see my full timeline on timeline thread.

ANS1

Post by ANS1 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:03 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:18 pm
And I really hope there are more invites going out tomorrow even though it's a Sunday.
Previously invites have been sent on a Sunday also.
Just an update for today- As of 5pm, still no sign of an invite and still unable to login. So frustrated :(

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:11 pm

ANS1 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:03 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
And I really hope there are more invites going out tomorrow even though it's a Sunday.
Just an update for today- As of 5pm, still no sign of an invite and still unable to login. So frustrated :(
Send an email to the address i quoted in my last post. Also, DM UKVCAS on twitter.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ANS1

Post by ANS1 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:24 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
[quo
Send an email to the address i quoted in my last post. Also, DM UKVCAS on twitter.
@Cullinan thank you. I will try to follow it up tomorrow but I think the deadline includes the 7th too so they may tell me to wait until Tuesday to raise it. I've given up hope now.

buntyc
India

Post by buntyc » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:30 pm

buntyc wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:22 pm
Date of application - 15 Aug 20 (family application)
Reuse email - Sept 3 sept 20
IDV Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app - 5 Sept 20
Wondering to go for IDV or appointment.
Finally booked appointment 10th for Lansdowne Rd (£62.99 per person )

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:31 pm

ANS1 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:03 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Same here, june applicant

AlleiaOcean
Newly Registered

Post by AlleiaOcean » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:51 pm

ANS1 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:24 pm
@Cullinan thank you. I will try to follow it up tomorrow but I think the deadline includes the 7th too so they may tell me to wait until Tuesday to raise it. I've given up hope now.
You are not alone! June 16 here. I’m completely hopeless today. 😔 I really want to DM and email today but it’s fruitless - they will tell me to wait. First thing Tuesday though those correspondence are going out.

DependantPBS
Newly Registered
India

Post by DependantPBS » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:02 pm

Following this thread has been very helpful to me. Posting here as it active thread related to biometrics/ IDV app.
My timeline is as follows:
PBS (Tier 1 Entr) dependant + child visa granted: 2 Jan 2019
Date of entry: 22 Jan 2019
Main applicant ILR granted: 28 Feb 2020
PBS dependant extension applied: 11 July 2020 (expired on 13 July 2020)
Biometrics reuse email received: 6 Aug 2020
IDV app invite email: 4 Sep 2020 @ 18:25
So, I fall short of 3 months when I apply ILR in 2023. I'm aware of the option of varying the application from PBS dependant to ILR. But, taking advantage of COVID19, I would want to fill this gap how much ever possible now. Seeking Mods/Gurus advice on the latest date I can upload biometrics via IDV app without any penalty.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:10 pm

@dependentPBS
on the latest date I can upload biometrics via IDV app without any penalty.
Check the deadline on your UKVI account @further actions page.

Please keep all your case specific questions (unrelated to biometrics) in your own thread. Please create a new topic in the correct sub forum and ask your question there.

ANS1

Post by ANS1 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:23 pm

AlleiaOcean wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:51 pm
ANS1 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:24 pm
You are not alone! June 16 here. I’m completely hopeless today. 😔 I really want to DM and email today but it’s fruitless - they will tell me to wait. First thing Tuesday though those correspondence are going out.
I think there must now be an issue with some June/July applicants, at least it's moved along from April/May :roll: I've actually made my first social media account today on Twitter following @cullinan advice. All these years avoiding it but now I'm ready to send my first DM! Good luck, I hope all the waiting pays off.

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:43 pm

Please DM UKVCAS on Twitter between 9 am - 5:30 pm with your UAN. I did that and got the invite next day on 04/09/20. Applied on 18th June for my dependents.

DependantPBS
Newly Registered
India

Post by DependantPBS » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:23 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:10 pm

Thanks for the reply. The deadline on my UKVI account @further actions page is 11 September but, I want to know if there is any chance to postpone uploading my biometrics until end of September/ beginning of October taking advantage of Covid ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:25 pm

DependantPBS wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:23 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:10 pm

Thanks for the reply. The deadline on my UKVI account @further actions page is 11 September but, I want to know if there is any chance to postpone uploading my biometrics until end of September/ beginning of October taking advantage of Covid ?
Since you already have an IDV app invite, I would not recommend you to do that.

ANS1

Post by ANS1 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:31 pm

ilr_applicant_2020 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:43 pm
Please DM UKVCAS on Twitter between 9 am - 5:30 pm with your UAN. I did that and got the invite next day on 04/09/20. Applied on 18th June for my dependents.
Thank you, will do.

Dr strange marvel
Newly Registered

Post by Dr strange marvel » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:34 pm

Hi CULLINAN,

I applied for SET LR and I have an appointment at an enhance center: they said in the Email:

"Please note you must bring to your appointment:
all your original supporting documents – you will need them to complete your appointment, even if you have already uploaded copies online"

I have already uploaded all documents and submitted them to UKVI through UKVCAS, I know my wife BRP is not a critical document for my SET LR and I have already upload its scan and submit it to UKVI.

The issue is : my wife BRP (she is neither the applicant nor my visa dependent) is in another city and there is no chance I can get it before the appointment so I can not show them the original of my wife BRP.

Could I ask you do you think there will be an issue?

Please let me know your advice.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:35 pm

Dr strange marvel wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:34 pm
Hi CULLINAN,

I applied for SET LR and I have an appointment at an enhance center: they said in the Email:

all your original supporting documents – you will need them to complete your appointment, even if you have already uploaded copies online"

I have already uploaded all documents and submitted them to UKVI through UKVCAS, I know my wife BRP is not a critical document for my SET LR and I have already upload its scan and submit it to UKVI.

The issue is : my wife BRP (she is neither the applicant nor my visa dependent) is in another city and there is no chance I can get it before the appointment so I can not show them the original of my wife BRP.

Thanks
None of your wife's documents are required. Set LR requires absolute minimal documents. Submit only what the rules require.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:38 pm

This thread is about appointments. DO NOT post or ask other immigration-related questions here.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Dr strange marvel
Newly Registered

Post by Dr strange marvel » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:35 pm
Dr strange marvel wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:34 pm
Hi CULLINAN,

Thanks
None of your wife's documents are required. Set LR requires absolute minimal documents. Submit only what the rules require.
Thank you for your fast reply, you are a super star

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:40 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:38 pm
This thread is about appointments. DO NOT post or ask other immigration-related questions here.
Thank you for this much needed.

bhatti_pk
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bhatti_pk » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:00 am

Applied for wife . FLR on the 7th july.

still on invite to use app . feeling tense now