ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme Family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nboot003
Newly Registered
Ireland

Non EU spouse, no biometrics trying to apply to EU Settlement scheme

Post by nboot003 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:33 pm

Hi,

This is my first post and I could really use some help.

My wife has recently applied for the EUSS Family permit however, I cannot find any good information as to what to do after this has been granted.

She cannot use the EU exit app because she does not have Biometric residency card or a Biometric residency permit.

She cannot go a specific centre to get her Id verified as they are all closed due to coronavirus.

Does my wife need to get a biometric card in order to apply to the settlement scheme? Or is there a way she can apply without it?

If she can apply without it, will she be granted a specific permit? will she need to get her biometrics done?

Also, does anyone know of the waiting times to get the EUSS permit? And what happens if the permit is not issued until 31 december? Is it still possible to apply for pre-settled status after the deadline or not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Non EU spouse, no biometrics trying to apply to EU Settlement scheme

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:36 pm

On what basis or visa is she currently in the UK?
She cannot go a specific centre to get her Id verified as they are all closed due to coronavirus.
No they are not. They are open. But she needs en email from them to invite her to book an appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nboot003
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nboot003 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:40 pm

Shes not in the UK yet, we are waiting for a response for her EUSS family permit application

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:46 pm

Useful to state where the application is being made from.

Will suggest wait for others to repond to your queries about applying out if the UK.

My understanding is that the app is for those applying within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nboot003
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nboot003 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:49 pm

Sorry, she is in Ukraine and has applied for an euss family permit already.

Once this has been granted, she will come to the UK and then, I am not sure what to do as she doesnt have a biometric card.

Basically, my question is, I am not sure what to do once my wife is in the UK with me. The permit is only valid for 6 months and I want her to live with me with pre-settled status

nboot003
Newly Registered
Ireland

EU Settlement Scheme Family permit

Post by nboot003 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:17 am

Good afternoon,

My soon to be wife will be apply for the EU Settlement Scheme Family permit in Ukraine by 10 October.

I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any delays at the moment and what the current waiting times are?

Im also wondering, what would happen if she did not get a decision until after 31 of December?

For example, if she applies on 10 October 2020 and the permit is approved on 7 January 2021 and she moves to the UK on 8 January 2021, would it still be possible for her to obtain Pre-settled status? Or would it be impossible as she would have never been resident in the UK before 31 December 2020?

I appreciate any help.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: EU Settlement Scheme Family permit

Post by ALKB » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:20 pm

nboot003 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:17 am
Good afternoon,

My soon to be wife will be apply for the EU Settlement Scheme Family permit in Ukraine by 10 October.

I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any delays at the moment and what the current waiting times are?

Im also wondering, what would happen if she did not get a decision until after 31 of December?

For example, if she applies on 10 October 2020 and the permit is approved on 7 January 2021 and she moves to the UK on 8 January 2021, would it still be possible for her to obtain Pre-settled status? Or would it be impossible as she would have never been resident in the UK before 31 December 2020?

I appreciate any help.
Four days ago you said she was your wife and had already applied. Now she is your fiancée and she will apply in a month's time.

Which is it?

Will you get married before she applies?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.