ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

moonpie77
Newly Registered
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by moonpie77 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:45 pm

SUHE wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:15 pm
Hi, Kindly need an advise. I have a biometric appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I have already uploaded all the documents through UKVCAS. But email says to bring all the documents. Some documents are already exist as soft copies for an example pay slips. Do I have to print them and bring with me for the appointment?
Thanks.
It is very likely only your current passport and BRP card will be requested for. However, if you have any originals carry them with you (e.g. Certificates/Letters from Emp etc.). Don't bother carrying printout of soft copies.

At my BRP appointment they didn't even see the old passports, just the latest Passport and BRP card.

rose13
Newly Registered

Post by rose13 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:47 pm

Hi All. I applied for my ILR on 01st April and submitted the documents/photo via IDV app on 21st August.

I still have not received any response and I'm getting very stressed out. It's been 5 months and 7 days of waiting... :(

I really don't know what to do!

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:53 pm

Congratulations fellow applicants who got their approval decisions after submitting biometrics via the IDV app.

My observation, from all the application timelines, IDV or not, SET-LR applicants who have already waited for at least 10 years have possibly be sidelined or have further set in the lowest of its priorities to progress their applicants.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 4-200.html

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1340.html

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JS123 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:06 pm

rose13 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:47 pm
Hi All. I applied for my ILR on 01st April and submitted the documents/photo via IDV app on 21st August.

I still have not received any response and I'm getting very stressed out. It's been 5 months and 7 days of waiting... :(

I applied on 28 March and submitted my biometrics with the app on 19 August. I have just received my approval email! Hang in there, it is coming.

To everyone else who has used the app - it seems decisions are finally being made! Thanks for all the support!

RIYER
Newly Registered
India

Post by RIYER » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:42 pm
RIYER wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:35 pm
Hi,

I applied for a Tier 4 UK Visa online today.

I tried booking an appointment online for submitting my Biometric documents and I could not find any slot anywhere. What do I do? I understand from the Government Website that UKVI will try to reuse my fingerprint from last time (as I am already a student in the UK) and that we have to submit the documents online and only if they can't get hold of my fingerprints will they ask me to come to the Biometrics centre? Is my understanding correct? Or will they still ask me to attend biometrics appointment?

If so, how to I book the appointment?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!
You will be notified about the next step via email; either to book an appointment OR your biometrics can be reused and you will have to submit via the IDV app. For now system is only open for applicants who applied before 28th Aug. You need to wait for an official update from UKVCAS.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Thanks.

Will they ask me to submit documents on IDV app even if I submitted them on the UKVCAS page?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:09 pm

JS123 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:06 pm
rose13 wrote:

I applied on 28 March and submitted my biometrics with the app on 19 August. I have just received my approval email! Hang in there, it is coming.

To everyone else who has used the app - it seems decisions are finally being made! Thanks for all the support!
Excellent news again.. Congratulations!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:09 pm

@riyer
Thanks.

Will they ask me to submit documents on IDV app even if I submitted them on the UKVCAS page?
No
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

rose13
Newly Registered

Post by rose13 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:10 pm

JS123 wrote:
rose13 wrote:

That is a fantastic news. Congratulation, so happy for you.
Hope mine shows up soon.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:11 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:22 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
How do you check the right to work expiry date without your new BRP number?
You can check if your current BRP is not expired yet.

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
Hmm.. This didn't work for me. I just tried entering my current BRP number, and going through the steps, in the end it says:

We cannot show your details

To prove your right to work, show your employer your:

EU, EEA or Swiss passport or national identity card
biometric residence document
or other identity documents

If you have applied to extend your stay

Ask your employer to check your right to work with the Home Office.

Back to GOV.UK

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:11 pm

RIYER wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:08 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:42 pm
RIYER wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:35 pm
Hi,

I applied for a Tier 4 UK Visa online today.

I tried booking an appointment online for submitting my Biometric documents and I could not find any slot anywhere. What do I do? I understand from the Government Website that UKVI will try to reuse my fingerprint from last time (as I am already a student in the UK) and that we have to submit the documents online and only if they can't get hold of my fingerprints will they ask me to come to the Biometrics centre? Is my understanding correct? Or will they still ask me to attend biometrics appointment?

If so, how to I book the appointment?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!
You will be notified about the next step via email; either to book an appointment OR your biometrics can be reused and you will have to submit via the IDV app. For now system is only open for applicants who applied before 28th Aug. You need to wait for an official update from UKVCAS.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Thanks.

Documents don't need to be resubmitted on app. Only passport ID page will need to be captured through the app apart from your picture and liveness check..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:13 pm

@krishnakumarg
Hmm.. This didn't work for me. I just tried entering my current BRP number, and going through the steps, in the end it says:
Nothing to worry. Sometimes system is not updated. Previously many have reported the same.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Amy_R88

Post by Amy_R88 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:15 pm

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:53 pm
Congratulations fellow applicants who got their approval decisions after submitting biometrics via the IDV app.

My observation, from all the application timelines, IDV or not, SET-LR applicants who have already waited for at least 10 years have possibly be sidelined or have further set in the lowest of its priorities to progress their applicants.

One person reported to get the approval, applied in end June. But anyways, it appears that there is a lot of backlog in Set LR decisions.

When have you applied and submitted your biometrics

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:22 pm

sam942 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:10 pm

Sorry I wasn't clear. I did dual submission (29th August on the app and 2nd September in person) because I missed out on one of my documents when I submitted using the app.
In this case physical appointment is not necessary. You can just upload onto UKVCAS web portal on your computer, upload the missing docs, logout and log back in, and then click on a newly appeared "submit" button on the web portal.

In fact, I did exactly that. After my messed-up photo submission in IDV app, I went online on my computer to upload a doc that I had totally forgotten about (my stage 1 letter of endorsement). I could easily do that, logged out and just signed-in again and submitted. Then I scurried to book an appointment at Croydon for the next day to make amends for the selfie mess-up.

You can keep uploading/submitting until your biometrics are green-lighted and forwarded to the caseworker. At that point, everything is locked, and the caseworker will not see anything more. In the case of the IDV app, there is purportedly a manual gating team who check the photo similarity to database and therefore there is some breather-time to upload missing docs. I had my selfie done on Friday evening Aug 28, 2020, and submitted around 20:30, and the submit button in the app was greyed out immediately. But since I was able to upload from my computer, I assume that the staff hasn't looked at the photo, and the online uploads system remain open for a little bit more time to upload missing docs.

In the case of physical appointment, since the UKVCAS staff are deemed to have verified your identity (identity check is complete, and fingerprints/photo are all done), your application gets locked when the staff do the submission, and no further docs can be added.

kart678
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kart678 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:30 pm

JS123 wrote:
rose13 wrote:

Me too worried a lot. Applied on 28th March 2020 and submitted my bio-metric via app on 19th August 2020 around 7ish but no news so far

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:34 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:15 pm
ROHITSHAH4 wrote:

One person reported to get the approval, applied in end June. But anyways, it appears that there is a lot of backlog in Set LR decisions.

When have you applied and submitted your biometrics
I have applied on 9th May online and submitted the facial image via IDV app on 25th Aug.

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:38 pm

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:

I agree with your observation. SET-LR seems to be the lowest priority category for UKVI...I wonder why that might be the case, as you said, they probably have waited for the longest duration of all other categories!

moonpie77
Newly Registered
India

Post by moonpie77 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:59 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
krishnakumarg wrote:
How do you check the right to work expiry date without your new BRP number?
You can check if your current BRP is not expired yet.

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
My observation (for my specific case - Tier 2 General to ILR) is this link doesn't work if your BRP has expired. However if you give your UAN to Employer, they can verify eligibility to work via home office.

cloughr73
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by cloughr73 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking for a little bit of reassurance.

I have been helping my wife submit the second half of her visa using the APP, last week I uploaded all of the relevant documents and tonight I planned on logging in for a second time to check them over and finalising the submission. When my wife was completing the photograph and then the video of her face with different angles, she somehow submitted the application without realising what she was doing. (How she clicked the large and red 'Submit' button by mistake I'll never understand.

I have two concerns,

Does it matter if you upload the documents to the right category? For instance I uploaded my bank statements and pay slips under the sponsorship category and not the finances category. I'm assuming that if this is incorrect, it couldn't result in the refusal of the visa?

Secondly I'm not convinced my wife moved her head far enough in any direction when she was doing the verification. What are the implications of this being wrong?

Thanks for any help and reassurance in advance.

Ryan

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:53 pm

@cloughr73

As long you uploaded ALL documents via UKVCAS in whichever category, your fine. This reason can never lead to a refusal.

If the green tick appeared after the liveliness check, most likely the system was satisfied so dont worry.

If any issues with facial image/liveliness check, UKVI will write to you to book an appointment with UKVCAS to submit biometrics again.

To be honest I found liveliness a little difficult to handle myself as it was not very responsive. Just today UKVCAS IDV app has been updated with some refinements regarding the liveliness check.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:56 pm

Finally got idv app invite (25.06 application date),submitted straight away,hope it won't take too long. In my case the time is really crucial, as this application is for tier2 extension till the end of November - once I get it I hope to have enough time to submit ILR set(0) application.

ANS1

Post by ANS1 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:56 pm

ANS1 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:23 pm
AlleiaOcean wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:51 pm
ANS1 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:24 pm
@Cullinan thank you. I will try to follow it up tomorrow but I think the deadline includes the 7th too so they may tell me to wait until Tuesday to raise it. I've given up hope now.
You are not alone! June 16 here. I’m completely hopeless today. 😔 I really want to DM and email today but it’s fruitless - they will tell me to wait. First thing Tuesday though those correspondence are going out.
I think there must now be an issue with some June/July applicants, at least it's moved along from April/May :roll: I've actually made my first social media account today on Twitter following @cullinan advice. All these years avoiding it but now I'm ready to send my first DM! Good luck, I hope all the waiting pays off.
I think it is safe to say that the 7th sep deadline has now passed yet still no sign of the promised idv invite for me. I sent a DM on ukvcas twitter earlier, they said they would get back to me in 1 working day. I rang UKVI, they took down details to investigate. I rang UKVCAS. They said I should wait until the end of the day as it's still the 7th. If there is no invite by today then the HO would be in touch with hopefully by Thursday but couldn't be sure?? So all we can do is wait again. I'm so very frustrated and drained being let down every day by this promised invite. I'm wondering if any others are still waiting?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:58 pm

@ANS1

Did you email also?

ANS1

Post by ANS1 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:06 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:58 pm
@ANS1

Did you email also?
Not yet, that is next on the list.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:07 pm

ANS1 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:06 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:58 pm
@ANS1

Did you email also?
Not yet, that is next on the list.
Probably that is the ONLY way to resolve it.

cloughr73
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by cloughr73 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:09 pm

Thanks for you prompt reply, It's very much appreciated. :)