ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

finished submitted forms, english proof wasn't asked

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chesterfish
Newly Registered
Argentina

PBS tier 2 dependant partner application issue

Post by chesterfish » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:13 pm

Good Afternoon,
I've been living with my partner for 13 years and we with our children came to the UK almost 3 years ago as he got a job under tier 2 general visa, as he changed his job he got a new BRP valid until Dec next year, only I and our two sons have to extend our visas.

We were filling "PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent dependant partner" online form but it seems is not the correct one as is asking things that appear to be for new applicants, for instance, this question which is quite complicated for us:

"Were you or your partner in a marriage, civil partnership or similar relationship with anyone before each other?" ->Yes
then the form asks if the relationship was ended legally ->No

Which is complicated for us as he was in marriage 14 years ago before we met and the marriage was never legally ended as the lady wanted money for signing it.

So we are quite anguish now wondering if that could mean that my application could be rejected.

Please could you give me an advise with regards to this?

We haven't submitted my application or the application of our boys yet, but we think the correct thing should be to state the truth about this, but we don;t know if that would be bad for us.

Maybe I'm filling the wrong online form?

Thanks.

chesterfish
Newly Registered
Argentina

how to append childs to partner application

Post by chesterfish » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:37 pm

Good night, I'm just starting my application for extending my partner dependant visa and the visa of our kids and realised that for partners there is a different link than for children, I'd like to do a joined application as we did when we arrived almost 3 years ago, is that possible?
I'm worried as the application would be evaluated per separate and not as a family, having to schedule interviews in different timeslots.
Many thanks.

chesterfish
Newly Registered
Argentina

finished submitted forms, english proof wasn't asked

Post by chesterfish » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:31 am

Hi all!
I've just finished my application to PBS dependant partner visa together with my children, so now I have to get an appointment in UKVCAS but there is none and just realised that I wasn't asked for the proof of English knowledge, I did an English test in trinity college but when filling the forms I wasn't asked for the number of my test nor anything about it.
Does anyone know what could have had happened?

Thanks. :?

chesterfish
Newly Registered
Argentina

Re: how to append childs to partner application

Post by chesterfish » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:35 am

I was able to do it, filing my application first, then I was asked to add dependants so I could include my children in the application with me and finally paying for altogether, now I'm not sure what to do next, there is no availability for getting appointments in the UKVCAS, it seems like I should now upload my supporting documents :roll:

Aamir2016
Newly Registered

Re: finished submitted forms, english proof wasn't asked

Post by Aamir2016 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:03 am

For PBS dependent visa no english knowledge or test required.It is only required when you apply ILR or citizenship

chesterfish
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by chesterfish » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:01 am

Hi @Aamir2016, I remember it was a requirement for dependants partner when being more than 2.5 years, maybe that changed then?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:03 am

chesterfish wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:01 am
Hi @Aamir2016, I remember it was a requirement for dependants partner when being more than 2.5 years, maybe that changed then?
you are confusing the requirements for a completely different visa category. PBS dependents have never been required to prove English.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.