ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences letter - Is a detailed description of periods of leave and business travel with specific dates required?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

andrvetch
Newly Registered
Belarus

ILR - are payments from multiple cards possible?

Post by andrvetch » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask those of you who are familiar with the payment process for ILR. As I will be submitting an application for myself and two dependants, will I need to pay the total sum from one single bank card, and therefore keep a large sum of money on it? Or would it be possible to do multiple payments from two or more bank cards?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - are payments from multiple cards possible?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:04 pm

will I need to pay the total sum from one single bank card, and therefore keep a large sum of money on it?
Yes.
Or would it be possible to do multiple payments from two or more bank cards?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

andrvetch
Newly Registered
Belarus

Re: ILR - are payments from multiple cards possible?

Post by andrvetch » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:36 pm

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

andrvetch
Newly Registered
Belarus

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK?

Post by andrvetch » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I would like to get your advice on answering the question "Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?"

Before coming to the UK, I travelled to the US for 5 days only to get my Green Card I won in a lottery. I never went to the US again and have formally abandoned my resident status in the US since then. I am confused because I wouldn't say I lived in the US - it was a tourist trip in reality. However, technically I was there in a resident status.

Would you advise me to still mention the US as a country I lived in?

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK?

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:04 pm

No. ignore it
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

andrvetch
Newly Registered
Belarus

Re: Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK?

Post by andrvetch » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Thank you, Zimba!

Really appreciate your response. I have not been able to find any guidance from Home Office on this question, so I will decide for myself that this does not consist 'living' in the US. I did not work there, I did not rent any property, etc.

andrvetch
Newly Registered
Belarus

ILR cover letter - child born in the UK

Post by andrvetch » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:20 am

Hi everyone,

I am going to apply for an ILR with my wife and my son. However, I am not going to include my daughter into the application as she was born in the UK and we are planning to register her as a British citizen after we get our ILRs. All four of us currently hold Tier 2 visas, including my daughter, which are valid until next summer.

Should I explain in a cover letter why my daughter is not included in the application?

If yes, would the following text do or would you be able to suggest any changes: "My daughter XXX is not applying for an ILR as she was born in the UK and will apply to register as a British citizen once my wife and I obtain ILR. XXX has a Tier 2 (Dependant) BRP valid until XXX."

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR cover letter - child born in the UK

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:30 pm

Just add a note at the end of the application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

andrvetch
Newly Registered
Belarus

Are the original expired passports needed?

Post by andrvetch » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:46 am

Hello,

Are the originals of expired passports needed for the ILR application?

I have the full scans of previous passports but I don't have the originals as I must return them to the issuing authority by law. I am confused because they say that "Any passports provided must be originals". At the same time they say "You do not need to send any physical documents to the HO".

Do I need to explain the absence of original expired passports in a cover letter or this is not required?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Are the original expired passports needed?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:02 am

Topics Merged. Can you please desist from starting a new topic with each question you have on the same application.

Link below to the forum rules on Multiple Topics, which you were required to read when joining the forum.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:03 am

andrvetch wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:46 am
Hello,

Are the originals of expired passports needed for the ILR application?

I have the full scans of previous passports but I don't have the originals as I must return them to the issuing authority by law. I am confused because they say that "Any passports provided must be originals". At the same time they say "You do not need to send any physical documents to the HO".

Do I need to explain the absence of original expired passports in a cover letter or this is not required?

Thank you!
NO originals are sent to UKVI. However they COULD ask for them if they needed clarity, although this is rare these days. You only need the original passport for UKCVAS appointment identity check.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

andrvetch
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by andrvetch » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:23 am

Thank you, CR001!

Thank you for confirming that they will not ask for expired passports at the UKCVAS appointment.

Would you advise me to mention the absence of original expired passports in the application, e.g. by explaining in a cover letter? Or should I just say nothing at this stage and explain only if they ask?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:36 am

You need to state absences where the form asks. If you have scanned copies of the expired passport, simply upload that.

You are overthinking slightly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

andrvetch
Newly Registered
Belarus

Would I be better off waiting for priority service or use a standard application?

Post by andrvetch » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:04 am

Hello,

Can you please advise me if Home Office is likely to de-prioritise my ILR application if the expiry of my current TIER 2 (General) visa is due in July next year only?

My challenge is that I need to travel in August next year. Before then, I will need not only to get ILR, but also register my daughter who was born in the UK for citizenship (which is only possible once I get ILR).

If I submit a standard application now, is Home Office likely to delay the decision until July next year, given that other people will have more urgent applications? Would I be better off waiting for the priority service to open?

Your advice would be very much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Would I be better off waiting for priority service or use a standard application?

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:51 am

If I submit a standard application now, is Home Office likely to delay the decision until July next year, given that other people will have more urgent applications?

Unclear why you think this is how it works. It doesn't work like this at all. You simply apply when you are eligible and join the queue of applicants. To be processed. When your visa expires is irrelevant.
Would I be better off waiting for the priority service to open?
Your choice. Note also that priority service is not a guaranteed service either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

andrvetch
Newly Registered
Belarus

Absences letter - Is a detailed description of periods of leave and business travel with specific dates required?

Post by andrvetch » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:09 pm

Hello,

My employer (TIER 2) has provided the following statement in the employer letter in relation to absences:
"Please also note that XXX is entitled to annual leave of 27 days per annum. As you will
note from XXX’s schedule of absences from the UK, he is frequently required to travel outside
the UK as part of the duties of his employment."

I have never exceeded even 90 days of absence in any 12 months period, but I am worried that the above is not specific enough as it does not include “periods of paid annual leave” and “reasons for work-related absences”. Should I try to persuade my HR to provide a line-by-line detail of specific dates of my annual leave, business travel and agreed working from abroad?

Given their usual poor responsiveness, could the existing letter I have be enough or should I get a separate letter at any cost?

Thank you very much for your response in advance!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Absences letter - Is a detailed description of periods of leave and business travel with specific dates required?

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:54 pm

andrvetch wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:09 pm
Hello,

My employer (TIER 2) has provided the following statement in the employer letter in relation to absences:
"Please also note that XXX is entitled to annual leave of 27 days per annum. As you will
note from XXX’s schedule of absences from the UK, he is frequently required to travel outside
the UK as part of the duties of his employment."

I have never exceeded even 90 days of absence in any 12 months period, but I am worried that the above is not specific enough as it does not include “periods of paid annual leave” and “reasons for work-related absences”. Should I try to persuade my HR to provide a line-by-line detail of specific dates of my annual leave, business travel and agreed working from abroad? Persuade them to provide it

Given their usual poor responsiveness, could the existing letter I have be enough or should I get a separate letter at any cost? It is a requirement to provide it as part of applicant therefore do get it.

Thank you very much for your response in advance!

Fahadnari
Mood:
India

Re: Absences letter - Is a detailed description of periods of leave and business travel with specific dates required?

Post by Fahadnari » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:02 pm

Hi Amazonian

I had the same issue my employer. My document covered everything in one letter and just mentioned my annual leave entitlement and did not list out detailed absences for work and personal travel. my solicitors said it's fine as I was well below the absences each year and generic letter will do. i submitted the application today and I hope it suffices if not hoping HO will ask for more details.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:20 pm

Fahadnari wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:02 pm
Hi Amazonian

I had the same issue my employer. My document covered everything in one letter and just mentioned my annual leave entitlement and did not list out detailed absences for work and personal travel. my solicitors said it's fine as I was well below the absences each year and generic letter will do. i submitted the application today and I hope it suffices if not hoping HO will ask for more details.
DO NOT hijack other posts. Stick to YOUR OWN POST ONLY :!: :!: