ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Naturalisation for baby from India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

siva33
Newly Registered
India

Applying Naturalisation for baby from India

Post by siva33 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:50 am

Hi Team,

I got ILR in January 2020, my baby was born in UK August 2015. Applied Indian passport for my baby and send to India. Baby growing in India with grandparents. I applied Naturalisation for my baby from India, as I got ILR in Jan 2020. I fill the application online and applied, it’s more than a month and no reply from UKBA or Naturalisation team. I need to give bio-metric for my baby in India. What is the next step please and how can I contact the naturalization team about this, please.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Thanks,
Siva

zimba
Mood:

Re: Applying Naturalisation for baby from India

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:55 am

siva33 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:50 am
Hi Team,

I got ILR in January 2020, my baby was born in UK August 2015. Applied Indian passport for my baby and send to India. Baby growing in India with grandparents. I applied Naturalisation for my baby from India, as I got ILR in Jan 2020. I fill the application online and applied, it’s more than a month and no reply from UKBA or Naturalisation team. I need to give bio-metric for my baby in India. What is the next step please and how can I contact the naturalization team about this, please.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Thanks,
Siva
Children do NOT naturalise, they get registered as British using form MN1. There is NO entity called UKBA anymore (it was disbanded in 2013), the Home office is responsible for grant of nationality applications. The process will take at least several months
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

siva33
Newly Registered
India

Post by siva33 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:11 am

Thank you for the reply,

I applied for registration of my child under 18 as a British citizen and paid a fee 1012.00 GBP. What is the next step, please and how long the process will take?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:28 pm

siva33 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:11 am
Thank you for the reply,

I applied for registration of my child under 18 as a British citizen and paid a fee 1012.00 GBP. What is the next step, please and how long the process will take?

Thank you
You will be contacted for the next steps. The process takes as long as it takes, you should expect SEVERAL months
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:40 pm

siva33 wrote:
Thank you for the reply,

Thank you
Did you apply using the paper form for those applying from outside the UK or did you user the inline form for those who are in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

siva33
Newly Registered
India

Post by siva33 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:40 pm
siva33 wrote:
Thank you for the reply,

Thank you
Did you apply using the paper form for those applying from outside the UK or did you user the inline form for those who are in the UK?
Thank you for reply.

I used online form and I went through Solicter. He said now they using online. I did not use the paper form. Please advise is that correct or not?

Thanks,
Siva

siva33
Newly Registered
India

Post by siva33 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:06 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:28 pm
siva33 wrote:
Thank you for the reply,

Thank you
You will be contacted for the next steps. The process takes as long as it takes, you should expect SEVERAL months
Thank you for reply.

Is their any why, I get fast decision.

Thanks,
Siva

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:45 am

siva33 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:06 pm
Not really.

Just to give you a comparison, first child British passports for children born to British parents in the Indian sub-continent can take between six months and a year.

If it takes that long for passports for a child who is born with British citizenship, it is logical that registration applications would take as long or longer.

And of course, after registration, you will have to wait for the passport anyway.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

siva33
Newly Registered
India

Post by siva33 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:19 am

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:45 am
siva33 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:06 pm
Not really.

Just to give you a comparison, first child British passports for children born to British parents in the Indian sub-continent can take between six months and a year.

If it takes that long for passports for a child who is born with British citizenship, it is logical that registration applications would take as long or longer.

And of course, after registration, you will have to wait for the passport anyway.
I can apply for the right of abode, once I got naturalisation for my baby or not. Don’t want to apply for a British passport for baby from India. Please suggest.

siva33
Newly Registered
India

Post by siva33 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:20 am

siva33 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:04 pm
CR001 wrote:
siva33 wrote:
Thank you for the reply,

Thank you
Thank you for reply.

I used online form and I went through Solicter. He said now they using online. I did not use the paper form. Please advise is that correct or not?

Thanks,
Siva

Thank you for reply.

Thanks,
Siva

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:25 pm

siva33 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:19 am
I can apply for the right of abode, once I got naturalisation for my baby or not. Don’t want to apply for a British passport for baby from India. Please suggest.
A Certificate of Entitlement - Right of Abode (CoE-RoA) needs to be stamped into a valid non-British passport.

When the child is registered as a British citizen, they lose the right to carry an Indian passport. A British passport is the only alternative.

CoE-RoA in an Indian passport is a valid choice if the child were born with dual British and Indian citizenship to
a) an Indian parent on ILR and the child is born in the UK; OR
b) one British citizen parent and one Indian citizen parent in India.

Acquisition of a foreign citizenship at any time after birth automatically deprives the child of the Indian citizenship and hence the ability to have an Indian passport.

You may be better off having the child join you in the UK, going through the registration in the UK, getting OCI while the child is in the UK and then the child joining his grandparents in India again, if that is what is ultimately desired.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

siva33
Newly Registered
India

Post by siva33 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:55 am

siva33 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:20 am
siva33 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:04 pm
CR001 wrote:
siva33 wrote:
Thank you for the reply,

Thank you
Thank you for reply.

Thanks,
Siva

Thank you for reply.

Thanks,
Siva