ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Toxic
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Toxic » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:04 pm

Atreya wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:58 pm
Hello Gurus,

First of all - apologies if this is not the right thread... it is related to Biometrics Appointment, UKVCAS document upload and using the IDV app.

I have submitted document on UKVCAS last week.
I am eligible for IDV app, however I decided to book my Biometrics Appointment in person for this weekend.

I am applying with help from solicitor, which was assigned to me by my employer. I wasn't asked to upload scanned stamped pages of my passports, but I decided today to scan them having seen posts on this thread earlier today about including them as part of the additional document. Only uploaded a schedule of absences as a file, as I ran out of field in the application form.

As I was scanning them, I noticed some discrepancies on the stamp dates vs my schedule of absences.
I should have double checked them before submitting. :( The difference in days is 5 days additional (, although still within the continuous period requirement 180days rolling period, 450days overall etc). These dates were also included in the letter of support from my employer.

I am now in dilemma of what to do and in panic mode. Should I use the IDV app to upload the updated document? However, I won't be able to delete the previously uploaded ones. Should I email UKVCAS? Should I bring the passports and updated document to the Biometrics appointment?

Would appreciate your advice..
Hi,
I can imagine that it is hard to track back all the right dates but also think the home office would have access to your landing cards in uk and the dates when you entered and subsequently exited uk.
I dont think this would be a problem as it is a small difference.
Dont worry at all and relax. HO will contact you if they need an explanation of it.

Cheers

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:06 pm

Happy to inform that I received my decision at an incredible speed after biometric. Timeline below:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1933836

Thanks to all for all the advice and sticking together in this uncertain situation. Hope they make a quick decision for all. This forum has helped me a lot and has been my only guiding light among all the ups and downs since the application. I have been through hope, despair, excitement, sadness, anger, anxiousness and last but not the least, a lots of patience :)
Special thanks to @Cullinan ! You are a rockstar! Cheers!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:06 pm

Happy for you. Congratulations iamwonder🥳
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:07 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:06 pm
Happy for you. Congratulations iamwonder🥳
Thanks!

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:19 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Happy to inform that I received my decision at an incredible speed after biometric. Timeline below:

Thanks to all for all the advice and sticking together in this uncertain situation. Hope they make a quick decision for all. This forum has helped me a lot and has been my only guiding light among all the ups and downs since the application. I have been through hope, despair, excitement, sadness, anger, anxiousness and last but not the least, a lots of patience :)
Congratulations!
Wise decision to go for the appointment!

Atreya
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by Atreya » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:21 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:01 pm
@Atreya

Simply scan the full passport and upload along with your documents via UKVCAS website.
HO will do their own checks. Dont worry.

The UKVCAS staff will submit for you on your appointment.
Thank you so much CULLINAN and Toxic for the re-assurance - much much appreciated.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:37 pm

iamawonder wrote:

Congratulations @imawonder. Happy for you.

I see that you chucked the IDV app, and went for physical appointment.

toivy
Newly Registered
China

Post by toivy » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:44 pm

asap8 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:28 am
asap8 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:01 am
Quick update :

Application made : June 2020
Biometrics through IDV app : 28.08.2020
Decision : Waiting

I requested HO to escalate my ILR application due to some personal reasons with evidence. They replied me saying, ''We are waiting for your bio information once this has come through we will push for quick decision to be made. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to ensure a decision can be made. We thank you for your understanding in this matter''.

This reply made me to believe there will be a long delay for the people who used IDV app for biometric submission, could be due to the way they process the data submitted through the app and the large number of IDV submissions.
Just now recived an email saying that my ILR applciation has been approved after escalating the case with HO.
May I ask, in which way you contact HO to escalate your case, by telephone or email? My new employer want me to start to work as soon as possible, but I have to get the ILR confirmation first. I submitted bio information two weeks ago, now still waiting. Please suggest which number or email address you used to contact them. Thanks

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:48 pm

Akhil_123 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:04 pm
Hi All,

I have received an email from WorkSponsored@homeoffice.gov.uk in regards to my ongoing application for ILR Set(O) through 5 yrs route. This email was received 3 days after I submitted my biometrics through the IDV app on last Friday. Was wondering if this is generic email And would it be a good idea to book an appointment physically at the UKVCAS centre as well ?

Dear Customer,
Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is may not be possible in your case.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.
Regards,
AK

See this link from same thread: https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1933653

Luluokis29
Mood:

Post by Luluokis29 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:49 pm

iamawonder wrote:

Woooooow big big congratulations to you...so happy for you👍

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Yash123 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:52 pm

iamawonder wrote:

Congrats to you :)
Are there sufficient evidences that indicates in-person appointment results in faster decisions than IDV???

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:52 pm

UKVCAS Service Point Status Update 9th Sep:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:00 pm

Yash123 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:52 pm
iamawonder wrote:

Are there sufficient evidences that indicates in-person appointment results in faster decisions than IDV???
Thanks @Luluokis29, @krishnakumarg, @Toxic and @Yash123
Given the evidence so far, the physical appointments does seem a little faster but it's also probably related to the complexity of the case. My case was very straightforward ILR Set O application with 5 year T2G working for the same company. And luck definitely also plays a role.
Felt heartbroken to miss out on opt out and regretted that decision but then times changed! I decided to go for physical appointment hoping for a speedy decision just because I wanted to get better mortgage rates to be honest for my ongoing mortgage application.
IDV app does seem to be catching up though and people not in much hurry (if they can wait for 10-14 days) should definitely stick to IDV. It's free after all and saves the travel. Although it doesn't look like a lockdown will be put in place again but we never know so people making physical appointment should bear that in mind.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:01 pm

toivy wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:44 pm
asap8 wrote:
asap8 wrote:
Quick update :

I requested HO to escalate my ILR application due to some personal reasons with evidence. They replied me saying, ''We are waiting for your bio information once this has come through we will push for quick decision to be made. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to ensure a decision can be made. We thank you for your understanding in this matter''.

This reply made me to believe there will be a long delay for the people who used IDV app for biometric submission, could be due to the way they process the data submitted through the app and the large number of IDV submissions.
Just now recived an email saying that my ILR applciation has been approved after escalating the case with HO.
May I ask, in which way you contact HO to escalate your case, by telephone or email? My new employer want me to start to work as soon as possible, but I have to get the ILR confirmation first. I submitted bio information two weeks ago, now still waiting. Please suggest which number or email address you used to contact them. Thanks
Exactly same situation, I have tried calling them and the email Id I am aware of, the option told to me by Home office today is to send them letter to their Sheffield address. Not sure what is the other possible way to get a feedback.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:05 pm

Luluokis29
Mood:

Post by Luluokis29 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:07 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:00 pm
Yash123 wrote:
iamawonder wrote:

Given the evidence so far, the physical appointments does seem a little faster but it's also probably related to the complexity of the case. My case was very straightforward ILR Set O application with 5 year T2G working for the same company. And luck definitely also plays a role.
Felt heartbroken to miss out on opt out and regretted that decision but then times changed! I decided to go for physical appointment hoping for a speedy decision just because I wanted to get better mortgage rates to be honest for my ongoing mortgage application.
IDV app does seem to be catching up though and people not in much hurry (if they can wait for 10-14 days) should definitely stick to IDV. It's free after all and saves the travel. Although it doesn't look like a lockdown will be put in place again but we never know so people making physical appointment should bear that in mind.
I am thinking of booking an appointment this minute... Really fed up of waiting as I might loose my confirmed place at uni this September...😭

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:08 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Yash123 wrote:
iamawonder wrote:

Very well summarised!
The waiting game is hard but we should play that whoever can.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:12 pm

asap8 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:05 pm
@ROHITSHAH4 and toivy

Please refer my previous posts:
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1933699
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1933709
Please bear in mind that my situation was different and I had to make complaints. Thats why I used complaints procedure to contact HO. They contacted me after a month regarding that complaint and I used that contact details to escalate, which I should not disclose.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:23 pm

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:01 pm
toivy wrote:
asap8 wrote:
asap8 wrote:
Quick update :

Exactly same situation, I have tried calling them and the email Id I am aware of, the option told to me by Home office today is to send them letter to their Sheffield address. Not sure what is the other possible way to get a feedback.
I would suggest you to send a letter to Sheffield while exploring other options.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:50 pm

asap8 wrote:
@ROHITSHAH4 and toivy

Thank you asap8. You managed to get a response from UKVI only after raising a complaint? How long it took to get a response from them and finally getting your ILR decision?

toivy
Newly Registered
China

Post by toivy » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:53 pm

asap8 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:23 pm
ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:01 pm
toivy wrote:
asap8 wrote:

I would suggest you to send a letter to Sheffield while exploring other options.
Thanks, asap8

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:59 pm

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:50 pm
asap8 wrote:
@ROHITSHAH4 and toivy

Thank you asap8. You managed to get a response from UKVI only after raising a complaint? How long it took to get a response from them and finally getting your ILR decision?
My complaint was not directly related to ILR. If you make a complaint it would take 28 days to recevie a reply. I got my ILR decision within two hours after the escalation. But I did escalation due to compassionate reasons. I dont know whether they would entertain all other scenarios including job, mortgage, etc

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:57 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:07 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Yash123 wrote:
iamawonder wrote:

I am thinking of booking an appointment this minute... Really fed up of waiting as I might loose my confirmed place at uni this September...😭
I've literally just booked next day appointment £135. I dont care anymore, enough of waiting and looking at people applied way after me and way before me getting decisions.

Waited more than 5 months !

I will update here.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:00 pm

shahkb wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:57 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
iamawonder wrote:
Yash123 wrote:

I've literally just booked next day appointment £135. I dont care anymore, enough of waiting and looking at people applied way after me and way before me getting decisions.

I will update here.
Have you used idv app as well?

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:04 pm

Desiro wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:00 pm
shahkb wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:57 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
iamawonder wrote:

I will update here.
Have you used idv app as well?

Yes I have