ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Desiro
Belarus

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Desiro » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:18 pm

shahkb wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:04 pm
Desiro wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:00 pm
shahkb wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:57 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:07 pm

I am thinking of booking an appointment this minute... Really fed up of waiting as I might loose my confirmed place at uni this September...😭
I've literally just booked next day appointment £135. I dont care anymore, enough of waiting and looking at people applied way after me and way before me getting decisions.

Waited more than 5 months !

I will update here.
Have you used idv app as well?

Yes I have
I'm in similar situation, applied on 25.06, used idv app on 7.09, now consider booking an appointment on 12.09

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:25 pm

Desiro wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:18 pm
shahkb wrote:
Desiro wrote:
shahkb wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:57 pm

I've literally just booked next day appointment £135. I dont care anymore, enough of waiting and looking at people applied way after me and way before me getting decisions.

Waited more than 5 months !

I will update here.

Yes I have
I'm in similar situation, applied on 25.06, used idv app on 7.09, now consider booking an appointment on 12.09
I applied on 12th April so I waitied long time. Yours is June so you waited only 2 months or so. I wouldn't suggest you to waste your money unless its very very urgent.

The ball is in your court.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:40 pm

shahkb wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:25 pm
Desiro wrote:
shahkb wrote:
Desiro wrote:

Yes I have
I applied on 12th April so I waitied long time. Yours is June so you waited only 2 months or so. I wouldn't suggest you to waste your money unless its very very urgent.

similar to my timeline.... :idea:

typhoon476
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by typhoon476 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:50 pm
Since IDV app has rolled out; submitting your biometrics via IDV app OR UKVCAS in person route has nothing to do with your decision pace.

Your decision is based on your personal circumstances/case.
Every case is different and processed on its own merits.

HO carries out a number of enquires before a decision is made.

If someone is getting a decision quicker than others it has NOTHING to do with the route of biometrics submission, rather depends on individual case nature/enquiries.
I don't know why you keep repeating this Cullinan, while our observations have been quite the opposite. It seems in person biometric submissions are getting very fast results while there is only a handful of IDV submissions with results and most seem to have escalated through their MPs or through official complaint procedures.

Regarding speculation, since UKVCAS is adamant that they send our biometrics directly to UKVI immediately with submission, I can only guess that the bottleneck is on UKVI side. Why this could be? Maybe they need to retrain the case workers and haven't done this yet. Maybe they need Atlas system to be integrated with another 3rd party (Onfido or something?) so they are waiting for this? Who knows really. It's all smoke and mirrors as usual for the home office.

What you say should have been true, that is, to be fair, two people applying through app and in person should have same priority. In practice though this seems not to be the case.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:57 pm

shahkb wrote:
Desiro wrote:
shahkb wrote:
Desiro wrote:

Yes I have

It is urgent as this is tier2 extension that I need to be able to apply for set(0) ilr. How long have you been waiting since your idv app submission?

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:03 pm

typhoon476 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:55 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:50 pm
Since IDV app has rolled out; submitting your biometrics via IDV app OR UKVCAS in person route has nothing to do with your decision pace.

Your decision is based on your personal circumstances/case.
Every case is different and processed on its own merits.

HO carries out a number of enquires before a decision is made.

If someone is getting a decision quicker than others it has NOTHING to do with the route of biometrics submission, rather depends on individual case nature/enquiries.
I don't know why you keep repeating this Cullinan, while our observations have been quite the opposite. It seems in person biometric submissions are getting very fast results while there is only a handful of IDV submissions with results and most seem to have escalated through their MPs or through official complaint procedures.

Regarding speculation, since UKVCAS is adamant that they send our biometrics directly to UKVI immediately with submission, I can only guess that the bottleneck is on UKVI side. Why this could be? Maybe they need to retrain the case workers and haven't done this yet. Maybe they need Atlas system to be integrated with another 3rd party (Onfido or something?) so they are waiting for this? Who knows really. It's all smoke and mirrors as usual for the home office.

What you say should have been true, that is, to be fair, two people applying through app and in person should have same priority. In practice though this seems not to be the case.
Agreed completely.
It cannot be a coincidence that appointment people are getting decisions quickers; irrespective of what modertors/gurus say.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:08 pm

@typhoon476
I keep repeating this because some applicants like yourself have been very impatient.

The standard processing time, even pre-covid, was 6 months.

Luckily, post-covid applications are processed very quickly even when biometrics were delayed. So what is the complaint?

Before 6 months period ends, escalating or being impatient is beyond my understanding.

This topic is for biometrics appointments discussion ONLY and NOT to vent your frustrations/emotions/complaints OR argue why some applicants are getting decisions earlier than others. For the latter, you have UKVI & UKVCAS helpline.

I would urge the moderators to please delete ALL unrelated discussion on this topic before this goes off topic. Thank you.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Hamza127
Pakistan

Post by Hamza127 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi guys just had a few questions. I have received Idv app invite on September 8th, I was a july 14th applicant. After not receiving the inv on 7th sep, I took cullinans advice and dm’d ukvcas on Twitter. Now my Q’s are the following :
1) does it matter if I upload scans of my passport or brp for proof on the app or is it completly my choice ?
2) my brp expired on July 15th but I applied prior to that, so can I still submit my brp as proof.
3) If I do decide to upload passport pics, do I have to scan my entire passport, or only the 2 main pages
4) does the format matter, for example do pics have to be pdf.

Thanks in advance.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:22 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:08 pm
@typhoon476
I keep repeating this because some applicants like yourself have been very impatient.

Luckily, post-covid applications are processed very quickly even when biometrics were delayed. So what is the complaint?

Before 6 months period ends, escalating or being impatient is beyond my understanding.

This topic is for biometrics appointments discussion ONLY and NOT to vent your frustrations/emotions/complaints OR argue why some applicants are getting decisions earlier than others. For the latter, you have UKVI & UKVCAS helpline.

I would urge the moderators to please delete ALL unrelated discussion on this topic before this goes off topic. Thank you.
Thank you for your response.
Personally; I am okay to wait for my decision and be patient as 6 months are not up. Not an issue and against people who are looking to escalate without any reasonable condition.
@typhoon476; what I understood from his post is that he was stating the obvious. That was the applicants who went to appointments were getting their decisions quicker. It cannot be a coincidence and I am with typhoon476 in this.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:27 pm

Hamza127 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:21 pm
Hi guys just had a few questions. I have received Idv app invite on September 8th, I was a july 14th applicant. After not receiving the inv on 7th sep, I took cullinans advice and dm’d ukvcas on Twitter. Now my Q’s are the following :
1) does it matter if I upload scans of my passport or brp for proof on the app or is it completly my choice ?
2) my brp expired on July 15th but I applied prior to that, so can I still submit my brp as proof.
3) If I do decide to upload passport pics, do I have to scan my entire passport, or only the 2 main pages

Thanks in advance.
1) I uploaded current passport for proof of application and BRP for Proof of identity
2) Yes you can
3) It is recommended to scan the entire passport
4) pdf, jpeg, png less than 6MB are all acceptable

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:30 pm

Hamza127 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:21 pm

Thanks in advance.
1) For IDV, you have to take a photo of your travel document i.e. passport NOT BRP.
2) N/A
3) For IDV, only bio page with your photo on.
4) I hope you are not confusing your documents uploads with the IDV requirements.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:40 pm

Desiro wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:57 pm
shahkb wrote:
Desiro wrote:
shahkb wrote:

Yes I have

It is urgent as this is tier2 extension that I need to be able to apply for set(0) ilr. How long have you been waiting since your idv app submission?
ILR SET M. IDV app requirement submitted on 22nd August.

Call me impatient applicant, that will be wrong ! I waited 5 months. Had enough now so off to biomentric appointment tomorrow. Update to follow.

typhoon476
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by typhoon476 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:41 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:08 pm
@typhoon476

This topic is for biometrics, there is no topic for IDV separately, so what I am saying is not off-topic. To iterate, I'm only saying that you are misleading people at the moment. This may change in the future, but last few weeks have shown that IDV submissions are not getting results, apart from an odd few. I agree this is not how it should work, I'm just stating my observations (and many others' it seems).

I'm actually happy for applicants getting decisions earlier than others. This is how it should be. There is no argument about this.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:49 pm

@typhoon
To iterate, I'm only saying that you are misleading people at the moment
Probably you are misleading others advocating for biometrics in person and dual submissions.

I would reiterate; biometrics submission by whichever route, UKVCAS or IDV app has NO impact on decisions pace.

Simply, it means that the enquiries for that particular applicant are completed and handed over to the CW to make a decision.

Everyone has their own choice to make a decision for themselves though.
This topic is for biometrics, there is no topic for IDV separately, so what I am saying is not off-topic.
It seems in person biometric submissions are getting very fast results while there is only a handful of IDV submissions with results and most seem to have escalated through their MPs or through official complaint procedures.
Your last post was discussing decisions turnaround not IDV app.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:59 pm

For anyone getting a quicker decision: Simply, it means that the enquiries for that particular applicant are completed and handed over to the CW to make a decision.

typhoon476
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by typhoon476 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:49 pm
@typhoon

Probably you are misleading others advocating for biometrics in person and dual submissions.
I won't argue. I apologise to everyone for confusion.

vieve34
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by vieve34 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:27 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
iamawonder wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:00 pm
Yash123 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:52 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:06 pm
Happy to inform that I received my decision at an incredible speed after biometric. Timeline below:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1933836

Thanks to all for all the advice and sticking together in this uncertain situation. Hope they make a quick decision for all. This forum has helped me a lot and has been my only guiding light among all the ups and downs since the application. I have been through hope, despair, excitement, sadness, anger, anxiousness and last but not the least, a lots of patience :)
Special thanks to @Cullinan ! You are a rockstar! Cheers!
Congrats to you :)
Are there sufficient evidences that indicates in-person appointment results in faster decisions than IDV???
Thanks @Luluokis29, @krishnakumarg, @Toxic and @Yash123
Given the evidence so far, the physical appointments does seem a little faster but it's also probably related to the complexity of the case. My case was very straightforward ILR Set O application with 5 year T2G working for the same company. And luck definitely also plays a role.
Felt heartbroken to miss out on opt out and regretted that decision but then times changed! I decided to go for physical appointment hoping for a speedy decision just because I wanted to get better mortgage rates to be honest for my ongoing mortgage application.
IDV app does seem to be catching up though and people not in much hurry (if they can wait for 10-14 days) should definitely stick to IDV. It's free after all and saves the travel. Although it doesn't look like a lockdown will be put in place again but we never know so people making physical appointment should bear that in mind.
I am thinking of booking an appointment this minute... Really fed up of waiting as I might loose my confirmed place at uni this September...😭
Same here, I applied on the 19th may for Set M, ignorantly used the IDV app on the 26th and yet no decision yet. I am also resuming at Uni on the 14th of this month but hoping not to lose my place as registration is still in progress. It feels really drainng having to be in the unfortunate IDV queue, I literally spend all day refreshing my email box.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:30 pm

No intention to make anyone feel bad. Sorry if anything I said made anyone feel so.
This is a fast paced topic and I have tried my best to give my input but some members have had issues with my style of posts/or comments on the particular topic.
I voluntarily withdraw and will not post on this particular topic any further. Thank you and good luck all.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:07 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:30 pm
No intention to make anyone feel bad. Sorry if anything I said made anyone feel so.
This is a fast paced topic and I have tried my best to give my input but some members have had issues with my style of posts/or comments on the particular topic.
I voluntarily withdraw and will not post on this particular topic any further. Thank you and good luck all.
I request you to reconsider your decision. This forum needs your experience. “Volunteers like you do not necessarily have the time; they have the heart.” – Quote by Elizabeth Andrew. Thank you very much for your help with my questions.

Luluokis29
Mood:

Post by Luluokis29 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:18 pm

vieve34 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:27 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
iamawonder wrote:
Yash123 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:52 pm

Congrats to you :)
Are there sufficient evidences that indicates in-person appointment results in faster decisions than IDV???
Given the evidence so far, the physical appointments does seem a little faster but it's also probably related to the complexity of the case. My case was very straightforward ILR Set O application with 5 year T2G working for the same company. And luck definitely also plays a role.
Felt heartbroken to miss out on opt out and regretted that decision but then times changed! I decided to go for physical appointment hoping for a speedy decision just because I wanted to get better mortgage rates to be honest for my ongoing mortgage application.
IDV app does seem to be catching up though and people not in much hurry (if they can wait for 10-14 days) should definitely stick to IDV. It's free after all and saves the travel. Although it doesn't look like a lockdown will be put in place again but we never know so people making physical appointment should bear that in mind.
Same here, I applied on the 19th may for Set M, ignorantly used the IDV app on the 26th and yet no decision yet. I am also resuming at Uni on the 14th of this month but hoping not to lose my place as registration is still in progress. It feels really drainng having to be in the unfortunate IDV queue, I literally spend all day refreshing my email box.
At my wit's end after 5months plus of waiting!!!!

strong_and_stable

Post by strong_and_stable » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:47 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Honestly, I think you guys are both right, and it just needs a bit of context.

I attended an appointment and got a decision in under 2 working days. Clearly my case is very straightforward and the application had likely already been reviewed during the month-long wait for an IDV invite. Would I have got a result quite as quickly with the IDV app? Almost certainly not. How many IDV users have gotten a result that quick yet? The IDV verification takes an extra step, and UKVCAS have to contract and train at least several dozen staff to handle the 5000/day target. Don't get me wrong, it still would have been quick, but probably another few days or maybe several days.

If your application isn't as 'oven-ready' as mine, then no, it's probably not going to make a difference whether you IDV it or go to an appointment.

In the best case scenario, an appointment is a bit quicker. The chance to gain a few extra days was worth it to me for personal reasons. In all other scenarios, IDV and appointment are the same.

Anyway, the evidence is out there for people to make their own conclusions and do what they feel is right for them :)

Hamza127
Pakistan

Post by Hamza127 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:51 pm

Hey guys, I tried to submit my picture and do the liveness check on the app and it approves both the photo and liveness check but after it is done, it still says photo not completed. I don’t know what to do. Please help

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:24 pm

Hamza127 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:51 pm
Hey guys, I tried to submit my picture and do the liveness check on the app and it approves both the photo and liveness check but after it is done, it still says photo not completed. I don’t know what to do. Please help
message ukvcas on twitter tomorrow morning. They reply and help quickly.

daenyt
Mood:

Post by daenyt » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:04 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:18 pm
vieve34 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:27 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
iamawonder wrote:

At my wit's end after 5months plus of waiting!!!!
This is just unacceptable. Are they really telling us to wait 5 months of wait time for appointment/IDVapp and a further 6 month of decision time. So nearly a year of possible wait time? Is this a joke?

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:11 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
I'm a silent reader of this topic Cullinan, and although I'm not ILR but Tier 2 applicant I follow this thread because of how helpful people are and how much information is shared.

Almost everyone who interacts with you is grateful for your selfless help and your dedication to help. I have only read gratitude towards you (and iamwonder also, but since he got his decision he may not be as active anymore).

Almost everyone is grateful to your help and I have only read one person who disagreed with you why would you make such a harsh decision on basis of only 1 person who does not agree with you.

I reiterate, your help and posts are greatly valued and may Allah give you ajar for trying to help so many people in their time of distress.