ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremonies on 3rd July 2020

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bealtaine
Ireland

Re: Citizenship ceremonies on 3rd July 2020

Post by Bealtaine » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:24 am

I vaguely remember a gentleman posting approx 2 wks back about how he got his solicitor to to send in a letter re a judicial decision. The department wrote back requesting for approx 5 weeks for a decision. Might hear something at the end of this month or next month. Makes me wonder if they’re planning something in Nov. Whatever it is, I’m all que sera sera. Sure it’ll make life easier but everything in good time.

kalyna
Ukraine

Post by kalyna » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:39 am

twista wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:15 pm
I agree Christina. While the Department said it was only a pilot virtual ceremony, there was quite a bit of fanfare and media coverage of this. It would seem strange to hold off on rolling this out, particularly with virtual citizenship ceremonies rolled out in other countries like UK, US, Canada, Australia and considering that we don't know when physical ceremonies will happen again anytime soon. I think clarity about what they propose to do about it is needed.
I think the pilot and massive media coverage of it was done just for PR purpose - new minister needed small victories to make a name for herself and her team. They have met their obligations to those applicants who received invitations for the March ceremony and opted for the alternative ceremony promised in April. All the other applicants can wait apparently. It is still a mystery to me how they can ignore people who have got their approval in January and February and didn't get invitations for March ceremony and still waiting. Unfortunately, I think the virtual ceremony was a pure PR trick, it worked well; who is going to follow up on the development of the subject? Not a news anymore.
I was optimistic and thought they just need a little bit of an extra time to figure it out from the technical/security prospective, but I don't even know what to hope for now. Would anyone know if FOI be applicable for requesting the information about the decision on the running virtual ceremonies?

SeanDub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by SeanDub » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:49 am

@kalyna
FOI gives you the right to access personal records, running a ceremony is not personal to you.

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:12 pm

@Kaylna,

I think only possible to know the development, if someone approaches the TD and ask him to raise the question to the minister asking on the development of the virtual ceremony and not when the acrual ceremony will be. This will give us an idea if they are actually have made any developments to the virtual ceremony.

I think one of us has to approach the TD to ask on the virtual ceremony development

kalyna
Ukraine

Post by kalyna » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:38 pm

@ChristinaLeary

Unfortunately I don't have a TD to go to (I live in Northern Ireland). I will be looking into relatively alternative ways of getting information like sending emails to Minister for Justice office, filing FOI etc. It is so unfair that they keep us in a position that we need to nearly beg for a bit of an update.

twista
Ireland

Post by twista » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:00 pm

I think you are right. When they are asked a question, they respond to exactly what is asked it seems. Asking about when they expect any developments in relation to this or a timeline for their development of virtual ceremonies, they might provide more information. Perhaps ask your nearest TD when you lived in the State, or nearest to you?

Mimi2016
Tunisia

Post by Mimi2016 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:58 pm

I sent them a message last month, and this is what they told me.

Thank you for your email. Your documents have been received and you will be
scheduled to attend a future Citizenship Ceremony. There are no dates set
for any future Ceremonies yet.
The restrictions imposed due to the public healthcare crisis represented by
the COVID 19 pandemic resulted in the cancellation of the citizenship
ceremonies scheduled for July this year. Once the March ceremonies
finished, departmental staff started working on viable, alternative methods
of delivery for citizenship ceremonies which protect the safety and
wellbeing of candidates and staff while ensuring the event reflects the
dignity and solemnity appropriate to such a milestone event in our new
citizen’s lives. As soon as one has been announced it will appear on our
website
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizenship/ . This office will be
in touch with you in this regard in due course

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:56 pm

Well someone has to approach their TD or any TD via email or office to ask on the developments of virtual ceremony. If we won't ask, then i dont see any citizenship ceremoney happening for the next 2 years since Covid is not going away and large gatherings have to be avoided.

Anyone in the thread or on this forum willing to put their step forward for the cause?

SeanDub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by SeanDub » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:37 pm

@ChristinaLeary
Have you contacted your TD?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:29 pm

SeanDub wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:37 pm
@ChristinaLeary
Have you contacted your TD?
Nice one! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:37 pm

Why not to contact the Minister directly?
I have written to the Minister (not the one for J&E) on different subject in the past and they replied within a month.

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:26 pm

Yes i contacted the Fianna Fail Justice Spokesperson and didnt get any response. He just sent an email saying oHh i understand the delays are frustrating and thats it.

ailA2019
Ireland

Post by ailA2019 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:29 am

guys

We have to take a step ?

Due to Covid-19 safety guidelines, there are no Protests or gatherings, so I know this never really works but suggest to petition on the internet. Could be that on change.org website then all of us can sign and share with all TD and minister, organizations, all Parties . The least it will do is show how many people care.

Otherwise, they will keep ignoring us.

Pakistan

Post by 5121472 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:15 am

ailA2019 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:29 am
guys

We have to take a step ?

Due to Covid-19 safety guidelines, there are no Protests or gatherings, so I know this never really works but suggest to petition on the internet. Could be that on change.org website then all of us can sign and share with all TD and minister, organizations, all Parties . The least it will do is show how many people care.

Otherwise, they will keep ignoring us.
Fully agreed. Count me in.

ChristinaLeary
Turkey

Post by ChristinaLeary » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:40 am

We have to stand united.mocking each other wont work just like in one of the last post, 2 of my indian fellows tried to mock me asking have you approached your TD and etc.

If you are starting a petition can you share the link over here too and we can all sign the petition.

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:05 am

ChristinaLeary wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:40 am
We have to stand united.mocking each other wont work just like in one of the last post, 2 of my indian fellows tried to mock me asking have you approached your TD and etc.

If you are starting a petition can you share the link over here too and we can all sign the petition.
Hi Christina,

If you don’t mind my asking, how is it mocking at you if someone asks if you’ve approached a TD? No conflict of interest here- just curious on how it errs on mocking.

Hope you and your loved ones are well and safe. xx

kalyna
Ukraine

Post by kalyna » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:56 am

Just received a reply to one of my emails to ISD asking for updates on the next ceremony. There is a slight difference in their usual copy-paste reply this time:
"A review of the pilot is underway and consideration of that review is now in its final stages.", and
"A decision on how to proceed is due to be made shortly.".
I wouldn't hold my breath for their "shortly" and "final stage" or any positive outcome of that review, but it gives me a slight hope they are gonna do something.
I do like the idea of the petition and thank you to those who took their time to approach TDs. Am I right they can ask questions on Tuesday Dáil debates?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:47 am

ChristinaLeary wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:40 am
No one is "mocking" you. No need to be so hypersensitive. When you ask others to take action on something you'd expect to be called out and asked what have you done about it so far. It's basics like.

Captainf
Afghanistan

Post by Captainf » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:53 pm

The pilot virtual Citizenship Ceremony that took place on 10 July 2020, involved 21 applicants. A review of the pilot is underway and consideration of that review is now in its final stages.

A critical consideration is the protection of the welfare and safety of the participants and the general public. It is also essential that any arrangements put in place ensure that the event is held with an appropriate degree of dignity and solemnity, as befits an event of such importance in the lives of our newest citizens. A decision on how to proceed is due to be made shortly.

It is intended that large scale ceremonies will recommence once circumstances allow.

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:15 pm

Last post from kalyna and Captainf makes me hopeful suggest that they will announce smth within months.

I have noticed there is Citizenship fee on online portal with ability to upload passport photo and specify certificate from ceremony.

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:28 pm

Captainf wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:53 pm
The pilot virtual Citizenship Ceremony that took place on 10 July 2020, involved 21 applicants. A review of the pilot is underway and consideration of that review is now in its final stages.

A critical consideration is the protection of the welfare and safety of the participants and the general public. It is also essential that any arrangements put in place ensure that the event is held with an appropriate degree of dignity and solemnity, as befits an event of such importance in the lives of our newest citizens. A decision on how to proceed is due to be made shortly.

It is intended that large scale ceremonies will recommence once circumstances allow.
Thank you. https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizen ... es-update/

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:42 pm

Stanina wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:15 pm
Last post from kalyna and Captainf makes me hopeful suggest that they will announce smth within months.

I have noticed there is Citizenship fee on online portal with ability to upload passport photo and specify certificate from ceremony.
That’s fantastic news! How did you manage to get to that? Could you please share the link? :)

Wow90
Ireland

Post by Wow90 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:05 pm

Bealtaine wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:42 pm
Stanina wrote:

That’s fantastic news! How did you manage to get to that? Could you please share the link? :)
It's the same one as when you renew your irp. That's why I think the ceremonies are definitely happening this year. Cause they keep updating it. Each person will be part of a group so that means that they plan to do it in large scale

Stanina
Ireland

Post by Stanina » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:45 pm

Wow90 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:05 pm
Bealtaine wrote:
Stanina wrote:
It's the same one as when you renew your irp. That's why I think the ceremonies are definitely happening this year. Cause they keep updating it. Each person will be part of a group so that means that they plan to do it in large scale
It is on https://inisonline.jahs.ie/ Last option at the bottom.
Not sure how long it is there. It was not few week ago.

Shell90
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Shell90 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:24 pm

Stanina wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:45 pm
Wow90 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:05 pm
Bealtaine wrote:
Stanina wrote:
It is on https://inisonline.jahs.ie/ Last option at the bottom.
Not sure how long it is there. It was not few week ago.

That option always there from the day one ..i submitted my IRP card on 12th july and that option was there...