ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:43 pm

Guggi wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:29 pm
Wow thanks then why isn't coming up with solicitor , i doubt they would be misleading me i have known them for a while, and have confirmed everything is ready and uploaded. Can this be the case they have opened for certain category or maybe the solicitor is using same email and password for other clients as well, because in email i received to use IDV clearly states "you can book appointment on website"

Kind Regards
There are problems reported with applications submitted via solicitors. I am not sure why they can not see the availability. Maybe they are waiting for FREE appointments.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:43 pm
Guggi wrote:
Wow thanks then why isn't coming up with solicitor , i doubt they would be misleading me i have known them for a while, and have confirmed everything is ready and uploaded. Can this be the case they have opened for certain category or maybe the solicitor is using same email and password for other clients as well, because in email i received to use IDV clearly states "you can book appointment on website"

Kind Regards
There are problems reported with applications submitted via solicitors. I am not sure why they can not see the availability. Maybe they are waiting for FREE appointments.

I have told them clearly, i am not looking for free appointments and i do not mind paying.
But yea you are right one need to have excess with themselves at least you get satisfaction.
I feel bad as well calling them up everyday :( but i know something is not right from their side and why they cant see appointments.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:58 pm

@guggi

The best approach all solicitors could/should use is giving access for the UKVCAS system to applicants. There are a couple of applicants who reported getting access from their solicitors.
Booking an appointment with UKVCAS
For those of you who need to book an appointment, we have opened the appointments in our booking system up to 4 October 2020. Please note, free appointments tend to be booked very quickly.
- UKVCAS
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:02 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:58 pm
@guggi

The best approach all solicitors could/should use is giving access for the UKVCAS system to applicants. There are a couple of applicants who reported getting access from their solicitors.
Thank you i will keep you posted, but i doubt they will share credentials

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:11 pm

I have sbumitted my application through the idv app, can i book an appointement ?

damWills1984
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by damWills1984 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:16 pm

Guggi wrote:

Kind Regards
Make sure they use CR9 2ER as the postcode while searching, Landsdown is then the 3rd option in the list. If they use a Windsor postcode it might appear down the list so solicitors might be giving up before selecting it. Only thing I can think of that might be happening. GL

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:18 pm

User3221 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:11 pm
I have sbumitted my application through the idv app, can i book an appointement ?
Yes if you wish.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:22 pm

damWills1984 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:16 pm
Guggi wrote:

Kind Regards
Make sure they use CR9 2ER as the postcode while searching, Landsdown is then the 3rd option in the list. If they use a Windsor postcode it might appear down the list so solicitors might be giving up before selecting it. Only thing I can think of that might be happening. GL
Thank you so much for advise, i will keep that in mind when i speak to them in next hour.
Appreciate everyones input

Kind Regards

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:24 pm

shahkb wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:40 pm
Desiro wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:57 pm
shahkb wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:25 pm
Desiro wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:18 pm

I'm in similar situation, applied on 25.06, used idv app on 7.09, now consider booking an appointment on 12.09
I applied on 12th April so I waitied long time. Yours is June so you waited only 2 months or so. I wouldn't suggest you to waste your money unless its very very urgent.

The ball is in your court.
It is urgent as this is tier2 extension that I need to be able to apply for set(0) ilr. How long have you been waiting since your idv app submission?
ILR SET M. IDV app requirement submitted on 22nd August.

Call me impatient applicant, that will be wrong ! I waited 5 months. Had enough now so off to biomentric appointment tomorrow. Update to follow.
Just booked a biometrics appointment in Peterborough on 12.09 (also used app on 7.9, but want to speed up the things as much as possible). What documents are required for in person submission? In my case it is tier2 extension, I sent bank account slips and police certificate in early july to ukvi, do I have to provide them to ukvcas again?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:26 pm

@desiro

Passport, appointment booking confirmation and ALL “originals” just in case if any scan needs to be redone. No need to carry anything else.

Anlin
Newly Registered

Post by Anlin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:36 pm

I have been following this forum for a while now and it greatly assisted me with the application process. My timeline is as below;

ILR (Set) M
Submitted Application: June 8th
Payment taken: June 8th
Received Email notifying me as eligible for biometric re-use: August 1st
Email Invitation to Submit Photo via IDV App: August 27th
Submitted biometrics at UKVCAS centre: September 2nd (decided to attend an appointment rather use IDV app)
Approval Email received: Sept 10th
BRP Card: Waiting

Goodluck to all applicants on this forum and thanks especially to the forum moderators.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:38 pm

Anyone who applied on/after 28th August. This maybe helpful.

Just so you know. Once you pay and submit, you will have to wait for your biometrics turn. UKVCAS appointment system is only open up to applications made before 28th Aug.
Your date of application is the date you pay and submit online.

Make sure to register an account on UKVCAS also after you pay and submit.

You will have an option to upload and submit your documents to UKVI even before biometrics via UKVCAS document upload page.

Then, you have to wait for next steps via your registered email; either to book an appointment OR you will be chosen to reuse your biometrics and eligible to use IDV app.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:52 pm

Yes, I am one of those unfortunate ones to have applied on 29th August. Unfortunate as in UKVI chose 28th as a cut-off date for August rather than 31st :?
Was shocked to see user 'Jubilatedeo' booked biometrics though he/she submitted application on 29th August

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 4-200.html
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:59 pm

Guggi wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:02 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:58 pm
@guggi

Thank you i will keep you posted, but i doubt they will share credentials
I will be submitting my ILR application (Set O) soon. Have a company Immigration advisor but I have filled the application myself. Payment + Submission will be done by the solicitor. Are you guys talking about the access to this as I have used my own email address for this or you talking about further access that lets the applicant book appointments and submit documents?

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:01 pm

Many thanks CULLINAN and welcome back. We are all grateful that you did 🙏.

I hope there will be some updates at UKVCAS by today or even by 14/09 for 28 August onward applicants.
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:38 pm
Anyone who applied on/after 28th August. This maybe helpful.

Just so you know. Once you pay and submit, you will have to wait for your biometrics turn. UKVCAS appointment system is only open up to applications made before 28th Aug.
Your date of application is the date you pay and submit online.

Make sure to register an account on UKVCAS also after you pay and submit.

You will have an option to upload and submit your documents to UKVI even before biometrics via UKVCAS document upload page.

Then, you have to wait for next steps via your registered email; either to book an appointment OR you will be chosen to reuse your biometrics and eligible to use IDV app.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

NNHidayah
Newly Registered

Post by NNHidayah » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:51 pm
NNHidayah wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:50 pm
I sent two separate emails to both CIH and UKVCAS in the past 3 weeks requesting help in processing the application due to an urgent need to do an urgent operation in my home country.
The visa processing is done by UKVI not UKVCAS. You may want to consider writing a cover letter with medical emergency evidence and send to the correct UKVI department. That may help expedite your case. Good luck
Many thanks Culinan, I applied through ILR SET(O) on the basis of 5 years working visa. Could you please inform me what the relevant UKVI email? Your help is very much appreciated

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:06 pm

@gag285
I will be submitting my ILR application (Set O) soon. Have a company Immigration advisor but I have filled the application myself. Payment + Submission will be done by the solicitor. Are you guys talking about the access to this as I have used my own email address for this or you talking about further access that lets the applicant book appointments and submit documents?
If you have used your own email address for UKVI registration, use the same for your UKVCAS registration also. You will get all correspondence via email sent to you then regarding biometrics/next steps/approval email.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:07 pm

Ameline wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:01 pm
Many thanks CULLINAN and welcome back. We are all grateful that you did 🙏.

I hope there will be some updates at UKVCAS by today or even by 14/09 for 28 August onward applicants.
Thank you 🙏
Hope so.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:09 pm

@NNHidayah
Many thanks Culinan, I applied through ILR SET(O) on the basis of 5 years working visa. Could you please inform me what the relevant UKVI email? Your help is very much appreciated
Tier 2 applicants who have received the approval email can you please mention the address where the application is processed for the OP?
The address will be on top of your approval letter.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:12 pm

NNHidayah wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:05 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:51 pm
NNHidayah wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:50 pm
I sent two separate emails to both CIH and UKVCAS in the past 3 weeks requesting help in processing the application due to an urgent need to do an urgent operation in my home country.
The visa processing is done by UKVI not UKVCAS. You may want to consider writing a cover letter with medical emergency evidence and send to the correct UKVI department. That may help expedite your case. Good luck
Any particular reason you cannot simply email the caseworker on the email you sent your documents to???

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1916109
NNHidayah wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:54 pm
NNHidayah wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:05 pm
Timeline my our application (ILR-SET(O) with 5 dependants

Applied for ILR Route : SET(O) with 5 dependants (spouse and 4 children)
Date application sent : 19 June 2020
Document received by HO : Received an email from case officer on 24 June 2020 to send the required documents. I sent the documents on the same day
Ack letter received (if applicable) : Received email that visa is automatically extended on 27 June 2020
Biometric Reuse Letter received : Received confirmation for biometric reuse on 23 July 2020
Date Facial Image Submission : Awaiting
Approval Received : Awaiting
BRP Card Received : Awaiting

We had our last biometric for our current visa in July 2019.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:14 pm

Thanks CR001. Yes the CW email is the best point of contact for user NNHidayah.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:06 pm
@gag285
If you have used your own email address for UKVI registration, use the same for your UKVCAS registration also. You will get all correspondence via email sent to you then regarding biometrics/next steps/approval email.
Thanks. I think I have a UKVCAS account from previous applications for my dependents.

mustafa23
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by mustafa23 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:32 pm

Hi I sent my photo's from ukvcas idv app 27 oh August I bought a ticket 29 of September ;do u think I will receive my brp card or do I need to cancel my fly thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:32 pm

@gag285
Thanks. I think I have a UKVCAS account from previous applications for my dependents.
If you have a previous UKVCAS account, sometimes it does not sign in as it can not be linked to your new application.

If you get any error:
Press the “forget password link” on UKVCAS, you will get a new code sent via email and sign in accordingly. Just a heads up.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:34 pm

mustafa23 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:32 pm
Hi I sent my photo's from ukvcas idv app 27 oh August I bought a ticket 29 of September ;do u think I will receive my brp card or do I need to cancel my fly thank you
No one can really tell when your decision will be made. BRP usually takes 7-10 working days after approval.