ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

snooky
United Kingdom

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by snooky » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:23 pm

@those that are refused based on

has never made an application under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules or any other Article 8 ECHR claim, where that avenue is available; has been refused under Appendix FM or Article 8

ECHR but their circumstances have changed since the decision was made – for example, the applicant applied on the basis of their relationship with a British spouse, but the couple now have a British child.

Where a person wishes to remain in the UK on basis of family life with a British citizen , they can make an application for leave to remain under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules. A derivative right to reside is a right of last restort which only applies if a person has no other means to remain lawfully in the UK.

There is significant overlap with the right to respect for private and family life which is protected by Article 8 of European Convention of Human Right (ECHR).

Please don't be worried and afraid. HO gives you Regulation 36 appeal because they actually know that the refusal precludes your British child and it not in accordance of EEA EU law.

They are playing Russian roulette with you guys and they certainly knows only few will have the balls to take them on.

I have provided you with all that you need to challenge the HO.

They don't come to court when you are refused under regulation 36.

Please read over old posts by members to give you confidence and right tools.

As you are seeing, getting closer to the end of the transitional period and the 16 December 2019 Patel vs SSHD supreme court ruling, which has open the way for people to do Zambrano, HO now keeps denying people to get EEA application forms.

I have said to you that your right is under EEA before EUSS.

Fight them through your EEA Drf1 and EUSS will be a done deal.

Another thing which I will re-mention, HO has no right to choose for any one either to do eu stay or domestic one.

This what judge Neville said 30 January 2020,

As such, the Respondent’s guidance (and their application of their guidance) erred in law as it is predicated on testing whether the TCN is being compelled to leave the EU, rather than testing what would happen if he or she were so compelled.

I have posted all these before. So please do not be frightened

forney
Belize

Post by forney » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:31 pm

Nyamebeye wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:37 pm
Hi All,
I have been holding off but I think it is time for me to chip in here. I have been on this forum (in general) for over 7 years now and have found it very useful. I just want to point out that there is a very good reason why the forum policy does not allow people to share their details. We are all strangers, some people here on this forum have various professionals including some being legal advisers in practice. Others may have difficulties even reading and understanding what they have read, that is fine. One fact is that many people by their very nature like to blame people for everything that goes wrong in their lives. When people give advice and guidance here, no one is obliged to take it, for reasons I have mentioned above; if it goes wrong, it will that person's fault. Snooky has done his bit, others are still helping here. I must admit I find some of the advice here quite forceful in its nature. I know contributors here are not lawyers (some may be) but one characteristic of a good lawyer or an adviser is that they give the options available to you and make you make the decision. The good ones will go on to say, let a lawyer help you with this case. They don't say, 'let me help you with this case' . Saying so allows you to choose to go to another lawyer if you want to or decide to give the case to them.
The point I want to make is that people come here very desperate seeking for advice, guidance etc. and in their desperation, becomes highly vulnerable. Please take a moment to look at any advice in detail before jumping for it. It may not be for you. Each person's case is different.
Pls don't blame people. If they have made their contribution and don't want to do so any longer, allow them to move on. Its their right. Pls stop begging people and making them feel guilty.
And to all members, please if you want to leave, just leave quietly, no need to announce what will be your last post, comment, advice etc. You have no idea what those messages do to vulnerable people. Any one fighting immigration issues becomes highly emotionally vulnerable and doesn't need any added pressure. It only causes confusion. I feel people need to know how others are impacted by their actions.
Thank you.
I don't think it is a good idea to leave without letting people know. People will ask for help. If they received silence, that will be stressful for them.

forney
Belize

Post by forney » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:34 pm

lida56 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:22 pm
Dear Ferney
Many thanks for your prompt and helpful reply. Please also let me if I can send a pre-action protocol letter to the HO now, before a decision is made and before writing to PHSO? I already have send my second complaint and also another to complaint review in HO and am waiting to hear from them in order to send th PHSO. I really appreciate your helpful advise and wish all the best.
Dear Lida, You are welcome. Yes, you should send the pre-action protocol now. The PHSO can ask the Home Office why they took so long. The PHSO can award you compensation, or ask the Home Office to issue an apology. All the best to you and yours.

forney
Belize

Post by forney » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:47 pm

forney wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:34 pm
lida56 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:22 pm
Dear Ferney
Many thanks for your prompt and helpful reply. Please also let me if I can send a pre-action protocol letter to the HO now, before a decision is made and before writing to PHSO? I already have send my second complaint and also another to complaint review in HO and am waiting to hear from them in order to send th PHSO. I really appreciate your helpful advise and wish all the best.
Dear Lida, You are welcome. Yes, you should send the pre-action protocol now. The PHSO can ask the Home Office why they took so long. The PHSO can award you compensation, or ask the Home Office to issue an apology. All the best to you and yours.
Hi again Lida, I forgot to mention. The refusal you mention is not a normal refusal. It is the Home Office telling you to use the domestic route. That is not the end of the world for everyone. If you think about it, switching to the domestic route will still allow you to become a British citizen, eventually. It will cost a lot of money but so will going to court. Based on the refusal letter, you seem like you have a really good chance of being accepted for LTR. If you do not want to become a British citizen, or do not want to spend the next 5 or 10 years living in the UK, then it may make sense to challenge the decision. My point is that your refusal letter is not a deportation letter, so you should consider what it would mean for you to do what they suggest. Would it really be that bad? In summary, if the Home Office tells you to go left, to get British citizenship, go left if you can. Otherwise, go to court. Cheers.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:49 pm

@Second Part of Today's Post (@those that are refused based on)

Judge’s conclusions

The First Tier Tribunal Judge made the following findings in allowing the appeal:

Having regard to the totality of evidence, there was no dispute/challenge in the refusal decision that both Appellants are joint primary carers of a British citizen child.

There was no dispute that the British Citizen child is residing in the United Kingdom.

Furthermore, there was no dispute that the British Citizen child would not be able to continue to reside in the United Kingdom or in another EEA state if the Appellants left the United Kingdom for an indefinite period.

Accordingly, the Judge was satisfied that the Appellants met the criteria under Regulation 16(5) of the EEA Regulations.

The Judge stated that the Policy relied upon by the Secretary of State does not appear to be accurate in law. It does not represent a true reflection of the Court of Appeal judgement.

This conclusion is also apparent from the subsequent Supreme Court consideration of the case.
The Judge concluded that the reality was the Appellants made an application under the EEA Regulations and on the evidence before the Tribunal, they met the criteria under Regulation 16(5)of the EEA Regulations. As such they were entitled to succeed in their appeal under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016.

All these are with you already

Sebel
Cameroon

Post by Sebel » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:30 pm

snooky wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:49 pm

Judge’s conclusions

The First Tier Tribunal Judge made the following findings in allowing the appeal:

Having regard to the totality of evidence, there was no dispute/challenge in the refusal decision that both Appellants are joint primary carers of a British citizen child.

There was no dispute that the British Citizen child is residing in the United Kingdom.

Furthermore, there was no dispute that the British Citizen child would not be able to continue to reside in the United Kingdom or in another EEA state if the Appellants left the United Kingdom for an indefinite period.

Accordingly, the Judge was satisfied that the Appellants met the criteria under Regulation 16(5) of the EEA Regulations.

The Judge stated that the Policy relied upon by the Secretary of State does not appear to be accurate in law. It does not represent a true reflection of the Court of Appeal judgement.

This conclusion is also apparent from the subsequent Supreme Court consideration of the case.
The Judge concluded that the reality was the Appellants made an application under the EEA Regulations and on the evidence before the Tribunal, they met the criteria under Regulation 16(5)of the EEA Regulations. As such they were entitled to succeed in their appeal under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Sebel
Cameroon

Post by Sebel » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:35 pm

Nyamebeye wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:37 pm
Hi All,
I have been holding off but I think it is time for me to chip in here. I have been on this forum (in general) for over 7 years now and have found it very useful. I just want to point out that there is a very good reason why the forum policy does not allow people to share their details. We are all strangers, some people here on this forum have various professionals including some being legal advisers in practice. Others may have difficulties even reading and understanding what they have read, that is fine. One fact is that many people by their very nature like to blame people for everything that goes wrong in their lives. When people give advice and guidance here, no one is obliged to take it, for reasons I have mentioned above; if it goes wrong, it will that person's fault. Snooky has done his bit, others are still helping here. I must admit I find some of the advice here quite forceful in its nature. I know contributors here are not lawyers (some may be) but one characteristic of a good lawyer or an adviser is that they give the options available to you and make you make the decision. The good ones will go on to say, let a lawyer help you with this case. They don't say, 'let me help you with this case' . Saying so allows you to choose to go to another lawyer if you want to or decide to give the case to them.
The point I want to make is that people come here very desperate seeking for advice, guidance etc. and in their desperation, becomes highly vulnerable. Please take a moment to look at any advice in detail before jumping for it. It may not be for you. Each person's case is different.
Pls don't blame people. If they have made their contribution and don't want to do so any longer, allow them to move on. Its their right. Pls stop begging people and making them feel guilty.
And to all members, please if you want to leave, just leave quietly, no need to announce what will be your last post, comment, advice etc. You have no idea what those messages do to vulnerable people. Any one fighting immigration issues becomes highly emotionally vulnerable and doesn't need any added pressure. It only causes confusion. I feel people need to know how others are impacted by their actions.
Thank you.
Wowow, such a brilliant write up. Thank you guys so much for helping. Can't thank @snooky, foeney,Ist, luluby,etc and many for their great contributions.

@Nyamebeye, the reasons some of us are here, is to safe cash and avoid falling into some scam of solicitors out there. What some of us have hone through, you will never imagine.
Thanks so much and thank you @snooky from listening to the voice of God. Alutta

lida56
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lida56 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:40 pm

Hi forney, a bit confused by your last post to me. Please not I've not received the HO decision on my EU settlement after one and half yeas yet. Also, As I mentioned currently I do not stay in the UK, and it is another problem. At the moment should I only challenge the HO for the excessive delay for making a decision and ignoring my son health condition, worsening due to the pandemic. I, therefore, as you advised, proceed to prepare the pre-action protocol letter while waiting for reply of my second complaint in order to write to PHSO?

forney
Belize

Post by forney » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:57 pm

lida56 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:40 pm
Hi forney, a bit confused by your last post to me. Please not I've not received the HO decision on my EU settlement after one and half yeas yet. Also, As I mentioned currently I do not stay in the UK, and it is another problem. At the moment should I only challenge the HO for the excessive delay for making a decision and ignoring my son health condition, worsening due to the pandemic. I, therefore, as you advised, proceed to prepare the pre-action protocol letter while waiting for reply of my second complaint in order to write to PHSO?
Hi Lida,

I am sorry. I thought you filed two applications. I thought you were saying you received a refusal on an EEA application but that you have not received a response on the Zambrano application. I think you are actually saying you have only filed one application, and you have not received a response on the one application.

The pre action protocol is to ask the Home Office for a decision on your Zambrano/EEA application. You are asking the Home Office to make a decision within 7 days or you will file a legal claim. The claim will ask for expedition. Are you saying you would not be allowed into the UK if you wanted to return?

forney
Belize

Post by forney » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:03 pm

forney wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:57 pm
lida56 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:40 pm
Hi Lida,

I am sorry. I thought you filed two applications. I thought you were saying you received a refusal on an EEA application but that you have not received a response on the Zambrano application. I think you are actually saying you have only filed one application, and you have not received a response on the one application.

The pre action protocol is to ask the Home Office for a decision on your Zambrano/EEA application. You are asking the Home Office to make a decision within 7 days or you will file a legal claim. The claim will ask for expedition. Are you saying you would not be allowed into the UK if you wanted to return?
I read your original post again. Are you European? Is your child British? Is your child European? Do you consider yourself to be a Zambrano carer? If your child is British and in the UK, but you are not in the UK, I don't understand how you could be a Zambrano carer?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:20 pm

forney wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:03 pm
I read your original post again. Are you European? Is your child British? Is your child European? Do you consider yourself to be a Zambrano carer? If your child is British and in the UK, but you are not in the UK, I don't understand how you could be a Zambrano carer?
An adult son too.
lida56 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:21 pm
Hi everybody,
Hope you are all keeping well through these unusual times. I am a new participant but have been following the trend from the beginning Topsiblle started last year. I applied for Eu settlement paper application in June last year. I'm a non EU carer of my adult son who suffers from a mental disability. I submitted my paper application in June and did my bio metric subsequently. Later in last November, I had to leave the UK due to an emergency situation in my family in my home country. In February the HO requested for further fresh documents which I sent them, and still waiting desperately for over one and half years! I made a complaint in late July which was replied in August and was partially upheld, and I was advised that my application was with a senior case worker for a review but they can not tell a timeline for a decision. Shall I still wait, there is just little time left and I can not even to acquire a visit visa to travel to the UK in order to apply again. Can anyone kindly show be a resort. forney any guidance from you is greatly appreciated. I'm so hopeless and desperate and my son is so alone and helpless there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

forney
Belize

Post by forney » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:20 pm
forney wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:03 pm
An adult son too.
lida56 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:21 pm
Hi everybody,
Hope you are all keeping well through these unusual times. I am a new participant but have been following the trend from the beginning Topsiblle started last year. I applied for Eu settlement paper application in June last year. I'm a non EU carer of my adult son who suffers from a mental disability. I submitted my paper application in June and did my bio metric subsequently. Later in last November, I had to leave the UK due to an emergency situation in my family in my home country. In February the HO requested for further fresh documents which I sent them, and still waiting desperately for over one and half years! I made a complaint in late July which was replied in August and was partially upheld, and I was advised that my application was with a senior case worker for a review but they can not tell a timeline for a decision. Shall I still wait, there is just little time left and I can not even to acquire a visit visa to travel to the UK in order to apply again. Can anyone kindly show be a resort. forney any guidance from you is greatly appreciated. I'm so hopeless and desperate and my son is so alone and helpless there.
Lida, the main priority seems to be to get a decision. A pre action protocol can help with that. Once you get the decision, you can decide what to do, based on what the acceptance or refusal letter says. Either way, I think they owe you an apology for keeping you in limbo for so long. The PHSO can help with that. Best of luck!

lida56
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lida56 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:11 pm

Hi CR001, forney ,
My son is a British citizen adult, living in the UK. I'm a single mother and for years I frequently traveled to the UK on visit visas to take care of him, due to his mental problems (autism) he needs my care and is so dependent to me emotionally and physically. Once, I applied for DRC which took one year to be decided which was refused simply because I did not send them my son original birth certificate. Later to enter the UK my visit visa was refused, but my appeal was allowed, when in the UK I applied for the EU settlement and still waiting in limbo. As you kindly advised the only resort is to send the PAP letter to the HO and then write to PHSO, though it takes ages while my son health condition is getting worse. Yes, a real tragedy as forney said. Thanks for your attention and advice again.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:47 pm

lida56 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:11 pm
Hi CR001, forney ,
My son is a British citizen adult, living in the UK. I'm a single mother and for years I frequently traveled to the UK on visit visas to take care of him, due to his mental problems (autism) he needs my care and is so dependent to me emotionally and physically. Once, I applied for DRC which took one year to be decided which was refused simply because I did not send them my son original birth certificate. Later to enter the UK my visit visa was refused, but my appeal was allowed, when in the UK I applied for the EU settlement and still waiting in limbo. As you kindly advised the only resort is to send the PAP letter to the HO and then write to PHSO, though it takes ages while my son health condition is getting worse. Yes, a real tragedy as forney said. Thanks for your attention and advice again.
Hi Lida56, which appeal did you say was allowed?.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:53 pm

The difference is clear. To err is human, to forgive is divine.....

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:56 pm

Caseyd wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:48 pm
No, sorry I meant to say I sent a fresh application und Eusettlement agn, coz the other I didn't have right if appeal, I will be renewing my LTR on the 20 of the month

I am a lady ☺️
Please don’t mind me. Confused.com

forney
Belize

Post by forney » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:31 am

lida56 wrote:
Hi CR001, forney ,
Hi Lida, Thanks for explaining. If you need to enter the UK, and they are refusing to let you enter, that seems to be a separate issue. I do not know enough about visa refusals, but it seems there are three options available: (1) re-apply (2) appeal, or (3) pursue a Judicial Review. You may want to apply for a visitor's visa again. If they refuse you again, perhaps appeal the refusal on human rights grounds. Otherwise, you can file a judicial review or JR. A JR must be lodged within 3 months of the refusal decision.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:38 am

ojoke2020 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:11 pm
Hi everyone,
Hope you're all good. I'm a new participant on this platform but I've been following the trends for a long while now. Please I need your kind help about my derivative application that has just been refused and received today. I made an application on EU Settlement Scheme last year September which is still ongoing but put in a derivative application based on @Snooky's advice that it helps in getting positive decision July 2020. I received the derivative decision refused today but my EU Scheme has not been decided on (It's exactly a year I applied for that this September).

Please I need help on the right and quick steps to follow for my appeal. I have just 11 days to go as the letter read from the date the decision was sent (7th Sept., 2020).
@Ngoo, @Snooky, @IST, @Mubashir1981, @lulubaby just to mention few.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!
Thank you in advance.
Sorry about your refusal. What was the reason on the refusal letter?.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:43 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:38 am
ojoke2020 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:11 pm
Hi everyone,
Hope you're all good. I'm a new participant on this platform but I've been following the trends for a long while now. Please I need your kind help about my derivative application that has just been refused and received today. I made an application on EU Settlement Scheme last year September which is still ongoing but put in a derivative application based on @Snooky's advice that it helps in getting positive decision July 2020. I received the derivative decision refused today but my EU Scheme has not been decided on (It's exactly a year I applied for that this September).

Please I need help on the right and quick steps to follow for my appeal. I have just 11 days to go as the letter read from the date the decision was sent (7th Sept., 2020).
@Ngoo, @Snooky, @IST, @Mubashir1981, @lulubaby just to mention few.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!
Thank you in advance.
Sorry about your refusal. What was the reason on the refusal letter?.
Sorry, I just saw your reply to IST. Just like IST said, you are better off appealing the refusal. Go through those pages he showed you. Good-luck.

ravindra121
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ravindra121 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:54 am

snooky wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:49 pm

Judge’s conclusions

Hi snooky
can you please provide the case no

ravindra121
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ravindra121 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:58 am

My application been refused, i need you guys advise specially snooky's. including letter format will be much helpful. buy i am not in UK anymore. I came to SL while my application pending. but decision been taken to refuse my application.

Reasons why your application has been refused

We have considered whether you meet the requirements for settled status (also known as indefinite leave to enter or remain) or pre-settled status (also known as limited leave to enter or remain) under the EU Settlement Scheme. Unfortunately, based on the information and evidence provided or otherwise available, and for the reasons set out in this letter, you do not meet the requirements.

To qualify under the scheme you need to meet the requirements that are set out in Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. You can find out more about the requirements here w w w. go v. u k / se t t l e d - st a t u s- e u - ci ti ze n s- f a m i l i es/ e l igi b i l i t y.

You have applied to the EU Settlement Scheme as the primary carer of a British citizen in the UK. Your application has been refused because the information available to us does not show that you are a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ on this basis.

To qualify for settled or pre-settled status as a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’, you must have a right to reside in the UK because you meet the

relevant requirements in the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 (‘the EEA Regulations’). As you state that you are the primary carer of a British citizen, it is regulation 16(5) that is relevant in your circumstances. However, we are not satisfied that you meet the requirements of regulation 16(5) because you have not demonstrated that XXXXXXXXXX would be unable to remain in the UK if you left the UK for an indefinite period.

You can only be considered a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ where XXXXXXXXXX would be unable to reside in the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA) if you were required to leave the UK for an indefinite period.

In order to demonstrate that XXXXXXXXXXXX would be unable to reside in the UK or EEA if you left the UK for an indefinite period, you must be able to show that you would be required to leave the UK as you had no other means to remain lawfully in the UK as his primary carer.

An EU Settlement Scheme application based on a Zambrano right to reside will be refused where there is a realistic prospect that an application for leave to remain under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, or otherwise relying on Article 8 (the right to respect for private and family life) of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), would succeed. This is because if you are able to obtain leave to remain in the UK on one of these bases, you will not be required to leave the UK, which means XXXXXXXXXXX will not be compelled to leave the UK or the EEA.

You cannot show that you would be required to leave the UK, and therefore cannot be considered a person with a Zambrano right to reside, if you have not made an application under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules or an Article
8 ECHR claim where there is a realistic prospect that such an application or claim would succeed.

An Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim will be considered to have a realistic prospect of success where the applicant has family life in the UK with a British citizen and there is no apparent reason why such an application or claim would be refused.

Although you previously applied for leave under Appendix FM and this was refused, from the information and evidence provided or otherwise available, it is considered that your circumstances have changed since that decision was made. Your son XXXXXXXXXX was registered as a British citizen on 14
November 2019. You are therefore now the parent of a British citizen child.

Following your change of circumstances, it is considered that such an application or claim has a realistic prospect of success in your case because it is accepted, for the purposes of your EU Settlement Scheme application, that you are the primary carer of a British citizen child and because there is no apparent reason why an Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim would be refused.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:01 am

lida56 wrote:
Hi CR001, forney ,
Hi

Your case is just one of it that there should have been a compassionate grounds to expedite it with days. But as usual HO is always having their own ride.

There two things I would like you to look at which could help you back. Read them/it and if you do understand fine but if you want further explanation then we can tell you the pros and cons then you will go to to a solicitor to assess both for you.

1. Access to Child Visa Appendix FM Route - Entry Clearance

A parent whose child resides in the UK can apply for an Access to Child visa which gives permission to enter or remain in the UK in order for them to have contact with their child.

The following requirements must be met:

The applicant must be the parent of a child who is resident here;

The parent or carer with whom the child resides must be permanently resident in the UK;

The applicant must have evidence that they have access rights to the child.

For the purposes of an access to child visa, this can either be in the form of a residence or contact order granted by a UK court, or a certificate issued by a district judge confirming that the parent intends to maintain contact with the child. Other requirements include:

The applicant must show that they intend to take an active role in the child’s upbringing;

The child must be under the age of 18;

There must be adequate accommodation for the applicant and any dependants in the UK without recourse to public funds in accommodation which you own or occupy exclusively; and

The applicant must show that they can also maintain themselves and any dependants without recourse to public funds.

To get an access to child visa, the applicant will need to apply for entry clearance from a British Embassy or High Commission abroad unless they were previously granted and still have limited permission to remain here as the spouse or an unmarried partner of a person present and settled in the UK. This person must be the child’s other parent.

The applicant must show that they have not remained here in breach of the Immigration Rules and that they meet all of the other requirements listed above. If the applicant falls within this category the Home Office will accept a letter from the child’s other parent that the applicant is maintaining contact with the child as evidence that you have rights of access to your child in place of a court order.

If your access to child visa application is successful, permission to enter or remain in the UK will be granted for 12 months initially. At the end of this period before their leave expires, the applicant will be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.

In order to qualify for ILR, the applicant will need to show that they have been, and still intend to, take an active role in the child’s upbringing, show that the child visits or stays with them on a frequent and regular basis and that this will continue. The applicant also needs to show that they continue to have adequate accommodation and are able to maintain themselves and any dependants without recourse to public funds. The child must also still be under 18.

Look into this route which most people in your shoes should of explored long time.

2. EEA Family Permit under Zambrano.

It is a crazy advise but the eu law doesn't stop you to do such an application.

Zambrano entry clearance – a window of opportunity or the route of last resort for the parents of a British child.

Entry clearance options for the parents of British citizen children with a focal point on Zambrano parents.

There is another route still available until 31 December 2020 under the EEA Regulations 2016 – a Zambrano family permit. It is open to primary carers of British citizen children where the child would be compelled to stay outside the UK if the carer is not granted entry clearance.

The complexity of a Zambrano entry clearance application is foiled by the relative simplicity of the Regulations: Regulation 11, paragraph 5(e), provides for the right of admission to a person accompanying a British citizen to, or joining a British citizen in, the United Kingdom, if, once in the UK, they would meet the requirements of Regulation 16(5). The relevant requirement of Regulation 16 is that the person is a primary carer of a British citizen child who “would be unable to reside in the United Kingdom or another EEA State” if the primary carer left the United Kingdom for an indefinite period of time. They should not have leave to enter or remain under another part of the immigration rules

Zambrano entry clearance – a window of opportunity or the route of last resort for the parents of a British child June 17, 2020

Zambrano entry clearance – a window of opportunity or the route of last resort for the parents of a British child

Family immigration

The standard route for families, with our without children, is the partner visa or spouse visa under Appendix FM of the immigration rules. Those who have parental responsibility for a British child but do not live together with the other parent of the child may apply for a visa under the parent route, but the child has to be in the UK first.

There is another route still available until 31 December 2020 under the EEA Regulations 2016 – a Zambrano family permit. It is open to primary carers of British citizen children where the child would be compelled to stay outside the UK if the carer is not granted entry clearance.

The complexity of a Zambrano entry clearance application is foiled by the relative simplicity of the Regulations: Regulation 11, paragraph 5(e), provides for the right of admission to a person accompanying a British citizen to, or joining a British citizen in, the United Kingdom, if, once in the UK, they would meet the requirements of Regulation 16(5). The relevant requirement of Regulation 16 is that the person is a primary carer of a British citizen child who “would be unable to reside in the United Kingdom or another EEA State” if the primary carer left the United Kingdom for an indefinite period of time. They should not have leave to enter or remain under another part of the Immigration Rules.

Primary carer is defined in paragraph 8 of the same Regulation as a person who is a direct relative or a legal guardian of the child and either has primary responsibility for the child’s care or shares equally the responsibility with one other person. Paragraph 9 helpfully states that where the role of primary carer is shared by two people any reference to the carer should be read as “both primary carers”.

A serious amendment in the definition of “primary carer” was made in July 2018 – it deleted an exclusion in accordance with which a Zambrano primary carer could not share parental responsibility with a British citizen. Only parents who equally lacked immigration status in the UK could be joint Zambrano carers before the amendment. This excluded the majority of families with British children as most often at least one parent of a British child would be a British citizen.

Thus, on the face of it the amendment opened the door to all families resident abroad with British kids.

There are serious advantages of applying for a family permit under the Regulations rather than a partner visa under the Immigration Rules:

Here is a summary of the main “complexity” points:
Hostility of the Home Office policy

The Home Office guidance on family permits does not deal with Zambrano applicants in any detail. However, the guidance on derivative rights of residence has a section on Zambrano cases in the context of applications made in the UK. It sets the tone and shows an attitude by far more inimical to the applicant than the Regulations. For instance the guidance explicitly states that the Zambrano route is only open where the applicant does not have other means to remain lawfully in the UK. According to the guidance, it is only if the application failed under the immigration rules and all rights of appeal are exhausted that the Home Office officials are required to consider whether a derived right of residence exists.

The Guidance makes Zambrano and other derivative rights the route of last resort for those who have no chance to make a successful application under other parts of the rules.

There are no legal provisions to back up this policy, but nevertheless the policy exists. It blatantly contradicts the Regulations.

It may sound pedantic, but as a lawyer I have to flag it up that the guidance is not the law and does not have precedence over the Regulations which are the law. The relevant provisions of the Regulations are sufficiently clear to be interpreted without reference to the Guidance.

Complexity of case law

Patel v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2019] UKSC 59 is the most recent case from the Supreme Court addressing the Zambrano right of residence. The case was decided in December 2019 but had to apply the Regulations as they were prior to the amendment, at the time of the original decision was made. This is an obvious point, but it may easily be overlooked.

It also doesn’t help that the Court of Appeal which dealt with the case before it went to the Supreme Court, made some terse remarks of the sort “The Zambrano principle cannot be regarded as a back-door route to residence”. These remarks were immediately adopted by the Home Office as tag-lines. The fact that the law has since changed is not reflected in the Guidance and is most likely ignored in practice.

The rule of law in immigration context could be stronger, and somewhat more stable

Read these 2 options, post 1 and 2 then go and see a good solicitor to aid you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:05 am

snooky wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:01 am
lida56 wrote:
Hi CR001, forney ,
Hi

Your case is just one of it that there should have been a compassionate grounds to expedite it with days. But as usual HO is always having their own ride.

There two things I would like you to look at which could help you back. Read them/it and if you do understand fine but if you want further explanation then we can tell you the pros and cons then you will go to to a solicitor to assess both for you.

1. Access to Child Visa Appendix FM Route - Entry Clearance

A parent whose child resides in the UK can apply for an Access to Child visa which gives permission to enter or remain in the UK in order for them to have contact with their child.

The following requirements must be met:

The applicant must be the parent of a child who is resident here;

The parent or carer with whom the child resides must be permanently resident in the UK;

The applicant must have evidence that they have access rights to the child.

For the purposes of an access to child visa, this can either be in the form of a residence or contact order granted by a UK court, or a certificate issued by a district judge confirming that the parent intends to maintain contact with the child. Other requirements include:

The applicant must show that they intend to take an active role in the child’s upbringing;

The child must be under the age of 18;

There must be adequate accommodation for the applicant and any dependants in the UK without recourse to public funds in accommodation which you own or occupy exclusively; and

The applicant must show that they can also maintain themselves and any dependants without recourse to public funds.

To get an access to child visa, the applicant will need to apply for entry clearance from a British Embassy or High Commission abroad unless they were previously granted and still have limited permission to remain here as the spouse or an unmarried partner of a person present and settled in the UK. This person must be the child’s other parent.

The applicant must show that they have not remained here in breach of the Immigration Rules and that they meet all of the other requirements listed above. If the applicant falls within this category the Home Office will accept a letter from the child’s other parent that the applicant is maintaining contact with the child as evidence that you have rights of access to your child in place of a court order.

If your access to child visa application is successful, permission to enter or remain in the UK will be granted for 12 months initially. At the end of this period before their leave expires, the applicant will be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.

In order to qualify for ILR, the applicant will need to show that they have been, and still intend to, take an active role in the child’s upbringing, show that the child visits or stays with them on a frequent and regular basis and that this will continue. The applicant also needs to show that they continue to have adequate accommodation and are able to maintain themselves and any dependants without recourse to public funds. The child must also still be under 18.

Look into this route which most people in your shoes should of explored long time.

2. EEA Family Permit under Zambrano.

It is a crazy advise but the eu law doesn't stop you to do such an application.

Zambrano entry clearance – a window of opportunity or the route of last resort for the parents of a British child.

Entry clearance options for the parents of British citizen children with a focal point on Zambrano parents.

The complexity of a Zambrano entry clearance application is foiled by the relative simplicity of the Regulations: Regulation 11, paragraph 5(e), provides for the right of admission to a person accompanying a British citizen to, or joining a British citizen in, the United Kingdom, if, once in the UK, they would meet the requirements of Regulation 16(5). The relevant requirement of Regulation 16 is that the person is a primary carer of a British citizen child who “would be unable to reside in the United Kingdom or another EEA State” if the primary carer left the United Kingdom for an indefinite period of time. They should not have leave to enter or remain under another part of the immigration rules

Zambrano entry clearance – a window of opportunity or the route of last resort for the parents of a British child June 17, 2020

Zambrano entry clearance – a window of opportunity or the route of last resort for the parents of a British child

Family immigration

The standard route for families, with our without children, is the partner visa or spouse visa under Appendix FM of the immigration rules. Those who have parental responsibility for a British child but do not live together with the other parent of the child may apply for a visa under the parent route, but the child has to be in the UK first.

The complexity of a Zambrano entry clearance application is foiled by the relative simplicity of the Regulations: Regulation 11, paragraph 5(e), provides for the right of admission to a person accompanying a British citizen to, or joining a British citizen in, the United Kingdom, if, once in the UK, they would meet the requirements of Regulation 16(5). The relevant requirement of Regulation 16 is that the person is a primary carer of a British citizen child who “would be unable to reside in the United Kingdom or another EEA State” if the primary carer left the United Kingdom for an indefinite period of time. They should not have leave to enter or remain under another part of the Immigration Rules.

Primary carer is defined in paragraph 8 of the same Regulation as a person who is a direct relative or a legal guardian of the child and either has primary responsibility for the child’s care or shares equally the responsibility with one other person. Paragraph 9 helpfully states that where the role of primary carer is shared by two people any reference to the carer should be read as “both primary carers”.

A serious amendment in the definition of “primary carer” was made in July 2018 – it deleted an exclusion in accordance with which a Zambrano primary carer could not share parental responsibility with a British citizen. Only parents who equally lacked immigration status in the UK could be joint Zambrano carers before the amendment. This excluded the majority of families with British children as most often at least one parent of a British child would be a British citizen.

Thus, on the face of it the amendment opened the door to all families resident abroad with British kids.

There are serious advantages of applying for a family permit under the Regulations rather than a partner visa under the Immigration Rules:

Here is a summary of the main “complexity” points:
Hostility of the Home Office policy

The Home Office guidance on family permits does not deal with Zambrano applicants in any detail. However, the guidance on derivative rights of residence has a section on Zambrano cases in the context of applications made in the UK. It sets the tone and shows an attitude by far more inimical to the applicant than the Regulations. For instance the guidance explicitly states that the Zambrano route is only open where the applicant does not have other means to remain lawfully in the UK. According to the guidance, it is only if the application failed under the immigration rules and all rights of appeal are exhausted that the Home Office officials are required to consider whether a derived right of residence exists.

The Guidance makes Zambrano and other derivative rights the route of last resort for those who have no chance to make a successful application under other parts of the rules.

There are no legal provisions to back up this policy, but nevertheless the policy exists. It blatantly contradicts the Regulations.

It may sound pedantic, but as a lawyer I have to flag it up that the guidance is not the law and does not have precedence over the Regulations which are the law. The relevant provisions of the Regulations are sufficiently clear to be interpreted without reference to the Guidance.

Complexity of case law

Patel v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2019] UKSC 59 is the most recent case from the Supreme Court addressing the Zambrano right of residence. The case was decided in December 2019 but had to apply the Regulations as they were prior to the amendment, at the time of the original decision was made. This is an obvious point, but it may easily be overlooked.

It also doesn’t help that the Court of Appeal which dealt with the case before it went to the Supreme Court, made some terse remarks of the sort “The Zambrano principle cannot be regarded as a back-door route to residence”. These remarks were immediately adopted by the Home Office as tag-lines. The fact that the law has since changed is not reflected in the Guidance and is most likely ignored in practice.

The rule of law in immigration context could be stronger, and somewhat more stable

Read these 2 options, post 1 and 2 then go and see a good solicitor to aid you.
Have you read the users posts? The British child is an adult, not under 18 and the user has stated they have at various time visited on a visit visa. The adult child is clearly being looked after by someone, who the user does not state. The user is also outside the UK as they left, but didn't state when they left it how long ago they left the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:26 am

@CR001

Thanks for the comments.

I have read the post. I am exploring the law, the loopholes with the medical side.

A child with autism and/serious defects could be argued at the courts of his/her mental strength not by his/age but by the development and stage of the brain.

So the scenarios is an autism man age 20 in body could actual have a 3 year old mind. When it comes to medical assessments and social care plan, this is how any government body should view all or such cases concerning about the child.

I also understand that she is at moment outside the country.

We are exploring so she could see a Solicitor to look into it deeply because what blocks this woman is not the law, it is the HO guidance which is all the time incompatible with the law.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:52 am

ravindra121 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:58 am
My application been refused, i need you guys advise specially snooky's. including letter format will be much helpful. buy i am not in UK anymore. I came to SL while my application pending. but decision been taken to refuse my application.

Reasons why your application has been refused

We have considered whether you meet the requirements for settled status (also known as indefinite leave to enter or remain) or pre-settled status (also known as limited leave to enter or remain) under the EU Settlement Scheme. Unfortunately, based on the information and evidence provided or otherwise available, and for the reasons set out in this letter, you do not meet the requirements.

To qualify under the scheme you need to meet the requirements that are set out in Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. You can find out more about the requirements here w w w. go v. u k / se t t l e d - st a t u s- e u - ci ti ze n s- f a m i l i es/ e l igi b i l i t y.

You have applied to the EU Settlement Scheme as the primary carer of a British citizen in the UK. Your application has been refused because the information available to us does not show that you are a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ on this basis.

To qualify for settled or pre-settled status as a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’, you must have a right to reside in the UK because you meet the

relevant requirements in the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 (‘the EEA Regulations’). As you state that you are the primary carer of a British citizen, it is regulation 16(5) that is relevant in your circumstances. However, we are not satisfied that you meet the requirements of regulation 16(5) because you have not demonstrated that XXXXXXXXXX would be unable to remain in the UK if you left the UK for an indefinite period.

You can only be considered a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ where XXXXXXXXXX would be unable to reside in the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA) if you were required to leave the UK for an indefinite period.

In order to demonstrate that XXXXXXXXXXXX would be unable to reside in the UK or EEA if you left the UK for an indefinite period, you must be able to show that you would be required to leave the UK as you had no other means to remain lawfully in the UK as his primary carer.

An EU Settlement Scheme application based on a Zambrano right to reside will be refused where there is a realistic prospect that an application for leave to remain under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, or otherwise relying on Article 8 (the right to respect for private and family life) of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), would succeed. This is because if you are able to obtain leave to remain in the UK on one of these bases, you will not be required to leave the UK, which means XXXXXXXXXXX will not be compelled to leave the UK or the EEA.

You cannot show that you would be required to leave the UK, and therefore cannot be considered a person with a Zambrano right to reside, if you have not made an application under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules or an Article
8 ECHR claim where there is a realistic prospect that such an application or claim would succeed.

An Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim will be considered to have a realistic prospect of success where the applicant has family life in the UK with a British citizen and there is no apparent reason why such an application or claim would be refused.

Although you previously applied for leave under Appendix FM and this was refused, from the information and evidence provided or otherwise available, it is considered that your circumstances have changed since that decision was made. Your son XXXXXXXXXX was registered as a British citizen on 14
November 2019. You are therefore now the parent of a British citizen child.

Following your change of circumstances, it is considered that such an application or claim has a realistic prospect of success in your case because it is accepted, for the purposes of your EU Settlement Scheme application, that you are the primary carer of a British citizen child and because there is no apparent reason why an Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim would be refused.
Hi

I have gone over your refusal. Is there another part that you haven't published.

Is like you were not given an appeal right.

If you have an appeal right then let us know the number and we can say something