ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tier1Aspirant1
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1Aspirant1 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:00 pm

After a lot of hard work I was able to get to HO today. but to my surprise they told that they don't provide status of tier1 Application and told to wait 10 weeks. However I read in forums on status calls being made. so I am confuse whether I called right number!!
I called on 01142074074...is it correct?? or how should I contact HO..plz advice

Thanks

akash08

Post by akash08 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:55 pm

I was lucky to speak to one of the rare helping CC guy today. He told me that my passport is waiting in the procesisng section from 18/08 and he is surprised why it is waiting for so long. He tried to speak to the processing section but could not get through but told me that he is writing an email to them to expedite my processing. He also said that there is a big backlog in processing and dispatching.

So, all those who are waiting like me and applied in June, it should be similar case for you, passport is waiting in the processing section with all the works related to decision being done.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:02 pm

Thanks for the update.............. Hope wht u r saying is correct.

Regards
:)
akash08 wrote:I was lucky to speak to one of the rare helping CC guy today. He told me that my passport is waiting in the procesisng section from 18/08 and he is surprised why it is waiting for so long. He tried to speak to the processing section but could not get through but told me that he is writing an email to them to expedite my processing. He also said that there is a big backlog in processing and dispatching.

So, all those who are waiting like me and applied in June, it should be similar case for you, passport is waiting in the processing section with all the works related to decision being done.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:52 pm

Tier1Aspirant1 wrote:After a lot of hard work I was able to get to HO today. but to my surprise they told that they don't provide status of tier1 Application and told to wait 10 weeks. However I read in forums on status calls being made. so I am confuse whether I called right number!!
I called on 01142074074...is it correct?? or how should I contact HO..plz advice

Thanks
I do not know whether you mentioned your application date. Your date is too early for them to tell you the status. Just 4-5weeks completed. When I was in similar timeline they never told me the status either.

darksun

Post by darksun » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:55 am

It's my time to share good news I guess..

I received my documents back today. Although I haven't seen them, my housemate read it for me. It's approved.

WP to Tier 1 from UK
Applied: 19-06-2008
Received: 20-06-2008 (exempt from fee)
Approval date: 06-08-2008
Documents Received: 02-09-2008

It took apprx 10.5 weeks. When I called on friday 29th August I've been told it's still with us by CC. But I received the documents today. As soon as I go home and check the docs, I will update with additional info...

My humble observation is if it takes long time, it arrives approved. Don't be bothered with people who got it before/after you who applied before/after you. I don't think there is a logic behind. It's totally random I guess... It's easy to say but hard to act I know... Until last week I was so worried and tired because of worrying, I couldnt worry anymore...

All the best to everyone waiting, my prayings are with them....

This forum is amazing, I will keep checking it, I won't leave totally..

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:08 am

Hi Darksun,

Did you sent UT to get your documents?
darksun wrote:It's my time to share good news I guess..

I received my documents back today. Although I haven't seen them, my housemate read it for me. It's approved.

WP to Tier 1 from UK
Applied: 19-06-2008
Received: 20-06-2008 (exempt from fee)
Approval date: 06-08-2008
Documents Received: 02-09-2008

It took apprx 10.5 weeks. When I called on friday 29th August I've been told it's still with us by CC. But I received the documents today. As soon as I go home and check the docs, I will update with additional info...

My humble observation is if it takes long time, it arrives approved. Don't be bothered with people who got it before/after you who applied before/after you. I don't think there is a logic behind. It's totally random I guess... It's easy to say but hard to act I know... Until last week I was so worried and tired because of worrying, I couldnt worry anymore...

All the best to everyone waiting, my prayings are with them....

This forum is amazing, I will keep checking it, I won't leave totally..

darksun

Post by darksun » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:10 am

No I haven't sent any UT...

NutanRaj

Post by NutanRaj » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:11 am

Congrats mate...
Now you are no longer dark sun:
Hope your career will blow like a rising sun..

and thanks for encouraging words...

Have a nice day

Regards
Raj

wp2tier1applicant
Newly Registered

Post by wp2tier1applicant » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:18 am

Hi,

WP 2 Tier1
Applied on: 27 Jun

Got a call from CW on 28th Aug asking me the fax me a page from the app. form. I faxed it, i called up twice to confirm whether they've received my fax, the reply i got is, they don't see any request comment updated on my case and they say it might've received... wat does it mean? confused....

any of u guys faced similar sitn?

Thanks.

wp_to_t1
Newly Registered

Post by wp_to_t1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:28 am

Hiya All!!

My first post..
initial application: Switching from WP to Tier 1 (within UK)
Applied : 31-Jul-2008
Ref Letter Dtd: 01-Aug-2008
Current Status: With Caseworker
UTR: Not made yet...

I was successfully able to connect to HO and they told me that my application was given to case-worker on 27-Aug-08 and is under consideration. A week before they told me that they were processing applications madebefore 30-June, so it seems things are moving faster.

i will make UTR soon as my next job starts from 15th. Hopefully, i will be able to save on 4 weeks' of postage time :)

So the guys who applied on or around 31-Jul, you can expect some action...

Cheers!!!

dexterarun
Newly Registered

Still Waiting

Post by dexterarun » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:46 am

Hi all,

Just thought I'd add some info to the existing collection of time-lines.

Documents sent: 25-Jun-08
Acknowledgement dated: 27-Jun-08
Called on 30-Aug-08 and was told it's still with them under consideration.

Without knowing what the outcome is, feels like...stuck in a limbo - Unable to take the next step at anything-be it jobs or keeping the work permit option open or going abroad on holiday(when all your dox aren't with you forget about international flights) or even signing up for a mobile phone contract if the previous one ended. Still waiting...and waiting...

aragorn99

Post by aragorn99 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:07 pm

"Under Consideration" can mean a whole lot of things :
1) It has been approved and is waiting stamping
2) It has been stamped and is awaiting dispatching
3) It has been dispatched and royal mail is sitting on it
4) It is really "under consideration"

dexterarun
Newly Registered

Post by dexterarun » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:32 pm

Yeah....with 4 possibilities that you've listed and many more that we can't even think of, the "under consideration" response isn't very helpful is it....except for the fact that your documents aren't lost in the mail(hopefully).

aragorn99 wrote:"Under Consideration" can mean a whole lot of things :
1) It has been approved and is waiting stamping
2) It has been stamped and is awaiting dispatching
3) It has been dispatched and royal mail is sitting on it
4) It is really "under consideration"

june20

Post by june20 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:02 pm

What abt 'still not assigned to case worker' after 2.5 months????

aragorn99

Post by aragorn99 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:12 pm

1) Send in a UT
2) It might have been assigned, but some one forgot to update the system.
3) System has been updated, the guy you called just did not bother to check the details carefully.
Keep calling HO until you run into some one sympathetic enough to actually go through everything and verify what exactly is going on.

justice122

Post by justice122 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:17 pm

Very right, there is no way that ur case has still not been assisgned. the problem is system updates at snail pace ( i think it gets updated like once a month)

There is no point calling CC. either they dnt know anything because of system or they dnt cant be bothered to give any info. wht do they care about us??

:( :cry:

i am going mad..........
aragorn99 wrote:1) Send in a UT
2) It might have been assigned, but some one forgot to update the system.
3) System has been updated, the guy you called just did not bother to check the details carefully.
Keep calling HO until you run into some one sympathetic enough to actually go through everything and verify what exactly is going on.

justice122

Re: Still Waiting

Post by justice122 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:37 pm

I can understand the pain as have been waiting in the similar situation for 11 weeks now
dexterarun wrote:Hi all,

Just thought I'd add some info to the existing collection of time-lines.

Documents sent: 25-Jun-08
Acknowledgement dated: 27-Jun-08
Called on 30-Aug-08 and was told it's still with them under consideration.

Without knowing what the outcome is, feels like...stuck in a limbo - Unable to take the next step at anything-be it jobs or keeping the work permit option open or going abroad on holiday(when all your dox aren't with you forget about international flights) or even signing up for a mobile phone contract if the previous one ended. Still waiting...and waiting...

sojan

Approved my T1

Post by sojan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:30 pm

Good news for me today. Got my docs back with T1 approved and residence permit stamped till 2011.

-Timelines-
Applied: 9th July
Payment taken: 10th July
Approved: 14th Aug
Stamped : 22nd Aug
Docs back: 02 Sep

No urgent treatment sent.. no query done and was a complex case. Gods Grace.
I was paid Indian salary in the UK in INR. The amount was high, which was then converted to GBP. I had to explain everything briefly in 2 covering sheets. I claimed 30 points for earnings, but they awarded me 45 !!

I provided them special delivery envelopes from Royal Mail (for return post).

This forum helped me a lot as i used to ask many silly questions and got strong replies :)

All the best for people who are waiting.

darksun

Post by darksun » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:45 am

ALl right guys, here's my exact timelines;

WP to Tier 1 (applied in UK)
App. Sent: 19-06-08
App. Received: 20-06-08
Letter Received (dated 20 June): 23-06-08
Approval Date: 06-08-08
Visa Stamped: 21-08-08
Docs Received back: 02-09-08

No UT. My work permit was 5 years btw...
I received back passport and all documents I sent also the approval letter with an additional page explains my points...

One interesting thing is I claimed 40 points but awarded 25 since I didn't get my missing bank statements stamped after I got them from barclays. So get them stamped for sure... I claimed 95 awarded 80...

All the best to people waiting. I am very sure you'll all get it. No news is good news :)

Best,

NutanRaj

Post by NutanRaj » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:05 am

Hi guys
Gud news from my side
I got the extension today
Great relief...Ganesh Chaturdhi gave me this gift

Time Scales are

Applied for Extension under JR on 25th July 08
Ref received on 27th
Documents received on 3rd Sept

one question:
My visa was expired on 8th Agust 08. This new extension effective from 26th August...then what is my status from 9th Aug to 25th august?

Will it be a problem when i go for ILR?

Thanks for your help...and best of luck to all

Regards

aragorn99

Post by aragorn99 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:17 am

NutanRaj wrote:Hi guys
Gud news from my side
I got the extension today
Great relief...Ganesh Chaturdhi gave me this gift

Time Scales are

Applied for Extension under JR on 25th July 08
Ref received on 27th
Documents received on 3rd Sept

one question:
My visa was expired on 8th Agust 08. This new extension effective from 26th August...then what is my status from 9th Aug to 25th august?

Will it be a problem when i go for ILR?

Thanks for your help...and best of luck to all

Regards
from 9th to 25th August your status was "pending" Should not be a problem for anything.

Satnov
Newly Registered

Post by Satnov » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:17 am

Dark sun - congrats

What do you mean by missing bank statements not stamped. Were these statements not on official bank stationery - can you clarify please

Thanks

darksun

Post by darksun » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:40 am

Thanks Satnov.. Basicly for the 12 months period I had 3-4 months missing in my bank statements. I asked for that period from barclays and they sent it in a few days but on a white paper printed with no stamp or no logo... I do believe I had to go to a branch and get a stamp on them for authenticy...
Satnov wrote:Dark sun - congrats

What do you mean by missing bank statements not stamped. Were these statements not on official bank stationery - can you clarify please

Thanks

dexterarun
Newly Registered

No processing order?

Post by dexterarun » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi All,

Looking at various time lines, it appears that their processing order is not in batches over 5 days or anything like that. Some have reported getting their documents back around the 2nd of Sep 08 after submitting it around the 9th of June 08 while others have reported getting their documents back on or around 3rd sep 08 after submitting it at around the 10th of July 08 with no UT request submitted.

This is quite strange....looks like random order is the order of the day with no validity of the "sequential processing" theory when it comes to the HO.

darksun

Post by darksun » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:07 pm

I do belive it's more related to approval-stamped date times which we don't know until we get docs back of couse... Because not every case neither every cw is same...