ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jeannot88

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Jeannot88 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:09 pm

Congrats @aceace! You are proof that IDV is moving along.
It is just random and not in date order.

@null1639 don't worry we are in a similar timeline, I submitted my application 31 May & submitted via the IDV app on 27 Aug. No news yet. I've already created an email filter so it doesn't go to spam. Probably in the queue, we should get a response soon as it's only been 10 working days at EOP today.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:13 pm

In my personal experience; usually Section 6(2) applications i.e. based on British spouse are decided much quicker in majority cases. Just an observation.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jeannot88

Post by Jeannot88 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:58 pm

I could be wrong, but @aceace mentioned Tier 2 + ILR so I can only assume it's the same for me and null1639 too which is under: Section 6(1) - 5 yrs. Still patiently waiting :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:10 pm

jenov wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:58 pm
I could be wrong, but @aceace mentioned Tier 2 + ILR so I can only assume it's the same for me and null1639 too which is under: Section 6(1) - 5 yrs. Still patiently waiting :)
I could be wrong too. It is just an observation from the past.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

newszb
Newly Registered

Post by newszb » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:34 pm

Hi,

I have submitted online application for AN on 09.05.2020( with old passport )

on 24.08.2020, Uploaded all docs ( cover letter about new/renewed passport) did face ID check new passport on IDV App.

As i see the posts most of them who uploaded around 24 Aug, received their approved letters, i did not receive any acknowledgement or any update,

is it because of my passport change ?

or do you suggest me to take UKVACS appointment for bio metrics enrollment, if yes ? how can i find this option,

Thank you very much for your inputs.

Thanks again

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:59 pm

@newszb

No. Passport change has nothing to do with this. Every case is different and processed on its own merits. You are not alone. Many are in the same boat as you. You should stay patient and hope for the best. Soon you shall succeed.

It is your choice to go for dual submission if you want to. You can log in to UKVCAS account and book an appointment if you wish. But it is not recommended.

newszb
Newly Registered

Post by newszb » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:12 pm

Thank you @CULLINAN, i will wait.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:59 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:55 am
Ritchie12 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:53 am
Here is a question, I have finished the IDV app submission after receiving an invite just 5mins ago. What happens to the £19.20 for the biometrics if the applicant(s) uses the IDV app? If we can apply for a refund, when and how do we apply for a refund?

Any help will be appreciated.
Just FYI I have applied for Naturalisation for a family of 5. Its been a rough journey and very expensive in terms of cost, so every little help
You pay £19.20 to provide your biometrics. Whichever route UKVCAS or IDV app, you are not entitled for any refund.
Note, for appointments, applicants have to pay EXTRA on top of this £19.20 already paid.
Thanks CULLINAN. I thought submitting biometrics according to the HO was the UKVI or now UKVCAS taking your fingerprints etc. On the IDV app nothing of that sort is done. You submit a picture like you will take a passport photo. So essentially, they are reusing previous biometrics. Why should we pay for a service we haven't used?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:02 pm

@Ritchie12

Facial image and passport photo submission is part of the biometrics. UKVI is only using your old fingerprints. You are using UKVCAS service i.e. IDV app to provide your biometrics. Why should you not pay??

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:02 pm
@Ritchie12

Facial image and passport photo submission is part of the biometrics. UKVI is only using your old fingerprints. You are using UKVCAS service i.e. IDV app to provide your biometrics. Why should you not pay??
@ CULLINAN, why call is it called BIOMETRIC REUSE then? I get that a facial image is given. However, the same image is submitted as part of the application of many documents, referees declaration included. My point is an applicant using the app doesn't scan their fingers and so that shouldn't be classed a service. Its reuse, isn't it?

Lespa

Post by Lespa » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:09 pm

Hold on, so there are no free appointments available now even if you decide to go down that route?

This is bad. We don’t have a single report of someone going for a physical biometrics, after an IDV invite, and not receiving decision in matter of days or at least I haven’t seen anyone complaining they are still waiting.
And yet loads of people getting decision after they “double submit” very quickly.
Are they really “telling us” if you pay we’ll forward your photo to UKVI???

Can’t really see UKVI being the bottleneck here as they seem to make decisions for the cases they receive everything. Hmmmmm

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:11 pm

Ritchie12 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:08 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:02 pm
@Ritchie12

@ CULLINAN, why call is it called BIOMETRIC REUSE then? I get that a facial image is given. However, the same image is submitted as part of the application of many documents, referees declaration included. My point is an applicant using the app doesn't scan their fingers and so that shouldn't be classed a service. Its reuse, isn't it?
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... on-6.0.pdf
An individual’s biometric information which is relevant for the purpose of this guidance is a digital photograph of their face, and a scan of their fingerprints taken on a glass screen, no ink is used.
The definition of biometric information (sometimes just called biometrics) for immigration purposes is in section 15 of the UK Borders Act 2007 as amended by Immigration Act 2014, which standardised the definition of biometric information across the Immigration Acts.
It is information about a person’s external physical characteristics such as fingerprints and the features of a person’s eye. This definition can be extended by order to cover internal features as long as they can be measured externally.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:21 pm

In addition, the core centres serving biometrics have decided to charge a fee on top of the £19.20. Some goes as high as £160 for core centres. Arent the core centres meant to be free for the basic document submission and biometrics?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:32 pm

Ritchie12 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:21 pm
In addition, the core centres serving biometrics have decided to charge a fee on top of the £19.20. Some goes as high as £160 for core centres. Arent the core centres meant to be free for the basic document submission and biometrics?
I would not disagree here. Unfortunately majority of the appointments are paid.

Lespa

Post by Lespa » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:42 pm

Ritchie12 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:21 pm
Yes. Maybe not in a day or two or when is best for you but if you are flexible you should be able to find a free appointment.
But now, there isn’t a single one that I could find. Regardless or location, date or time. Every appointment is chargeable.
And then pair that fact that if you pay and submit in person, you get a quick decision..... conspiracy theories start poping up :D

On a serious note, it could be that their IDV app is not working as well as they hoped and they are just not telling us at the moment, but the fact that there are no free appointments.... that is bad regardless.

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:47 pm

I called UKVCAS this morning. I chose IDV inquiry option 3 and talked to a nice lady. I told her I submitted IDV on Aug 26 assuming all ok. Then I found out that I can book appointment so I asked her should I do that ?

She was surprised to hear I opt in and submitted IDV yet still be able to book appointment. She asked all my details and log in to their system. She confirmed my application is received and in progress yet she can’t give timeline. She suggested to wait and not to book appointment. She took a note to escalate this issue to IT team. It seems there is a glitch in their system to allow double booking ?

Anyway, I will wait for another week. If still no news, I will book appointment. Let’s keep each other update 8)

Lespa

Post by Lespa » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:35 am

null1639 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:47 pm
I called UKVCAS this morning. I chose IDV inquiry option 3 and talked to a nice lady. I told her I submitted IDV on Aug 26 assuming all ok. Then I found out that I can book appointment so I asked her should I do that ?

She was surprised to hear I opt in and submitted IDV yet still be able to book appointment. She asked all my details and log in to their system. She confirmed my application is received and in progress yet she can’t give timeline. She suggested to wait and not to book appointment. She took a note to escalate this issue to IT team. It seems there is a glitch in their system to allow double booking ?

Anyway, I will wait for another week. If still no news, I will book appointment. Let’s keep each other update 8)
Thanks for letting us know 👍🏻

Human1212
Newly Registered
Cuba

Post by Human1212 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:23 am

@ CULLINAN, Just a quick question. I received an invitation of IDV on 5th and completed photo and identification and submitted. but still i can see that i am available to book an appointment for person. Is that an error or my application is not successfully submitted yet?
Last edited by Human1212 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:24 am

Human1212 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:23 am
@ CULLINAN, Just a quick question. I received an invitation of IDV on 5th and completed photo and identification and submitted. but still i can see that i am available to book an appointment for person. Is that an error or my application and not been completed yet?
You are still able to view appointments even after you submit your application via the IDV app route. It is normal.

Human1212
Newly Registered
Cuba

Post by Human1212 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:27 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:24 am
Human1212 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:23 am
@ CULLINAN, Just a quick question. I received an invitation of IDV on 5th and completed photo and identification and submitted. but still i can see that i am available to book an appointment for person. Is that an error or my application and not been completed yet?
You are still able to view appointments even after you submit your application via the IDV app route. It is normal.
Thanks. appreciate your response

otuel
Poland

Post by otuel » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:34 pm

newszb wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:34 pm
Hi,

I have submitted online application for AN on 09.05.2020( with old passport )

on 24.08.2020, Uploaded all docs ( cover letter about new/renewed passport) did face ID check new passport on IDV App.

As i see the posts most of them who uploaded around 24 Aug, received their approved letters, i did not receive any acknowledgement or any update,

is it because of my passport change ?

or do you suggest me to take UKVACS appointment for bio metrics enrollment, if yes ? how can i find this option,

Thank you very much for your inputs.

Thanks again
Hi newszb,
I applied with my wife at the beginning of April, biometrics have been done at the beginning of July and the only e-mail we have received is the one with the information "Your application has been received and is being considered". Since then, not a single e-mail or letter has been received (we also check spam folder).

I see people here are getting their approvals and they applied in May, June, July, August, but we are still waiting.

It has been over five months now, should we give HO a ring to make sure everything is fine?

We are holders of "settled status" and as I read here, it could speed up your application, it did not work for us.

Anyway, good luck newszb, hopefully you will be approved soon.

otuel

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:38 pm

@Otuel

The standard processing time is 6 months. You are advised to wait and only contact them after 6 months.

otuel
Poland

Post by otuel » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:38 pm
@Otuel

The standard processing time is 6 months. You are advised to wait and only contact them after 6 months.
Thank you. So I will wait three more weeks.

otuel

m_stram
Newly Registered

Post by m_stram » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:57 pm

Afternoon everyone!

I'm hoping I'm posting in the right place. I applied for my British Citizenship through the EU Settlement scheme this week. I've been trying to book an appointment for Biometrics and now I figured there's effectively a virtual queue thanks to COVID...

Is this virtual queue for the biometrics from the time I submitted my citizenship application or from the time I submit my documents on UKVCAS.co.uk?

And can I submit my documents online before I book an appointment? Everything is ready to go...

Many thanks in advance!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:18 pm

m_stram wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:57 pm
I've been trying to book an appointment for Biometrics and now I figured there's effectively a virtual queue thanks to COVID...
Follow:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Is this virtual queue for the biometrics from the time I submitted my citizenship application or from the time I submit my documents on UKVCAS.co.uk?
From the date you registered an account on UKVCAS.
And can I submit my documents online before I book an appointment? Everything is ready to go...
Yes. You can submit documents to UKVI via the UKVCAS document upload page even before biometrics.