ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rose13
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by rose13 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:18 am

Hi all,
Anyone else applied in April and submitted documents/biometrics via IDV app and still waiting for the decision?
I applied on the 1st of April :(

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:26 am

User3221 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:29 am
Do we get any email after submitting the documents and id check on idv app?
Mine only the submit bottom turn to grey !
No
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:31 am

rose13 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:18 am
Hi all,
Anyone else applied in April and submitted documents/biometrics via IDV app and still waiting for the decision?
Yes applied on 14th april and submitted via idv app on 28th august.. waiting still

gyanp

Post by gyanp » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:54 am

Has anyone managed to book in-person biometric appointment since yesterday? I am not able to find any available appointments in any of the centres.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:23 am

gyanp wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:54 am
Has anyone managed to book in-person biometric appointment since yesterday? I am not able to find any available appointments in any of the centres.
Your history says you applied on 4th Aug and uploaded documents on 9th Sep. Did you create your UKVCAS account on 4th Aug OR 9th Sep??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gyanp

Post by gyanp » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:33 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:23 am
gyanp wrote:
Your history says you applied on 4th Aug and uploaded documents on 9th Sep. Did you create your UKVCAS account on 4th Aug OR 9th Sep??
On 9th Sep

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:39 am

gyanp wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:33 am
CULLINAN wrote:
gyanp wrote:
On 9th Sep
You will be classified as 9th Sep for biometrics. System is not open for you yet. You will have to wait for official updates.

gyanp

Post by gyanp » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:41 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:39 am
gyanp wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:33 am
CULLINAN wrote:
gyanp wrote:
On 9th Sep
You will be classified as 9th Sep for biometrics. System is not open for you yet. You will have to wait for official updates.
Thanks @CULLINAN for advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:18 pm

For ALL NEW applicants:

Please register your UKVCAS account on the SAME day you pay and submit your application via UKVI.

If you register your UKVCAS account on a later date, you will be pushed back in queue for biometrics. It is the UKVCAS account registration date that is important.

Saminak82
Newly Registered

Post by Saminak82 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:18 pm
For ALL NEW applicants:

Please register your UKVCAS account on the SAME day you pay and submit your application via UKVI.

If you register your UKVCAS account on a later date, you will be pushed back in queue for biometrics. It is the UKVCAS account registration date that is important.
For all types of application? Including private life?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:32 pm

I have just completed my biometrics as Lansdowne road Croydon. Fingers crossed :|
The staff handling my biometrics made an interesting remark. She said HO have checked my documents and they look OK. They don't see any missing/unclear document.
I asked if it was the system doing a check or HO staff. She replied 'HO'
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:34 pm

@saminak82
For all types of application? Including private life?
Yes.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:35 pm

poper wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:32 pm
I have just completed my biometrics as Lansdowne road Croydon. Fingers crossed :|
The staff handling my biometrics made an interesting remark. She said HO have checked my documents and they look OK. They don't see any missing/unclear document.
Yes that is why the new documents submit option is introduced. I have been advocating that it is the best approach to submit your documents via UKVCAS even before biometrics.
Good luck 😉

leatong
Newly Registered
China

Post by leatong » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:25 pm

rose13 wrote:
Hi all,
1st Apr as well. However my type is FLR. I submitted IDV pic on 21st Aug and went for an in-person one as well on 11th Sep. I did all I could do and can only hope for the best...

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:49 pm

Here is an update from my side.

I did dual submission (IDV on Aug 28, followed by in-person appointment on Aug 29). I received my BRP yesterday, and the photo in the BRP is that from the in-person biometrics.

Luluokis29
Mood:

Post by Luluokis29 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:03 pm

rose13 wrote:
Hi all,
Yes me
Applied April 4
IDV submitted Aug 22nd😌

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:21 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:35 pm
poper wrote:
Yes that is why the new documents submit option is introduced. I have been advocating that it is the best approach to submit your documents via UKVCAS even before biometrics.
Good luck 😉
Does this means HO can straight away review documents uploaded on ukvcas website even before submitting biometrics?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:30 pm

Guggi wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:21 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
poper wrote:
Good luck 😉
Does this means HO can straight away review documents uploaded on ukvcas website even before submitting biometrics?
Yes, appears so provided you upload your documents and hit the submit button
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
poper wrote:
Good luck 😉
Thanks Cullinan. I never dreamt of submitting a 'standard' route application given the wait would literally kill me. I am at a situation where my employer is looking to fire people left and right. Hoping for a favourable response at the earliest...

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:09 pm

poper wrote:
Done mine too this morning. It was at 10 at Lansdowne Road. There were slight delays and was only done by 10h45 (started at 10h20). The staff made similar remark for me as well, however, she said her colleague (not HO) checked the documents prior to the appointment and they confirmed everything uploaded was fine. She asked me if I wanted to submit any other documents and I said that I was happy of what was in there.

mal98
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by mal98 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:35 pm

Hi all. I submitted an app for Tier 2 renewal on 7 Sep. Solicitor's saying that it will take 3 weeks to get a notification allowing us to book a biometric appointment. Does this make sense at all?

I've been reading the thread and it seems people are accessing the UKVCAS system & getting appointment much quicker than that. Quite worried as generally the solicitor's advice has been quite conflicting with people's experience here and I'm not even sure whether a UKVCAS account has been created, etc. Thank you.
Last edited by mal98 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:38 pm

mal98 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:35 pm
Hi all. I submitted an app for Tier 2 renewal on 7 Sep. Solicitor's saying that it will take 3 weeks to get a notification allowing us to book a biometric appointment. Does this make sense at all?

I've been reading the thread and it seems people are accessing the UKCVAS system & getting appointment much quicker than that. Quite worried as generally the solicitor's advice has been quite conflicting with people's experience here and I'm not even sure whether a UKCVAS account has been created, etc. Thank you.
The system seems to have opened for applicants up to 4th Sep (Note: even without an official update). However, for applicants who applied after 4th Sep will have to wait for an official UKVCAS update. No one knows for now when that will be. Solicitor may have given you an estimate.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Just make sure your solicitor has registered an UKVCAS account for you to avoid disappointment later on.

gyanp

Post by gyanp » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:41 pm

mal98 wrote:

I've been reading the thread and it seems people are accessing the UKCVAS system & getting appointment much quicker than that. Quite worried as generally the solicitor's advice has been quite conflicting with people's experience here and I'm not even sure whether a UKCVAS account has been created, etc. Thank you.
Be aware of solicitors, they may delay. Please remember they have several cases and it also depends on how good is your solicitor. You should cross check on UKVCAS Twitter. Get UAN number from your solicitor. And check on Monday morning whether they can see application or not. If not then your soliciotor has not submitted it properly. In my case solicitor delayed by more than one month. You can't trust them.

mal98
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by mal98 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:50 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:38 pm
mal98 wrote:

The system seems to have opened for applicants up to 4th Sep (Note: even without an official update). However, for applicants who applied after 4th Sep will have to wait for an official UKVCAS update. No one knows for now when that will be. Solicitor may have given you an estimate.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Just make sure your solicitor has registered an UKVCAS account for you to avoid disappointment later on.
Thanks CULLINAN, that's much appreciated. From a process perspective, would the solicitor first need to receive an email from UKVCAS notifying her that the system is open for applicants from 7 Sep to book an appointment/use the app? Or is it a matter of keeping an eye on our UKVCAS account in case the system opens without an official update from them?

mal98
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by mal98 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:52 pm

gyanp wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:41 pm

Be aware of solicitors, they may delay. Please remember they have several cases and it also depends on how good is your solicitor. You should cross check on UKVCAS Twitter. Get UAN number from your solicitor. And check on Monday morning whether they can see application or not. If not then your soliciotor has not submitted it properly. In my case solicitor delayed by more than one month. You can't trust them.
You're absolutely right - that's the feeling that I've had from them throughout the entire process but unfortunately it's imposed on me to use them by my Tier 2 sponsor... I will get the UAN and reach out to UKVCAS next week. Thank you very much for the tip - much better than the solicitor!! :lol: