ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

usmann
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by usmann » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi everyone im new to this forum i got some question regarding my ilr application and using idv app . i will realy appreciate if someone can help me.
i applied for ilr set m in may 2020 got email to reuse biometrics in august got invitatuon end of august
downloaded the app and uploaded facial image liveiness check and and travel documents .
now i need to upload all supporting documents
there are two categoris mandatory and optional documens
i need to know what documents i will upload in what category and also what to upload in proof of applicaton??
can anybody who already used app can help me plzz

m_stram
Newly Registered

Post by m_stram » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:14 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:18 pm
m_stram wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:57 pm
I've been trying to book an appointment for Biometrics and now I figured there's effectively a virtual queue thanks to COVID...
Follow:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Is this virtual queue for the biometrics from the time I submitted my citizenship application or from the time I submit my documents on UKVCAS.co.uk?
From the date you registered an account on UKVCAS.
And can I submit my documents online before I book an appointment? Everything is ready to go...
Yes. You can submit documents to UKVI via the UKVCAS document upload page even before biometrics.
Thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: using idv app

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:53 pm

usmann wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:07 pm
Hi everyone im new to this forum i got some question regarding my ilr application and using idv app . i will realy appreciate if someone can help me.
i applied for ilr set m in may 2020 got email to reuse biometrics in august got invitatuon end of august
downloaded the app and uploaded facial image liveiness check and and travel documents .
now i need to upload all supporting documents
there are two categoris mandatory and optional documens
i need to know what documents i will upload in what category and also what to upload in proof of applicaton??
can anybody who already used app can help me plzz
Your passport goes in the proof of application. All other categories are generic. As long as you upload ALL your documents in whichever category you think they fit best, your fine. However, see the general generic guidance as follows:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 96002.html

Note, in the above it mentions passport to be uploaded in the proof of identity category, but if you check passport is usually mentioned specifically in the proof of application.

Again, all categories are generic and not all apply in your case. Do not get confused with mandatory and optional categories. Just upload in whichever category as stated above.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

russn
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by russn » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi everyone. I applied on 31 August, got the IDV invitation on 10 September and finished the IDV process on Friday 11 September. Hoping that all the details will actually go through to UKVI. It seems like people have been getting their decisions quite quickly these days, like within 1 month after having their biometrics done. Does it seem to be the case to everyone ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:41 pm

russn wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:02 pm
Hi everyone. I applied on 31 August, got the IDV invitation on 10 September and finished the IDV process on Friday 11 September. Hoping that all the details will actually go through to UKVI. It seems like people have been getting their decisions quite quickly these days, like within 1 month after having their biometrics done. Does it seem to be the case to everyone ?
Many applicants waited for a long time especially since March onwards to submit biometrics. Many submitted their documents to UKVI via UKVCAS (10th July onwards) so probably the interim processing was done even before submitting biometrics. Not sure how quick the new applications will be processed. There is still backlog for decisions. We will have to wait and see. Standard processing time can take up to 6 months. More or less depending on the individual case.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

okigen68
Vietnam

Post by okigen68 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:24 pm

Hi all, I've just submitted my application and now registered on the Sopra Steria website. It looks like there is no appointment available and instead I should wait for the IDV app. Some silly questions...

1) Do I need to click any link to register for the IDV "queue"? So far all I have done is creating an account on Sopra website.

2) There is a link for "Document upload" on the Sopra website. If I upload my documents there , does it automatically link to my naturalisaton application? When registering for Sopra I didn't have to quote my application number.

Thank you so much!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re:

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:25 pm

okigen68 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:24 pm
Hi all, I've just submitted my application and now registered on the Sopra Steria website. It looks like there is no appointment available and instead I should wait for the IDV app. Some silly questions...

1) Do I need to click any link to register for the IDV "queue"? So far all I have done is creating an account on Sopra website.

2) There is a link for "Document upload" on the Sopra website. If I upload my documents there , does it automatically link to my naturalisaton application? When registering for Sopra I didn't have to quote my application number.

Thank you so much!
1. No. You will be informed by email IF you are eligible for reuse or if you need to book an appointment.

2. Yes as you are logging into the portal.

Useful to read some of the posts in this topic too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re:

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:43 pm

okigen68 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:24 pm

Thank you so much!
1) As long as you have registered your UKVCAS account, you have joined the biometrics queue.

2) When you register an account with UKVCAS via UKVI “book an appointment” link, a code is sent to your registered email which is needed to register on UKVCAS. That links your UKVI and UKVCAS accounts. You do not need UAN to link your accounts.

Just upload your documents.
Also, you have an option to submit your documents directly to UKVI via the UKVCAS document upload page even before biometrics. That is the best approach to follow which may save you some processing time.

If you can not see the submit button, upload all documents first, sign out and sign in again. The submit button will appear at the end of the document upload page.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:07 pm

For all NEW applicants:
Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Tip: Make sure you register your account on UKVCAS the same day you submit and pay for your application. This is VERY important to get in the biometrics queue.

Booking an appointment is opening up in phases. Check the UKVCAS flash message for updates.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Step 3: Booking an appointment/IDV app

Next step will be communicated to you via email; either you will be chosen to attend the biometrics appointment OR UKVI will reuse your biometrics from a previous application.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: You can only submit once, so make sure your documents are complete before you submit.
You will be able to add more documents via your appointment/IDV app on a later stage whatever your circumstance be.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new feature.

Note: For certain categories/cases, the CW may request for the documents to be submitted via email. It does not matter if you already have submitted via UKVCAS portal, you can still submit documents via email if requested.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.

Tip: Be vigilant and regularly check your email as all communication for next steps will be sent via email.

hazemA
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by hazemA » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:54 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:07 pm
For all NEW applicants:
Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Tip: Make sure you register your account on UKVCAS the same day you submit and pay for your application. This is VERY important to get in the biometrics queue.
Thank you for this information. Makes a lot of sense. However I registered an account with UKVCAS 3 years ago when I applied for ILR. The system recognised my old account and linked my application to it.

I am wondering if they're going by the date/time of registration for joining the queue where will mine fit in?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:03 am

@hazemA

Your fine then.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:07 pm

So you can use IDV app + in person appointment ? and you can get decision quicker ?
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-09-14 at 13.05.27.png
Screenshot 2020-09-14 at 13.05.27.png (171.05 KiB) Viewed 1385 times
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:08 pm

@askmeplz82

You can go for dual submission if you like but it does NOT guarantee a faster decision. Some are still waiting who went for dual submission also. The case is processed on individual merits.

Helen123

Post by Helen123 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:51 pm

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted update you all that I received my approval today!
Applied: June 1
IDV biometrics submitted: Aug 28

I just want to thank everyone for their continued help and support! This forum helps so many people! I’m not finished yet but definitely a big step forward!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:54 pm

@Helen123

Congratulations Helen123. Please can you share which email address is used to send the approval? Is it generic or CW specific email ad?
Please do not post any personal CW details. Thanks

Helen123

Post by Helen123 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:08 pm

@CULLINAN

Thanks so much CULLINAN!
As far as I can tell the decision is sent from a generic email address but the email itself is signed by an individual CW.

NationalityCaseworkDecisionService@homeoffice.gov.uk

This is the address I received the decision from which included the attached approval letter!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:13 pm

Helen123 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:08 pm
@CULLINAN

Thanks so much CULLINAN!
As far as I can tell the decision is sent from a generic email address but the email itself is signed by an individual CW.

NationalityCaseworkDecisionService@homeoffice.gov.uk

This is the address I received the decision from which included the attached approval letter!
Thank you 😊

Motherofcorgis
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Motherofcorgis » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:17 pm

Hi Helen123,

Did you receive a combined approval / ceremony invitation letter? I am on a similar timeline as you (applied June 20, IDV submission 30 August) so really pleased to see you got something (anything!) today.

Helen123

Post by Helen123 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:32 pm

Hi Motherofcorgis,

I only received the approval email today so no letter yet :( I received the same letter as another poster saying it could be as long as 12 weeks before I receive the ceremony invitation letter... hopefully it won’t take that long! It was a huge relief as I was considering paying £110 to attend a biometrics appointment to hurry things along a bit!

I really hope that you get your approval soon!!

newszb
Newly Registered

Post by newszb » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:47 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:59 pm
@newszb

No. Passport change has nothing to do with this. Every case is different and processed on its own merits. You are not alone. Many are in the same boat as you. You should stay patient and hope for the best. Soon you shall succeed.

It is your choice to go for dual submission if you want to. You can log in to UKVCAS account and book an appointment if you wish. But it is not recommended.

Hi CULLINAN,

I received Approval email couple of hours ago, big relief thank you very much.

Your kind advice saved me couple of hundred pounds :)

In the email it says, i may get ceremony invitation letter in 12 weeks time.

i will update once i receive invitation letter.

Once again thank you very much for kind and valuable suggestions.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:57 pm

Congratulations newszb :lol:

newszb
Newly Registered

Post by newszb » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:19 pm

Thank you very much @CULLINAN

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:56 am

Lespa wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:42 pm
Ritchie12 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:21 pm
In addition, the core centres serving biometrics have decided to charge a fee on top of the £19.20. Some goes as high as £160 for core centres. Arent the core centres meant to be free for the basic document submission and biometrics?
Yes. Maybe not in a day or two or when is best for you but if you are flexible you should be able to find a free appointment.
But now, there isn’t a single one that I could find. Regardless or location, date or time. Every appointment is chargeable.
And then pair that fact that if you pay and submit in person, you get a quick decision..... conspiracy theories start poping up :D

On a serious note, it could be that their IDV app is not working as well as they hoped and they are just not telling us at the moment, but the fact that there are no free appointments.... that is bad regardless.
I disagree.i have been checking for the past 4 days consistently. I haven't seen any free appointment. I have a theory UKVCAS is deciding to move to the IDV and charge the many for the walk in appointments and that's a disservice to the many and country as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, making the appointment options available after IDV submission doesn't ensure you will get the free slot. I'm sure they can do better

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:06 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:36 pm
Congratulations tauqeer81 🥳
Congrats tauqeer81.

It seems that there is no order to the process of the applications. Its really what HO CW seems fit. I know this is not a timeline but just a little info. I applied for myself, my wife and three children and this was in March. Struggled to get appointment and COVID set in to close all the centre...bummer! Its been six months to biometrics submission and now I have to wait some more.

If the standard application is 6months including date for submission for biometrics, bear in mind, we submitted all out documents on the 23rd March 2020, then, do we wait until 23rd Sept to receive anything at all? What happens if we don't hear back from HO after 23rd? Can we ask to the speak to the caseworker on our applications

Thanks

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:51 am

Today I found a free biometric appointment for Thursday in Cardiff, so I will try submitting biometric at their centre as well just to make sure I have done everything from my end. It does look like IDV app submission is not as effective as biometric completed at UKVCAS centre.

Application made on 21st of May
IDV submission on 27th of August
Now going for biometric at UKVCAS centre on 19th of Sep.