ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ILR with adult dependant advice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

andreastavridis
Newly Registered
South Africa

Tier 2 ILR with adult dependant advice

Post by andreastavridis » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:27 pm

Hi,

I am on a Tier 2 general visa that expires 16th July 2021.
Entered the country 6th November 2015
Spouse joined me on Tier 2 dependant visa 17th December 2015
Changed sponsor July 2017 - expired July 2020 (automatic 1 year renewal for NHS essential workers - awaiting return of BRP). Both my husband and I meet the salary requirement individually. We have lived together the entire time we have been in the UK.

Happy to wait so that we can apply together, I just wanted to check exactly which documents I need so I can start preparing.

1.) Proof of identity:
Current passport - have
Previous passport - have
Current BRP - awaiting return
Two passport sized photos - will get

2.) Continuous residence:
Council tax statements - how many do I need? Spread over how many of the years?
Utility bills - how many do I need? Spread over how many of the years?
Mortgage statements - as of 25th January 2019
Tenancy agreements - do I need to cover the entire time we have been resident, up until we bought?

3.) Finances and work:
Most recent original bank/building society statement from within one calender month before the date of application - will do just before application
Bank statements for the last 3 - 6 months showing salary - will do before application
Payslips and P60 for the last 3 - 6 months - will do before application
Contract of employment - have - do I need contracts from both employments?
Letter from current employer confirming that you are still needed to work in your role, you are paid at the correct salary and that you have taken paid annual leave - is this required from both sponsors?

4.) English language - degree was taught in English - intend to apply for Naric, but my masters is from a different university than my bachelors and honours degrees. Do I need to do Naric for all 3 degrees, or will just my masters (the highest qualification) suffice?

5.) How do I know if I need police clearance? I got police clearance in South Africa before receiving my first tier 2 visa, but have not had any fines, arrests etc subsequently in either country

6.) Life in the UK test - to do

7.) Application form - online to do

Is there any other document I haven't mentioned that I would need?

Thank you for your advice :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ILR with adult dependant advice

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:44 pm

1.) Proof of identity:
Current passport - have
Previous passport - have
Current BRP - awaiting return
Two passport sized photos - will get
You don't need passport photos.
2.) Continuous residence:
Council tax statements - how many do I need? Spread over how many of the years?
Utility bills - how many do I need? Spread over how many of the years?
Mortgage statements - as of 25th January 2019
Tenancy agreements - do I need to cover the entire time we have been resident, up until we bought?
Continuous residence is your passport, all stamped pages and biometric page. These documents you have posted are required to prove subsisting relationship and you need 2 years evidence from 3 to 6 sources in both your names or addressed to each of you individually. Evidence needs to be spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months.
3.) Finances and work:
Most recent original bank/building society statement from within one calender month before the date of application - will do just before application
Bank statements for the last 3 - 6 months showing salary - will do before application NOT required. You only need one months bank statement corresponding to your payslip you are submitting.
Payslips and P60 for the last 3 - 6 months - will do before application P60s are NOT required. You only need one months bank statement corresponding to your payslip you are submitting.
Contract of employment - have - do I need contracts from both employments? NOT required. You only need letters from all employers regarding absences.
Letter from current employer confirming that you are still needed to work in your role, you are paid at the correct salary and that you have taken paid annual leave - is this required from both sponsors? NOT required from previous employer. It is only the absence letter from previous employer you need.
4.) English language - degree was taught in English - intend to apply for Naric, but my masters is from a different university than my bachelors and honours degrees. Do I need to do Naric for all 3 degrees, or will just my masters (the highest qualification) suffice
You only need naric for ONE degree. You need the ukvi red route assessment which is English and comparable assessments.
5.) How do I know if I need police clearance? I got police clearance in South Africa before receiving my first tier 2 visa, but have not had any fines, arrests etc subsequently in either country
Not required. Your spouse dependent also needs to meet the English requirment.
6.) Life in the UK test - to do
Spouse dependent also needs to do this.
Is there any other document I haven't mentioned that I would need?
Don't submit a whole bunch of unnecessary documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

andreastavridis
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ILR with adult dependant advice

Post by andreastavridis » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:48 pm

Dear CR001,

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the clarification :)