ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed work with Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

teddyng
Newly Registered

Self Employed work with Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by teddyng » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:26 pm

A slightly weird question, if you are under a Tier 1 entrepreneur visa, can you work for someone like deliveroo or courier as self employed? I don't mean does it count towards any of the criteria for renewal, just are you allow to work for them if you wanted to for some extra cash or just have some spare time on top of your own business under Tier 1

Since the visa mentioned own business only so you can't work part time in Tesco for example, but things like deliveroo you are more working for yourself with a contract to the delivery company.

Deliveroo is just an example, don't actually want to work for them.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Self Employed work with Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:11 am

No. Tier 1E visa is not intended for such work. The rule of thumb is that a Tier 1E migrant is expected to run business(es) and provides business services for his/her clients (i.e. contract for a service). Personal services on the other hand, where an individual personally sells his/her labour to a client/business or simply works incapacity of an employee for other businesses are NOT allowed (i.e. contract of service)

Merely providing your personal labour to a others/business (delivery, taxi driving, etc) is regarded as a form of a contract of service with that business which is against the Tier 1E visa conditions of the stay, even if it is done in self-employment capacity. You will risk your visa being curtailed and any future visa application could be refused.

See: https://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-ti ... l#p1898762
Why the terms of your contract are important: https://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-ti ... l#p1445105
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice