ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect information on EUSS family permt

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

boosacnoodle
Newly Registered
Ireland

Marriage of convenience - EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit

Post by boosacnoodle » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:19 am

Hi Everyone,

I could really use some advise.

My non-eu partner and myself (eu national) are due to get married in 10 days outside of the EU.

After we get married, we will immediately apply for a Family permit under the EU settlement scheme.

We have all the required evidence needed however my concern is the HO will believe this is a marriage of convenience for 2 reasons.

Firstly, we will apply for this permit immediately after getting married.

Secondly, we have a letter of support from my uncle dated March 2020 which says the following:

''We wish them the best of luck in their upcoming marriage and life together. In that respect we fully support the couples efforts to live together in the UK''

I am wondering if this would cause reasons to believe this is a marriage or convenience as it would suggest we had plans to move to the UK many months before we got married and only 1 month after we got engaged.

We are not in a marriage of convenience but we are getting married and we want to live our lives together in the UK.

Do you guys think the letter from my uncle would make it sounds like we are in a Marriage of convenience? Do you think it would be worth asking him to re-write the letter?

Finally, as are marriage certificate is from outside the EU, do we require to get an apostille stamp or would a certified translation only suffice?

I would appreciate anyone's help.

Kind regards

Tom

Nyamebeye

Re: Marriage of convenience - EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit

Post by Nyamebeye » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:09 pm

The letter from your uncle will not add any weight to the application. You, as the EU partner/soon to be spouse need to be present in the UK in your own right, and not by your uncle's letter of support.
No body can tell what the HO will be thinking with regards to the genuineness of your marriage. I know of a couple who have been married for years, made application years after their marriage and yet HO still classed their marriage as that of convenience for some ridiculous reasons.
It is your responsibility to prove that your marriage is genuine and that your non eu spouse qualifies as your family member. That's all. Good luck

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:12 pm

Any supporting documents you intend to submit including your marriage certificate if not in English need be officially translated into English.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:53 pm

boosacnoodle wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:19 am
Hi Everyone,

I could really use some advise.

My non-eu partner and myself (eu national) are due to get married in 10 days outside of the EU.

After we get married, we will immediately apply for a Family permit under the EU settlement scheme.

We have all the required evidence needed however my concern is the HO will believe this is a marriage of convenience for 2 reasons.

Firstly, we will apply for this permit immediately after getting married.

Secondly, we have a letter of support from my uncle dated March 2020 which says the following:

''We wish them the best of luck in their upcoming marriage and life together. In that respect we fully support the couples efforts to live together in the UK''

I am wondering if this would cause reasons to believe this is a marriage or convenience as it would suggest we had plans to move to the UK many months before we got married and only 1 month after we got engaged.

We are not in a marriage of convenience but we are getting married and we want to live our lives together in the UK.

Do you guys think the letter from my uncle would make it sounds like we are in a Marriage of convenience? Do you think it would be worth asking him to re-write the letter?

Finally, as are marriage certificate is from outside the EU, do we require to get an apostille stamp or would a certified translation only suffice?

I would appreciate anyone's help.

Kind regards

Tom
You are over thinking. That letter from the uncle has zero value. So if you don't like its wording, just drop it from the application and don't use it.

There is no issue in being married then immediately fill an application for immigration. Most people do that without any issue.

boosacnoodle
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by boosacnoodle » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:46 pm

Sorry, this is just a quote from the letter, my uncle has met my partner so it seems like a valid letter of support.

Thanks for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:47 pm

boosacnoodle wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:46 pm
Sorry, this is just a quote from the letter, my uncle has met my partner so it seems like a valid letter of support.

Thanks for your help
Such letters of support are ignored by ukvi as they could be written by anyone. UKVI want to see your evidence of a genuine subsisting relationship, not support letters from friends and families.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

boosacnoodle
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by boosacnoodle » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:47 pm
boosacnoodle wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:46 pm

Thanks for your help
Such letters of support are ignored by ukvi as they could be written by anyone. UKVI want to see your evidence of a genuine subsisting relationship, not support letters from friends and families.
So letters from friends and family who have met my partner (with a copy of their ID) would not add any value to my case?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:51 pm

No they won't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

boosacnoodle
Newly Registered
Ireland

Marriage certificate for EU settlement scheme family permit

Post by boosacnoodle » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:22 pm

Hello,

Just looking for some information.

My soon to be wife will be applying for the EUSS family permit soon.

We have all the evidence required and the Marriage certificate will be from outside the EU.

I am aware the marriage certificate will need to be translated by a certified translator however,can someone tell me if we need to get the marriage certificate legalised with an appositle stamp in the country of origin.

Kind regards

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Marriage certificate for EU settlement scheme family permit

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:32 pm

Hello

Get an original marriage certificate then translate it by a translator registered with a reputable / official body in the country. They should stamp the translation and the stamp should show name, contact details and accreditation of the translator.

You can also get the translation done in the UK.

Submit both original and translation.

boosacnoodle
Newly Registered
Ireland

Incorrect information on EUSS family permt

Post by boosacnoodle » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:54 am

Hello everyone.

Just looking for some advice onmy situation.

My wife and I hired an immigration lawyer to do complete our EUSS family permit application.

Unfortunately, aftwr she submitted the application, she made a miatake with my wifes date of birth.

The application has now been submitted and cannot be ammended but she says she has wrote a covering letter that says this was a mistake and the letter states the correct date of birth.

My question is, can our application be rejected because of a mistake such as an incorrect date of birth? She says that it cannot be rejected because of this but obviously, im a little worried, a laywer should be thorough as we have paid them a fair amount of money.

We have her biometrics on monday. Do you think it will be okay with this small mistake?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Incorrect information on EUSS family permt

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:32 pm

The invitation for the biometrics, does it contain the date of birth?