ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Maddy_1992
Russia

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Maddy_1992 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:30 pm

M555 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:06 pm
chace0018 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:53 pm
kittycatkeeb wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:46 pm
nash4elovek wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:48 pm

I just wanted to say (in case it can help anyone) that I was also relying on the information in the timeline thread where it seems like 75% of ILR applications get a decision within 4 working days from in person bio.
Just anecdotal evidence, I have noticed the same, but I think that what I see about the majority of super quick turnarounds is for Tier 2 -> Set(O) ILR and Tier 2 related stuff in general. I have a feeling they're trying to process those kinds of applications faster than anything else because it is hurting people's chances at getting jobs and stuff like that. That's my 2 pence.
well mine is tier 2 route and it's been a week since i did my in-person appointment...still no luck. it just feels very random and completely depends on one's luck
I am also Tier 2 General , 3rd of July applicant. Emailed documents to case work team early July. IDV biometric access granted on 4th , done on same day. Still waiting for any response.
Case worker requested documents within four days of application. Theoretically , it should be oven ready case. But no output yet. You cannot read the case worker’s mind 😟
interesting..
The most recent Tier 2 general ILR cases have a turn around of 2 working days it seems. But I don't know what it all depends on.

SWinSW
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by SWinSW » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi all just wanted to share my experience and give you a sense of how the timings worked out for me. I received my (positive) decision letter for ILR (M) by email the morning of Friday 11th Sept after having submitted my photo etc via the app on the night of Thursday 27th August and subsequently having booked a physical appointment for Monday 7th Sept (after reading on this forum how no one who'd used the app seemed to have had a decision).

Haven't received the BRP yet so no idea whether it was the app or the physical appointment that finalised my application (I'm guessing the photo on the BRP will provide the answer): if it was the app, it was 2 weeks for a decision; if the appointment, just 4 days. I'll post an update when I receive the BRP.

pakhtun1
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by pakhtun1 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:53 pm

SWinSW wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:50 pm
Hi all just wanted to share my experience and give you a sense of how the timings worked out for me. I received my (positive) decision letter for ILR (M) by email the morning of Friday 11th Sept after having submitted my photo etc via the app on the night of Thursday 27th August and subsequently having booked a physical appointment for Monday 7th Sept (after reading on this forum how no one who'd used the app seemed to have had a decision).

Haven't received the BRP yet so no idea whether it was the app or the physical appointment that finalised my application (I'm guessing the photo on the BRP will provide the answer): if it was the app, it was 2 weeks for a decision; if the appointment, just 4 days. I'll post an update when I receive the BRP.
Hi, Congratulations. When did you originally apply?

going_dicey12
Newly Registered

Post by going_dicey12 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:54 pm

Maddy_1992 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:30 pm
M555 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:06 pm
chace0018 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:53 pm
kittycatkeeb wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:46 pm

Just anecdotal evidence, I have noticed the same, but I think that what I see about the majority of super quick turnarounds is for Tier 2 -> Set(O) ILR and Tier 2 related stuff in general. I have a feeling they're trying to process those kinds of applications faster than anything else because it is hurting people's chances at getting jobs and stuff like that. That's my 2 pence.
well mine is tier 2 route and it's been a week since i did my in-person appointment...still no luck. it just feels very random and completely depends on one's luck
I am also Tier 2 General , 3rd of July applicant. Emailed documents to case work team early July. IDV biometric access granted on 4th , done on same day. Still waiting for any response.
Case worker requested documents within four days of application. Theoretically , it should be oven ready case. But no output yet. You cannot read the case worker’s mind 😟
interesting..
The most recent Tier 2 general ILR cases have a turn around of 2 working days it seems. But I don't know what it all depends on.
Yup, same here. June Applicant (SET O from T2), submitted biometrics in-person end of August. Pretty soul destroying seeing the speedy decisions but I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles / there's really no rhyme or reason to the Home Office's antics. Appreciate all cases are different but some consistency would be nice. My MP has made representations twice on my behalf and I've escalated the case with the Home Office as I have urgent family reasons for a speedy decision. While I have a Home Office reference number for that escalation, the Home Office simply hasn't responded. But appreciate those are pretty meaningless.

Amy_R88

Post by Amy_R88 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:38 pm

Can Set LR applicants update their timelines as it would help many who are awaiting their decisions.
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1934798
Thankyou.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:48 pm

That's mine. No further progress yet.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1928038

Ellie6244
Mood:
Australia

Post by Ellie6244 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:50 pm

leatong wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:51 pm
leatong wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:25 pm
rose13 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:18 am
Hi all,
Anyone else applied in April and submitted documents/biometrics via IDV app and still waiting for the decision?
I applied on the 1st of April :(
1st Apr as well. However my type is FLR. I submitted IDV pic on 21st Aug and went for an in-person one as well on 11th Sep. I did all I could do and can only hope for the best...
Update on my case, if anyone is interested. Timeline posted in FLR(M) topic. I booked the next-day appointment after seeing @shahkb's record-breaking approval after in-person submission on 10th Sept. Attended the appointment at Cardiff Library 930am 11th Sept. Got decision just now! The right-to-work website is updated promptly but the pic remain the same, so might be that my case is due anyway? Either or, my 5.5 months' wait is finally over!!!

Question: will UKVI email the BRP delivery information to me? I submitted address change form to UKVI in August but still worry if they will actually ship it to my new address.
im on the same page! i have booked an appointment this friday in croydon even if i did the idv app august 30. hoping for the same turn out just like you!

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:05 pm

leatong wrote:
leatong wrote:
rose13 wrote:
Hi all,
Anyone else applied in April and submitted documents/biometrics via IDV app and still waiting for the decision?
1st Apr as well. However my type is FLR. I submitted IDV pic on 21st Aug and went for an in-person one as well on 11th Sep. I did all I could do and can only hope for the best...
Update on my case, if anyone is interested. Timeline posted in FLR(M) topic. I booked the next-day appointment after seeing @shahkb's record-breaking approval after in-person submission on 10th Sept. Attended the appointment at Cardiff Library 930am 11th Sept. Got decision just now! The right-to-work website is updated promptly but the pic remain the same, so might be that my case is due anyway? Either or, my 5.5 months' wait is finally over!!!

Question: will UKVI email the BRP delivery information to me? I submitted address change form to UKVI in August but still worry if they will actually ship it to my new address.
Hi @Leatong, normally the BRP is shipped the next day of approval or day after next.
Everyone doesn't seem to be getting the tracking number. But you can try calling TNT HMPO service at 03456080630 between 8am to 8pm tomorrow evening or day after tomorrow.
They will ask your name and postcode and let you know if the courier is on the way and when it will be delivered. You can try to check if they can arrange a redelivery to your new address.
I found the helpline quite helpful and friendly as I had to make sure that I was available on the day of delivery as I am going out everyday. I had just called them in anticipation and they were able to see my courier. They also gave me the tracking number. Once you know the tracking number, it can be checked at https://delivery.tnt.com/tracking by popping in postcode and consignment number.
P.S. the courier cannot be tracked on tnt.com but only on delivery.tnt.com.
Hope this helps.

razzmatazz
Newly Registered

Post by razzmatazz » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:20 pm

leatong wrote:
leatong wrote:
rose13 wrote:
Hi all,

That happened to me when I applied for my FLR 2.5 years ago and they shipped everything to my old address even though I had also updated the address with UKVI. Definitely see if someone can keep an eye on everything for you!

irene212
Newly Registered

Post by irene212 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:13 pm

I am a silent reader here and was getting tips from you all sharing your experiences, so I thought I'd like to share my experience to lessen the worries of other who have applied thru IDV.
Timeline:
30 March 2020: Tier 2 ILR application submitted.
28 August 2020: invited to use IDV app. so I used the app the same night and did the photo (? Recognition) submission thru the app.
14 September 2020: email saying ILR is successful and will receive BRP in 7 days.
So they are on the roll to process applications. Hope this helps.

anil5110
Newly Registered
India

Post by anil5110 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:31 pm

Submitted Biometrics today (Dual submission).

Applied for ILR SET (0) - 21st July
IDV app used - 30th Aug

No progress.. So took a chance and submitted biometrics today.

I will keep you posted if any updates.. Fingers Crossed.

Ali313
Newly Registered

Post by Ali313 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:40 pm

irene212 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:13 pm
I am a silent reader here and was getting tips from you all sharing your experiences, so I thought I'd like to share my experience to lessen the worries of other who have applied thru IDV.
Timeline:
30 March 2020: Tier 2 ILR application submitted.
28 August 2020: invited to use IDV app. so I used the app the same night and did the photo (? Recognition) submission thru the app.
14 September 2020: email saying ILR is successful and will receive BRP in 7 days.
So they are on the roll to process applications. Hope this helps.
congratulations on your approval, would you also please update regarding the Photo on BRP, once you received wether it’s the new photo which you have submitted on IDV app or they used the previous BRP photo. :wink:
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:44 pm

@Ali313

Most likely, as one of the users already pointed out, IDV photo (selfie) seems only for identity verification checks. If someone has purely gone via the IDV route, most likely HO will use the old photo for BRP.

In case someone goes via the UKVCAS appointment route OR dual submission where UKVCAS appointment is attended after using the IDV app, the photo on the BRP will be the one captured by UKVCAS.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

applicant1234
Newly Registered

Post by applicant1234 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:40 pm

To anyone looking for free appointments near Yorkshire, I have just checked and luckily found some free appointments in Sheffield.

JULY APPLICANT
Newly Registered
India

Post by JULY APPLICANT » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:44 pm

JULY APPLICANT wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:49 pm
Hello Guys

I have applied for ILR SET(O) Tier 2 Gen on 1st July and submitted all documents subsequently when I got the submit button available.
Opted out of IDV App on 7th Aug and Booked an In person Bio metric appointment on 28th August and submitted bio metrics. Since then I don't see any update on my application.

Don't know if there is something I can do?

Any July applicant here still waiting for the decision.

Good Luck everyone.
Update on my application

Just Recieved an email saying my ILR application is successful.

Thank you very much moderators and everyone here.

I wish you all good luck

going_dicey12
Newly Registered

Post by going_dicey12 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:24 pm

JULY APPLICANT wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:44 pm
JULY APPLICANT wrote:
Hello Guys

I have applied for ILR SET(O) Tier 2 Gen on 1st July and submitted all documents subsequently when I got the submit button available.
Opted out of IDV App on 7th Aug and Booked an In person Bio metric appointment on 28th August and submitted bio metrics. Since then I don't see any update on my application.

Good Luck everyone.
Update on my application

I wish you all good luck
Congrats!! Well done, you must be over the moon! Our dates are nearly identical so you’ve given me something to hold on to :)

Whizart

Post by Whizart » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:54 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Can Set LR applicants update their timelines as it would help many who are awaiting their decisions.
Thankyou.
You can check mines on the below link: May Applicant and still waiting.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/post1 ... l#p1936135

leatong
Newly Registered
China

Post by leatong » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:43 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:05 pm
leatong wrote:

Hi @Leatong, normally the BRP is shipped the next day of approval or day after next.
Everyone doesn't seem to be getting the tracking number. But you can try calling TNT HMPO service at 03456080630 between 8am to 8pm tomorrow evening or day after tomorrow.
They will ask your name and postcode and let you know if the courier is on the way and when it will be delivered. You can try to check if they can arrange a redelivery to your new address.
I found the helpline quite helpful and friendly as I had to make sure that I was available on the day of delivery as I am going out everyday. I had just called them in anticipation and they were able to see my courier. They also gave me the tracking number. Once you know the tracking number, it can be checked at https://delivery.tnt.com/tracking by popping in postcode and consignment number.
P.S. the courier cannot be tracked on tnt.com but only on delivery.tnt.com.
Hope this helps.
Thank you sooo much! I’ll follow your instruction tomorrow.
razzmatazz wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:20 pm

That happened to me when I applied for my FLR 2.5 years ago and they shipped everything to my old address even though I had also updated the address with UKVI. Definitely see if someone can keep an eye on everything for you!
Thank you! Yes I contacted the people living at my previous address, hope it can get sorted well.

Amy_R88

Post by Amy_R88 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:39 am

Whizart wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:54 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Thankyou.

Thanks for sharing. It seems there is no pattern in which applications for set LR are being dealt with. Let's hope we all get our approvals soon.

JULY APPLICANT
Newly Registered
India

Post by JULY APPLICANT » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:10 am

going_dicey12 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:24 pm
JULY APPLICANT wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:44 pm
JULY APPLICANT wrote:
Hello Guys

Good Luck everyone.
Update on my application

I wish you all good luck
Congrats!! Well done, you must be over the moon! Our dates are nearly identical so you’ve given me something to hold on to :)
Thank you. That's definitely a big relief. Hope you get your decision soon.

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:16 am

Hi

We applied on 22nd April and submitted biometric via IDP app on 23 August but no news so far.

So many people applied after us got the ILR.

Definitely no pattern - is there anyone else from April awaiting decision

Thanks

[quote=Amy_R88 post_id=1936198 time=1600148376 user_id=238212]
[quote=Whizart post_id=1936136 time=1600120491 user_id=234678]
[quote=Amy_R88 post_id=1936027 time=1600101487 user_id=238212]
Thankyou.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for sharing. It seems there is no pattern in which applications for set LR are being dealt with. Let's hope we all get our approvals soon.
[/quote]

elorium
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by elorium » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:41 am

Hi everyone,

I am applying for ILR via Tier 2 route. The immigration law firm my company is working with submitted my application end of August just before my Tier 2 visa ran out.

I now received an e-mail from the immigration law firm saying that the Home Office has invited me to download IDV app and submit my identity verification.

I am trying to understand whether it is better to opt out of the app and wait for an appointment or just go with the submission via the app... I've tried to research and look at what others are saying and it seems that there is little data to confirm which route is better... It seems that the applications often get quickly approved shortly after a physical appointment but the issue I have is that I am not the one in charge of booking the appointment - it is the immigration law firm -- and I don't know if they have certain queue conditions / maximum appointment fee mandates etc.

Would anyone be able to offer any advice here?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:17 am

@elorium
I am trying to understand whether it is better to opt out of the app and wait for an appointment or just go with the submission via the app
As per the evidence reported, biometrics submission route has no impact on the decision pace.

Also, for someone who applied only end Aug i.e. just very recently; I would recommend IDV as biometrics submission route will most probably have no impact on the decision pace anyways.

But choice is yours, you can book an appointment instead if you like.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kkkkc
Newly Registered

Post by kkkkc » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:30 am

I noticed yesterday that FREE UKVCAS appointments had been released. They're available at Croydon core and Lansdowne Road (also at Croydon). I managed to book a free slot for tomorrow morning at Lansdowne. I submitted using IDV at the end of August, but I just couldn't be bothered to wait for the app submission to be processed as it's moving extremely slowly from reports we've seen so far.

SWinSW
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by SWinSW » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:38 am

pakhtun1 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:53 pm
SWinSW wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi, Congratulations. When did you originally apply?
Hi, here's my timeline:
1. Applied 1st June
2. Notification of selection for App 23rd July, uploaded supporting docs to UKVCAS website the same day
3. Received notification of App rollout 1st August
4. Invited to use the App 27th August, completed submission the same day
5. Booked face-to-face appointment 3rd September
6. Attended appointment 7th September
7. Received ILR(M) approval letter by email 11th September

Hope that helps :)