ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SWinSW
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by SWinSW » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:45 am

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:05 pm
leatong wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:51 pm
leatong wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:25 pm
rose13 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:18 am
Hi all,
Anyone else applied in April and submitted documents/biometrics via IDV app and still waiting for the decision?
I applied on the 1st of April :(
1st Apr as well. However my type is FLR. I submitted IDV pic on 21st Aug and went for an in-person one as well on 11th Sep. I did all I could do and can only hope for the best...
Update on my case, if anyone is interested. Timeline posted in FLR(M) topic. I booked the next-day appointment after seeing @shahkb's record-breaking approval after in-person submission on 10th Sept. Attended the appointment at Cardiff Library 930am 11th Sept. Got decision just now! The right-to-work website is updated promptly but the pic remain the same, so might be that my case is due anyway? Either or, my 5.5 months' wait is finally over!!!

Question: will UKVI email the BRP delivery information to me? I submitted address change form to UKVI in August but still worry if they will actually ship it to my new address.
Hi @Leatong, normally the BRP is shipped the next day of approval or day after next.
Everyone doesn't seem to be getting the tracking number. But you can try calling TNT HMPO service at 03456080630 between 8am to 8pm tomorrow evening or day after tomorrow.
They will ask your name and postcode and let you know if the courier is on the way and when it will be delivered. You can try to check if they can arrange a redelivery to your new address.
I found the helpline quite helpful and friendly as I had to make sure that I was available on the day of delivery as I am going out everyday. I had just called them in anticipation and they were able to see my courier. They also gave me the tracking number. Once you know the tracking number, it can be checked at https://delivery.tnt.com/tracking by popping in postcode and consignment number.
P.S. the courier cannot be tracked on tnt.com but only on delivery.tnt.com.
Hope this helps.
Hi just to reiterate the post above. Having read this just now I called the number and they were indeed very friendly. Unfortunately they'd had a technical glitch and their tracking systems were down at the moment but they did say they expected to be back online this afternoon and to call back then. Refreshingly courteous service!

leatong
Newly Registered
China

Post by leatong » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:00 am

SWinSW wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:45 am
iamawonder wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:05 pm
leatong wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:51 pm

Question: will UKVI email the BRP delivery information to me? I submitted address change form to UKVI in August but still worry if they will actually ship it to my new address.
Hi @Leatong, normally the BRP is shipped the next day of approval or day after next.
Everyone doesn't seem to be getting the tracking number. But you can try calling TNT HMPO service at 03456080630 between 8am to 8pm tomorrow evening or day after tomorrow.
They will ask your name and postcode and let you know if the courier is on the way and when it will be delivered. You can try to check if they can arrange a redelivery to your new address.
I found the helpline quite helpful and friendly as I had to make sure that I was available on the day of delivery as I am going out everyday. I had just called them in anticipation and they were able to see my courier. They also gave me the tracking number. Once you know the tracking number, it can be checked at https://delivery.tnt.com/tracking by popping in postcode and consignment number.
P.S. the courier cannot be tracked on tnt.com but only on delivery.tnt.com.
Hope this helps.
Hi just to reiterate the post above. Having read this just now I called the number and they were indeed very friendly. Unfortunately they'd had a technical glitch and their tracking systems were down at the moment but they did say they expected to be back online this afternoon and to call back then. Refreshingly courteous service!
Thank you, I was just about to call them after the TNT online chat saying they can't solve this via the chat and gave me the same number above, but saw your post first. I will call later this afternoon.

schen
Panama

Post by schen » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:12 am

Official Tweet from UKVCAS (@ukvcas)
"Morning! Everyone who has applied up to the 4th September should have received an invitation to either use the IDV app or book an appointment. If there are any issues please send us a DM, we will be responding to all DMs until 5pm."

wolver
Newly Registered

Post by wolver » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:33 am

Hi i have submitted my SET (O) application on 3rd September but still i havent received any email for bio-metric appointment . Anyone September applicant received any update ???

RoomOnTheBroom
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by RoomOnTheBroom » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:39 am

@elorium @cullinan

I have followed this topic out of personal interest so I suppose my conclusions might be helpful.

I would say that I can see the following pattern for Set(O) applicants - we now have a few cases of people who applied in August, went for appointments instead of using the app (never used the app) and got their decisions in two-three working days time (myself included). On the other hand there are certainly no cases of August applicants here who used the app (never went to appointments) and got decisions. In fact there are no cases of June or July applicants who just used the app and got approval so far. Hence we can safely say that those August applicants who only used the app will probably have to wait for a few weeks. I am pretty sure that the reason is that the picture submitted via app has to undergo additional verification and for some reason this process takes time at least for now.

So personally based on the data we have so far I would still go for an appointment now if one is available within the next two weeks, if cost is not an object. This situation might change in the near future but we have no data to tell us when or if indeed.

I do these type of analysis for a living so just my two penny :wink:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:42 am

wolver wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:33 am
Hi i have submitted my SET (O) application on 3rd September but still i havent received any email for bio-metric appointment . Anyone September applicant received any update ???
DM UKVCAS twitter handle.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

yobo999
Newly Registered
China

Post by yobo999 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:07 am

I have submitted online partner application end of Aug, I haven’t received any invitation from UKVCAS, anyone in the same boat? :| :|

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:24 am

yobo999 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:07 am
I have submitted online partner application end of Aug, I haven’t received any invitation from UKVCAS, anyone in the same boat? :| :|
Post by schen » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:12 am

"Morning! Everyone who has applied up to the 4th September should have received an invitation to either use the IDV app or book an appointment. If there are any issues please send us a DM, we will be responding to all DMs until 5pm."
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by 31082020 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:47 am

schen wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:12 am
I applied on 31/08/2020, but I haven't received any invitation. I just sent a DM to the UKVCAS twitter handle and they replied " Your application was registered into our system after the 4th". Has anybody been in this situation before, how is it possible and is there anything I can do to rectify this?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:47 am

There is an appointment available at croydon today at 2pm (I know its very short notice) for £110 if someone wants to book on urgent basis.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:48 am

31082020 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:47 am
schen wrote:
I applied on 31/08/2020, but I haven't received any invitation. I just sent a DM to the UKVCAS twitter handle and they replied " Your application was registered into our system after the 4th". Has anybody been in this situation before, how is it possible and is there anything I can do to rectify this?
It is the date you registered your account on UKVCAS, not the date you applied. What date did you register your UKVCAS account??

Shanfeng
Newly Registered
China

Post by Shanfeng » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:51 am

Just an update on my Tier 2 General application (I know it's not very relavant here, but this thread has been really helpful for me) for your reference of timeline:
09/June - application submitted,
28/Aug - documents submitted via IDV App,
15/Sep - application approved, waiting for BRP now

Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by 31082020 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:54 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:48 am
31082020 wrote:
schen wrote:
It is the date you registered your account on UKVCAS, not the date you applied. What date did you register your UKVCAS account??
I did everything on same day, applied to the UKVI, registered on UKVCAS, uploaded my documents and submitted them all on the same day 31/08/2020

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:56 am

Free appointments are going up quickly. As of the time of this post, Monday 21st Sep 9am FREE slot available at Landsdowne Road Croydon.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:58 am

31082020 wrote:

I did everything on same day, applied to the UKVI, registered on UKVCAS, uploaded my documents and submitted them all on the same day 31/08/2020
Maybe contact them again and tell them that you registered an account on UKVCAS on the 31st Aug.

greenandgold123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by greenandgold123 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:00 pm

Hi all.

Really sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but there's a HUGE amount of info to sift through. My wife completed her application for ILR and submitted that with payment back in May. She's now got the link to complete through the app. My question is: for her supporting documents, do we need 6 months prior to her original application date, or 6 months from the app upload? I can't find this info anywhere. Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:02 pm

greenandgold123 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:00 pm
Hi all.

Really sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but there's a HUGE amount of info to sift through. My wife completed her application for ILR and submitted that with payment back in May. She's now got the link to complete through the app. My question is: for her supporting documents, do we need 6 months prior to her original application date, or 6 months from the app upload? I can't find this info anywhere. Thanks!
Date of application is the date you pay and submit online. All documents should be dated accordingly. You do NOT need to update any documents on new dates.

greenandgold123
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by greenandgold123 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:07 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:02 pm
greenandgold123 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:00 pm
Hi all.

Date of application is the date you pay and submit online. All documents should be dated accordingly. You do NOT need to update any documents on new dates.
OK so just to confirm - she didn't upload or submit any of her documents for proof of address, bank statements or any other docs previously. So within the app she now only needs to upload those we had prepared detailing her 6 months prior to the May application?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:09 pm

@greenandgold123

Please ask visa specific questions in your own thread. I am unaware about your history or visa category so can not comment.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Shanfeng wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:51 am
Just an update on my Tier 2 General application (I know it's not very relavant here, but this thread has been really helpful for me) for your reference of timeline:
09/June - application submitted,
28/Aug - documents submitted via IDV App,
15/Sep - application approved, waiting for BRP now
Thank you for this update, this gives me hope as I have a similar time line and only used the IDV app.

Can you confirm that you did not do dual submission and only relied on the app.?

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:21 pm

Hi,
If I have not received an email regarding IDV app when the ukvcas booking system opens for next pool of applicants (registrations after 4th September), does anyone know if I will still be able to view the available appointments and book one?
Also, from past trends is there a specific time the appointments become available for the new pool of applicants? I.e. midnight or 9am etc. or have the been random?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:23 pm

user5 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:21 pm
Hi,
If I have not received an email regarding IDV app when the ukvcas booking system opens for next pool of applicants (registrations after 4th September), does anyone know if I will still be able to view the available appointments and book one?
Also, from past trends is there a specific time the appointments become available for the new pool of applicants? I.e. midnight or 9am etc. or have the been random?
You can follow hit and trial method. The past pattern shows applicants are able to book an appointment/access IDV app even before an official update. So keep checking randomly.

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:23 pm
You can follow hit and trial method. The past pattern shows applicants are able to book an appointment/access IDV app even before an official update. So keep checking randomly.
Thanks! I hadn’t even thought of downloading the app before getting the email so will do that now. Fingers crossed the applications will open up for everyone applying after 4th sep soon.

Sweetlarkee

Post by Sweetlarkee » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:33 pm

Hello Everyone

Just a quick question, we submitted my husbands application on 29 April and biometrics on 29 August using the IDV app. We then also attended a F2F appointment however I have received an email yesterday to make another appointment which goes in the lines of:

Dear Sir/Madam

I am getting in touch regarding your application.

UKVI have contacted us and advised you require an urgent appointment.

In order to progress your application as soon as possible you are now able to book an appointment through your UKVCAS account online. If you are unable to find an appointment in a suitable timeframe you can call the UKVCAS contact centre on 0844 892 0232 and we will facilitate an appointment for you as soon as possible.

Can anyone advise what this means? We have had the application escalated as we need to travel urgently on compassionate grounds and have provided the UKVI with a medical note.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:36 pm

Sweetlarkee wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:33 pm
Hello Everyone

Just a quick question, we submitted my husbands application on 29 April and biometrics on 29 August using the IDV app. We then also attended a F2F appointment however I have received an email yesterday to make another appointment which goes in the lines of:

Dear Sir/Madam

I am getting in touch regarding your application.

UKVI have contacted us and advised you require an urgent appointment.

In order to progress your application as soon as possible you are now able to book an appointment through your UKVCAS account online. If you are unable to find an appointment in a suitable timeframe you can call the UKVCAS contact centre on 0844 892 0232 and we will facilitate an appointment for you as soon as possible.

Can anyone advise what this means? We have had the application escalated as we need to travel urgently on compassionate grounds and have provided the UKVI with a medical note.
Possibly its a delayed response. As long as you have attended your F2F UKVCAS appointment, ignore.