ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sweetlarkee

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Sweetlarkee » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:37 pm

We attended the appointment on 10 September.

Its just getting me worried as alot of people have had responses within 2-3 days of their appointment and by this email it seems our biometrics havent even been received yet.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:42 pm

Sweetlarkee wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:37 pm
We attended the appointment on 10 September.

Its just getting me worried as alot of people have had responses within 2-3 days of their appointment and by this email it seems our biometrics havent even been received yet.
Every case is different. You can not compare your own timeline to anyone else’s personal circumstance. Nothing to worry. Hope for the best and stay positive. Also, majority of the quick responses reported are for Tier 2 applicants.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Sweetlarkee

Post by Sweetlarkee » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:46 pm

Thank you :D

Shanfeng
Newly Registered
China

Post by Shanfeng » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:53 pm

farazk86 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:18 pm
Shanfeng wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:51 am
Just an update on my Tier 2 General application (I know it's not very relavant here, but this thread has been really helpful for me) for your reference of timeline:
09/June - application submitted,
28/Aug - documents submitted via IDV App,
15/Sep - application approved, waiting for BRP now
Thank you for this update, this gives me hope as I have a similar time line and only used the IDV app.

Can you confirm that you did not do dual submission and only relied on the app.?
I only submitted via IDV App, no physical whatsoever.

SWinSW
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by SWinSW » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:15 pm

Sweetlarkee wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:33 pm
Hello Everyone

Just a quick question, we submitted my husbands application on 29 April and biometrics on 29 August using the IDV app. We then also attended a F2F appointment however I have received an email yesterday to make another appointment which goes in the lines of:

Dear Sir/Madam

I am getting in touch regarding your application.

UKVI have contacted us and advised you require an urgent appointment.

In order to progress your application as soon as possible you are now able to book an appointment through your UKVCAS account online. If you are unable to find an appointment in a suitable timeframe you can call the UKVCAS contact centre on 0844 892 0232 and we will facilitate an appointment for you as soon as possible.

Can anyone advise what this means? We have had the application escalated as we need to travel urgently on compassionate grounds and have provided the UKVI with a medical note.
Hi there, I would suggest calling UKVCAS, emailing them via the website or DM'ing on Twitter just to double-check if it's just a delayed response or whether you need to go back in for some reason: why leave anything to chance? My experience has been that you get a more tailored response via email than via the phone and many people have said here that they've had prompt replies via Twitter as well. Good luck 🙂

Sweetlarkee

Post by Sweetlarkee » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:19 pm

I have emailed them using the enquiry form as the phone number charges alot and I have already incurred quite a high phone bill by waiting :cry:

You are right, I dont want to take any chances but I also sent them a twitter message and they confirmed my biometrics had been submitted on 10th :D

Toyaki55
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Toyaki55 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi Everyone

just thought I'd post this to give a bit of perspective. been a silent reader for ages now and this forum has been a source of comfort in the mad reality of our dealing with UKVI!!!

Applied for ILR Route : SET (O) Discretionary leave for the missus on 09 March 2020 and Enrolled 11 July 2020 in Birmingham (in person appointment). Just received Approval email today 15 September 2020 after zero communication and months of waiting!!

Just trying to give a little bit of hope to those of us waiting on decisions not T2G!! I know theres quite a few!!. it did take just over 6 months but hey cant complain too much. now waiting game for my application submitted 11 Aug 2020!!

good luck to everyone still waiting!!

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:34 pm

Based on this forum and other social media updates on Twitter and Facebook, my personal opinion/guideline as below:

- Applicable for ILR Applicants
- Date of payment 1-Mar-2020 to 15-Sep-2020

Situation: Received email with subject starting with UKVI Delay Notice
Action: None. Wait till it is 26 weeks since payment date AND 3 weeks since biometrics/facial image submission date. After that, contact your local MP.

Situation: Already submitted biometrics through in-person UKVCAS appointment
Action: Once it has been 15 weeks since application submitted date AND 3 weeks since biometrics: then contact your local MP

Situation: Already submitted facial image through IDV App, less than 3 weeks ago
Action: If system allows, then book an in-person appointment with UKVCAS, with appointment date after 3 weeks from IDV facial submission date.

Situation: Already submitted facial image through IDV App, more than 3 weeks ago
Action: If system allows, then book in-person UKVCAS appointment at your earliest convenience. Once it has been 15 weeks since application submitted date AND 3 weeks since facial image through IDV: then contact your local MP.

Situation: Received IDV App invite
Action: First, if system allows then book an in-person UKVCAS appointment with date after 3 weeks. Once appointment booked, then submit facial image through IDV App.

Situation: Eligible for biometric reuse, but waiting for IDV App invite
Action: If system allows, then book an in-person UKVCAS appointment

Situation: UKVCAS in-person appointment coming up soon
Action: None. Proceed as normal.

Following above generic guidelines will mean you will not feel anxious about your ILR Application. If you are Tier-2 Applicant, then above applies to you as well just change 15 weeks to 8 weeks.

I am aware that service level for ILR application is 26 weeks but I have given 15 weeks based on data from Facebook, Twitter, ImmigrationBoards, Freedom of Information Requests.

Dheerajitsme
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dheerajitsme » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:42 pm

Hi All,

I have received my ILR through T2G Set(O) route. I applied on 21st April and decided to opt in for IDV App. Did my IDV submission on 25th Aug but there was no communication from UKVI after that.

After that I finally decided to do dual bio-metric submission on 11th Sept at Guildford center and finally received the approval today at 15:10 i.e. after 2 working days. The image i.e. there in Right to work link is still my old BRP image so not sure if IDV or my appointment was factored in for the decision.

This forum has been wonderful support to me throughout. Thank you everyone and all the best to everyone who is waiting for their decision.

BetterHuman
Newly Registered

Post by BetterHuman » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:49 pm

BetterHuman wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:00 pm
A quick update, Just received App invitation this afternoon, have submitted my application SET M on 26th Aug 20.
You may see my full timeline on timeline thread.
Update:
Just received approval decision this afternoon.

application & registration with UKVCAS date: 26/08/2020
Email received for Invitation IDV app : 06/09/2020
Didn't even bother to log in/check on IDV App, made a in-person booking straightaway for 08/09/2020.
Decision received via email: 15th Sept 2020.

Thank you All and especially @CULLINAN for all your updates and feedback on this forum. It has been very helpful, much appreicated.

I now need to apply for Naturalisation via online. Not sure if I can register under same email add or not. Don't wanna get into issue, if they mixed up with my ILR application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:49 pm

@Dheerajitsme
The image i.e. there in Right to work link is still my old BRP image so not sure if IDV or my appointment was factored in for the decision.
The image on your printed BRP will be the new photo captured by UKVCAS.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tkmeetsu
Newly Registered
India

Post by tkmeetsu » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:51 pm

Hello,

I had been a silent reader in this forum and this particular topic helped me a lot in applying for my Tier 2 extension and also helped me in reaching a decision as to whether I should go for IDV submission or in person appointment.

Just giving my timeline here:
Application submission date - 27th July 2020
IDV App Eligible email - 5th August 2020
Invitation to use IDV App - 8th September 2020
In person appointment - 10th September 2020 at Reading Service point (Opted not to use the IDV App)
Application successful email - 15th September 2020

Note:
- 7th September 2020 was the deadline to receive the Invitation to use IDV App. I messaged UKVCAS via Twitter and additionally emailed HO on 7th September evening. Received the invite next day.

Thanks for all your help and best wishes to all who are patiently waiting for the decision!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:51 pm

@BetterHuman

Congratulations 🥳

You can use the same email address if you want. Please keep all your future BC related questions in the BC forum.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:02 pm

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:03 pm

BetterHuman
Newly Registered

Post by BetterHuman » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:10 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:51 pm
@BetterHuman

Congratulations 🥳

You can use the same email address if you want. Please keep all your future BC related questions in the BC forum.
Thank you @CULLINAN. Sure, will do

elorium
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by elorium » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:11 pm

RoomOnTheBroom wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:39 am
@elorium @cullinan

I have followed this topic out of personal interest so I suppose my conclusions might be helpful.

I would say that I can see the following pattern for Set(O) applicants - we now have a few cases of people who applied in August, went for appointments instead of using the app (never used the app) and got their decisions in two-three working days time (myself included). On the other hand there are certainly no cases of August applicants here who used the app (never went to appointments) and got decisions. In fact there are no cases of June or July applicants who just used the app and got approval so far. Hence we can safely say that those August applicants who only used the app will probably have to wait for a few weeks. I am pretty sure that the reason is that the picture submitted via app has to undergo additional verification and for some reason this process takes time at least for now.

So personally based on the data we have so far I would still go for an appointment now if one is available within the next two weeks, if cost is not an object. This situation might change in the near future but we have no data to tell us when or if indeed.

I do these type of analysis for a living so just my two penny :wink:
Thank you very much, that is helpful. The problem is I have no control over appointment booking and that is at the discretion of the immigration law firm that my company works with -- they are supposed to book one for me. And they don't seem to book at is as quickly as I see some people do here on the forum -- whether it's because they have a backlog of applications, or restrictions on the cost of appointment or simply reduced monitoring of appointment slots coming up given that they are less motivated that the individual applications themselves:) Anyway, I am having a call with them to try to gauge how soon I would be able to get an appointment.

Also, my theory is that the speed of processing of applications with the app should pick up as the app is still new and the process/technology only improves over time. I guess the question is how much time as well...

Anyway thanks for your input, will speak with my lawyer and see about the appointment.

NattJes
Newly Registered
India

Post by NattJes » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:14 pm

I am a silent reader in this forum and I thought I should share my experience for those of them awaiting on these decision through IDV app.

Timeline :

Applied for ILR Route : (Set O) Tier 2 General
Date application sent : 10/06/2020
Type of application : Standard (Priority is suspended)
Docs uploaded to UKVCAS : 10/06/2020
Email Received for IDV app use : 28/08/2020 ( submitted liveness check/selfie via app on the same day)
Decision Email received: 15/09/2020 (successful)

All the best for those who are waiting on their decision.

mumofmini

Post by mumofmini » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:41 pm

Hello all

I have applied for SET LR in July, used IDV and have been checking right to work link everyday since. I was able to use my existing BRP number (valid until Aug 2021) and the right to work link has shown correct details (i.e. right to work until expiry date, my photo and conditions of my visa etc).

But today I used this link and even if I input correct details, it now shows that :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your biometric residence card or permit is not valid
Your biometric residence card or permit has either:

expired
been reported lost or stolen
Make sure you use your current biometric residence card or permit number.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what this msg means?
Any idea if they have now processed my ILR app and therefore made my prev visa invalid?

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:51 pm

Just had an appointment in Croydon that I booked yesterday for £110, I applied SET (M) 22nd June and submitted biometrics through IDV App on 28th August, but not sure about the app being fully functional yet.

Overall 10 mins at the appointment, the lady checked my documents, took photo, fingerprints and a digital signature, then she asked me if I am happy for the application to be submitted? I thought they would've been able to see I have already submitted, but hey ho, let's see when can I get an answer from UKVI.

Whizart

Post by Whizart » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:00 pm

Amy_R88 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:39 am
Whizart wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:54 pm
Amy_R88 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:38 pm
Can Set LR applicants update their timelines as it would help many who are awaiting their decisions.
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1934798
Thankyou.

You can check mines on the below link: May Applicant and still waiting.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/post1 ... l#p1936135
Thanks for sharing. It seems there is no pattern in which applications for set LR are being dealt with. Let's hope we all get our approvals soon.
There is certainly no pattern whatsoever. My observation so far is that SET (LR) Application is going at a snail's pace. I haven't seen any SET(LR) applicants reporting a quick decision on this forum or anywhere else. Yes, hope is all we have. Good Luck to you and everyone waiting!. Will keep everyone posted regarding my progress.

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:55 pm

shahkb wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:53 pm
rose13 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:59 pm
shahkb wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:57 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:07 pm

I am thinking of booking an appointment this minute... Really fed up of waiting as I might loose my confirmed place at uni this September...😭
I've literally just booked next day appointment £135. I dont care anymore, enough of waiting and looking at people applied way after me and way before me getting decisions.

Waited more than 5 months !

I will update here.
Hiya... How did it go with your appointment today?
Well well well.

I was there 30 mins early. So they took me in with no hassle.

So it took 10 mins. Fingers prints, Photo and Electronic sign on the pad.

Appointment at 12 pm.

ILR APPROVAL at 3 pm !!!!

The person said to me there isn't any note on your application so nothing is required.

If the photo on my BRP is from the appointment then it might be pre checked application awaiting biometrics. If not, then this was IDV app application approval. I will post this t once I receive the BRP.

Oh one more thing, Cullinan was right as long as my passport was valid at application then there is no issues if passport is expired at biometric stage.

Thank you to all the moderators. You lot have helped alot.

Much appreciated !
UPDATE -

BRP received today 15/09/2020 without tracking number or email.

The photo on the BRP was from Biometric appointment not IDV app selfie.

Now on to Naturalisation application as my ILR was SET M . Good luck to me.

Good luck to all.

RIYER
Newly Registered
India

Post by RIYER » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:17 pm

Hi,

Has anyone who applied for a visa after the 4th of September heard back about IDV/appointment?

I applied right after the 4th and getting increasingly anxious!

daenyt
Mood:

Post by daenyt » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:19 pm

shahkb wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:55 pm

UPDATE -

Good luck to all.
What company have they used to deliver your BRP?

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:26 pm

daenyt wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:19 pm
shahkb wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:55 pm

UPDATE -

Good luck to all.
What company have they used to deliver your BRP?
It came through normal post from Royal Mail. No signature, nothing like that.