ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rose13
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by rose13 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:28 pm

shahkb wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:55 pm
shahkb wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:53 pm
rose13 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:59 pm
shahkb wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:57 pm

I've literally just booked next day appointment £135. I dont care anymore, enough of waiting and looking at people applied way after me and way before me getting decisions.

Waited more than 5 months !

I will update here.
Hiya... How did it go with your appointment today?
Well well well.

I was there 30 mins early. So they took me in with no hassle.

So it took 10 mins. Fingers prints, Photo and Electronic sign on the pad.

Appointment at 12 pm.

ILR APPROVAL at 3 pm !!!!

The person said to me there isn't any note on your application so nothing is required.

If the photo on my BRP is from the appointment then it might be pre checked application awaiting biometrics. If not, then this was IDV app application approval. I will post this t once I receive the BRP.

Oh one more thing, Cullinan was right as long as my passport was valid at application then there is no issues if passport is expired at biometric stage.

Thank you to all the moderators. You lot have helped alot.

Much appreciated !
UPDATE -

BRP received today 15/09/2020 without tracking number or email.

The photo on the BRP was from Biometric appointment not IDV app selfie.

Now on to Naturalisation application as my ILR was SET M . Good luck to me.

Good luck to all.
Thanks for the update... Interesting...! I also attended an appointment on 11th Sep, hoping to receive my decision this week.

schen
Panama

Post by schen » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:30 pm

RIYER wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:17 pm
Hi,

Has anyone who applied for a visa after the 4th of September heard back about IDV/appointment?

I applied right after the 4th and getting increasingly anxious!
Hi, I applied on 5th Sep and haven't heard anything - today is the day when all the IDV invitations/emails are sent to applications until the 4th. So I guess we can hear from them later this week or next week.

Also, I was looking at some immigration statistics earlier today, which says that 97% applications from non-EEA nationals are granted on the year ending March 2020. EEA nationals are probably the same as the overall successful rate was 96% on the year ending March 2019 without mentioning non-EEA specifically.

So, not to worry and I'm sure the invitation/email will arrive shortly.

Quoting the official claim below.
4.2 Settlement
There were 95,120 decisions on applications for settlement in the UK from non-EEA nationals in the year ending March 2020, a 2% increase on the year ending March 2019. Of these, 92,031 (97%) resulted in a grant.
(Source: 1. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... statistics
2. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... statistics)

RIYER
Newly Registered
India

Post by RIYER » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:39 pm

schen wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:30 pm
RIYER wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone who applied for a visa after the 4th of September heard back about IDV/appointment?

Hi, I applied on 5th Sep and haven't heard anything - today is the day when all the IDV invitations/emails are sent to applications until the 4th. So I guess we can hear from them later this week or next week.

Also, I was looking at some immigration statistics earlier today, which says that 97% applications from non-EEA nationals are granted on the year ending March 2020. EEA nationals are probably the same as the overall successful rate was 96% on the year ending March 2019 without mentioning non-EEA specifically.

4.2 Settlement
There were 95,120 decisions on applications for settlement in the UK from non-EEA nationals in the year ending March 2020, a 2% increase on the year ending March 2019. Of these, 92,031 (97%) resulted in a grant.
Thanks for the reply!

I am not a settlement applicant!

I am a tier 4 applicant ! so this is even more stressful!

But thanks for the update xx

M555

Post by M555 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:40 pm

mumofmini wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:41 pm
Hello all

I have applied for SET LR in July, used IDV and have been checking right to work link everyday since. I was able to use my existing BRP number (valid until Aug 2021) and the right to work link has shown correct details (i.e. right to work until expiry date, my photo and conditions of my visa etc).

But today I used this link and even if I input correct details, it now shows that :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your biometric residence card or permit is not valid
Your biometric residence card or permit has either:

expired
been reported lost or stolen
Make sure you use your current biometric residence card or permit number.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what this msg means?
Any idea if they have now processed my ILR app and therefore made my prev visa invalid?
I am Tier 2 set 0 Applicant. Found same thing on Right to work site for me . My spouse, who is PBS dependent , Applying at the same time , still shows valid right to work.
May be some technical glitch as they are processing applicant ? Or may be expecting decision soon?
May be moderators or other applicants with similar experience can shed some light?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:42 pm

@M555

Many have reported the same problem before. Seems like a technical glitch. You have to wait till you hear back from HO. You can not deduce anything from this.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:46 pm

@Riyer

Applicants who applied after 4th Sep: It is best to keep checking your UKVCAS/IDV app at least twice a day. Previous pattern shows system opens up even before an official update.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

schen
Panama

Post by schen » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:50 pm

RIYER wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:39 pm
schen wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:30 pm
RIYER wrote:
Hi,

4.2 Settlement
Thanks for the reply!

I am not a settlement applicant!

I am a tier 4 applicant ! so this is even more stressful!

But thanks for the update xx
Aha, I see! Tier 4 should be more straightforward than settlement but maybe of a different timeline. Standard timeline was 8 weeks max when I applied several years ago (so don't take my word for it). This thread is for ILR and you might want to check out the dicussions here: https://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-ti ... ent-visas/

M555

Post by M555 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:42 pm
@M555

Many have reported the same problem before. Seems like a technical glitch. You have to wait till you hear back from HO. You can not deduce anything from this.
Thanks CULLINAN
Waiting game continues

olu123
Newly Registered

Post by olu123 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:43 pm

I have also been an addicted follower of this forum. This is my application timeline for the ILR set (O)
Application submitted: 03/07/2020
Biometric reuse email: 05/08/2020
Invitation to use UKVCAS IDV app: 04/09/2020
IDV submitted: 06/09/2020
In-house biometric submitted: 14/09/2020
Decision/approval email: 15/09/2020
Advice: If you need an urgent decision go for in-house biometric submission in respective of weather you have already made an IDV submission or not.
Thanks very much CULLINAN for your guidance and everybody on this forum.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:44 pm

Congratulations olu123 🥳

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:05 pm

Let me put forward a question for comparison for those who submitted biometrics in the last 2-4 weeks.

How many of you are waiting who purely submitted biometrics via:

the IDV app ONLY

or

UKVCAS in person ONLY

during 17th Aug - 31st Aug irrespective of the date of application??

Please post as: “I submitted my application on (date) and submitted my biometrics via (UKVCAS only or IDV only) route on (date). I am still waiting.”

NO TIMELINE style posts please.
No dual submission posts.

M555

Post by M555 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:17 pm

olu123 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:43 pm
I have also been an addicted follower of this forum. This is my application timeline for the ILR set (O)
Application submitted: 03/07/2020
Biometric reuse email: 05/08/2020
Invitation to use UKVCAS IDV app: 04/09/2020
IDV submitted: 06/09/2020
In-house biometric submitted: 14/09/2020
Decision/approval email: 15/09/2020
Advice: If you need an urgent decision go for in-house biometric submission in respective of weather you have already made an IDV submission or not.
Thanks very much CULLINAN for your guidance and everybody on this forum.
I have same timeline
IDV submitted only through app on 04/09/2020.
Still waiting ......

MKC
Turkey

Post by MKC » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Hi,

Thanks Cullinan for starting this type of timeline so that we would have a better idea.

I submitted my application on the 14th of May and submitted my biometrics via IDV only on SET(M) route on the 25th of August. I am still waiting.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:38 pm

Please strictly follow the format. This is not intended to be a timeline style post.
Just want to gather more info for comparison.
If anyone posts timeline style posts, moderators may block this trend. Thanks

Format example: “I submitted my application on the 17th of May and submitted my biometrics via (IDV only OR UKVCAS only) on the 28th of August. I am still waiting.“

dannyjjj
Brazil

Post by dannyjjj » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:02 pm

Hello,

Thank you for this board, this is an amazing resource. A fellow Set (O) applicant here. I applied through a solicitor a few days ago, so I have zero control over my application now and no access to the UKVI / UKVCAS accounts either :( Can please anyone who applied through a solicitor and was in a similar situation share what the appointment booking process was like? I cannot even login to UKVCAS to check the appointment availability or check the IDV app as advised here. The only info I got is the UAN. Any options for me here? Am I right in thinking that only the solicitor would be able to opt out of the app and book appointments in my name? :(

enisozkan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by enisozkan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:10 pm

I submitted my application on the 30th of April and submitted my biometrics via (IDV only) on the 04 of September. I am still waiting.“

Vasanthram prakasam
Newly Registered

Post by Vasanthram prakasam » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:14 pm

@olu123 Congrats.. Can you please let me know what you mean by in-house biometrics? I have also submitted by documents through Idv App on 7th September. still waiting to hear on the next steps. I thought using the idv app meant the biometrics from previous visas will be reused..little confused.. Can you please let me know if there are any next steps?

Skeleton
Iran

Post by Skeleton » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:23 pm

I submitted my application on the Third of July and submitted my biometrics via (IDV only) on the 04 of September. I am still waiting.“

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:36 pm

dannyjjj wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:02 pm
Hello,

Thank you for this board, this is an amazing resource. A fellow Set (O) applicant here. I applied through a solicitor a few days ago, so I have zero control over my application now and no access to the UKVI / UKVCAS accounts either :( Can please anyone who applied through a solicitor and was in a similar situation share what the appointment booking process was like? I cannot even login to UKVCAS to check the appointment availability or check the IDV app as advised here. The only info I got is the UAN. Any options for me here? Am I right in thinking that only the solicitor would be able to opt out of the app and book appointments in my name? :(
The best you can do is keep an eye on the UKVCAS flash update and this topic for recent developments.

As the previous pattern shows, system may open up even before an official update.

Many members post their experience here which is very useful for all. Once you get to read that system is open for applicants after 4th Sep, you can push your solicitor to act accordingly.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:37 pm

Vasanthram prakasam wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:14 pm
@olu123 Congrats.. Can you please let me know what you mean by in-house biometrics? I have also submitted by documents through Idv App on 7th September. still waiting to hear on the next steps. I thought using the idv app meant the biometrics from previous visas will be reused..little confused.. Can you please let me know if there are any next steps?
Some people did not use IDV and booked an appointment instead. Once you are sent an IDV invite, you have both options.

In house= UKVCAS in person appointment.

sk1984

Post by sk1984 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:27 pm

Hi,

Is it ok to go for a biometric appointment in person even after submitting through the IDV app? At least it appears in person looks to be faster when it comes to outcome. Also, I am getting a free appointment nearby so it would not do any harm as such.

Regards
SK

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:38 pm

sk1984 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:27 pm
Hi,

Is it ok to go for a biometric appointment in person even after submitting through the IDV app? At least it appears in person looks to be faster when it comes to outcome. Also, I am getting a free appointment nearby so it would not do any harm as such.

Regards
SK
You can if you wish. No harm.

going_dicey12
Newly Registered

Post by going_dicey12 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:59 am

I submitted my application on 30 June and submitted my biometrics via UKVCAS only on 28 August. I am still waiting.

Pat01
Newly Registered
Papua New Guinea

Post by Pat01 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:30 am

SET (M) application submitted on 1st May. Evidence documentation previously uploaded and submitted using UKVCAS online account. Biometrics submitted using IDV app on 27th August. Still waiting.

It does appear that those of us who have used the IDV app for providing biometrics instead of a UKVCAS appointment have been left behind :cry:

afrikano
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by afrikano » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:02 am

I submitted my application on the 08th of June and submitted my biometrics via IDV only on the 27th of August. I am still waiting.