ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

justaquery
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by justaquery » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:42 am

Application submitted on 17th August. IDV invite received on 5th Sep. IDV submission made on 7 Sep. Still waiting for a decision.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:03 am

just received an email got an approval. received an email at 11.51am. good luck everyone. many thanks,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:06 am

heyaheya wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:03 am
just received an email got an approval. received an email at 11.51am. good luck everyone. many thanks,
Congrats 🥳
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:10 am

heyaheya wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:03 am
Congratulations 🥳

Looks like IDV submission is considered but in what order only UKVI knows. You received confirmation exactly after 3 weeks IDV submission.

I will still attend my free appointment just to ensure they have no excuses in case there was an issue with IDV submission.

Goodluck everyone!!

finallyilrlr
Mood:

Post by finallyilrlr » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi all,

May be entirely arbitrary so do let me know - but is there a trend for when the UKVCAS release appointments? Is it early morning or by evening? I only say this because I have tried at several hours of the day with no luck!

Gutted I missed out on the 22nd at Croydon!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:35 pm

finallyilrlr wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:33 pm
Hi all,

May be entirely arbitrary so do let me know - but is there a trend for when the UKVCAS release appointments? Is it early morning or by evening? I only say this because I have tried at several hours of the day with no luck!

23rd Sep onwards is full of free appointments at Landsdowne Road Croydon 9am - 530pm.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

finallyilrlr
Mood:

Post by finallyilrlr » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:35 pm
finallyilrlr wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:33 pm
Hi all,

23rd Sep onwards is full of free appointments at Landsdowne Road Croydon 9am - 530pm.

on the UKVCAS website >book appointments>Landsdowne Road: Its all unavailable. Sorry Im not that tech savvy I cant upload a screenshot!

finallyilrlr
Mood:

Post by finallyilrlr » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:42 pm

Ahh!

This might explain it: If UKVCAS received your application on or after 28 August 2020, you won’t be able to book an appointment at the moment. This is because UKVI are assessing which customers are eligible for biometric reuse and the IDV app.

For those of you who applied between 15 – 28 August 2020, we will be sending you an email to outline next steps. This will let you know if you are eligible to use the IDV app or whether you need to book a UKVCAS appointment.

Watch out for an email called; ‘UKVCAS - book an appointment now’ by 3 September 2020.

If you are eligible for the IDV app, the email will be called; ‘Introducing the UKVCAS IDV app’ and will have instructions for next steps. These emails will be sent by 6 September 2020.

For customers who applied from 28 August 2020, we will be in touch as soon as possible after UKVI update us about your application. << That would be me! :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:44 pm

You can not book an appointment if you applied and registered account with UKVCAS after 4th Sep. The flash message is not updated yet but applicants up to 4th Sep are able to book appointment/access IDV app.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:01 pm

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:18 pm

Important:
From 21 September onwards, ALL customers will need to book an appointment at one of our Service Points. The IDV app will only be available to some T4 students

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:24 pm

I just received email from UKVCAS 3 weeks after submitted IDV

——

Thank you for uploading your supporting documents to the UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service website. We have now completed the following checks of the files that were available as of 16/09/2020.

- Checked for the presence of all mandatory documents
- Checked that all documents are legible
- Checked that all documents been uploaded to the correct category
- Checked for any obvious missing pages
- Checked that all uploaded documents are in either English or Welsh language, or have an accompanying English or Welsh translation.

No action required: Following a review of supporting documents available, we can confirm that:

- Mandatory documents are present in all required categories
- All documents are legible
- All documents have been uploaded to the correct category
- There are no obvious missing pages in any of the documents
- All documents are in either English or Welsh language, or are accompanied with an English or Welsh translation that obviously relates to the original

Please ensure that you have read and understood the full requirements for supporting documents by referring to the applicable guidance notes available on GOV.UK.

If you are unable to correct any of the recommendations above, you have the option of bringing your paper supporting documents with you to your appointment and one of our Service Agents will be able scan and upload this for you (charges may apply).

——

Anyone received email like this ?
I submitted docs on May 18th and IDV Aug 26th
They just sent email now Sep 16th
Anyway I have booked appointment for tomorrow

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:36 pm

null1639 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:24 pm
I just received email from UKVCAS 3 weeks after submitted IDV

——

Thank you for uploading your supporting documents to the UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service website. We have now completed the following checks of the files that were available as of 16/09/2020.

- Checked for the presence of all mandatory documents
- Checked that all documents are legible
- Checked that all documents been uploaded to the correct category
- Checked for any obvious missing pages
- Checked that all uploaded documents are in either English or Welsh language, or have an accompanying English or Welsh translation.

No action required: Following a review of supporting documents available, we can confirm that:

- Mandatory documents are present in all required categories
- All documents are legible
- All documents have been uploaded to the correct category
- There are no obvious missing pages in any of the documents
- All documents are in either English or Welsh language, or are accompanied with an English or Welsh translation that obviously relates to the original

Please ensure that you have read and understood the full requirements for supporting documents by referring to the applicable guidance notes available on GOV.UK.

If you are unable to correct any of the recommendations above, you have the option of bringing your paper supporting documents with you to your appointment and one of our Service Agents will be able scan and upload this for you (charges may apply).

——

Anyone received email like this ?
I submitted docs on May 18th and IDV Aug 26th
They just sent email now Sep 16th
Anyway I have booked appointment for tomorrow
This might be related to your appointment tomorrow, did you buy document checking service as well?

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:37 pm

Hope so. No I didn’t buy any service

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:46 pm

null1639 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:37 pm
Hope so. No I didn’t buy any service
Most likely its part of the system pushing emails for applicants waiting for appointments. Dont worry.

wendel
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by wendel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:22 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have a few quick questions regarding the UKVCAS appointment (I hope I got the correct forum thread!) if you lovely people don't mind answering:

(Settled Status EEA applying for Naturalisation, appointment tomorrow.)

1. I have uploaded and submitted my supporting documents to UKVI through UKVCAS website. Do I have to bring original copies of those documents to my UKVCAS appointment for any double-checking? Or all is left is biometrics and I can leave my originals at home? See below that confuses me a bit:

From the UKVCAS website:
You must upload your supporting documents online before your appointment, and you must bring your original supporting documents with you to your appointment. We have introduced the option to submit your uploaded documents to UKVI before your appointment takes place. This option will be available on the Document upload page until 48 hours before your appointment.
2. If there are supporting documents that I would still like to attach to my application (which I now think could be useful), can I bring them to the appointment, have them scanned and add to my already submitted documents?

Thank you all for help!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:24 pm

@wendel

1) Carry originals only (incase a poor scan needs to be redone). No need to print and carry soft copies. Passport and appointment confirmation is mandatory only.
2) You can upload any documents you want before your appointment through UKVCAS document upload page. UKVCAS staff will submit for you.

Aragon1

Post by Aragon1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:23 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:18 pm
Important:
From 21 September onwards, ALL customers will need to book an appointment at one of our Service Points. The IDV app will only be available to some T4 students
That is concerning. I just hope they didn't mess up leaving us IDV app users in limbo.

robinsingh28
Newly Registered

Post by robinsingh28 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:47 am

Hi All,

Me and my family submitted the visa extension application on 15th April 2020 and still haven't received anything from home office or UKVCAS. We havent been able to book a biometric appointment as no slots are available.

We are currently on the 10 Year Family Route and then we will get the ILR.

It has been 5 months and we have not recieved any email regarding biometric or anything.

Is there anyone else in the same situation? Who has applied in April and still havent been contacted by Home Office or UKVCAS?

I am getting a bit worried to be honest because some people who applied way after me for example, I know someone who applied in July and they got their biometrics done and now waiting for the BRP's to arrive.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Kind Regards!
Robin

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:02 am

robinsingh28 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:47 am
Hi All,

Me and my family submitted the visa extension application on 15th April 2020 and still haven't received anything from home office or UKVCAS. We havent been able to book a biometric appointment as no slots are available.

It has been 5 months and we have not recieved any email regarding biometric or anything.

Is there anyone else in the same situation? Who has applied in April and still havent been contacted by Home Office or UKVCAS?

I am getting a bit worried to be honest because some people who applied way after me for example, I know someone who applied in July and they got their biometrics done and now waiting for the BRP's to arrive.

Kind Regards!
Robin
You should DM UKVCAS twitter on urgent basis and they will sort it out for you. You should have done it way earlier.

Also, for future questions please use the correct link for ILR forum. You are posting in British Citizenship forum.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1937259

Fendi
Bahamas

Post by Fendi » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:13 am

UKVCAS ditching the IDV app for future applications can mean one of two things:
UKVCAS want to restore their stream of income (tough economic times!)
OR
There are serious problems with IDV app!

I hope it’s not the latter and I hope we don’t hear one day the all applicants who used the IDV app need to come in for an appointment!! That would be very bad but not really unprecedented!

I was personally all up for digitisation and efficiency and made sense to me that the app will be used for the future..
I hope if I want to be more optimistic that the current version is ok and functional and they only want to improve it before keeping it but I highly doubt that!!

Still waiting for a decision just like most of you guys!

robinsingh28
Newly Registered

Post by robinsingh28 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:10 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:02 am
robinsingh28 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:47 am
Hi All,

Kind Regards!
Robin
You should DM UKVCAS twitter on urgent basis and they will sort it out for you. You should have done it way earlier.

Also, for future questions please use the correct link for ILR forum. You are posting in British Citizenship forum.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1937259
Thank you so much! I will DM UKVCAS now. I did call up Home Office as well but they are saying yeah it is normal for people to wait this long due to the Covid 19.

Apologies for posting this on the wrong board. I am new to this website so wasn't sure where was I posting this content.

Patoga
Newly Registered

Post by Patoga » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:17 pm

:D :D :D :D
I’ve been following this forum for a while but this is my first post.

Applied for B.C. - 09/05/20
Shortlisted for Biometric reuse - 01/08/20
Invitation to use IDV app - 25/08/20
APPROVAL EMAIL received 17/09/20@ 1.47pm
Many thanks to everyone here and best of luck to all awaiting applicants.
God bless.

Yve
Newly Registered

Post by Yve » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:50 pm

Hi all,
Good news!
Applied for BC on the 31/05/2020
Eligible for Biometrics reuse - 01/08/2020
Invitation to use App - 27/08/2020
Uploaded documents via app - 28/08/2020
Received Approval Letter - 17/09/2020
Ceremony letter - Awaiting ..

Very happy and I wish everyone the best of luck!

Fendi
Bahamas

Post by Fendi » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:24 pm

Two IDV based approvals in one day!! :D :D
Promising!!
And congrats guys!