ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Universal Credit & child Tax Credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mr Javed

Universal Credit & child Tax Credit

Post by Mr Javed » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:07 am

Hello Everyone,

Need urgent help with my universal credit application I am now thinking to apply for it.

But I have ILR & child is british & mrs on tier 2 dependent visa she also have NRPF on her card.

As this forum I can apply for this if I am not taking couple part but I have checked with one immigration solicitor he said I am her sponsor & she is dependent on me if I take any benefits that will impact her future extension.

Solicitor said I can only have if I can request to remove NRPF from her card but of course that will put her 10 years category

I am now bit confused what to do if somebody clear me this question that would be appreciated.

Kinds Regards

Mr Javed

Re: Universal Credit & child Tax Credit

Post by Mr Javed » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:56 pm

If any senior guru reply me on this if I apply for joint application & than asked them to remove couple element can i have that without affecting my wife status?

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:46 am

Mr Javed wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:07 am

Need urgent help with my universal credit application I am now thinking to apply for it.
What happened to £6,500 salary increase you were given, that was needed to meet the ILR requirement for Tier 2? With that large salary increase, you are likely earning too much for UC.

Mr Javed

Post by Mr Javed » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:16 am

Just work part time now in same role because of health issues

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:01 am

Mr Javed wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:16 am
Just work part time now in same role because of health issues
You still might not qualify for the low income benefit Universal Credit. It's worth looking at that first.

Part time on the salary with the pay rise, or on the salalry before the pay rise? What is your salary?

Do you claim New Style ESA, which would be awarded on your contributions of Type 1 NICs and if the required medicals show you cannot work at the time of that medical?

How much is your wife's salary?

Do you have savings? Land or a property you don't live in, in any country?

How many children? If more than 2, when were the children after the first two children, born?

Do you rent?

Mr Javed

Post by Mr Javed » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:29 am

Not claiming anything right now.

I am only the person how is working.

just got one child

salary reduced very badly because of less working.

My main worry not doing something which going to affect future application of mrs otherwise its not worht it.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:48 am

Mr Javed wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:29 am
Not claiming anything right now.

I am only the person how is working.

just got one child

salary reduced very badly because of less working.

My main worry not doing something which going to affect future application of mrs otherwise its not worht it.
That's why I was trying to work out whether you would even be given any benefit money through Universal Credit.

Also, not to draw attention to yourself if you inflated your salary to get ILR. If the salary was reduced again after ILR.

And, unlike the old benefit system that Universal Credit replaces, one parent cannot choose not to work and ask for benefits to keep them and their children.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:08 pm

And you can't just claim you are too sick to work/work full-time and want benefits, you would need to have medicals and they report that you are too sick to work full-time at that time of the medical.

New Style ESA benefit (a contribution based benefit) reduces the amount of Universal Credit money given, as does if you want money towards the cost of your rent.