ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set (LR) English language

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adbhika
Newly Registered
Wales

ILR Set (LR) English language

Post by adbhika » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:25 pm

I recently applied for ILR via 10 years route and submitted all my documents and also used IDV app to submit my photo. This is how I was eligible
2010 September - 2011 December (Tier 4)
2011 December - 2013 Dec (Tier 1 PSW)
2013 Dec - 2018 June (Tier 2 General)
2018 onwards Tier 4 (Doing PhD)

When asked about the proof of Knowledge of English Language during previous visa, I wrote Yes and wrote that during PSW, Tier 2 entry clearance, I had provided the proof.

What I remember was when applying for PSW and Tier 2 I had send my certificate, so I thought that will do the job

And when uploading the documents, I didn't upload any University's certificate. I am now worried if I had to upload the certificate or will they know from my previous BRP or entry clearance about the English language. Will there any impact on my application?
Thank you very much

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Set (LR) English language

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:29 pm

It would be best if you uploaded the University Certificate along with your documents.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

adbhika
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by adbhika » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:44 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:29 pm
It would be best if you uploaded the University Certificate along with your documents.
I just did but the document was already submitted a week ago. Will the new uploaded documents be used by the case workers now?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:45 pm

adbhika wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:44 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:29 pm
I just did but the document was already submitted a week ago. Will the new uploaded documents be used by the case workers now?
No. You can not submit more documents if you already have submitted your application via IDV app. You can upload but can not submit.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

adbhika
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by adbhika » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:47 pm

Also I see for Tier 2 proof of English Language is mandatory along side the sponsorship. And I was employed as software developer, which falls under shortage skills job .

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 pm

You may consider to book a FREE appointment(if possible). Any extra documents not submitted at the time of IDV app submission will be submitted by the UKVCAS staff.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 pm

adbhika wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:47 pm
Also I see for Tier 2 proof of English Language is mandatory along side the sponsorship. And I was employed as software developer, which falls under shortage skills job .
Sponsorship documents are NOT required for ILR based on long residence. It is only if you apply for ILR based on 5 years Tier 2. English and LIUK is mandatory for ALL applicants regardless of ILR route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adbhika
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by adbhika » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:59 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 pm
You may consider to book a FREE appointment(if possible). Any extra documents not submitted at the time of IDV app submission will be submitted by the UKVCAS staff.
Ok cool. If I scan and upload the documents via application, do I need to pay extra for document scanning or document checking? If I don't take any of the service, will I still be able to submit my additional uploaded documents ?

adbhika
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by adbhika » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 pm
adbhika wrote:
Sponsorship documents are NOT required for ILR based on long residence. It is only if you apply for ILR based on 5 years Tier 2. English and LIUK is mandatory for ALL applicants regardless of ILR route.
No I mean to say that when I applied for Tier 2 visa, I had provided the proof of English Language and I have stated that in my application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:06 pm

adbhika wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:59 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 pm
Ok cool. If I scan and upload the documents via application, do I need to pay extra for document scanning or document checking? If I don't take any of the service, will I still be able to submit my additional uploaded documents ?
You can just upload any documents you like. Look for a free appointment. UKVCAS will submit your documents for free. You will be required to provide your biometrics again. But that will be free also if you choose a free slot.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:23 pm

adbhika wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:00 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 pm
adbhika wrote:
No I mean to say that when I applied for Tier 2 visa, I had provided the proof of English Language and I have stated that in my application.
If it is an English test, you can only used it if it is still on the official UKVI list AND you used it in a previous application. You need to provide evidence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adbhika
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by adbhika » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:43 pm

Thank you guys. I have booked a free appointment next week and will try to sort it out. Thank you again for your help