ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by kittycatkeeb » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:16 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:02 pm
I would reiterate this topic is not to discuss unnecessary worries/emotions.
And you're the final arbiter in that? Lol ok.

You get really upset when people have views different to yours on this board. You had an ongoing spat with someone else the other day.

I'll repeat: obtaining ILR is a hugely stressful thing. We are all entitled to worry. There is no single way to quantify unnecessary worrying. Someone might argue that all worrying is unncessary.

I choose to be empathetic and connect with people, whatever they're worrying about, and not be the kind of person who minimises other's emotions and dismisses them. That's a pretty crappy thing to do.

Anyways, my responses were on topic - someone asked specifically about other Set(M) people in the same boat as them, and I responded; and also to your question about anyone still waiting who had an in person appt. You didn't specify a date range.

You can come back and try to minimise my worry and 'win the argument' again but I'm not gonna respond. I'm going to keep connecting with people on the forum and supporting them no matter what.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:19 pm

chace0018 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:54 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:42 pm
@kittycatkeeb
We're entitled to worry as we see fit. I don't see any reason to tell people 'hey don't worry, others have been waiting longer than you' - it's not a contest. We're all stressed.
This topic is not the right place to discuss your unnecessary worries when you only applied in August. Every case is different and you just can not expect getting a quick decision like everyone.
I think it is entirely reasonable for August applicants to express concerns when you see september applicants are getting their approvals. And most people's cases are a lot more straightforward than you think, so some consistency in processing timelines is not a lot to ask
Thanks :D Btw our timelines are very similar + same ILR so will be following your responses closely!

Luluokis29
Mood:

Post by Luluokis29 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:

Please read the topic name before posting. I can understand the worry for someone who applied in March - July but I fail to understand the worry for applicants who just applied in August/Sep. It is too early to expect decisions for them.

You all have the right to be worried (if you want to) but this topic is not the right place to discuss unnecessary worries.

Thank you
Thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:29 pm

@Kittycabkeeb
You get really upset when people have views different to yours on this board. You had an ongoing spat with someone else the other day.
I have repeatedly said, everyone has a right to have their own personal opinion.

Also, I would be the last person to get upset on a “strangers” board.

However, this is NOT the right place to discuss your worries which only takes this thread OFF topic.
You can come back and try to minimise my worry and 'win the argument' again but I'm not gonna respond.
Trust me I have no intentions to minimise “your” worries.

If you persist, maybe moderators will take notice and put you on “thin ice” or ban from the forum if needed.

Please stick to the topic only. Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:31 pm

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:16 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
And you're the final arbiter in that? Lol ok.

I'll repeat: obtaining ILR is a hugely stressful thing. We are all entitled to worry. There is no single way to quantify unnecessary worrying. Someone might argue that all worrying is unncessary.

I choose to be empathetic and connect with people, whatever they're worrying about, and not be the kind of person who minimises other's emotions and dismisses them. That's a pretty crappy thing to do.

Anyways, my responses were on topic - someone asked specifically about other Set(M) people in the same boat as them, and I responded; and also to your question about anyone still waiting who had an in person appt. You didn't specify a date range.

You can come back and try to minimise my worry and 'win the argument' again but I'm not gonna respond. I'm going to keep connecting with people on the forum and supporting them no matter what.
If you do not like the forum rules or topic rules, then maybe you shouldn't post, just read and move on. You are taking this topic completely off subject by being argumentative. Please stick only to the subject of this thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:31 pm

Thank you @CR001.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

cmy_6783
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by cmy_6783 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:33 pm

I submitted my application on 29 March and submitted my biometrics via IDV route on 19 Aug.
No decision so far...
For those who are still waiting as well, hopefully soon we will all hear some good news :D

chace0018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by chace0018 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:35 pm

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:19 pm
chace0018 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:54 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:42 pm
@kittycatkeeb
We're entitled to worry as we see fit. I don't see any reason to tell people 'hey don't worry, others have been waiting longer than you' - it's not a contest. We're all stressed.
This topic is not the right place to discuss your unnecessary worries when you only applied in August. Every case is different and you just can not expect getting a quick decision like everyone.
I think it is entirely reasonable for August applicants to express concerns when you see september applicants are getting their approvals. And most people's cases are a lot more straightforward than you think, so some consistency in processing timelines is not a lot to ask
Thanks :D Btw our timelines are very similar + same ILR so will be following your responses closely!
I actually just received my approval haha, good luck with yours!

schen
Panama

Post by schen » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:

Please read the topic name before posting. I can understand the worry for someone who applied in March - July but I fail to understand the worry for applicants who just applied in August/Sep. It is too early to expect decisions for them.

You all have the right to be worried (if you want to) but this topic is not the right place to discuss unnecessary worries.

Thank you
Can't agree more. Thank you!

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:

Thank you
I totally agree with you CULLINAN. This forum is to share information and advice in an objective way and not for calming down people and re-assuring them one by one.

I am a September applicant and although I have to re-mortgage soon, I keep calm and patient as there are people who have been waiting since March/April and they might have more important emergencies than mine. Also one should not care who got the decision before them or after as each application has its particularities.

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:43 pm

Guy’s Let’s be reasonable here, we are in unprecedented times and had it not been for COVID_19 most people would have gone for Super priority or a Priority Appointments, but now this is not possible. I also note that some people who applied especially on Tier 2 are getting decisions quickly as well as SET (M) and SET (LR) fleetingly. As all who applied, and are currently applying through UKVI are put on the standard route where the service standard processing time is 6 months and until 6 months elapses UKVI will be in their agreed service times. We cannot worry over things we do not have control off let’s keep calm, and one way or the other a decision will be made eventually.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:44 pm

Thank you @Luluokis29 @Schen @Ameline. Hope you all get very quick decisions 🙏

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:00 pm

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:07 pm

Note; the IDV app was only introduced to meet the pend-up demand caused by Covid-19. UKVI are currently assessing how the IDV app will be used moving forward. Currently only Student T4 applications will use the IDV app.
If UKVCAS received your application on or after 5 September 2020, we are pleased to let you know that from 21 September, you will be able to book a UKVCAS appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:10 pm

We are delighted to let you know that the normal UKVCAS service will resume on 21 September 2020. This means that UKVCAS customers will be able to book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point as soon as they register with UKVCAS and no longer need to wait to receive an invitation email from us.

From 21 September onwards, ALL customers will need to book an appointment at one of our Service Points. The IDV app will only be available to some T4 students.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:11 pm

Finally the backlog has subsided. All applicants should now meet their biometrics deadline mentioned at the further actions page @UKVI.

Goodbye IDV app except T4 !!
Last edited by CULLINAN on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:14 pm

beat me to it @CULLINAN! I have been refreshing the UKVCAS page every 10 minutes and the one time I'm doing something else they update it haha!

Sounds like priority and super-priority might make a come back sooner than expected then? But who knows! :| :| :roll: :roll:
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:16 pm

Important:
From 21 September onwards, ALL customers will need to book an appointment at one of our Service Points. The IDV app will only be available to some T4 students

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:17 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:14 pm
beat me to it @CULLINAN! I have been refreshing the UKVCAS page every 10 minutes and the one time I'm doing something else they update it haha!

Sounds like priority and super-priority might make a come back sooner than expected then? But who knows! :| :| :roll: :roll:
:P

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:20 pm

Time to continuously refresh the UKVI page now in the hope that they re-introduce priority and super-priority or some news about it at least before I have to go through with the biometrics booking (i.e. 21st Sept) :lol: :lol:
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:21 pm

"From 21 September onwards, ALL customers will need to book an appointment at one of our Service Points. The IDV app will only be available to some T4 students"

This is awesome news. I had always seen IDV as a temporary measure. Also UKVCAS will show you available appointments as soon as you register so no more waiting to be invited. This brings so much relief and clarity.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:25 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:20 pm
Time to continuously refresh the UKVI page now in the hope that they re-introduce priority and super-priority or some news about it at least before I have to go through with the biometrics booking (i.e. 21st Sept) :lol: :lol:
If you have already applied you can not change the service standard even if super priority is resumed now.

ben2019
Newly Registered

Post by ben2019 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:32 pm

At what time does UKVCAS normally open for the booking? I assume people who applied just after Sep 4 deadline, including myself, will now have to compete for next week's available slots?

SWinSW
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by SWinSW » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:33 pm

Hi all just an update on the BRP, which arrived today pretty much bang on schedule. The photo on the card was from my 2018 in-person biometrics appointment when I got FLR, so that doesn't resolve the question of whether it was using the app or going for the subsequent appointment that did the trick this time.

On another note, the delivery guy from TNT was lovely and friendly but didn't ask for a signature nor for ID (even when I offered it) when he handed the document over, which is a bit worrying given that TNT's tracking system has been down for two days now...

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:25 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:20 pm
If you have already applied you can not change the service standard even if super priority is resumed now.
Yes, I understand, but surely I can withdraw and re-apply as my current leave has not expired/been curtailed.