ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa Extension with Not Updated Police Registration due to COVID-19

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrstudent
Newly Registered
Egypt

Tier 4 Visa Extension with Not Updated Police Registration due to COVID-19

Post by mrstudent » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:18 pm

Hello all, I am currently applying for a masters degree for September 2020 after finishing my BSc and receiving my grades tomorrow.

However, I realised I had forgotten to update my police registration with my term time in 17/18 and 18/19 ( I had to resit my second year) and my new passport number. I've tried going to my local police station, however they told me they cannot update my passport number or update old addresses. Sussex police says that the nationality unit can do that however they are not working due to COVID-19.

Does anyone have any experience or advice with this? I have proof of address for that time, and my new passport but I am afraid of my visa being rejected due to this. They say applications will not be affected by this but I'm afraid since my addresses and new passport number are pre-corona days that they'll refuse me for that. I've already contacted my university immigration advice. Thank you for your time.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Visa Extension with Not Updated Police Registration due to COVID-19

Post by sah10406 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:29 am

It is covered in the Home Office's guidance for Tier 4 applications during the pandemic, page 13:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... m-students

UKCISA has also addressed it in their pandemic guidance for students:

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... l-students > Police Registration
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.