ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jeannot88

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Jeannot88 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:29 pm

[quote=Yve post_id=1937456 time=1600350658 user_id=237881]
Hi all,
Good news!
Applied for BC on the 31/05/2020
Eligible for Biometrics reuse - 01/08/2020
Invitation to use App - 27/08/2020
Uploaded documents via app - 28/08/2020
Received Approval Letter - 17/09/2020
Ceremony letter - Awaiting ..

Very happy and I wish everyone the best of luck!
[/quote]

Congrats @Yve!
We applied on the same day and our timeline is almost exactly the same. Please could you share your category, is it under 5 years +1yr ILR or married to a BC? Thanks

Yve
Newly Registered

Post by Yve » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:08 pm

Married to a BC

PJUKVIS
Newly Registered

Post by PJUKVIS » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:08 pm

After a successful decision letter by the Home Office, does anyone know if:

1) The ceremony letter will be sent by the Home Office or relevant Local Authority?

2) The ceremony letter will be sent by post or email?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:15 pm

PJUKVIS wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:08 pm
After a successful decision letter by the Home Office, does anyone know if:

1) The ceremony letter will be sent by the Home Office or relevant Local Authority?

2) The ceremony letter will be sent by post or email?

Thanks
1) HO
2) Post
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:23 pm

UKVCAS Service Point Update 17 Sep:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:03 pm

In my personal observation, EEA nationals who went via PR/settled status and applicants who applied via British Spouse are getting quicker decisions.. in majority cases...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:36 pm

Helpful post
by schen » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:28 pm

Just received an email from UKVCAS to book appointment. They are now sending emails to "applications between 5 – 11 September 2020", so please watch out if you belong to that group or try luck by logging into your UKVCAS account. My application was made on 5th Sep.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:13 pm

Couple of questions guys.

1. At what stage are you not allowed to go out of the country once you are in application stage.
a. After submitting Biometircs (direct or via app) -- don't think this is the stage.
b. After receiving the approval email/letter
c. After attending oath ceremony

2. Anyone who submitted bio via app in Sept got the approval yet?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:16 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:13 pm
Couple of questions guys.

1. At what stage are you not allowed to go out of the country once you are in application stage.
a. After submitting Biometircs (direct or via app) -- don't think this is the stage.
b. After receiving the approval email/letter
c. After attending oath ceremony

2. Anyone who submitted bio via app in Sept got the approval yet?
You are free to travel once you have submitted the application and/or biomterics. You are only British once you have attended your ceremony.

Once you have attended your ceremony, you have to return your ilr brp within 5 days, so you will have to apply for a British passport before you travel.

Please do NOT ask general questions in this topic, which is ONLY for biometric/IDV questions and issues.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lifeRockss1

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:43 pm

Thanks CR001,

really sorry, how did I forget to NOT post non-appointment query here :cry:.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:19 pm

Anyone who has applied 5th Sep - 11th Sep, the system is open to book an appointment.

Xdee
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Xdee » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:19 am

I applied on 6th September, I have received an email to use IDV app and access in app yesterday :o , However ukvas flash message said its only for applicant before 5th September, I prefer app over going for appointment physically but not sure if that will be a good idea in this mixed messaging.

finallyilrlr
Mood:

Post by finallyilrlr » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:32 am

I can only start booking an appointment from Monday onwards - I was wondering if anyone can let me know when the earliest appointment is available so far in all of London? Paid or free ... I have a work trip I need to plan by this weekend so would be good to have a *rough* idea!

Tropical Breeze
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Tropical Breeze » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:46 am

Hi All,

I have been lurking this forums and find it extremely helpful. Thanks to all the contributors moderators, Gurus etc.

Recently applied for BC see my timelines below. My situation is a little bit peculiar and have not found this on this forum hence the question. I received email to use UKVCAS App before receiving biometric reuse email. I have submitted my picture and liveness check through app, however not sure what to do with regard to fingerprints. Do I need to book an appointment or wait for reuse notification?

Applied for BC on the: 09/09/2020
Received Acknowledgment from HO: 10/09/2020
Uploaded and submitted documents: 11/09/2020
Invitation to use IDV App - 17/08/2020
Uploaded picture via IDV app - 17/08/2020
Eligible for Biometrics reuse - Awaiting
Received Approval Letter - Awaiting ..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:54 am

Xdee wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:19 am
I applied on 6th September, I have received an email to use IDV app and access in app yesterday :o , However ukvas flash message said its only for applicant before 5th September, I prefer app over going for appointment physically but not sure if that will be a good idea in this mixed messaging.
That is an error. Do NOT use the app. Book an appointment on/after 5th Sep applicants.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:56 am

finallyilrlr wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:32 am
I can only start booking an appointment from Monday onwards - I was wondering if anyone can let me know when the earliest appointment is available so far in all of London? Paid or free ... I have a work trip I need to plan by this weekend so would be good to have a *rough* idea!
When did you apply? If you applied 5th - 11th Sep, system is already open... otherwise yes after 21st Sep..free appointments are eaten up very quick..
Earliest London Premium Lounge 22nd Sep £199.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:58 am

Tropical Breeze wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:46 am
Hi All,

I have been lurking this forums and find it extremely helpful. Thanks to all the contributors moderators, Gurus etc.

Recently applied for BC see my timelines below. My situation is a little bit peculiar and have not found this on this forum hence the question. I received email to use UKVCAS App before receiving biometric reuse email. I have submitted my picture and liveness check through app, however not sure what to do with regard to fingerprints. Do I need to book an appointment or wait for reuse notification?

No. Time of email received is irrelevant. You do not have to do anytime now. You already submitted your facial image via IDV. HO will reuse your fingerprints.

Tropical Breeze
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Tropical Breeze » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:01 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:58 am
Tropical Breeze wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:46 am
Hi All,

No. Time of email received is irrelevant. You do not have to do anytime now. You already submitted your facial image via IDV. HO will reuse your fingerprints.
Thanks for the reply. Can you expand a little bit please. How do I know HO can reuse fingerprints if I have not received confirmation from them that they can reuse? What if they send notification saying it can not be reused?

Sorry being a little paranoid with so much confusion with regard to the process.
Last edited by Tropical Breeze on Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:03 am

@Tropical Breeze
I received email to use UKVCAS App before receiving biometric reuse email.
You would not be able to access/login the IDV app if you were NOT in the biometrics reuse pool.

Tropical Breeze
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Tropical Breeze » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:05 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:03 am
@Tropical Breeze
I received email to use UKVCAS App before receiving biometric reuse email.
You would not be able to access/login the IDV app if you were NOT in the biometrics reuse pool.
Ok understood, thank you again.

Waiting game continues :)

finallyilrlr
Mood:

Post by finallyilrlr » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:12 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:56 am
finallyilrlr wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:32 am
When did you apply? If you applied 5th - 11th Sep, system is already open... otherwise yes after 21st Sep..free appointments are eaten up very quick..
Earliest London Premium Lounge 22nd Sep £199.
Thank you so much kind sir! You have been so helpful to everyone on here, this forum is lucky to have you! :D

lc42
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by lc42 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:18 am

Xdee wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:19 am
I applied on 7 September and got the IDV app invite last night and submitted via IDV today. I contacted UKVCAS via Twitter just now and asked for clarity on what they said about people needing to book appointments if they applied after 5 September, and they confirmed I don’t need to book an appointment since I used IDV.

Xdee
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Xdee » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:21 am

I contacted them on twitter too and they said if i have received an invite, i can use IDV app.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:51 am

I would still suggest anyone who applied after 5th Sep to follow official updates ONLY and book an appointment to avoid disappointment later on. UKVCAS staff previously has given faulty information on several occasions.

Xdee
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Xdee » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:00 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:51 am
I would still suggest anyone who applied after 5th Sep to follow official updates ONLY and book an appointment to avoid disappointment later on. UKVCAS staff previously has given faulty information on several occasions.
Thanks CULLINAN, I agree, got an appointment for 29th now.