ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - tier 2 dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILR-1982
Malaysia

Living Together

Post by ILR-1982 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:42 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am tier 2 dependant holder and have been living in UK for 5 years. My first grant of tier 2 dependant visa is from 2015-2018 and my second grant of tier 2 dependant visa is from 2018-2021. I would like to apply for indefinite leave to remain. One of the requirement is as follow:

You must also have been living with your partner in the UK for at least:
- 5 years if you applied for your current visa on or after 9 July 2012

Please could you advise what documents are required in order to prove my 5 years living with my husband?
So far I do only have joint name water bills for 5 year. I do not have other 5 year long joint name documents.
Please could you advise? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Living Together

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:45 pm

Is your spouse also applying for ILR or already holding ILR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR-1982
Malaysia

Post by ILR-1982 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:08 pm

My husband has been granted indefinite leave to remain. I am going to apply ILR, where my current status is Tier 2 dependant.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:10 am

Presumably your husband got ilr based on 5 years tier 2 and not 10 years long residence?

You need two years evidence of cohabitation to prove suabsisting relationship. You need items from 3 to 6 different sources either in joint names or addressed to each of individually, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months.

Things like utility bills, tenancy agreement, council tax, TV licence,HMRC letters, NHS letters etc etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR-1982
Malaysia

Post by ILR-1982 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:31 am

Thanks for your reply.
My husband got ILR based on 5 year route Tier 2 (General), he got his ILR in June 2020.
In term of the two year cohabitation evidence, so far I have prepared the documents as below:

Joint Name Water bill issue date:17 Feb 2018, this is a year long water rate covering all the payments from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019

Joint Name Council Tax (Annual) - issue date: 12th March 2018

Separate Bank Statements of September 2018 - Me and my husband

Joint Name Water bill issue date: 5 March 2019, this is a year long water rate covering all the payments from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020

Joint Name Council Tax (Annual) - issue date: 15th March 2019

Separate Bank Statements of September 2019 - Me and my husband

Joint Name Water bill issue date: 2 March 2020, this is a year long water rate covering all the payments from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021

Joint Name Council Tax (Annual)- issue date: 11th March 2020

Electricity bill issue at 1st September 2020

The joint name bills we have are council tax, water bill and electricity bill. The joint name of electicity started in Feb 2020. In addition to the above statements, I have marriage certificate and letter from our church pastor confrmining that we are living together at the same address for 5 years.

Please could you advise if it is sufficient for my case?
Many Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:06 pm

Good to go.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ILR-1982
Malaysia

Child Dependant ILR

Post by ILR-1982 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:32 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

My husband got his Indefinte Leave to Remain under Tier 2 general (5 year route) in June 2020.
I have been living in UK with my husband for 5 years together with my 2 children (both under 10 years old). All of us holding Tier 2 dependant visa, our first grant of Tier 2 dependant is from 2015-2018 and second grant of Tier 2 dependant is from 2018 -2021. My questions are as below:

1. Would it be okay for me to apply for my Indefinite Leave to remain first, after some time (while my ILR application still under processing) I then apply for ILR for my 2 children? Would this cause any problem?

2. Would it be okay for all of us (2 children and myself) submit ILR application at the same time? Would this cause any problem?

3. Have you heard of the possibility of rise of ILR application fee in the near future?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child Dependant ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:42 am

1. Yes you can apply first, no issue, provided you apply for children before their visa expire. It is simpler to apply together though.

2. You can apply together, it is simpler to do this and only requires one form.

3. Fees increase in April each year. Unclear what you have heard or where you heard it!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ILR-1982
Malaysia

Post by ILR-1982 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:59 am

Dear CR001,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Apart from the 2 children I mentioned earlier, I had a new born baby in April 2020. The baby was born in England and his birth certificate was issued by local council in July 2020. Having my husband only who got indefinite leave to remain (June 2020) at this moment (I haven't got indefinite leave to remain yet), I have following questions:

1. Does my new born baby eligible to do naturalization at the moment?

2. Can we do naturalization for the baby after I got my Indefinite Leave to Remain, this would probably after 6 month time? When would be the latest that I have to do naturalization for the baby?
(Having to do naturalization for the baby in later stage can ease our financial burden)

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:09 am

1. Does my new born baby eligible to do naturalization at the moment?
Children are registered as British. Only adults are Naturalised. Yes, once either parent has ILR you can register the UK born child as British.
2. Can we do naturalization for the baby after I got my Indefinite Leave to Remain, this would probably after 6 month time? When would be the latest that I have to do naturalization for the baby?
(Having to do naturalization for the baby in later stage can ease our financial burden)
The UK born child has an entitlement to register as British at any time once EITHER parent has been granted ILR. There is no 'deadline' other than it must be done before the childs 18th birthday.

Please also do not as British citizenship questions in your iLR topic or the ILR sub forum as they are not relevant here. You should ask these questions in the British citizenship sub forum please.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ILR-1982
Malaysia

Appropriate Form of ILR application?

Post by ILR-1982 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:00 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Tier 2 dependant visa holder and would like to apply for indefinite leave to remain together with my 2 children, they are having Tier 2 dependant visa as well. I have been living with my husband for 5 years and he has been granted an indefinite leave to remain under 5 year route Tier 2 (General) in June 2020. For your information, our first grant of Tier 2 dependant is from 2015-2018 and second grant of Tier 2 dependant is from 2018-2021.

May I ask is it correct to fill up Set(O) form for our appllication of indefinite leave to remain? If not, please could you advise further? Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Appropriate Form of ILR application?

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:26 pm

ILR-1982 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:00 pm
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Tier 2 dependant visa holder and would like to apply for indefinite leave to remain together with my 2 children, they are having Tier 2 dependant visa as well. I have been living with my husband for 5 years and he has been granted an indefinite leave to remain under 5 year route Tier 2 (General) in June 2020. For your information, our first grant of Tier 2 dependant is from 2015-2018 and second grant of Tier 2 dependant is from 2018-2021.

May I ask is it correct to fill up Set(O) form for our appllication of indefinite leave to remain? If not, please could you advise further? Thank you.
SET(O) correct.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:06 am

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ILR-1982
Malaysia

Post by ILR-1982 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:01 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

Further to the previous question, I am now filling up the SET(O) form to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain for myself and 2 children. All of us are holding Tier 2 - dependant Visa, and my husband got Indefinite Leave to Remain in June 2020 under 5 year route Tier 2(General). While filling up the SET(O) form, I feel strange about the options given by the following question:

Which visa is (my husband name) applying for or been granted?
Choose the route that (my husband name) has applied for or been granted, even if their application is still being processed.

The options are as follow:
- Tier 2 (General) visa
- Tier 2 (Sportperson) visa
- Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) visa
- Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa - Long-term Staff
- Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa - Short-term Staff
- Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa - Graduate Trainee

As my husband has got indefinite leave to remain, and there is no option for indefinite leave to remain. This makes me feel worrying that I could have filling up the wrong form. Please could you explain to me about this? I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:04 am

Choose Tier 2 General. You are filling the correct form. This is the correct option to choose.

ILR-1982
Malaysia

Post by ILR-1982 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:33 pm

Thank you for your response.

I just about to complete the SET(O) form for ILR application.

At the end of the application form, there is a requirement of the proof of financial support.

As a Tier 2 Dependent along with 2 children, please could you advise how many months of bank statement is required? How much saving they expect to see?

Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:42 pm

None. There is no maintenance requirement for PBS dependents. Which question are you referring to exactly??

All you need is 2 years of cohabitation documents for yourself with your partner.

ILR-1982
Malaysia

Post by ILR-1982 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:52 pm

Sorry if my question was confusing.

I am now filling up the SET(O) form to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain for myself and 2 children. All of us are holding Tier 2 - dependant Visa, and my husband got Indefinite Leave to Remain in June 2020 under 5 year route Tier 2(General). At the end of the SET(O) form, one of the required documents is as below:

''Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on (my husband's name) for joint accounts or third party support''

Based on the required document as above, I am not sure if the home office would like to check if we have enough fund to be supported? If so, please could you advise how many months of bank statements and how much saving is expected?

Many Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:54 pm

No. There is a consent form with 3 parts. You will sign Part 1. Your husband will sign Part 2 for you. I am assuming you know you have to submit cohabitation documents. So because of those joint documents, he will sign this part.

ILR-1982
Malaysia

Application Fee

Post by ILR-1982 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:28 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a tier 2 dependant visa and my 2 children are tier 2 dependant as well. We are going to apply indefinite leave to remain. At the moment, I heard of there is a price increase of Immigration Health Surcharge from £400 per year to £624 per year from 1st October 2020. The detail is as below:
https://iasservices.org.uk/immigration- ... 24-09-2020

Due to the rise of Immigration Health Surcharge, does my application fees (along with my children) of indefinite leave to remain will be raised as well?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application Fee

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:33 pm

ILR-1982 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:28 pm
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a tier 2 dependant visa and my 2 children are tier 2 dependant as well. We are going to apply indefinite leave to remain. At the moment, I heard of there is a price increase of Immigration Health Surcharge from £400 per year to £624 per year from 1st October 2020. The detail is as below:
https://iasservices.org.uk/immigration- ... 24-09-2020

Due to the rise of Immigration Health Surcharge, does my application fees (along with my children) of indefinite leave to remain will be raised as well?

Topics Merged!!! Keep all your questions in one topic please.

There is NO fee for IHS payable for ILR.

The ILR fees have NOT increases yet. They usually increase in April each year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ILR-1982
Malaysia

Maintenance Requirement

Post by ILR-1982 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:59 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a tier 2 dependant visa and my 2 children are tier 2 dependant as well. We are going to apply indefinite leave to remain, where my husband has obtained indefinite leave to remain under 5 year route (Tier 2). When submitting the application, please could you advise what is the maintenance requirement?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Maintenance Requirement

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:08 am

ILR-1982 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:59 pm
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a tier 2 dependant visa and my 2 children are tier 2 dependant as well. We are going to apply indefinite leave to remain, where my husband has obtained indefinite leave to remain under 5 year route (Tier 2). When submitting the application, please could you advise what is the maintenance requirement?
There will be no maintenance funds required at ILR stage.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ILR-1982
Malaysia

Application Fees(Pay Separately)

Post by ILR-1982 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:42 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

I filled up the Set(O) form to applied for indefinite leave to remain for myself alongside with my 2 Children. All of us are under Tier 2 dependant Visa. The total payments are GBP7200++, and I am only able to pay with 2 different credit cards since this is a big chunk of money. Prior to that, I rang home office and I have been informed that I am able to do so. However, when I about to start paying, I do not have any option to make payments separately for different applicants. Perhaps, I missed out something? My questions are as below:

(1) Please could you advise how to pay separately for one ILR application? Is that because of setting issue ? (e.g I should use different email addresses for myself and my children rather than just one email address for all of us?)

(2) Suppose I submit my ILR application, then made payment for myself. I then subsequently submit my 2 children ILR application and made payment. In other words, I made these 2 applications at the same day. Please could you advise if there is any risk? (e.g the home office happen to be firstly processing my 2 children application without knowing that I am applying and lead to rejection?)

Many thanks for your advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Application Fee

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:50 am

You all are in one account. I am afraid you will have to make payment with ONE credit/debit card. You can not split the payments unless you have two different accounts and apply separately which is not advisable.