ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jsinn
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Jsinn » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:40 pm

alog1 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:34 pm
Thanks Gurus and volunteers for advice and support. Got my approval. I have shared my time line below

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1937870
Did they check the originals when you went for in - person appointments?

RIYER
Newly Registered
India

Post by RIYER » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:54 pm

Did anyone just use the IDV app and get a decision?

I don't want to book an in person appointment - but I am wondering if this will mean that it will take ages to get a decision!

Thanks

ssasi2020

Post by ssasi2020 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:15 pm

Applied on 10 September flr fp parent 5 years
Last night got email, notifications to use idv app
But i can also see free appointment available in Southampton so booked it for next week .

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:16 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:57 am
Cristina88 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:22 am
Hi master Cullinan
I have a question on submission, if I pay & submit application on 20th Sep and say wait a week before booking appointment (wait to see just in case super-priority opens up) does that push back us in the queue ?

simply put, if I pay & submit application on 20th Sep - what difference will it make if I book appointment on 21st Sep or 28th Sep?

Thanks a lot
You can NOT change the service standard after you pay and submit. Date of application is the date you pay and submit. Date of biometrics is irrelevant. If you wish to wait, DO NOT pay and submit now (Given if your leave to remain is not expiring of course. You must apply before expiry anyways).
Cullinan sir, just to understand.. if I pay & submit on Sunday 20th Sep and want to go for standard appointment only. Then when is earliest I can book standard appointment (I guess 21 Sep when window opens for everyone) and when is latest I can book standard appointment (is there a rule that after submission I have to take appointment in certain number of days or so?)

Thanks a lot

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:17 pm

RIYER wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:54 pm
Did anyone just use the IDV app and get a decision?

I don't want to book an in person appointment - but I am wondering if this will mean that it will take ages to get a decision!

Thanks
If you are in urgent need of decision, its best to test your luck via the appointment route.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:18 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:16 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:57 am
Cristina88 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:22 am
Hi master Cullinan
I have a question on submission, if I pay & submit application on 20th Sep and say wait a week before booking appointment (wait to see just in case super-priority opens up) does that push back us in the queue ?

simply put, if I pay & submit application on 20th Sep - what difference will it make if I book appointment on 21st Sep or 28th Sep?

Thanks a lot
You can NOT change the service standard after you pay and submit. Date of application is the date you pay and submit. Date of biometrics is irrelevant. If you wish to wait, DO NOT pay and submit now (Given if your leave to remain is not expiring of course. You must apply before expiry anyways).
Cullinan sir, just to understand.. if I pay & submit on Sunday 20th Sep and want to go for standard appointment only. Then when is earliest I can book standard appointment (I guess 21 Sep when window opens for everyone) and when is latest I can book standard appointment (is there a rule that after submission I have to take appointment in certain number of days or so?)

Thanks a lot
Earliest, system will open up on 21st Sep for you. The actual date of appointment depends on what you choose, free/paid/availability etc.
The deadline is 2 months from date of application. You must book an appointment before that. The actual deadline will be mentioned on further actions page AFTER you pay and submit.
Note: Once you pay and submit, you can NOT change the service standard even if super-priority resumes later on.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

alog1
Mood:
India

Post by alog1 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:25 pm

Jsinn wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:40 pm
alog1 wrote:
Thanks Gurus and volunteers for advice and support. Got my approval. I have shared my time line below

Did they check the originals when you went for in - person appointments?
Yes, The current passport and appointment confirmation letter. Nothing else was asked.

alog1
Mood:
India

Post by alog1 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:26 pm

ben2019 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:42 pm
alog1 wrote:

Wow, yours is really fast! Congratulations! I will do my biometric next week and hopefully can get the decision this month.
Thank you! Good luck!

tseong
Newly Registered

Post by tseong » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:56 pm

Just to share, I submitted via app of 22.08.2020 with no news post submission. Managed to get a free appointment for 2pm earlier today in Croydon and received my approval at 4.30pm. Just waiting for BRP now and definitely glad all this is almost over for me. Good luck to everyone still waiting for a decision and hopefully it’ll come soon.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:00 pm

UKVCAS website showing this:
UKVCAS SERVICE STATUS Service Status currently being updated

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:02 pm

UKVCAS Service Point Update 18th Sep

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249

Jay*
Newly Registered

Post by Jay* » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:05 pm

Ameline wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:16 am
user5 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:57 am
For members who have already attended an in-person biometrics appointment:
How long did your appointment take?
I realise time would vary depending on application type, appointment type, and document scanning. I just want to gauge an approximate time so I can make a good guess as to what time I should book my return train (as an advance train would be much cheaper!).

I have an appointment at an ‘enhanced service point’ for 5pm next week. It is for SET (LR) and I have already scanned and submitted all my documents.

Thanks all
So many people reported it should not take more than 10mn. Mine was on a Saturday they were really busy. I came 20mn before my scheduled appointment and waited in a queue outside. I had to wait for another 20mn from my scheduled appointment to start doing the bios and was done in 25mn as we struggled with my fingerprints (I have naturally dry fingers). So I would say consider this worst case scenario of 45mn from your scheduled time. Good luck!
@Ameline
Did they manage to capture your finger print 100% or put an reference form tried multiple times ?

TuM1010
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by TuM1010 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:10 pm

Anyone's been waiting for over 10 days after submitting biometrics in person? I submitted SET (O) as T2 G dependent after 5 years at Lansdome on 10th Sept (was not eligible for IDV app) and haven't heard anything back.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:16 pm

Jay* wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:05 pm
Ameline wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:16 am
user5 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:57 am
For members who have already attended an in-person biometrics appointment:
How long did your appointment take?
I realise time would vary depending on application type, appointment type, and document scanning. I just want to gauge an approximate time so I can make a good guess as to what time I should book my return train (as an advance train would be much cheaper!).

I have an appointment at an ‘enhanced service point’ for 5pm next week. It is for SET (LR) and I have already scanned and submitted all my documents.

Thanks all
So many people reported it should not take more than 10mn. Mine was on a Saturday they were really busy. I came 20mn before my scheduled appointment and waited in a queue outside. I had to wait for another 20mn from my scheduled appointment to start doing the bios and was done in 25mn as we struggled with my fingerprints (I have naturally dry fingers). So I would say consider this worst case scenario of 45mn from your scheduled time. Good luck!
@Ameline
Did they manage to capture your finger print 100% or put an reference form tried multiple times ?
They attached a reference form to my application saying these were the best they could do adding that I have naturally dry fingers and that there is no visible scars or marks.

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:41 pm

Guy’s this is just s suggestion and do not want to sound like a party popper but with the risk of a second surge from COVID_19, and a further tighten of restrictions do you think is prudent for UKVACS and UKVI to say that there will be no more use of the IDV APP for future applicants but made only available to Tier 4 (Students) maybe moderators can help with this.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:15 pm

stonelove wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:41 pm
Guy’s this is just s suggestion and do not want to sound like a party popper but with the risk of a second surge from COVID_19, and a further tighten of restrictions do you think is prudent for UKVACS and UKVI to say that there will be no more use of the IDV APP for future applicants but made only available to Tier 4 (Students) maybe moderators can help with this.
This is a genuine concern. Lets see if UKVCAS will be forced back to use IDV app again if things get worse...

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:00 pm

oh..did not check this forum for a while...is IDV APP banned now?

I submitted on the 10th Sept - what is the typical timeframe people have got decisons - any1 got any so far after IDV submission ?

if application is decided it is staright to post right - no further emails?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:11 pm

n8net wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:00 pm
oh..did not check this forum for a while...is IDV APP banned now?

I submitted on the 10th Sept - what is the typical timeframe people have got decisons - any1 got any so far after IDV submission ?

if application is decided it is staright to post right - no further emails?
Maybe you can scroll back and check??

gdk199

Post by gdk199 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:31 pm

Hi,
I received the email 'Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app' from no-reply@mail.ukvcas.co.uk this early morning.
In the emial, it says
''What do I need to do next?

Login to your account on the UKVCAS website here
Click on the IDV App panel near the top of the screen''
However, I still cannot see the APP panel.
Has anyone met this problem before?
Could anyone tell me which email adress I need to send to adress this issue?

Saeed5
Sudan

Post by Saeed5 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:36 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:31 pm
I have actually read the official UKVCAS guidance again. It is actually confusing:
If UKVCAS received your application on or after 5 September 2020, we are pleased to let you know that from 21 September, you will be able to book a UKVCAS appointment.
Then it says:
From 21 September onwards, ALL customers will need to book an appointment at one of our Service Points. The IDV app will only be available to some T4 students.
I think UKVCAS will send IDV invitations to all eligible applicants up to 20th Sep.

Once the applicants will receive the IDV app invitation, they can book an appointment instead if they wish.

The recent IDV emails are reported to be sent to applicants 5th Sep - 11th Sep. I am suspecting same might happen for 11th Sep - 20th Sep before 21st Sep....

The above is my own personal interpretation.
I think is same not confused me as they said ALL customers will need to book an appointment, maybe means including who applied on or after 5th SEP .
This my opinion
Last edited by Saeed5 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:36 pm

gdk199 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:31 pm
Hi,
I received the email 'Invitation to use the new UKVCAS IDV app' from no-reply@mail.ukvcas.co.uk this early morning.
In the emial, it says

What is your date of application?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:37 pm

Saeed5 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:36 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:31 pm
I have actually read the official UKVCAS guidance again. It is actually confusing:
If UKVCAS received your application on or after 5 September 2020, we are pleased to let you know that from 21 September, you will be able to book a UKVCAS appointment.
Then it says:
From 21 September onwards, ALL customers will need to book an appointment at one of our Service Points. The IDV app will only be available to some T4 students.
I think UKVCAS will send IDV invitations to all eligible applicants up to 20th Sep.

Once the applicants will receive the IDV app invitation, they can book an appointment instead if they wish.

The recent IDV emails are reported to be sent to applicants 5th Sep - 11th Sep. I am suspecting same might happen for 11th Sep - 20th Sep before 21st Sep....

The above is my own personal interpretation.
I think is same not confused me as they said ALL customers will need to book an appointment, maybe means including who applied on or after 5th SEP .
Yes but many applicants 5th Sep - 11th Sep have been sent IDV app invitations which contradicts it..

alog1
Mood:
India

Post by alog1 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:37 pm

gdk199 wrote:
Hi,
In the emial, it says

You can directly download from your app store. Search for UKVCAS IDV

vivienne husky
Newly Registered
China

Post by vivienne husky » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:38 pm

gdk199 wrote:
Hi,
In the emial, it says

I couldn't see the APP panel either. However the APP is available from APP store. Downloaded and logged in using UKVCAS login details just fine.

gdk199

Post by gdk199 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:36 pm
gdk199 wrote:
Hi,
In the emial, it says

What is your date of application?
I submit my application on 11 september (around 9pm)