ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent tier 4 termination inquiry

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Manali
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

urgent tier 4 termination inquiry

Post by Manali » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:20 pm

Hello all

My friend has received termination letter from his university because he failed twice in 2 assignments.They informed him that he is no more their student and will inform home office to cancel his visa.i would really appreciate any advice / options for him to stay in UK.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: urgent tier 4 termination inquiry

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:57 pm

Hello

With Tier 4 visas, sponsors are usually very strict in reporting to the Home Office. I spoke to a sponsor who lost his license over a single student he didn't report despite multiple absences.

You can here here about curtailments (see Tier 4 section):

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

The situation you describe seems to go under mandatory curtailment.

Your friend needs to find another route to stay in the UK or he will have to go back home. I am being realistic, I don't think in his situation he can impress an employer to get a Tier 2 or similar. In terms of pure immigration, the Tier 4 visa is very weak. I have known many people who finished their studies successfully but couldn't find any option to stay in the UK.

Manali
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Manali » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:12 pm

Thank you Zerubbabel for replying. Termination letter says he can appeal and ask for review. But I also believe they are very strict and will not be easy for him to make any further request. Can he look for another sponsor and apply within UK for same course( BA hons in business management)??

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:13 am

Manali wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:20 pm
i would really appreciate any advice / options for him to stay in UK.
For what reason does he need to stay in the UK?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.