ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Payment form query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BravoCharlie

Tier 2 (General) visa from outside (complicated situation)

Post by BravoCharlie » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:52 pm

Hi,

I am currently working in Saudi Arabia and will be applying for a Tier 2 (General) visa before the end of this month. I have the following questions:

1. The start date on my contract (and most probably) on CoS (it is being issued) is: 01 October 2020. With my current employer in Saudi Arabia, I have a notice period of 2 months. I have not resigned from my current job in Saudi Arabia yet as I am unsure of the visa issuance/travel arrangements during these uncertain times. My UK employer wants me to start remotely from 01 October 2020 or soon after than when the visa is issued. I would like to resign from my current job in Saudi Arabia by 30 December 2020 as I don't want to leave in the middle of the semester (I am a teacher). Will it be a breach of my Tier 2 conditions?

2. If I do the following, will there be any legal/ethical issues?
a. I apply for Tier 2 visa from Saudi Arabia around 25 September 2020 (the aim is to apply before October to avoid enhanced IHS).
b. I mention my expected travel date as 14 October 2020 (I have read somewhere that the expected travel date should be within 14 days of the start date.
c. My visa is issued around 15 October 2020.
d. I start working remotely for my UK employer from 15 October 2020.
e. I resign from my Saudi position by 30 December 2020.
f. I move to the UK on 1 December 2020 (when the semester ends).

3. Will my visa vignette be valid for 90 days? or 28/30 days? I have noticed many applicants on this forum got 90 days validity? Is it the rule now? In case, it is valid for 28/30 days, then can I let it expire and then apply for a replacement vignette? I have read somewhere that expired vignettes can be replaced free of charge by the end of this year. But I will be ok with such an arrangement even if I had to pay for my replacement vignette.

Sorry about the long post. I am really confused and would appreciate any help.

BravoCharlie

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 (General) visa from outside (complicated situation)

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:08 pm

Thought you had applied for the global talent visa???

https://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-ti ... l#p1931956
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BravoCharlie

Post by BravoCharlie » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:08 pm

Yup. That wasn't successful. I mean the Stage 1 outcome was unsuccessful.

BravoCharlie

Post by BravoCharlie » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:33 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:08 pm

Dear CR001,

Any thoughts on my situation? Especially, any idea about the 90 day validity of the vignette? Is it a policy now?

BravoCharlie

CoS query

Post by BravoCharlie » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:03 am

I have been offered the position of a Senior Lecturer by a university in the UK. Regarding my CoS, they have informed me of the following:

"As a Tier 2 General Sponsor, the Home Office allocate us a fixed number of Certificate of Sponsorships per allocation year. We allocate and assign these to individuals on a priority basis based on business needs.
In order to assign you with a Certificate of Sponsorship, we are required to complete and submit an online form to the Home Office, providing personal details about you and the position we have offered you..... "

Two days ago, they asked me to confirm my personal details so they can submit the online form to Home Office.

My question is: will my application for CoS be considered by Home Office in their next meeting on 11 October 2020? Is it possible to get my CoS earlier as the home office seems to have already allocated quota to my university?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: CoS query

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:15 am

My question is: will my application for CoS be considered by Home Office in their next meeting on 11 October 2020?
Yes.
Is it possible to get my CoS earlier as the home office seems to have already allocated quota to my university?
No. A Restricted CoS has to go to the monthly CoS allocation meeting. You cannot get one before the meeting has approved the RCoS.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BravoCharlie

Duration between start date and date of travel

Post by BravoCharlie » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:28 am

Hello,

The start date on my contract is 01 October 2020. I expect to receive my CoS by 11 October. So I plan to start working remotely asap and then travel to the UK in the first week of January 2021. If I submit my visa application by 15 October 2020, can I mention my date of travel to be e.g 05 January 2021?

BravoCharlie

Duration of entry clearance (Tier 2 General)

Post by BravoCharlie » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:59 am

Dear all,

I am planning to submit my Tier 2 (General) visa application from Saudi Arabia in the next few days. I have seen on this forum that almost all the recent out of country applicants have been receiving entry clearance for 90 days instead of the normal 28 days. Could anyone confirm if this is a policy now? I can't find anything online on this. Moreover, all those reporting getting 90 days entry clearance are from India so I am not sure if it's something country-specific or people applying from other countries are also getting 90 days entry clearance?

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Duration of entry clearance (Tier 2 General)

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:21 am

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:22 am

BravoCharlie wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:59 am
Dear all,

I am planning to submit my Tier 2 (General) visa application from Saudi Arabia in the next few days. I have seen on this forum that almost all the recent out of country applicants have been receiving entry clearance for 90 days instead of the normal 28 days. Could anyone confirm if this is a policy now? I can't find anything online on this. Moreover, all those reporting getting 90 days entry clearance are from India so I am not sure if it's something country-specific or people applying from other countries are also getting 90 days entry clearance?

Many thanks in advance.
All entry clearance visa vignettes are currently issued for 90 days. It could change back to 30 days at any time though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

BravoCharlie

Post by BravoCharlie » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:26 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:22 am
BravoCharlie wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:59 am
Dear all,

Many thanks in advance.
All entry clearance visa vignettes are currently issued for 90 days. It could change back to 30 days at any time though.
That's great. Many thanks.

BravoCharlie

Submitting application too close to the start date

Post by BravoCharlie » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:14 pm

Dear all,

I have received my CoS today. It mentions a start date of 12 October. I plan to submit my application by 08 or 09 October after which it will take another 3 weeks (out of country application) to process. Will it be a problem to get a visa if I submit too close to the start date and cannot make it to the UK by the start date? Should I request my employer to move back the start date?

Thanks in advance : )

BravoCharlie

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:21 am
Topics merged!!
Please keep your question in ONE topic!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Submitting application too close to the start date

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:16 pm

BravoCharlie wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:14 pm
Dear all,

I have received my CoS today. It mentions a start date of 12 October. I plan to submit my application by 08 or 09 October after which it will take another 3 weeks (out of country application) to process. Will it be a problem to get a visa if I submit too close to the start date and cannot make it to the UK by the start date? Should I request my employer to move back the start date?

BravoCharlie
No!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

BravoCharlie

Post by BravoCharlie » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:16 pm
BravoCharlie wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:14 pm
Dear all,

BravoCharlie
No!!
Great. Many thanks and sorry for posting too many topics.

You have been very helpful. Thanks a lot.

BravoCharlie

Post by BravoCharlie » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:00 pm

I have the following queries if anyone can answer please:

1. In the application form, it is asked "For either the UK or any other country, have you ever been Refused a visa ". I had earlier applied for a Global Talent Visa (Stage 1 - Endorsement). My application for endorsement was not successful, so I did not apply for the actual visa which is Stage 2. Should I answer the above question with 'NO'?

2. My start date on COS is 12 October. For my date of travel, if I mention 05 November, will it be a problem?

Thanks in advance.

BravoCharlie

Post by BravoCharlie » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:15 pm

Any guidance on the above queries will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

BravoCharlie

BravoCharlie

Post by BravoCharlie » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi,

One of the required documents is Visa/Resident Permit if one is applying for a different country than his home country. I will submit my Saudi Resident Permit (Iqama). However, on my passport my name is S***** K*** K****** while the Saudi Iqama follows a longer naming convention (at least 4 part-names). So my name on my Saudi Iqama is S***** K*** K****** N. K****** where the first three parts of the name are as in my passport while the N and the K****** that follows are initlas and last name of my father. Is this a problem? Or they would understand since they would be dealing with many applications from Saudi Arabia all following a similar naming format.

BravoCharlie

IHS Payment form query

Post by BravoCharlie » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:55 pm

Hi,

When I was submitting the IHS payment for my wife, there was a mandatory question in the form which asked her to mention my (Tier 2 - General) applicant's visa expiry date. We both have mentioned in our application forms that we are traveling together. Then why did it assume that I was already in the UK with a visa? The form was not going forward without inserting this information. I filled my Saudi visa expiry date in it with the intention to write an additional note to clarify this later. However, the IHS payment form for her got submitted without any payment. I have already submitted my application (mentioned her GWF in cover letter), paid my IHS, and booked my appointment. Can anyone suggest why this problem occurred? and what is the possible solution?

Regards,

BravoCharlie

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Topics merged!!

Char (CR001 not Casa)

BravoCharlie

Post by BravoCharlie » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:59 pm
CR001 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Topics merged!!

Sure. Sorry about that. Could you please help me with this query?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS Payment form query

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:00 pm

BravoCharlie wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:55 pm
Hi,

When I was submitting the IHS payment for my wife, there was a mandatory question in the form which asked her to mention my (Tier 2 - General) applicant's visa expiry date. We both have mentioned in our application forms that we are traveling together. Then why did it assume that I was already in the UK with a visa? The form was not going forward without inserting this information. I filled my Saudi visa expiry date in it with the intention to write an additional note to clarify this later. However, the IHS payment form for her got submitted without any payment. I have already submitted my application (mentioned her GWF in cover letter), paid my IHS, and booked my appointment. Can anyone suggest why this problem occurred? and what is the possible solution?

Regards,

BravoCharlie
You should have put the CoS length expiry date, if if a 3 year visa, what that end date is.

Your Saudi visa expiry date is completely irrelevant to this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

BravoCharlie

Post by BravoCharlie » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:00 pm
BravoCharlie wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:55 pm
Hi,

Regards,

BravoCharlie
You should have put the CoS length expiry date, if if a 3 year visa, what that end date is.

Your Saudi visa expiry date is completely irrelevant to this.
Many thanks. I will prepare a new application for her now. On the CoS, the job start date is 12 Oct 2020 and end is 12 Oct 2023. So I will enter the job end date in the next application. Right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:23 pm

Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

BravoCharlie

Post by BravoCharlie » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:23 pm
Yes.
Many thanks. You are a life saver : )