ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:52 am

Hmmm interesting...so after applying (SET LR) on 8th Sept. I have received the IDV app invitation. I also have my biometrics appointment booked for tomorrow. I have already uploaded and submitted all my documents on the UKVCAS portal. I'm just wondering whether I should do the IDV app today before the in-person appointment tomorrow, but I don't see the point in that.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:53 am

ajitu92 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:52 am
Hmmm interesting...so after applying (SET LR) on 8th Sept. I have received the IDV app invitation. I also have my biometrics appointment booked for tomorrow. I have already uploaded and submitted all my documents on the UKVCAS portal. I'm just wondering whether I should do the IDV app today before the in-person appointment tomorrow, but I don't see the point in that.
Just attend the appointment.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:06 am

DanaF wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:00 am
kiss300 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:49 am
DanaF wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:33 am
kiss300 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:19 am
Hi,

Can anyone tell why those who have applied for SET(LR) aren't seeing any quick response?

Also, please people who have applied for SET (LR) can you use the SET (LR) only page and add your timeline so we can see if they are working on our application.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/lond-residen ... s#p1936135

Thank you
Pure supposition on my part but it may be, given the risk of redundancies following the end of the furlough scheme, that they are prioritising applications that are employment specific. For Tier 2 General applicants, losing their job before a decision is made would render their application void whereas I don't believe the same applies for SET (LR) applicants. I do stand to be corrected though.
Hi, we who are applying under SET(LR) too work and would need our visas to show to our bosses. We have to do other things that are dependent on our gaining ILT.
Will need to escalate as I wanted to buy a house but cos my application was pending I couldn't complete the process and lost the opportunity.

SET (LR) MATTER TOO.
Hence why I said it's pure supposition on my part. I hope that you receive the approval you're waiting for soon.
I understand.
I am very hopeful.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:08 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:53 am
ajitu92 wrote:
Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. Given the details are "sent to UKVI within 24 hours" after the app submission, and that my appointment is within the next 24 hours, I don't want to cause any unintended glitches on their systems.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:37 am

Following suggestions in forum from past few weeks, what if i book biometrics appointment for next weekend but i get a response before it, would i be able to get a refund? Maybe a silly question considering home office takes visa applications as money making machine, but still asking :)

Also, how do u get free biometrics appointments? Has anybody got any?

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:55 am

Hi Cullinan sir, Guru,
I am eligible for ILR from today (entry date 17-Oct-2015) and have few months before visa expiry (14-Jan-2021). Given that UKVCAS says that they were planning to open ‘pre covid services’ on 21 Sep but are still testing with UKVI - does it make sense to wait for 1-2 days to know if they come up with any further updates OR better to submit today itself and wait until IDV/appointment opens for me?

Thanks a lot!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:55 am

jigars143 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:37 am
Following suggestions in forum from past few weeks, what if i book biometrics appointment for next weekend but i get a response before it, would i be able to get a refund? Maybe a silly question considering home office takes visa applications as money making machine, but still asking :)

You should get a refund if you cancel outside the 48 hour window minus £10 admin charge.
Assuming you have submitted your biometrics via the IDV app, I am still unclear how the system would work if you book an appointment though, it might show your biometrics pending till then and you might only get a decision after attending the appointment.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:59 am

Cristina88 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:55 am
Hi Cullinan sir, Guru,
I am eligible for ILR from today (entry date 17-Oct-2015) and have few months before visa expiry (14-Jan-2021). Given that UKVCAS says that they were planning to open ‘pre covid services’ on 21 Sep but are still testing with UKVI - does it make sense to wait for 1-2 days to know if they come up with any further updates OR better to submit today itself and wait until IDV/appointment opens for me?

Thanks a lot!
Hello. You are eligible since 10th Sep. You have to start counting 5 years minus 28 days from initial visa issue date (in your case). You were advised this by CR001 already on 28th June.

I think its best to apply now to get in the biometrics queue, whatever the new update be, you will be given priority then if you apply earlier...

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:59 am
Cristina88 wrote:
Hi Cullinan sir, Guru,

Thanks a lot!
Hello. You are eligible since 10th Sep. You have to start counting 5 years minus 28 days from initial visa issue date (in your case). You were advised this by CR001 already on 28th June.

I think its best to apply now to get in the biometrics queue, whatever the new update be, you will be given priority then if you apply earlier...
Okk , was just thinking if there is any update on 21 Sep or remote chances that super prio opens then why not wait for 1 day. But I agree now you are right, should get in the queue!
(I remember CR001 message but I got some docs as late as Fri 18 Sep so I meant only eligible to apply after getting all docs)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:12 pm

@Cristina88

Its totally up to you if you like to wait. Given the corona spike, I highly doubt UKVCAS/UKVI will go back to normal operations that soon though..that is the reason they reverted back to using IDV app just 1 day after updating that IDV app is no more...

If you want you can wait till next week and see how it goes as your visa is valid for long...

M555

Post by M555 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:14 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
jigars143 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:37 am

You should get a refund if you cancel outside the 48 hour window minus £10 admin charge.
Assuming you have submitted your biometrics via the IDV app, I am still unclear how the system would work if you book an appointment though, it might show your biometrics pending till then and you might only get a decision after attending the appointment.

One user has reported getting decision on 16/9/20 after IDV Biometrics. He had an in person appointment booked on 22/9/20 . He cancelled it.

ev2020
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Post by ev2020 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:21 pm

Hi everyone,

with online application and IDV appointments, do we actually need to submit physical BRP and passport?

If not, do you know if we are allowed to travel during the application period?

Many thanks in advance!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:24 pm

ev2020 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:21 pm
Hi everyone,

with online application and IDV appointments, do we actually need to submit physical BRP and passport?

Many thanks in advance!
No physical documents including passport is submitted but you can not travel. If you do, your application will be considered withdrawn.

ev2020
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Post by ev2020 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:26 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:24 pm
ev2020 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:21 pm
Hi everyone,

Many thanks in advance!
No physical documents including passport is submitted but you can not travel. If you do, your application will be considered withdrawn.
Thank you for the swift reply!

Rags1238
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rags1238 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:06 pm

Ameline wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:21 am
Royal_desire wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:41 pm
Thanks really appreciate it.do decision come on weekend aswell saturdays sundays approval emails
Few people confirmed they had received approval emails on Saturday but I haven't seen anyone got this on Sunday.
Just saw on twitter that someone got a decision today

nb999
Newly Registered

Post by nb999 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:11 pm

Rags1238 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:06 pm
Ameline wrote:
Royal_desire wrote:
Thanks really appreciate it.do decision come on weekend aswell saturdays sundays approval emails
Few people confirmed they had received approval emails on Saturday but I haven't seen anyone got this on Sunday.
I have received this now. Just posted my time line in the relevant section.

Ddf
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Ddf » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:15 pm

At 13:29 I have received my wife's 5Years Route further Leave To Remain. Even though it is not related to this topic,. just want to let members know decisions are coming through on Sunday.
Application Submitted on 01 August 2020
Idv Submitted on 06 September 2020
Booked and Attended Biometric Appointment at Landsdown Road on 17 September 2020
Decision email Received: 20 September 2020 at 13:29.
I hope this helps those waiting.

To the moderators thanks for your sterling work, keeping people's hopes alive.

jkengland
Newly Registered

Post by jkengland » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:49 pm

‪I and 2 friends applied June 10 for ILR via the tier 2. We all submitted via IDV - one submitted on 28/8 got decision 18/9, the other one submitted 29/8 who then got decision 15/9 and the last one submitted 31/8 yet got the earliest decision 14/9.‬ Note that the one who submitted the earliest got the decision the latest amongst the three, and the one who submitted the latest got the decision the earliest.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:34 pm

nb999 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:11 pm
Rags1238 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:06 pm
Ameline wrote:
Royal_desire wrote:
I have received this now. Just posted my time line in the relevant section.
Yes I have seen in the Timeline Thread that people have received approval emails today. So decision emails are received 7/7. Good to know. Thanks.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:59 am
Cristina88 wrote:
Hi Cullinan sir, Guru,

Thanks a lot!

CULLINAN and CR001 sorry to contradict what you already confirmed to Cristina88, but if her entry date is 17/10/2015 she is eligible only from yesterday and not from the 10th Sep i.e. we should count from the entry date and not when the visa was issued overseas.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:42 pm

@Ameline

Different visa routes have different rules. For PBS categories its the visa issue date. For yourself since you applied spouse visa, its visa entry date.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:50 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:08 am
CULLINAN wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. Given the details are "sent to UKVI within 24 hours" after the app submission, and that my appointment is within the next 24 hours, I don't want to cause any unintended glitches on their systems.
When I received the invitation for IDV and appointment, I did not think twice and went straight for appointment without using IDV which I regret. Now and based on a feeling only, I just think that submitting via IDV and then going to in-person appointment is better than submitting just from appointment. I might be wrong but it's just an intuition.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:58 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:42 pm
@Ameline

Different visa routes have different rules. For PBS categories its the visa issue date. For yourself since you applied spouse visa, its visa entry date.
Yes my bad, sorry, it makes sense. Didn't know her initial visa was PBS, don't know why I thought it was spouse. Mine was the super priority appointment date when I switched from Tier 4 to Spouse within the UK.

Royal_desire
Mood:
Malawi

Post by Royal_desire » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:02 pm

Ameline wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:50 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
When I received the invitation for IDV and appointment, I did not think twice and went straight for appointment without using IDV which I regret. Now and based on a feeling only, I just think that submitting via IDV and then going to in-person appointment is better than submitting just from appointment. I might be wrong but it's just an intuition.
I dont think doing an idv first then appointment would make any difference in the case as far as i know but moderates would know better i think just a assumption

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:14 pm

Ameline wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:50 pm
ajitu92 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
ajitu92 wrote:
I can relate. I also booked an in-person appointment as soon as the system opened up for me which was on Thursday night. I was tempted to also submit using the IDV app on Friday but decided against it. As there have been quite a few service updates I am unsure whether double submission might now cause issues especially if both methods are used so close together.

Also, it seems majority of applicants who had super quick responses after double submission were the ones who had used the IDV app much earlier than their in-person appointment. Perhaps in the intermediate time their applications had already been checked and were only pending identification approval (as someone also has already suggested).

I think taking even that minimal risk of the system glitching with our applications is probably not worth it since there is little time lapse between our green light to use the app and in person appointment.

Here’s to hoping we all get quick positive responses!