ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:21 pm

For anyone who applied in Aug/Sep, dual submission does not make any sense. Inclined towards going for an appointment only though so you can possibly save some time while your biometrics clear any extra security checks submitted by IDV app otherwise (speculated).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

anandgarg
Newly Registered
India

Post by anandgarg » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:17 pm

I can observe on this forum that a lot of people are using both IDV app and physical Biometrics appointment. Can someone confirm which pic UKVI is choosing for BRP? Is it the one through IDV app or the one from the physical Biometrics appointment?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:19 pm

anandgarg wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:17 pm
I can observe on this forum that a lot of people are using both IDV app and physical Biometrics appointment. Can someone confirm which pic UKVI is choosing for BRP? Is it the one through IDV app or the one from the physical Biometrics appointment?
If you go for the IDV app only, the photo on BRP will be the old pic UKVI have in your system. IDV is only for identification purpose.
Appointment only OR dual submission- New Photo captured by UKVCAS will be on BRP.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:26 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:19 pm
anandgarg wrote:
If you go for the IDV app only, the photo on BRP will be the old pic UKVI have in their system. IDV is only for identification purpose.
Appointment only OR dual submission- New Photo captured by UKVCAS will be on BRP.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:54 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:55 am
jigars143 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:37 am
Following suggestions in forum from past few weeks, what if i book biometrics appointment for next weekend but i get a response before it, would i be able to get a refund? Maybe a silly question considering home office takes visa applications as money making machine, but still asking :)

Also, how do u get free biometrics appointments? Has anybody got any?
You should get a refund if you cancel outside the 48 hour window minus £10 admin charge.
Assuming you have submitted your biometrics via the IDV app, I am still unclear how the system would work if you book an appointment though, it might show your biometrics pending till then and you might only get a decision after attending the appointment.
Thanks Cullinan... It has only been two weeks since I did biometrics. I shall wait for at least few more weeks before registering at centre

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:03 pm

For applicants who applied after 11th Sep

You will have to wait for UKVCAS to update the flash message. For now, the booking system is only open for applicants who applied up to 11th Sep.

Note, majority times the booking system opens up even before an official update comes up OR an email is received.

So you will have to keep checking UKVCAS flash message updates & this biometrics topic for recent developments. Members post their experience here and then everyone knows that the system is open. You have to be pro active as appointments are eaten up quickly.

You will only be able to book an appointment or use IDV app once the system opens up for you.

You will be notified by email if you are eligible for IDV app or not.

If you are eligible for IDV app, you will be able to provide biometrics from home via the app. However, you will have an option to book an appointment instead also. Choice is yours.

If you are not chosen for IDV app, then you will be given a chance to book an appointment only. The booking system will open up for you then and you will be able to view appointments.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:36 pm

Anyone who is eligible for IDV app, I would urge you to go for IDV app. Recent surge in corona cases might force local lockdowns if not national. If you want to attend the centre later on you still will be able to book an appointment but its best to avail IDV app from home.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:49 pm

The myth that appointments will result in quicker decisions might not apply for applicants who applied Sep onwards.

Some applicants who got quicker decisions via appointments or dual submissions were applicants who applied in March-Aug and their applications most probably were processed and interim decisions were made beforehand.

This may not apply for any applicant applying Sep onwards. I do not see any advantage to go for appointment over IDV app for new applicants.

Note, I can see that the appointment availability again has gone very down. I can not see any free appointments as of now.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:56 pm

M555 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:14 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:55 am
jigars143 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:37 am
Following suggestions in forum from past few weeks, what if i book biometrics appointment for next weekend but i get a response before it, would i be able to get a refund? Maybe a silly question considering home office takes visa applications as money making machine, but still asking :)

Also, how do u get free biometrics appointments? Has anybody got any?
You should get a refund if you cancel outside the 48 hour window minus £10 admin charge.
Assuming you have submitted your biometrics via the IDV app, I am still unclear how the system would work if you book an appointment though, it might show your biometrics pending till then and you might only get a decision after attending the appointment.

One user has reported getting decision on 16/9/20 after IDV Biometrics. He had an in person appointment booked on 22/9/20 . He cancelled it.
thank you M555. That is a great help. I shall wait couple of more weeks otherwise i will book appointment. Only did biometrics two weeks ago

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:07 pm

In response to some rumours:
The ‘priority service’ and ‘super priority service’ to get a faster decision on a visa or settlement (‘indefinite leave to remain’) application are both currently suspended because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:34 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:07 pm
In response to some rumours:
The ‘priority service’ and ‘super priority service’ to get a faster decision on a visa or settlement (‘indefinite leave to remain’) application are both currently suspended because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement
Some Solicitors on FB as well are claiming to have the info about priority starting this week.

SWinSW
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by SWinSW » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:52 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:19 pm
anandgarg wrote:
If you go for the IDV app only, the photo on BRP will be the old pic UKVI have in your system. IDV is only for identification purpose.
Hi, I had my ILR approval on 11th Sept and received the BRP on 16th after submitting via the IDV app on 27th Aug and going for a physical appointment on 7th Sept. The photo on the BRP was from my 2018 FLR appointment. So, either there's no fixed system as to which photo is used or my approval had already been made in the UKVI system by the time I went for the physical appointment on 7th Sept but the letter hadn't been generated yet...

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:12 am

Guys, I need your advice:

I applied for my ILR as a Set (0) Tier 2 5 year applicant on 27/7. Submitted my biometrics on 9/09. Never used the app.
So I heard nothing since 09/09. Getting a little worried.. Is there any way I can contact the HO to get any kind of update? When would it be appropriate to ask my local MP for help?

thank you

AprilAusApplicant
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by AprilAusApplicant » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:45 am

Guys,
Long time lurker on this forum, appreciate the advice shared by all -

Submitted my ILR application on April 6th after 5yrs on UK Ancestry, submitted photo etc on IDV app on Aug 22nd, then attended appointment in the City for Biometrics on Sep 16th. Haven't heard anything specific to my application from UKVI at any stage of the process, and can't get them to even look at it as it's still inside 6 months. I've had my MP write to Home Office for an update late last week.

Any advice on other options if none of the above avenues of enquiry work would be much appreciated.

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:48 am

Maddy_1992 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:12 am

I applied for my ILR as a Set (0) Tier 2 5 year applicant on 27/7. Submitted my biometrics on 9/09. Never used the app.
So I heard nothing since 09/09. Getting a little worried.. Is there any way I can contact the HO to get any kind of update? When would it be appropriate to ask my local MP for help?

thank you
Write to your local MP on 30/09. It is important that you do not write to local MP or UKVI before that, because you get only one shot and writing before three weeks of biometrics will only lead to a template response of "you need to be patient"...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:53 am

AprilAusApplicant wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:45 am
Guys,
Long time lurker on this forum, appreciate the advice shared by all -

Submitted my ILR application on April 6th after 5yrs on UK Ancestry, submitted photo etc on IDV app on Aug 22nd, then attended appointment in the City for Biometrics on Sep 16th. Haven't heard anything specific to my application from UKVI at any stage of the process, and can't get them to even look at it as it's still inside 6 months. I've had my MP write to Home Office for an update late last week.

Any advice on other options if none of the above avenues of enquiry work would be much appreciated.
The standard service is 6 months. You should only engage your MP after 6 months have lapsed. Contact your MP on 5th Oct. Hope you hear before that anyways.

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:16 am

jameswilliamson6544 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:48 am
Maddy_1992 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:12 am

thank you
Write to your local MP on 30/09. It is important that you do not write to local MP or UKVI before that, because you get only one shot and writing before three weeks of biometrics will only lead to a template response of "you need to be patient"...
thank you. would an email be sufficient or a letter is better?

Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by 31082020 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:43 am

I applied om 31/08/2020 and I am having the same issue as you. I did not receive any emails and I cannot see any available appointments on the website. I am beginning to get worried now. I sent a DM to UKVCAS on Twitter and their response was that I will be contacted soon. Did you send a DM to then on Twitter as advised and what was their response?

Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by 31082020 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:47 am

meggo wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:25 am
Are people still seeing open appointments at places like Lansdowne Road? I applied on 4 Sept, and haven't received the invite email from UKCVAS saying I can go in and book an appointment (or an invite to the app). Went onto the site today to see when I might expect it, and see I should have received it already! I have looked through every centre that is available 'near me' which is around 10 and it's showing no available appointments at any of them (inc Lansdowne Road). Not sure whether that's because there are no appointments or I'm just not eligible yet? Or alternatively, I'm incompetent and not using the site correctly?
I applied om 31/08/2020 and I am having the same issue as you. I did not receive any emails and I cannot see any available appointments on the website. I am beginning to get worried now. I sent a DM to UKVCAS on Twitter and their response was that I will be contacted soon. Did you send a DM to then on Twitter as advised and what was their response?

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:49 am

Hi Peeps,

I see a lot of nervousness in the forum from the people who have applied recently. Please don't worry until it hits 6 months after your application. If you escalate for no particular reason; then it will just complicate things for others as their applications might be put in the back seat.

Moderators are trying their best to calm everyone; hats off to you guys!

Take a chillpill!
I submitted my application on 14th April and 28th August idv app.

gesges
Newly Registered

Post by gesges » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:01 am

Hi everyone,

I applied for ILR through long term residency on 2nd of September. However, I could not book any appointments on the UKVCAS website then, as they said UKVI will be deciding if I'm able to use the IDV app or should book an appointment. On Saturday UKVCAS updated their site, saying anyone who applied before 12th September should have received an email to either use the app or book their appointment, but I haven't received any emails (checked spam, junk, deleted folders)...

Anyone having the same issue? I've been on waiting on the phone for 1.5 hours and still waiting...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:13 am

gesges wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:01 am
Hi everyone,

I applied for ILR through long term residency on 2nd of September. However, I could not book any appointments on the UKVCAS website then, as they said UKVI will be deciding if I'm able to use the IDV app or should book an appointment. On Saturday UKVCAS updated their site, saying anyone who applied before 12th September should have received an email to either use the app or book their appointment, but I haven't received any emails (checked spam, junk, deleted folders)...

Anyone having the same issue? I've been on waiting on the phone for 1.5 hours and still waiting...
DM UKVCAS on twitter.

butchikMD
Newly Registered

Post by butchikMD » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:20 am

Hi. Has anyone got BRP approved/issued yet for those who completed the application through IDV app 1st week of September?

I filed my application 14th April and managed to do the IDV app 3rd September as soon as I got the invite. I can see from this thread that a lot of approvals/issuance were are already done for those who did the IDV app in August.

gesges
Newly Registered

Post by gesges » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:22 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:13 am
gesges wrote:
Hi everyone,

DM UKVCAS on twitter.
Thanks, I just did. Do they usually respond quickly?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:25 am

gesges wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:22 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:13 am
gesges wrote:
Hi everyone,

DM UKVCAS on twitter.
Thanks, I just did. Do they usually respond quickly?
Yes