ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR set(O) optional documents/travel history

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Desiro
Belarus

Is 2.5 months left on the contract enough for foreseeable future

Post by Desiro » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:51 pm

Hi all,
I'm about to submit set(0) application based on tier2 5 year working visa. I am eligible for set(0) from mid June this year but for the last three months I've been waiting for the t2 extension decision which I only got yesterday. This extension is only for 4 months of which only 2.5 months left. Now the question is whether this will be sufficient for foreseeable future?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Is 2.5 months left on the contract enough for foreseeable future

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Desiro wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:51 pm
Hi all,
I'm about to submit set(0) application based on tier2 5 year working visa. I am eligible for set(0) from mid June this year but for the last three months I've been waiting for the t2 extension decision which I only got yesterday. This extension is only for 4 months of which only 2.5 months left. Now the question is whether this will be sufficient for foreseeable future?
You have to get an employer letter in which your employer has to mention you are required for foreseeable future. It has nothing to do with visa expiry date. Read the Tier 2 guidance for correct requirements Page 69.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Desiro
Belarus

Re: Is 2.5 months left on the contract enough for foreseeable future

Post by Desiro » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:14 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:41 pm
Desiro wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:51 pm
Hi all,
You have to get an employer letter in which your employer has to mention you are required for foreseeable future. It has nothing to do with visa expiry date. Read the Tier 2 guidance for correct requirements Page 69.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
Thank you, I will have a look.

Desiro
Belarus

Address to which letter from employer should be directed to

Post by Desiro » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:02 pm

Hi all,
What address should my employer use for the letters in support of set(0) application?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Address to which letter from employer should be directed to

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:08 pm

Desiro wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:02 pm
Hi all,
What address should my employer use for the letters in support of set(0) application?

“Home Office”
“To Whom it May Concern”
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Desiro
Belarus

Letter from employer + absences dated after application

Post by Desiro » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:36 pm

Hi all, I finally received my tier2 extension brp today and about to submit ILR set(O) application. I am ready to proceed with payment and have all the documents in hands apart from the ones from my employer- they said they would do this but it takes time. As far as I understand- I will only need documents later at UKVCAS portal, do you think the letter from employer dated 1-2 days after the application date is a problem?

srsw

Re: Letter from employer + absences dated after application

Post by srsw » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:41 pm

I don't see any problem with it, tbh. But do make sure they give the letter asap.

If they delay giving letter for weeks then you'll end jeopardising your application.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

srsw

Re: Letter from employer + absences dated after application

Post by srsw » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:59 pm

Just saw another post where it was suggested that evidence should be dated on or before the application date, so just double check or wait for moderators input.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Desiro
Belarus

ILR set(O) optional documents/travel history

Post by Desiro » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:53 pm

Hi all,
I started my ILR application process based on 5year tier 2 visa today. At the UKVCAS portal, there is a section for uploading optional documents, are we supposed to upload pdfs of tickets to prove travel history in the respective section? I am a bit confused-I have a lot of documents which can support my residency- ie car and property ownership, but I'm worried that this will rather delay the decision. What do you guys upload as optional documents, apart from those mentioned in the checklist?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR set(O) optional documents/travel history

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:31 am

Topics merged again. Can you please desist from starting a new topic with each question. Keep all your questions in this one topic!!
are we supposed to upload pdfs of tickets to prove travel history in the respective section?

No. Passports only.
I am a bit confused-I have a lot of documents which can support my residency- ie car and property ownership, but I'm worried that this will rather delay the decision.
None of this is required for residency. You only need your passport(s).
What do you guys upload as optional documents, apart from those mentioned in the checklist?
The checklist and categories are generic. Your do NOT have to upload in every category. Don't submit unnecessary documents which you think are relevant.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/uploading-yo ... 96002.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:00 pm

Hi everyone, I submitted my application for ilr set(0) on 24.09 and have an appointment on 8.10. Regarding the stamp on bank account and payslip- should it be not more than 30 days from the date of application submission or actual appointment? I have payslip from 31.08 and bank account statement (one month reflecting salary on payslip) from 11.09.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:05 pm

Date of application submission