ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

info about vfs global self uploading

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MAdnan1
Mood:

VFS Biometrics and uploading documents

Post by MAdnan1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:54 pm

I managed to book one today for 1 weeks time (1st October) - I kept refreshing and checking for slots every few hours. Luckily got one booked not too far away. There was only the 1 slot left for that date, otherwise next slots were October 12th.

I booked without uploading documents - which I am going to do in these next few days before appointment.

Anybody know if this will be an issue? that I have not uploaded documents before booking VFS appointment.

MAdnan1
Mood:

VFS Biometrics and uploading documents

Post by MAdnan1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:59 pm

Hi Seagul - Awesome work on this forum by the way.
Just a quick one, I booked an appointment through VFS for biometrics appointment without uploading documents. I know it is advised to upload documents first then book appointment, but I didn't want to risk having an appointment so far away. Managed to get an appointment for 1st October - I plan to get documents uploaded before that date, you think it will be fine? I mean my wife will not have any issues at the VFS centre on appointment day because of this?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: VFS Biometrics and uploading documents

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:15 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:59 pm
Hi Seagul - Awesome work on this forum by the way.
Just a quick one, I booked an appointment through VFS for biometrics appointment without uploading documents. I know it is advised to upload documents first then book appointment, but I didn't want to risk having an appointment so far away. Managed to get an appointment for 1st October - I plan to get documents uploaded before that date, you think it will be fine? I mean my wife will not have any issues at the VFS centre on appointment day because of this?
For booking only the appointment, the uploading of documents aren't mandatory which can be kept on carrying out until the date of appointment. From today till 1st October just upload all the documents.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MAdnan1
Mood:

Post by MAdnan1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:48 pm

Thanks for giving some clarification and peace of mind. Would you happen to know if I chose the option of using the Birmingham scanning hub > how long that process takes and how quickly they scan the documents in for you - you think If I send the documents to them by lets say Wednesday 23rd Sep (guaranteed for that day) they will have them scanned in by 1st October.

I can't seem to find any thread about anyone who has opted use the scanning hub option hence no idea of how long it will take :?

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:58 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:48 pm
Thanks for giving some clarification and peace of mind. Would you happen to know if I chose the option of using the Birmingham scanning hub > how long that process takes and how quickly they scan the documents in for you - you think If I send the documents to them by lets say Wednesday 23rd Sep (guaranteed for that day) they will have them scanned in by 1st October.

I can't seem to find any thread about anyone who has opted use the scanning hub option hence no idea of how long it will take :?
I would advise to do a self upload. It's pretty much straight forward and there is threads on what category to include what document.
On self upload you have control and assurance that all uploaded okay. Also you have no limit to the number of documents you can upload.

MAdnan1
Mood:

info about vfs global self uploading

Post by MAdnan1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:23 pm

So am I correct in saying that we do not need to print off and fill in the Appendix 2 form anymore and upload it as part of the documents - even-though VFS site self scan has a section to upload it? will we just leave that blank?

MAdnan1
Mood:

Post by MAdnan1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:59 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:58 pm
MAdnan1 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:48 pm

I would advise to do a self upload. It's pretty much straight forward and there is threads on what category to include what document.
On self upload you have control and assurance that all uploaded okay. Also you have no limit to the number of documents you can upload.
Yeah I am prepared to self upload. Would you happen to know any thread that has a relatively good breakdown of what needs to go in each section? I kind of know already but would be great to have a comparison/standard

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: info about vfs global self uploading

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:14 am

MAdnan1 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:23 pm
So am I correct in saying that we do not need to print off and fill in the Appendix 2 form anymore and upload it as part of the documents - even-though VFS site self scan has a section to upload it? will we just leave that blank?
Yes, that's correct.

MAdnan1
Mood:

Post by MAdnan1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:17 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:14 am
MAdnan1 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:23 pm
Yes, that's correct.
Thanks for that - I'm not doubting what you are saying but would you happen to give an official source for that information? Appendix 2 is such a grey area :roll:

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:25 am

There is no official ref i can give, all the questions in the Appendix 2 are now incorporated in the online form so amounts to duplication.
Amongst other successful applicants who didn't fill Appendix 2, I am one.

MAdnan1
Mood:

Uploading scanned docs AFTER making biometric appointment?

Post by MAdnan1 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:48 am

Ive booked my appointment before uploading. I've not uploaded anything yet but plan to do all in 1 go in coming days, of course before the appointment. Just wanted to ask:

1. Is it best to upload section at a time and then press UPLOAD DOCUMENTS button OR upload all sections and then at the end once complete press the UPLOAD DOCUMENTS button then?

2. In order to have all the uploads show on the receipt did you initially upload the documents then continue onto appointments screen (even though its booked) and then back into document uploads page and download receipt from there? or did you just press UPLOAD DOCUMENTS and download the receipt from that same page without continuing into appointments screen?