ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:24 pm

by finallyilrlr » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:16 pm

Just DM'd UKVCAS on twitter and they said that they're holding us (post-12 sep applicants) off because there are no appointments available anyway - so they're processing the backlog.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:29 pm

allie887 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:03 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:00 pm
@Allie887

Yes. Sorted then :D
Phew. Thank you again.
CULLINAN you are amazing! I'm sure this is helpful for anyone having this and panicking.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:33 pm

Ameline wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:29 pm
allie887 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:03 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:00 pm
@Allie887

Yes. Sorted then :D
Phew. Thank you again.
CULLINAN you are amazing! I'm sure this is helpful for anyone having this and panicking.
Thank you. All members including yourself are amazing! This thread has lots of information shared by all members which is helpful to all 😃
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:24 pm
by finallyilrlr » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:16 pm

Just DM'd UKVCAS on twitter and they said that they're holding us (post-12 sep applicants) off because there are no appointments available anyway - so they're processing the backlog.
Guru, Angel, Messiah, Cullinan,
Finally am taking your advice and not waiting anymore to be in the queue and submitting today, realised no need to wait for 'normalcy'! I have all docs ready so best course will be to pay & submit and then I upload docs on UKVCAS (getting login / pwd on email ? ) and logout and login back to submit. submitting application and documents on the same date (if possible). Is there anything else to do ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:48 pm

@Cristina88
Finally am taking your advice and not waiting anymore to be in the queue and submitting today, realised no need to wait for 'normalcy'! I have all docs ready so best course will be to pay & submit and then I upload docs on UKVCAS (getting login / pwd on email ? ) and logout and login back to submit. submitting application and documents on the same date (if possible). Is there anything else to do ?
1) Pay and submit via UKVI. Date of application is the date you pay and submit.
2) Press “book an appointment” on further actions page @UKVI.
3) System will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS. Register on the same day.
4) Access code will be sent to your email. Usually it lands up in Junk folder.
5) Upload all documents as per your convenience. Sooner the better.
6) Sign out and sign in again.
7) You will see a submit button. Submit documents to UKVI. Note, you will only be able to submit once. However, you will be able to add more at your appointment/using IDV app at a later stage.
8- Keep following this topic for recent developments as appointments/IDV access usually opens up even before an official update.
9) Wait to book an appointment/IDV access as per your choice.
10) Good luck for a quick decision.

otmotmotm
Newly Registered

Post by otmotmotm » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:48 pm
@Cristina88
3) System will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS. Register on the same day.
7) You will see a submit button. Submit documents to UKVI. Note, you will only be able to submit once. However, you will be able to add more at your appointment/using IDV app at a later stage.
8- Keep following this topic for recent developments as appointments/IDV access usually opens up even before an official update.
Wow this is super useful --> so clear!!! Thank you so much CULLINAN. You have been absolutely wonderful. We all owe you many times over for all your help :)

ujeshaniere
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ujeshaniere » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:13 pm

Just to share that I got my ILR approval email this morning. Big thank you to moderators and other members sharing their story as this helped maintain my sanity while waiting for a decision. Timeline as follows:
ILR Set LR application: 20 May 2020
IDV submitted: 27 August
In person appointment: 14 Sept
Approval email: 21 Sept
Not sure if IDV or face to face worked but I got tired of sitting back doing nothing while people were reporting getting approval shortly after in person appt. Good luck to others still waiting.

indgirlinglasgow05
Newly Registered

Post by indgirlinglasgow05 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Hi, I received an email from Home Office with below line in the text :

"Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case."

Does this mean that my application is delayed ? Can anyone advise. This is making me anxious.

Luluokis29
Mood:

Post by Luluokis29 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:35 pm

atto123_ wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:51 pm
atto123 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:19 pm
berege wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:17 pm
atto123 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:48 am
Finally May-10 th applicant, booked the manual biometric on next tuesday 15 the september, fingers crossed...
glad you have got your response atto.

may I just clarify if you have received the email for booking appointment today and then you were able to book the appointment for next week?
My solicitor got a response on sunday, they called today morning and we booked the appointment. hope this helps and also i think now backlog till may is completely cleared
Hi All,
Somehow my id is not working. So created another one with underscore.

Great news...I got my ILR approved, got mail from solicitor today morning. Actual mail to solicitor went on 19th Sep....

so this is my Time line

Applied --> 06-May-2020
Biometric reuse --> 29 Aug (Opted out)
In person Biometric --> 15 Sep 2019.
Decision email --> 19 Sep 18:44 PM ( ILR Approved).

This is the fantastic news i received in recent times...Thank you all....By now i see that all of the april-may-june aspirants are Cleared
A lot of April people are still waiting...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:54 pm

indgirlinglasgow05 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:23 pm

"Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case."

Does this mean that my application is delayed ? Can anyone advise. This is making me anxious.

Many have reported receiving similar emails. These seem to be generic auto pushed system emails. Just ignore them.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:30 pm

ujeshaniere wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:13 pm
Just to share that I got my ILR approval email this morning. Big thank you to moderators and other members sharing their story as this helped maintain my sanity while waiting for a decision. Timeline as follows:
Not sure if IDV or face to face worked but I got tired of sitting back doing nothing while people were reporting getting approval shortly after in person appt. Good luck to others still waiting.
Please update the SET LR timeline thread with these details so everyone visiting these forums is aware too :)
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:32 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:48 pm
@Cristina88

Thanks a lot Cullinan, bit urgent as about to submit: Do we have to upload checklist that is generated after submission (With bar code) with ticks as well ? There is no place to sign it though.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:33 pm

@Cristina88

No. Its for your own records only.

atto123_
Newly Registered
India

Post by atto123_ » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:54 pm

Many have reported receiving similar emails. These seem to be generic auto pushed system emails. Just ignore them.
Hey Cullinan, my ILR got approved on 19-Sep. A special thanks to you for the selfless service that you are doing in keeping track, guiding us etc ...Great work !!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:43 pm

Thank you. Congratulations atto123_ 🥳

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:49 pm

Thanks a lot Cullinan, absolutely remarkable.. I think thanking you seems so small compared to help you are providing to the community!
I have submitted my application & now Fingers crossed!

indgirlinglasgow05
Newly Registered

Post by indgirlinglasgow05 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:50 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:54 pm
indgirlinglasgow05 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Thank you.

I submitted my application on 11th Aug and biometrics via IDV app on 8th Sep. And I was hoping to get a decision within 8 weeks.

I am still waiting for a decision and this email dint help my anxiety at all. They should provide us with better timeline updates than leaving us in an unending wait.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:56 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:49 pm
Thanks a lot Cullinan, absolutely remarkable.. I think thanking you seems so small compared to help you are providing to the community!
I have submitted my application & now Fingers crossed!
Thank you and good luck.. I have a feeling you will get your decision very quick 😃
Now be pro active to look for an appointment/IDV access as soon its reported here/UKVCAS flash message.....

ujeshaniere
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ujeshaniere » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:08 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:30 pm
ujeshaniere wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:13 pm
Please update the SET LR timeline thread with these details so everyone visiting these forums is aware too :)
Will do.

eeeccc
Newly Registered

Post by eeeccc » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:16 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:06 pm
eeeccc wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:58 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:57 am
Given the recent surge in cases, potentially there will be stricter rules implemented today if not a national lockdown. Calls for national measures to be implemented today. Best to keep an eye on the news. The restrictions may impact the UKVCAS appointment bookings also. I would urge anyone applying in Sep onwards to submit biometrics via IDV app (if eligible) to avoid potential lockdowns/delays.
Probably a stupid question. If I submit via the app to be safe in case of lockdown, would I be then able to book an in person appointment (in case there is no lockdown and appoint is usually quicker). Or is it only for specific people/ after a certain period of time when you don't hear back you can then book appointment? Thank you
If you are eligible for IDV app: You will be able to book an appointment even after using the IDV app. Choice is yours if you want to go for dual submission but its not recommended. I do not see any advantage of dual submission for applicants Sep onwards.
thank you - will keep checking for updates

Chims1
Newly Registered
Malawi

Post by Chims1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:28 pm

Hie everyone I just wanted to ask. I submitted my application mid April and got the reuse email. I then uploaded my documents via the idv app. I want to book a in-person appointment. Will I need to scan my documents again at the appointment or the website?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:31 pm

Chims1 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:28 pm
Hie everyone I just wanted to ask. I submitted my application mid April and got the reuse email. I then uploaded my documents via the idv app. I want to book a in-person appointment. Will I need to scan my documents again at the appointment or the website?
No.

shohjura

Post by shohjura » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:37 pm

I noticed they send invites every thursday, like on 3rd, 10th and 17th sept.
Good luck
awesomeagni wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:28 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:16 pm
awesomeagni wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:13 pm
If UKVCAS received your application on or after 12 September 2020, please continue to check this page for updates. We will refresh this page over the next few days to let you know when you can book a UKVCAS appointment or use the IDV app.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Thanks CULLINAN .
I have seen this update.

Sopra Steria's update is confusing at best.

Last week, on one of their updates they had stated, applicants who have submitted their applications on or after 12/09/2020, would be able to book biometrc appointments straightaway on 21/09/2020, irrespective of whether they receive any email or not.
And UKVCAS said the same on Twitter (DM) too.

However, today when I had asked whether to look out for the service status message or whether the applicants will be notified by email - they replied "you will be notified by email".
The service status they have posted today contains virtually nothing for applicants who have submitted on or after 12/09/2020.

Guess waiting is the only option.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:38 pm

So UKVI forcing people to opt out who opted In Initially. The proof is they have put everyone's application on hold who choose to take the opportunity to use free App.
I can see hundreds and hundreds of people rushing to book an appointment to get out of this mess. They are being forced to pay hefty amounts to get the decision.

This is pure blackmailing....
ZR

Vimala
Newly Registered

Post by Vimala » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:41 pm

Hi,
Tier 2 ICT Extension:
Registered to UKVCAS Website on 31st March 2020. Due to covid-19 lock down issues, appointment slots were not opened. From June'2020 people got invitations to book appointment slots. Unfortunately I selected for Biometrics Reuse approach and didn't get chance to book biometrics in UK. Later on 19th August 2020, got IDV App and submitted details on same day. Since 4 weeks waiting for approval mail but I didn't receive single email.
Few colleagues who submitted after me got approval mail that they will receive BRP in 7 days.
This is very frustrating. I am waiting from March 2020 and there is no result till now. It impacts personal plans. Please suggest how to progress further.