ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:23 am

@Ritchie12 @Jenov

All the best!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:24 am

@Jotaele

Booking system is not open for applicants who applied after 11th Sep.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Issue1985
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Issue1985 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:27 am

Birmingham has got many free appointments starting from 5th October through to middle of November...

andakut
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by andakut » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:25 am

Hi all,

Submitted my application on Friday 18/09. On the application form I remember selecting the re-use biometric information when I applied for my ILR in 2018. Anyway today 22/09 I received an email from the UKVI (see below). My question does this mean I will not have to go/book a biometric appointment?

"Dear xxxxx,

Case ID: xxxxxxx

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Permanent migration team"

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:41 am

@andakut

This is a generic auto system email. Ignore this.

You will be notified by email if you have to book an appointment or use IDV app. You will have to wait for that. For now, the system is not open for anyone who applied after 11th Sep.

andakut
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by andakut » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:47 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:41 am
@andakut

You will be notified by email if you have to book an appointment or use IDV app. You will have to wait for that. For now, the system is not open for anyone who applied after 11th Sep.
Thanks for the advice CULLINAN. I guess it is a waiting game for applications made after 11th September as per the service status update on UKVCAS

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:50 am

andakut wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:47 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:41 am
@andakut

Thanks for the advice CULLINAN. I guess it is a waiting game for applications made after 11th September as per the service status update on UKVCAS
Correct. Best is to keep an eye on the UKVCAS updates and this topic for recent developments. Usually system opens up even before an official update so you need to be pro active and carry on with the hit and trial method logging in your UKVCAS account/IDV app to check for access just like that.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:02 am

Can anyone who submitted via IDV app only and have access to the booking system, please check the availability in London area (Croydon, Lansdowne and Mark Lane)? The earliest even if its paid? Thank you

finallyilrlr
Mood:

Post by finallyilrlr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:20 am

Sorry I don’t have access yet. Am I right in thinking people usually get the invite to book one week after they’ve signed up? It looks like it?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:29 am

finallyilrlr wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:20 am
Sorry I don’t have access yet. Am I right in thinking people usually get the invite to book one week after they’ve signed up? It looks like it?
No. You have to check UKVCAS flash updates. All applicants who applied after 11th Sep will have to wait till UKVCAS decides to give them access.

swagill
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brunei

Post by swagill » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:00 pm

Booked a free biometric appointment at croydon centre on 5th Oct. Not sure will it be worth doing it.

Online application submitted: 10 June 2020
IDV submitted : 4th September 2020

tkp
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by tkp » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:02 am
Can anyone who submitted via IDV app only and have access to the booking system, please check the availability in London area (Croydon, Lansdowne and Mark Lane)? The earliest even if its paid? Thank you
Just checked now the earliest slot:
- Croydon: Monday 05th Oct.: free and paid slots.
- Mark Lane: Monday 05th Oct.: only paid slots.
- Lansdowne: Wed 30th Sept: only 1 paid slot.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:28 pm

tkp wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:17 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thank you 🙏

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:48 pm

I applied on 1/07/2020, and was eligible for biometric reuse. receieved invitation and submitted biometrics via IDV app on 28/08/2020.
Looking at the trend on this forum, I was tempted to book in person appointment. This thought of booking in person appointment came to mind so many times, but at the same I was reluctant to book one as well. Last night, while checking for a free appointment, I managed to book one (for 5/10), but again was thinking that this might complicate things e.g. ukvi might be thinking that as I am due to attend an appointment so they might not make a decision on my application (even though they have my biometrics/pic via IDV app). So after these thoughts, I imediately cancelled my free appointment :/
Luckily, I have now received my decision this afternoon. so relieved. so just to confirm, the process involving IDV app is working.
I hope you all receive your decisions soon too. Good Luck!

soul_mickey
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by soul_mickey » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:28 pm
tkp wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Thank you 🙏
are you going to book an appointment leave it at IDV and wait patiently for approval?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:42 pm

soul_mickey wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:40 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:28 pm
tkp wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Thank you 🙏
are you going to book an appointment leave it at IDV and wait patiently for approval?
I have already booked a free appointment. Waited patiently for 3.5 weeks. No harm in testing my luck too if dual submission works for me. Lets see.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:08 pm

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:13 pm

All applicants 12th - 18th Sep should keep checking their systems. They will be getting access very soon!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:19 pm

Its reported that appointments are open! Also many free appointments in croydon lansdowne.

finallyilrlr
Mood:

Post by finallyilrlr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:33 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:19 pm
Its reported that appointments are open! Also many free appointments in croydon lansdowne.
not yetttttt :( for me anyways!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:35 pm

@finallyilrlr

When did you apply? Applicants up to 17th Sep will get access by tomorrow. A couple already have reported having access already..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:39 pm

If UKVCAS received your application between 12 - 18 September 2020 you will receive an email by 23 September, inviting you to either book a UKVCAS appointment or to download and use the IDV app.

If UKVCAS received your application on or after 18 September 2020, please continue to check this page for updates. We will refresh this page over the next few days to let you know when you can book a UKVCAS appointment or use the IDV app so watch this space!
UKVCAS flash message.

finallyilrlr
Mood:

Post by finallyilrlr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:41 pm

16th!

Soon hopefully will keep refreshing for the next few hours!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:42 pm

finallyilrlr wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:41 pm
16th!

Soon hopefully will keep refreshing for the next few hours!
Check different postcodes. Not all centres show appointments.

uklondonn
Spain

Post by uklondonn » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:43 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:19 pm
Thank you!

I've just booked an appointment, a little bit expensive (134) but it will be for next week 😁